⚠️ Why you should never buy a clip directly from a model

S77
Message added by S77

⚠️⚠️  IMPORTANT NOTICE! ⚠️⚠️

This is the extent of support Curvage can offer for off-platform transactions. Our responsibility does not extend to private dealings between members and models.

Caution: Engaging in transactions outside the Curvage Clip Store exposes you to risks, including scams. We cannot intervene or offer recourse for disputes arising from such activities.

For your safety and peace of mind, we strongly advise making all purchases through our Clip Store. This ensures transaction security and supports our community standards.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

The Curvage Team

Thank you :)

Hi

It's important to always buy clips from the Curvage Clip store and never directly from  a model.

⚠️DO NOT BUY CLIPS (or anything else) DIRECTLY FROM A MODEL 

finger wag no GIF by Originals\

Don't pay for custom clips, don't buy their snap chat, don't send them money using Paypal. ETC..

Please be advised that the guidance provided herein constitutes the full extent of assistance Curvage can offer concerning transactions made outside our Clip Store.

Limitation of Responsibility:

Curvage expressly disclaims any responsibility for transactions conducted privately between members and models. Should you opt to bypass this cautionary advice and engage in direct dealings, please understand that Curvage will not be liable for any resulting disputes or losses.

We strongly encourage all members to conduct their purchases through the Curvage Clip Store. This approach not only ensures the security of your transactions but also supports our community's integrity by safeguarding against potential scams.

Conclusion:

Choosing to ignore this warning and then facing adverse outcomes from private agreements will leave Curvage unable to provide recourse or mediate. Our platform is designed to offer a secure and trusted environment for all transactions, and we urge you to utilize this to your advantage.

For a safe and positive experience, we kindly remind you to adhere to our recommended practices for all transactions.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Here is an example complaint we received recently.

Just to let you know, one of your curvage models on here is a
 possible scammer. The user “*” offered to do me custom
 content on two occasions and failed to deliver either of them. Their
attempt to make this up was to offer me free videos that was uploaded
on your site which I wasn’t interested in. I am owed approximately
$50 which was promised to be paid back to me today, however I have
been blocked everywhere. I gave her $80 in total, the $50 figure I’m
 owed is taken from the videos I was given for free.

We can assure you that you will never be ripped off if you buy your clips from the clips store. We approve all clips before opening them up for sale in the store.

Just a little FYI

• 3 weeks later...

Please stop buying clips directly from models. This isn't good for anyone.

Here is another example. (They keep coming in)

Hey there,

So I recently contacted * to do a custom video. I paid her through paypal. She sent me the video last night and... well the video wasn't even close to what I asked for... in many ways it was the opposite. The video was so bad in fact during the video she even says "I hope you can see this" because she was filming with a window behind her, thus making her black. Anyways - I immediately ask for a refund as she did nothing  I requested. She then notified me she spent the money (in a day).  Obviously, you guys can't make her refund me which is why I contacted paypal.   However, every single thing she said made me think that she was young as well (maybe to young) - she then posted the video and lied about the resolution and gave it a different description - clearly realizing that it didn't match what I asked for. As well - the resolution she posted is completely wrong ... leading me to believe, based on stuff shes said, none of her work is probably the correct resolution. I've commissioned 100's of videos and I gotta be honest this is probably the worst experience. She didn't try to make things better and she seems to acknowledge that she fucked me over? I just don't know if you guys really want this kind of model on your site? 

Any help preventing this from happening to other people would be great. 

So do you have a custom request system in place on curvage clips to get a custom created because I havent seen anything like that. I mean buying clips already made is fine sometimes, but other times, Id like to see things I specifically wanna see instead of just settling on a vid already made. Also, I think it would be a huge improvement to set up a "cart" or wishlist option so people who want to buy multiple clips can do so at once or save clips for future purchases that they can buy easily later

Some great ideas there. One of the great things about Curvage is that you can outright provide ideas or feedback to the models 

usually if you tell them what you want to see they will put a clip in the store and make it happen 

We may build a 1:1 purchase system someday. We also have some other ideas in the works

however until then it’s always best to make purchases through the store and not on the side. Sides deals cause problems for all parties involved 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

lol don't feed the models, I find that funny.  Though I do see the taboo some make about mentioning other sites here; hope I don't break any rules in my post. 

