The Covetous Priestess

Cyril Figgis

((Content warning: r*pe, dubcon))

It seems like eons ago when I first joined the Brotherhood of Light to better serve my people and gain a greater knowledge of the world.  The Brotherhood was a religious order that followed the teachings of St. Solaire and walked the noble path in life: providing a shield for the weak, health for the sick, and shelter for the cold.  I studied under a scholar whose name I can no longer recall, and my tasks for the first year were menial at most—hardly what one dreams of when promised they can change the world.  A sense of wanderlust filled my heart, and I wished to prove myself so that I might see the world beyond the walls of my hometown.

I finally got my chance the day that Sister Adora rode into the monastery.  To say that I had never seen a woman as radiant as her would be doing my lady a disservice; the sun and the stars combined could not match the light that emanated from her.  She was wispy thin, evident even through her billowing habit, and she carried herself with such grace that I thought her a nymph from legends.  Her fair skin shimmered in the light of day and illuminated the dark of night, and though she kept her hair covered by a coif at all times, I was blessed, however fleeting, to see her rosy red locks on occasion.

From the moment I first saw her atop her horse, I was enchanted by her.  It was as though she had cast a spell over me, for I could think of nothing else but her for the rest of the day—just thinking of her jade eyes falling on me made even the most thankless task pleasant.  I wanted so badly to meet her, to speak with her, but alas, I did not have the chance and I had to make do by visiting her in my dreams.  It shames me to admit that my dreams of her were lurid and drenched in sin, but if you could have seen her, you would not judge me unclean.

The following morning, we were called into the grand hall of the monastery by Abbot…I cannot recall his name these days, but I believe it was Matthias.  He called us all together and announced that Sister Adora had come to us in search of traveling companions for a quest to the land of Beruse that she might bring light to the dying kingdom.  Beruse was said to be the heart of the world, from which all life came; should it fall, it would not be long before all lands were buried in shadow.

Though I had never been more than a day’s travel from Winterholme, I had heard many tales of Beruse from those fortunate enough to return.  It was said to be a land of decay, where nothing truly lived—it only died slowly.  Grim-faced travelers described gruesome stories of abandoned villages with bodies piled up in the streets and wild beasts prowling market squares.  Horrid abominations lurked in the wilderness, from savage lycanthropes to shambling skeletons that did not belong to any natural creature.  Those that still lived in Beruse were either foreigners new to the land or the husks that used to be its denizens, corrupted into little more than decaying mockeries of the human body.

The mere mention of Beruse was enough to sour many in the monastery, but not I.  I knew in my heart that I was meant to accompany Sister Adora on her divine journey, for I would have followed her even to the ends of the earth.  While the others cast their heads down and turned away, I alone stepped forward and knelt before the fair priestess.

“My lady, though I am but a lowly novice, you have my aid in your quest,” I whispered, for fear that my voice should offend her.

When I dared to look up in her eyes, I was blessed with a twinkle in those emerald pools and a tap on my shoulder with her divination chimes.  She told me, “I thank you, good sir, and I shall endeavor to repay this kindness however I can.  May Persoris’s light bless you for your courage.”

I felt like I could melt away under her beaming gaze, but I maintained my composure as best I could.  As I knelt there, I was joined by two other brothers—Loris the Wise and Theo the Silent—and I will not deny that I felt some jealousy.  How dare they intrude on this moment between me and my lady?  Damned curs…I am glad that they are dead and rotting in the catacombs where they belong…

But I am getting ahead of myself.  Theo, a mute who could only communicate in hums and sighs, held out his mallet to her—the only way he could tell Sister Adora his intentions.  Loris, the silver-tongued prat, bowed his head and declared, “Fair Sister Adora, let us stand by your side.  Brother Theo shall be the shield that protects you, I shall be the spear that pierces your foes, and Brother Armand shall be…your light in the shadows.”

I shot him a withering glare and muttered a curse beneath my breath, but Sister Adora paid it no mind, if she heard it at all.  Rather, she sullied her chimes by touching the two and saying, “Your aid is much appreciated, sir.  To know that I am in such capable hands fills my heart with confidence.”

Though I was loathe to have them along, I reluctantly accepted that we would need Loris’s knowledge and Theo’s strength if we were to survive the harsh lands of Beruse.  If they had Sister Adora’s blessing, there was naught that I could do, for her word was as good as law.  The abbot gave a speech and led the others in a prayer for our well-being, though I paid little attention to their flowery words.  My full attention was saved for the Sister, who bowed her head in prayer and shimmered like a diamond in the sun.

