Buffets, good date idea?

Guest Jax-47

Guest Jax-47

I can't exactly pay for all the meals of myself in addition another person that tries to eat enough calories everyday to feed a small village, so I've been thinking that an adequate alternative would be to take my partner to an all you can eat buffet once a week or so. Is this a good date for a feeder/feedee couple? What are buffets like now that we live in this pandemic?

Buffet recommendations in Seattle are very appreciated.

I looked up hometown buffet, which was awesome, and found that the company that owns old country, Ryan’s, and hometown buffets went bankrupt and all buffets are closed permanently.  This is very sad news.  Can we have a moment of silence please.  

• 3 weeks later...

I love taking dates out to restaurants, and I'm more of a quality-over-quantity person, so I do not care much for buffets, but I understand what you're aiming for here.  While my usual recommendation is for fancier restaurants that offer something unique, I'll say this...bar food.  You can get simple food done well for a decent price at a bar.  Just do a little research on the bars in the area first.  Like there is a bar I go to that offers nearly perfect grilled cheese and fries for $9.  Sometimes, depending on location, you may have a few bars near each other that each have their own unique appetizers or dishes, so you can spend an evening bar-hopping to try different things and splitting dishes if there are larger entrees to try.  Plus, to me, the bar environment is more fun than the buffet restaurant environment.  And you can sit closer to your date at a bar than at a buffet.  Now you just have to limit your drinking to keep the bill low.  It might be a bit more expensive than a buffet, but I think it would be more fun.  

• 2 weeks later...