You assume the risk, especially if she doesn't have everything in order.  I remember a woman was lazy to charge $20/month and would upload 1 daily pic with a 10 second weekly video at most on onlyfans.  She of course fought with me rather than improve her content when I called her out on it given that's sample material on other sites.

I don't know if this site will have a means for making custom, private, and paid subscriptions though I know the entitlement like in these 2 cases got me out of wanting to buy.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:15 PM, lolz123 said:

This isn't good for anyone? Because you guys don't get a share? 

If you think we are out for profit then you’re totally new around here. We offer high payout to the models and more unlimited free services to you the customer than anyone. 

The point is that it’s bad to buy clips directly because you might get burned on the deal. We help to protect your transaction by approving quality clips before any funds exchange hands. 

We get messages all the time about folks getting burned and then they harass, bad mouth and ultimately scare the models away.

“bad for everyone.”

• The customer loses
  • The model loses. 
  • The community loses (no more content)

Didn’t think I had to spell it out like this but hopefully this helps. 

Locking thread 

• S77 locked this topic
  • 1 year later...

So many examples, WE will just put another one here as a reminder.

To whom it may concern,

I paid to receive a custom video from **MODEL** , some time back in February to which she accepted. A week or so following, she declined my request and told me she would refund me. For months, I have asked that I be refunded to no avail. Several members with whom I'd spoken also have voiced concern about her conducting business. If possible, I would like to prevent others from being scammed in the future and an investigation to be opened up on the matter. Please feel free to contact me regarding this situation. Thank you.

-CUSTOMER

The only way to be safe is to purchase through the store.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the first video from ---, she uses --- now.  Individual requests are $100 and 2 requests are $170.  We've talked about it and she didn't reply when I last said when I'm getting the video.  She said the request was made on her --- account, which I used to get the first video that  I paid for.  She claims that she didn't know about the second request, I already paid her $170.  She then asks for an additional $70 and then she would make the video and send it.  I told her that I'm not paying more, since I already paid to get 2 more videos.  I want her to put the $170 back into my Pay Pal account for videos that I did not receive.  Would she get a warning for this?  She mainly uses ---- now.  I saw she logged in on ----- on Friday was the last time.

When are people going to learn??

I swear some folks must like getting burned.

STOP DOING THIS

• 11 months later...

Admin team,

I paid a user on this site $100 CAD to shoot a custom for me, with discussions starting on curvage pms and moving to instagram. The conversation has gotten to the point where the user has disappeared. I'm not looking to curvage to get my money back, but I wanted to warn other users to not approach them for customs and hopefully see their profile taken down so that people can be safe using the Curvage platform. I'm perfectly willing to show all logs if necessary. The user is ****

I do want to mention that I fully respect the work that people do on this site, and that my conversations will reflect that I am courteous and respectful in all of my interactions. This truly feels like a blatant abuse of trust by the user, hence my post.

Appreciate any direction or reply,

kd

1 hour ago, kdaaron said:

Admin team,

I paid a user on this site $100 CAD to shoot a custom for me, with discussions starting on curvage pms and moving to instagram. The conversation has gotten to the point where the user has disappeared. I'm not looking to curvage to get my money back, but I wanted to warn other users to not approach them for customs and hopefully see their profile taken down so that people can be safe using the Curvage platform. I'm perfectly willing to show all logs if necessary. The user is ****

I do want to mention that I fully respect the work that people do on this site, and that my conversations will reflect that I am courteous and respectful in all of my interactions. This truly feels like a blatant abuse of trust by the user, hence my post.

Appreciate any direction or reply,

kd

Hi,

Your question has been moved to this thread. I think by reading the first post in this thread (and several of the following posts) it will be clear why you should NEVER buy a clip directly from a model. People are safe using the Curvage platform if following the rules.

Buying your clips from our clip store ensures that you're dealing with a legit company that will work to ensure your product is delivered.
Buying directly from a model is a violation of our site rules, but more importantly sets up the purchaser for this type of bad situation.

FOR THOSE IN THE BACK.... AGAIN

STOP DOING THIS

Blake Shelton Television GIF by The Voice

• S77 locked and pinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

Still happening. At this point I don't know what to say.

Customers: If you buy clips directly from a model you WILL get burned. We get messages from many of you all the time, "help I got scammed". Sorry, there is nothing we can or will do about this. YOU are responsible. Do NOT make deals like this. If you shop through the clip store you will never be burned.