That night, there was a feast to see us off, but I could barely eat.  I excused myself from the table and snuck off to Sister Adora’s chambers in order to spend some time in her presence.  With Loris and Theo accompanying us, I knew that I had to make a strong impression to ensure she had eyes only for me in our travels.

When I arrived, I knocked on her door and asked, “Sister Adora?  It is Brother Armand…may I come in?  I wished to speak of our quest.”

“Of course, Armand,” my lady answered, her voice as gentle as a zephyr.

I held back from throwing the door open and eased my way inside, where I found Sister Adora praying by the hearth.  Though she did not turn back to me, she said, “Forgive me…I was in the middle of my prayers.  I shall join you momentarily.”

It did not matter if I had to sit for a moment or an eternity; she had said I could join her, and that meant more than the world.  I sat patiently at a small side table as she recited her prayers—some I was familiar with, others which were foreign to me.  Finally, when she finished, she rose to her feet and all but floated over to the table, where I passed her a plate I had gathered for her.

“Oh, thank you, Armand, but I am afraid I must pass,” Sister Adora apologized.  “I do not have the, shall we say, stomach for this.”

My heart sank, for fear that my lady was ill.  I asked, “Are you unwell, Sister?  Shall I fetch a cleric?  Whatever your affliction, I am sure we can cure it.”

She offered me a sad smile as she explained, “I am afraid there is no spell or potion that can heal my condition, good sir.  You see, I am afflicted by the Death’s Mark, which means that I forever straddle the line between life and death, and no force can truly kill me.  It is because of this mark that I must venture to Beruse, for if there is anyone that can survive that unforgiving land, it is I.”

I had heard of the Death’s Mark before, but only in passing.  It was a curse that plagued a few in the world, and most who were afflicted with it lost their sanity and became monstrous criminals that raped, pillaged, and committed countless other atrocities.  For such a plight to befall one as glorious as Sister Adora though…that is too cruel a fate.  I was already resolute in my mission, but knowing that my lady bore the Death’s Mark only hardened my heart.

“Forgive my ignorance, but how does that keep you from eating, Sister?” I asked in my naivety.

“I certainly could eat, but regardless of what I consume, it all tastes like ash,” Sister Adora murmured.  She tried to hide it, but I could see her look longingly at my plate of pheasant and potatoes, a dish that I had many a time but now considered myself lucky to be able to enjoy.  “I could drink sewer water or rich wine, and it would be no different for me.  There is only one thing that can sustain me, loathe as I am to admit it.”

She gestured to a satchel that sat by her bed and asked, “Would you kindly hand me my bag?”

I had it before she finished her question and passed it to her with all the care of a sacred relic.  She reached inside and pulled out a bottle, inside of which was a white, wispy cloud.  The fair priestess explained, “This is all I can consume—the only thing which truly nourishes me.  It is a lost soul, trapped in this world and unable to truly pass on to the next.  Though it sickens me, I must consume these in order to keep going.”

Sister Adora uncorked the bottle and breathed in deep, drawing the cloudy soul from within and inhaling it like smoke.  When the bottle was empty, she let out a long sigh that was both satisfied and melancholic, and she looked to me with such sad eyes that I feared I might weep.  “It is a truly horrid thing, but it is what I must do to carry on.  I hope that you do not think any less of me?”

“My lady, I could never think anything but the best,” I assured her, taking her hand in mine in a moment of rashness.  “I care not if you are undead—all that matters is seeing your sacred duty through so you might be relieved of this curse.  I promise that I shall follow you to the darkest depths, the highest peaks, and the most desolate wastelands.  In the name of Saint Solaire, I swear this.”

There was a pregnant pause in the air after my bold declaration, and as it lingered, I realized my folly.  I quickly withdrew my hand and apologized, “Forgive my boldness, Sister Adora.  That was perhaps too forward of me.”

“It is quite all right, Armand,” she replied softly.  “You speak with the heart of a true follower, and I could ask for no one better in my travels.  Should we complete our sacred mission, I swear that you shall be rewarded for your efforts.”

To be by her side would be reward enough, but I knew I had overstepped my boundaries.  I rose from the table and bowed to her once more, saying, “Thank you, my lady.  I shall my take my leave so that we might both be rested by tomorrow.”

My fair lady bowed in return and told me, “Good night, Armand.  Let us both pray for safe travels and good health for us and our companions.”

