Favorite TV Show to Binge Watch

Guest Kristyk_fatgirl

On 8/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, Guest Kristyk_fatgirl said:

What are some of your favorite tv shows to binge watch? Give me some suggestions! 

Currently watching Dawsons Creek(1998) and I watch Gilmore Girls every winter.

Gilmore Girls Coffee GIF

If you got Brit box then classic doctor who 26 years of television from 1963-1989 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Goloso2022

Peep Show, Toast of London are my go to shows. If I have a free afternoon can easily get sucked into sitting through a whole Four in a Bed (UK day time TV show where people rate each other’s Bed and Breakfasts)! 

• Curvage Model

If you like anime I highly recommend Aggretsuko.  It's so cute and actually genuinely funny.  Short episodes so it's definitely easy to binge.

I definitely second the suggestion of Ozark...great drama and you'll be hooked.

Also a show that I think is a little slept on...Sense8.  It's a sci-fi drama and it's SO cool.  Only 2 seasons so not a whole lot, but definitely worth it

and one last one I don't think I saw on here is Glow.  Based on the old 80's show and it's a fake behind-the-scenes type of show.  It's funny, but also heartwarming and it's got ladies in leotards of all shapes and sizes so what's not to love? lol

• Curvage Model

My Mad Fat Diary is a great series set in the 90s that deals with body image and mental health in a very realistic and relatable way but also has a lot of hilarious moments! Definitely wish there was a series like this for me growing up!

If you can, watch the original UK version (not the Hulu one) that has all the original music intact because the soundtrack is DOPE but Hulu replaced a lot of the songs with generic ones 👌🏽

I also love binging on 90s Nicktoons!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

No idea why and it’s quite embarrassing but I watch Dragon's Den (UK) or Kitchen Nightmares to turn off my hyperactive brain at night. One of the last series I enjoyed was House MD. I loved the art direction and lighting in Squid Games, as well as some or the writing. I used to enjoy Breaking Bad and Shameless until my messed up family members made those shows too close to home 🙈😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

I like rewatching Breaking Bad. Did anyone watch Better Call Saul? What did you think of it? At times I was worried with the direction it was taking but I felt overall they wrapped things up nicely. There were a couple mysteries left that I guess we will never have answers to. I know that Vince Gilligan goes in with a plan but is open to letting the characters develop organically as the actors flesh them out. As the story changed I think some ideas were abandon but the story that emerged was amazing. 😭 

7 minutes ago, Devi Thikk said:

I like rewatching Breaking Bad. Did anyone watch Better Call Saul? What did you think of it? At times I was worried with the direction it was taking but I felt overall they wrapped things up nicely. There were a couple mysteries left that I guess we will never have answers to. I know that Vince Gilligan goes in with a plan but is open to letting the characters develop organically as the actors flesh them out. As the story changed I think some ideas were abandon but the story that emerged was amazing. 😭 

I enjoyed both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul very much but, compared to the ending of Breaking Bad I was somewhat disappointed by the way Saul finished. The final few minutes didn't make a lot of sense to me. But I agree that the overall story was extremely well written.😊

• Curvage Model
20 minutes ago, Hotefatty said:

I enjoyed both Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul very much but, compared to the ending of Breaking Bad I was somewhat disappointed by the way Saul finished. The final few minutes didn't make a lot of sense to me. But I agree that the overall story was extremely well written.😊

The Better Call Saul ending wasn't nearly as intense as the Breaking Bad ending but I still liked it. Some of the significance of the last few minutes made more sense to me after the show was over and I thought about it a little more. I guess I can't talk too much about it because I don't want to post spoilers. 😝

19 minutes ago, Devi Thikk said:

The Better Call Saul ending wasn't nearly as intense as the Breaking Bad ending but I still liked it. Some of the significance of the last few minutes made more sense to me after the show was over and I thought about it a little more. I guess I can't talk too much about it because I don't want to post spoilers. 😝

Yes, agreed on the spoilers...but let's just suffice it to say that I understood WHAT they were trying to do at the end but even after thinking it over the WHY is a little lost on me given the impactful outcome for the one particular character.😊

• Curvage Model
5 hours ago, Devi Thikk said:

I appreciated the use of motifs and symbolism in Breaking Bad.The script was profound. For me it’s one of the best written and executed series I have seen so far. I will check out Better Call Saul.