I would do that, though I left out Loris and Theo from my prayers; it was not like they deserved it, after all.  Looking back, that might be when our misfortunes began, for the gods do not take lightly to those who break their promises…

It did not take us long to realize that every horrific story we had heard about Beruse was true—and, if anything, worse than was told.  We were there for a fortnight before we found a living soul, and even then, the poor fellow was half-dead and could barely move.  Sister Adora said a prayer for him and Theo put the man out of his misery, but that was the only act of compassion we could offer in those days.  All other life had been fouled and corrupted, with the dead shambling through the streets in rags and attacking anything in sight.  Our world had become a nightmare from which there seemed no waking, and I am not ashamed to admit that I thought of fleeing for the comfort of Winterholme.

Of course, I could never abandon my lady, who needed my protection now more than ever.  It was clear that the rampant despair in Beruse wore on her spirit, even if she did her very best to hide it.  Sister Adora remained stoic in the face of the grim land, her mind focused solely on her sacred duty, but I knew that she struggled to carry on.  However, it was not until a month had passed that I noticed something else wrong with her.

“Are you unwell, Sister?” I asked one day as Loris and Theo scouted ahead to see if there was any life in a burgh.  “Was it those rotted brigands we came across earlier?”

“No, sweet Armand,” Sister Adora murmured as she wrapped her arms around herself and winced.  Before I could ask again, I heard a terrible growl and picked up my mace to fend off whatever beast dared to stalk our camp.  When I found there was no beast, I glanced back down at my lady and found she had turned a fine pink.

“My lady, was…was that you?”

She bit her lip in embarrassment and nodded.  “Forgive me.  I have run out of the prepared souls that I brought with me, and I have gone without for the last few days.  I did not think that it would leave me so weak, but I have been famished for quite some time.”

Oh, what a fool I was, to not notice my goddess had been starving herself!  I could have flogged myself for my ignorance, but the more pressing matter was finding a way for Sister Adora to sustain herself.  We had not been without since venturing into Beruse, for there were countless lost souls floating around the wasteland, all ripe for the taking.

“If you are in need of souls, Sister Adora, I would be more than happy to hunt for some nearby,” I offered, only for her to wave it off.

“You are kind, Armand, but I must decline,” she apologized.  “The souls that I brought with me were all consecrated—blessed so that any sins they had in life were purged.  I cannot say the same for the souls we might find here, and I lack the technique to consecrate them.”

“Whatever sins they might carry, I am sure that they would burn in the flames of your purity, my lady,” I was quick to reply.  “Please, for your sake and the sake of our mission, you must eat.  Let me find you some souls nearby so you might be satiated.”

This was the only time I ever went against Sister Adora, for though she protested, I knew that she would not last much longer if she did not eat.  I waited until Loris and Theo had returned from their scouting, to make sure she was looked after, and then I ventured out of the ruins where we made camp in search of lost souls.  Sure enough, I found a few whisps floating aimlessly, like dandelion seeds drifting in the breeze, and I bottled them as if they were fireflies.  Some were big, some were small, but what mattered most was that I had enough to tide over my lady’s hunger.

When I got back to camp, I found that my unwanted companions were eating while Sister Adora patiently received Loris’s report.  The sly devil was sat close to my lady and prattled on and on, telling her more about himself than anything about the burgh ahead.  It was only when I announced my presence with a cough that they turned to me, and I swear that I caught a glimpse of relief in the fair sister’s eyes as I walked into camp.

“Good tidings, Armand!” Loris cheered.  “How went your search?  Find anything of use?”

“Mostly lost souls, I’m afraid,” I replied, my disdain covered with a veneer of friendship.  “I found several floating about nearby—perhaps there was some sort of battle here at some point.  I thought that our lady might wish to bless them and send them off.”

I showed my satchel to Sister Adora, and her eyes went wide when she saw how many jars and bottles I had filled with wispy souls.  She accepted the bag from me with a curt nod and gave me a heart-melting smile as she said, “Thank you, Armand.  I shall tend to these poor souls and ensure that they are sent to the hereafter in peace.”

That night, as I took first watch, I chanced a peek into Sister Adora’s tent to see what she had done with the souls I collected.  I was delighted to find that there were already three empty bottles, and she was inhaling the contents of a fourth.  She already looked healthier, with a rosy tint to her cheeks and curls in her hair, but there was something else about her that I could not put my finger on then.  As she swallowed up the soul of some poor sod, she looked like she was enjoying herself—like a child given a bowl of sweets or a drunkard with a full keg of ale. 

I had never seen her so contented in the time I had known her!  After starving herself, those souls must have been like manna from the heavens to her—and if that was the case, she would need plenty more to keep her going.  If souls made her that happy, then I would gather as many as she wanted whenever she desired.  I was so sure of my lady’s purity that I was certain it did not matter what souls I collected, so long as they were substantial…

A month had passed and the more we saw of Beruse, the more we realized how deep the corruption had become.  It was as if the very earth itself had become fouled, for even the plants would at times attack us if we were not careful.  We came across insects the size of dogs and dogs the size of men, all of whom were ravenous and thirsting for blood—our blood.  Loris and Theo were strongest and able to dispatch most threats, but I was a quick learner and became quite adept at combat.  Whenever we were injured, our sweet Sister Adora would be quick to heal us and purge any poison that found its way into our veins, and she did it with a smile.

“There we are,” she hummed after cleansing a stab wound I had received.  “All better.”

I blushed like a schoolboy under her beaming smile, as though I had not seen it a hundred times by then.  The steady diet of souls was doing wonders for Sister Adora, for she looked fuller by the day, even healthier than when she first showed up at our monastery.  Dimples had formed in her cherubic cheeks, and a collar of tender pudge ran around her neck.  Though she was still clad in her holy robes, I could tell that they were tighter around her frame, such that I could see them pinching around her hips.  It all gave her a matronly appearance—no, that does not do her justice.  My lady looked like a divine mother: angelic, life-giving, and glowing.

It was good that she was so radiant, for the only thing that kept us going some days was Sister Adora’s charm.  She became more open, often joining myself and the louts for meals, though she still did not partake of them.  We were blessed with her smile and laughter far more often, which eased our weary souls despite our grim mission.  While the world around us grew darker and more disturbed, she only seemed to grow stronger, as though she devoured the evil with her very presence.

Of course, only I knew just what my lady actually ate.  I continued my secret mission of harvesting lost souls wherever they might have been, which became more and more common the deeper we ventured through Beruse.  The corruption that plagued the land had taken countless lives, and perhaps I should have felt sorrow for the fallen, but I felt nothing for them—they were merely sustenance for Sister Adora.  And since she required more souls as we traveled, they became as meaningless to me as berries from a bush.

But to see her eat them, you would think they were manna from the heavens, for Sister Adora eagerly supped on all souls I brought her.  What had once been a begrudging task was now something to look forward to, and to see her eyes sparkle, you would think I had gotten her the finest jewels.  I even caught her licking her rosy lips like a dog’s chops, but she caught me staring and turned a fine pink in embarrassment.  She was changing, sure, but she was still as innocent and pure as new snow.

The same could not be said for my detested companions, who only grew more unbearable as the days went by.  Loris was considered wise when we were back at the monastery, but in the field, I found him to be despicably cunning.  He cared not for whatever beings we came across, living or dead—he stealthily slay them or strip them of any valuables they carried.  I never cared for that cocksure smirk of his, as sure a sign as any that he looked down his nose at me, and his patronizing tone as he explained the world around us stoked the flames of indignity in my chest.

And for a mute, Theo’s actions spoke volumes of his character—and each volume was more retched than the last.  I would often catch him sidling up close to my lady, gazing at her with the same lusty eyes as a dog in heat, and it took all my strength to not bash his head in on the spot.  If he was not standing by Sister Adora, he would walk behind her, which was a poor place for a shield to be but gave him the perfect view of her full tail.  He tried to come off as a gentle giant, but I knew that he was little more than a common degenerate.

Sister Adora was too kind to them, blissfully unaware of their lecherous, devious natures, which meant that I had to be ever vigilant.  I would not allow to bring harm to my lady, so fair, cherubic, and full of joy, so I kept a close eye on them to make sure they never laid one errant finger on her.  I stuck to them like flies to a corpse, one hand always near my mace should they so much as smile at her perversely, and while I can say that I was successful in my observance, I did not realize they were watching me in turn.

We had made our way into the ruins of a fort hidden deep in an overgrown grove and made camp where we might be safe from the elements.  Loris, Theo, and I could have continued onward, but poor Sister Adora was red as a beet by the time we reached the ruins and could walk no further.  Her endurance had suffered as she grew and her stamina diminished with each passing day, but she tried to carry on as best she could.  Not that she needed to worry about walking, for I would carry her or build a cart if need be.

“Oh, gentle fellows, let us stop here for the night,” Sister Adora puffed as she sat her softened rump on a fallen pillar.  “I feel as though we’ve crossed a hundred leagues today.”

“Twice that much, my lady,” Loris chuckled, knowing that we had gone a few at most.  “Why not rest while we three gather supplies?”

Sister Adora, ever modest, blushed and answered, “I hate to trouble you so, but I shall light a bonfire for when you return.”

I ventured out with Loris and Theo supposedly in the name of gathering food, firewood, and anything else we could scavenge, but I had a different plan in mind.  My lady’s store of souls was almost depleted, and I needed to find more for her to sup on so she could keep her strength.  As she grew, so too did her appetite, and I wondered if the meager souls she consumed when we first met would even tide her over anymore.  It was a question for the future though, for I needed to be on attention at all times in the wild land of Beruse—even from my own comrades.

It was as I gathered the soul off a rotting bishop that I heard Loris’s snide voice behind me, taunting, “Well, well, looks like we have us a little grave robber, Theo.”

I wheeled around to find the two cads glowering at me and I froze even as I had the dead man’s soul in a bottle.  A thousand thoughts ran through my mind at once, like fighting my way out or lying to them, but I knew I had no chance at any of them.  Instead, I merely muttered, “What?”

“Theo, hold him for me,” Loris commanded his mute companion, who was on me before I knew it and pinned me against a tree with one arm.  I gasped for air and tried to pull his arm away from my throat, but Theo was not our shield for nothing—moving him was like trying to move an ox.

As I struggled against my captor, Loris picked up the trapped soul and glanced over it with an appraising stare.  He showed it to me and asked, “Whatever were you doing with this, Armand?  Were you thinking of trying your hand at necromancy?  Going to sell it to some ghoul?  Or perhaps you were going to give it to Sister Adora?”

I shook my head in a vain attempt to lie, but Loris was far too crafty for that.  He swaggered up to me and prodded me in the chest with the bottle as he continued, “It’s the sister, right?  It has to be—how else could she have fattened up as much as she has when she doesn’t eat anything?  I’m sure you thought you were being clever, but no one is cleverer than me—least of all a novice like you, Armand.  That means that she’s marked: if she doesn’t eat souls, she’ll wither away to nothing; a sad fate, but perhaps not nearly as sad as plumping up like a holiday goose.”

“How dare you—” I grunted before Theo slammed his massive fist into my stomach and knocked the air from my chest.

“Hush, Armand,” Loris chuckled as he watched me squirm.  “There is no denying that Adora has grown soft and flabby these last few weeks; anyone with eyes could see as much.  But to think that it was all on account of these wispy little things…how curious.”

My fury only grew as that silver-tongued rogue insulted my lady, and I resumed my struggle, only for Theo to strike me again.  I could do nothing to combat his mammoth strength; it was all I could do to breathe while he pinned me by the throat.  They could do whatever they liked to me, but these indiscretions would not stand.

“No wonder she seems to favor you most of all,” Loris remarked after pocketing the soul.  “Tell me, what does she reward you with when you bring her a soul?  Has she blessed you yet with her maidenhood?  Or perhaps she’s given your cock a good squeeze?  A hog like her probably enjoys a good sausage, I imagine.”

Theo grunted in reply, but the mute bastard had a leery grin on his cheeks.  Loris waltzed up to us and prodded me in the gut with his saber as he told me, “Whatever it is you’re getting from Adora, I want some too; Theo and I have worked to the bone to keep that sow safe, and we deserve a little reward.  From now on, any souls you find are going to the two of us so we can have some fun with the priestess, while you…you’ll get to watch if you’re a good boy.”

I felt my blood boiling just under the skin at his taunts, and though I could do not escape from Theo’s grasp, I would tolerate his jests no more.  With nothing else to do, I spat in Loris’s eye and snarled like a mad dog in a futile attempt to intimidate him.  The spittle struck a nerve with him, and then it struck me, as he slapped me across the face with the back of his hand before prodding me in the gut with the tip of his blade.

“Listen, you sorry little pissant,” the sneering cad growled, “you’re only here because you want to fuck that divine tart just as much as we do—problem is, you’re as worthless as curdled milk.  I would just as soon kill you and leave you for the buzzards, but I’m willing to play nice for the time being so Adora’s none the wiser.  If you ever try anything like that again, I won’t hesitate to gut you like a fish.  Do you understand, Armand?”

If it was only myself on the line, I would have gladly died in defiance to these two, but I could not let them kill me as yet—not while my goddess was still within their sights.  I had no chance to deal with them like this, between Loris’s cunning and Theo’s strength; I would need to bide my time and wait for the chance to do them in.  With heavy heart, I bowed my head to my captors and wheezed out a pitiful, “I understand.”

“Good,” Loris jeered before nodding to Theo, who released me and left me gasping for air.  They were not done humiliating me yet though, as Loris kicked me in the stomach and spat on my face.  “Miserable little shit.  Be grateful the cow likes you, or else you’d have died a long time ago.”

Yes, Loris, say whatever you want.  Kick me, spit on me, stab me if you must; it does not change anything.  You are crafty and Theo is a mighty cunt, but I have the righteous power of Saint Solaire on my side, and he will not allow the innocent to be tarnished so.  I had my revenge in the catacombs, and the only regret I have is that I was not able to dance on your bones when I had the chance…

Though I had naught but revenge on my mind, I had to be patient and bide my time until my hateful companions dropped their guard.  They kept a close eye on me for some time, but as their attention waned, I took the chance to better myself by hardening my body and mind.  I pilfered stronger weapons and armor, studied all the mystical tomes we carried, and trained while they were otherwise occupied.  It was not long before I saw an improvement, but my strengthening came at the cost of letting these plunderers invade the sanctity of my lady.

When Loris first returned to camp with the soul I had claimed for her, he presented it to Sister Adora and asked her for a kiss.  He assured her, “Just a chaste kiss, fair Adora, to brighten my spirit in these dismal lands; if you could but give me that kindness, I will ask for no more.”

“W-Well, if it will ease your mind,” that gentle goddess acquiesced, though her heart was not in it.  I could tell by the look in her eye that she was focused solely on that flickering soul in a bottle, and were it not for that prize, she would never have agreed.

Their kiss lasted but a fleeting instant, but I felt my heart crumble as I watched them and it was all I could do to not retch at the sight.  I assured myself that vengeance would come soon and swiftly, but my hands still itched to wrap around Loris’s throat.  That damned beast would suffer for fouling my lady’s mouth with his lips…but I am getting ahead of myself.

The following day, Theo gave Sister Adora another plundered soul and asked—in his own way— for a kiss of his own, which I am displeased to say she returned.  They continued to ask for kisses whenever they returned with ill-gotten souls, and while I am sure that my lady would have rejected them normally, the need to feed was strong.  She graced them with her affection when they brought my souls to her, her glee for the sustenance growing with each meal so that she was all but salivating for them within a fortnight.

Her desire for souls was not the only thing growing about my divine lady, for her body swelled like rising bread day by day.  The sacred garbs she had arrived in had become tight around her girth, making her feminine curves all the more apparent to my delight.  Her breasts—full, plump, and almost as big as her head—quivered about in their silken confines and caused her to bow ever so slightly when she walked.  Soft hips made themselves known with each new day, swaying and bouncing to a hypnotic melody that left me entranced.  Even her belly was a sight to behold, straining against her gowns as though she was with child; the fact that she would rub it after feeding only added to the illusion.

While the changes in her body were more than welcome, I fear that Sister Adora was succumbing to the corruptive natures of Loris and Theo.  With her growth in form and hunger came a wicked addiction to the souls, such that the spirits that used to sustain her became little more than snacks as the days dragged on.  She requested more potent souls—souls of knights and warriors rather than commoners—though these requests became demands as her appetite grew.  I would have happily given her whatever she wanted for nothing in return, but my companions were not so generous.

They knew that they had Sister Adora wrapped around their slimy fingers, and there was no depth they would not stoop to please themselves.  What started out as a chaste kiss soon became more lurid as they invaded her mouth with their tongues, then they asked if they might hold her buttocks while they kissed, and then her breasts when she became even more wanting.  My poor lady was so taken with hunger that there was nothing she would not do in order to appease her appetite, and I feared for her purity in the face of those two wolves.  Still, I did not feel I was capable of stopping Loris and Theo, so I watched and waited for my chance to strike back at them.

My fears came to a head half a year into our trek through Beruse and we made camp in an ancient library after slaying the undead residents therein.  I found that there were a few elevators throughout the building, which would serve my lady well; as her stamina fell, stairs became a greater challenge than felling a foul demon.  With that knowledge, I ventured back to camp to let Sister Adora know about the elevators, but the study we had secured for ourselves was empty save for our supplies.  My heart sank as I feared the worst, but the fact that there were no signs of a struggle left me puzzled as well.  It was only when I followed a series of muffled moans from an adjacent room that I deduced where my companions were, though my heart still quivered in fear.

I was right to be afraid, for the scene that unfolded as I stared through a crack in the door was the most lurid, filthiest, and reprehensible act I had ever seen.  Standing in the center of the room was Loris and Theo, while Sister Adora knelt between them—stripped of her clothing while those two devils had cast their trousers aside.  Though I could see that the bastards were erect, my attention was focused solely on my lady as her flabby flesh lay bare for mine and Persoris to see.  Her skin was pale and pristine like freshly fallen snow, little dimples speckled her pillowy thighs, and her teats were red as cherries, fresh from the bush.  It was wretched enough that these two fiends should have Sister Adora in such a state, but that was the least of their depraved acts.

One of them had placed some sort of harness on her head and face so that her nostrils were pulled up, making her nose look more like a pig’s snout.  They laughed at her as they circled her like wolves, but she paid them no mind—all her attention was focused on a large soul that I had collected from a fallen executioner.  She stared at it like a dog might gaze longingly at a hunk of beef, hoping and praying its master will throw even a scrap its way.  Her bulbous rump shook as though she were wagging her tail, and her tongue lolled out of her mouth like a hungry beast.  There was none of the dignified and proud priestess that had come to visit our monastery…only a delirious hunger.

“Look at you, you fat little tart,” Loris taunted her as he circled around to her face.  “Where is that air of superiority now?  Still think you’re too good to talk to us?”

“Squee!” Sister Adora snorted like a sow.

That damned fox laughed and cupped her three chins in his hand, growling, “You’re the one that got us in this hellhole when I could be nice and cozy in Winterholme, sneaking out to get a taste of the local whores whenever I get the craving.  Poor Theo and I haven’t seen any good woman for months—at least, not ones that still moved.  You owe us for that, you useless sack of lard, and no amount of kissing or groping you through your robes will do.”

Sister Adora panted, “What…what do you want of me, Master Loris?”

“You know what I want,” Loris hissed before standing to full height and slapping her cheek with his cock.  “You’re a pig, aren’t you?  And pigs love to eat, don’t they?  So eat up, butterball, if you want this soul in that flabby gut of yours.”

What happened next still fills me with bitter bile at the mere thought.  Sister Adora eagerly took Loris’s manhood in her mouth and suckled on it like a lollipop while Theo grabbed thick rolls of fat around her waist.  So strong was he and so soft was she that he left marks all across her alabaster skin, tarnishing my lady’s girth with bruises and reddened patches, but that was not enough for the brute.  He hefted her up by the waist and penetrated her chaste lips with his equinesque member, grunting like the ape he was and squeezing Sister Adora so tight that I feared he would rip her apart.

The two fiends laughed like devils whenever they were not snorting like beasts, and though they taunted that fair goddess, I was too deaf with rage to hear them.  Instead, I focused only on my lady as her eyes rolled back in her head and she squealed like a sow in heat—so unlike the immaculate woman that rode into Winterholme so many months prior.  There are not words to describe exactly how I felt as the torrid tableau unfolded in front of me—repulsed, horrified, and appalled to name a scant few—but that was not the most concerning to me.  No, that belonged to the lust that built in my chest even as I watched the fair Sister Adora be violated like some common whore.

Was it the pendulous sway of her breasts as they slapped against her chest with each of Theo’s powerful thrusts?  Was it the way her entire body, so plump and overfed, quivered and rippled in time with her captors?  Was it the way her eyes, so often full of light, grew hazy as the cloud of lust and passion overtook her mind?  I cannot say for sure, but I know that it was too much for even her most faithful servant to endure and I am ashamed to say that I pleasured myself to the sight of that wondrous woman’s defilement.  Gods help me, how could I not?

The act seemed to carry on forever: Loris would switch with Theo whenever one tired of the hole he was filling, and they turned Sister Adora about like a spitted pig.  By the time they tired, my lady was covered in their festering seed and darkening bruises, but they still left her naked and splayed out on the floor like garbage.  I feared for a moment that she might be dead, and it was only through the slight expansion of her middle that I knew she still breathed.

Loris set the jar with the soul beside her and chuckled, “Faith, but that felt good.  I had forgotten what a good fuck could do for the spirit; I feel that I might sleep for a week.”

Theo grunted in return, as he always did, and lumbered his way to the door across the room.  He stepped over Sister Adora without so much as a passing glance, as if he had not just filled her to bursting with his juices.

“I’ll meet you down at the creek for a quick wash,” Loris told his fellow bastard before turning back to Sister Adora and smirking with mirthless glee.  He nudged her in the belly with the toe of his boot and hissed, “What do you say, pig?”

“Th…thunk ya,” my lady gurgled, her normally melodic voice thick and ragged after being abused so.  “Muster…soul…”

“Relax, Sister Lardora, it’ll still be here when you can move,” the dastard cackled as he moved the jar just out of reach.  “When you can crawl, go clean yourself up: you smell like a brothel; quite unbecoming of a daughter of Persoris.”

When I was sure that Loris was gone, I dashed into the room and knelt beside Sister Adora as she lay gasping for air.  I handled her as gingerly as a newborn chick and tore away a piece of my cloak so I might clean some of the grime from her face.  Despite everything, it was still my lady, and even through the hurt and filth, I could see her brilliance.

“Sister Adora, forgive me,” I whispered as I worked.  “I swore to stand by your side, yet I did nothing to stop those monsters.  By Saint Solaire, I shall strike them down ere the day is done and the wretched beasts of this land shall pick the tainted meat from their bones.”

While I continued my ministrations, I saw the life return to Sister Adora’s eyes, and my heart filled with hope once more as she looked to me with recognition.  Her plump lips quivered for a moment before she groaned, “Armand?”

“Yes, yes, I am here, my lady,” I replied, my hand cupping her plush cheek.

“The soul…I need it,” she begged in a raspy whimper.

I did not hesitate to snatch up the jar and tipped it to Sister Adora’s lips, where she drank deep and filled her bosom with the wispy spirit.  She drank as though she had been in the desert and came within a hair’s breadth of death by thirst, but I could see the color return to her body with each gulp.  By the time she finished, the bruises had faded from her fair skin and her deathly pallor gave way to a pristine glow that only gave me further proof of her divinity.

When at last the soul was drained and she had her fill, Sister Adora pushed herself up into a seated position, though she still leaned on me for support.  I froze like a statue when I felt her soft, pillowy body press against me—her abundant, supple flesh enveloping my arm as she held it.  My mind was already frayed from the hellish scene that played out mere moments before, and while the touch of that angelic woman should have soothed me, it only served to unravel my mind more.

We sat there in silence, she and I, for what seemed an eternity, before I dared to speak once more.  I cleared my throat and began to say, “Sister Adora, I—”

“Do you know much about the doctrines of Persoris, Armand?” she asked before the words left my mouth.  “You are well learned in the teachings of St. Solaire, but I am curious to see how much you know of my own god?”

“Oh, not much more than what you’ve taught me,” I answered truthfully.

My lady shifted against me as she continued, “Persoris is a kind and loving goddess—the divine mother who grants us all life.  She bestows unto her followers great gifts, from the art of healing to mastery over light itself, and her mercy has seen many a nation blessed with abundance.  There is no room for hate or violence in her eyes…only mercy and compassion.”

I was puzzled as to where she was going, but she explained further, “I took a vow ages ago to always walk in Persoris’s light, and thus, I shall never raise a hand in anger—or retribution.  But your St. Solaire, as I understand, was a righteous man who challenged the forces of darkness.  Then I ask you this: what would he do with two vile rapists?”

When I looked into her eyes again, I saw something new there…something cold, hard, and dark, like ice.  The words were caught in my throat for a moment before I answered, “Any son of Solaire would strike them down with wrathful judgment, my lady.  They deserve no less.”

“Then I ask this of you, dear Armand,” Sister Adora whispered as she grabbed my arm and held it so tight that I thought she might break it.  “Nay, I beg you…kill them.  Kill them so that even their souls go to the depths in tatters.”

It was shocking to hear my lady make such a plea, but I did not hesitate to agree.  Was this not what I had been plotting on my own for so long?  At least now, when I did the act, I would not need to ask for forgiveness in the eyes of Solaire.

“It shall be done, Sister Adora,” I answered as I held her plump hand in mine, stroking where her thick fingers had been scraped by the floor.  “As a son of St. Solaire, it is my solemn duty to purge evil from this world; I shall banish them where not even Persoris’s light may reach them.”

She nodded before resting her head on my shoulder and letting out a world-weary sigh.  “Thank you, good sir.  I do not say it enough, Armand, but I never could have gone this far without you and your kindness—Persoris chose right when she sent me to your monastery.”

“Are you sure?  Kindness, I can offer in spades, but I am not as accomplished as others,” I replied, too taken by her words to be boastful.

“Have faith in your abilities, Armand—I know I do,” Sister Adora told me, silencing the doubts that plagued my mind.  “Now, let me rest for a moment, and then we can plot our next course.”

Before I could respond, her belly rumbled and her cheeks turned a fine pink.  The harshness that had come over my lady passed, leaving the modest priestess I knew and adored asking, “Oh, and do you happen to have any other souls?”

My story ends here for the time.  After that fateful day, I lured Loris and Theo down into the catacombs beneath the library and left them to die at the hands of the beasts that plagued it.  Theo went toppling over a cliff and fell into a deep chasm, and I bashed Loris’s skull in with my mace when he tried to strike me down.  When I told Sister Adora of what happened, she took no joy from it but I could see that a great weight had been lifted from her mind.  I know I shall sleep easier knowing that we are safe from at least two monsters in this world.

We shall leave the library soon in search of Femith, the capital of Beruse and where it is said that the world’s soul can be found.  The road will be long and fraught with danger as we tread where few have gone before, but so long as my lady still stands, I will follow her to the end of the world.  Whatever she needs—a shield to defend, a shoulder for comfort, or souls for sustenance—I remain her ever faithful servant.