Peace with declined Life Expectancy? *TRIGGER WARNING*

CuriousAmy13

Forgive me if this topic isn’t good to bring up, but just in case *TRIGGER WARNING*

How do you and your family/friends accept and deal with the fact that you have a declined life expectancy? Especially if you are purposely gaining?

I’m curious because I’m beginning my journey to 300 and am expecting that to have an effect and I have my own reasons to be at peace and ok with it but how about you? How do you and your family and friends handle that deep and life changing subject?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would use the ‘quality over quantity’ argument. Maybe keeping a ‘reasonable’ weight gives you 5 or 10 more years of life. But if you are constantly fantasizing about gaining and you won’t feel fulfilled without doing it, you might be miserable for the rest of your life. Or at least feel regret that you didn’t go for your dreams. 

Doctors have been freaking out over people getting fatter for years, and they use awful tactics to try to reverse that, including scaring people. 

Same for the diet industry- they can tell you how awful it is, and then go on to hopefully sell you their weight loss gimmick.

Being moderately overweight is not the death sentence that they make it out to be. I know quite a few large people and they're not dropping dead after 40. 

Yes, they get sore knees and out of breath easily, but truthfully I don't fully believe those in the medical and diet industries. 

I do know that those who are severely obese, like over 400 lbs, will have a shorter life, but how much shorter? 1 year? 5 years? Is it worth denying yourself getting to 75 years old? 

Most people I know live for the pleasure of today and it's not going to lead them to the dump.

Due to our "credentialed" experts lying, don't believe so-called experts anyway. 

Doctors have been freaking out over people getting fatter for years, and they use awful tactics to try to reverse that, including scaring people. 
Same for the diet industry- they can tell you how awful it is, and then go on to hopefully sell you their weight loss gimmick.
Being moderately overweight is not the death sentence that they make it out to be. I know quite a few large people and they're not dropping dead after 40. 
Yes, they get sore knees and out of breath easily, but truthfully I don't fully believe those in the medical and diet industries. 
I do know that those who are severely obese, like over 400 lbs, will have a shorter life, but how much shorter? 1 year? 5 years? Is it worth denying yourself getting to 75 years old? 
Most people I know live for the pleasure of today and it's not going to lead them to the dump.
Due to our "credentialed" experts lying, don't believe so-called experts anyway. 

I think the argument could be made do you even want to live to the age where you mind goes, you lose bodily function, have to rely on others to take care of you, no privacy, and you have no real purpose sitting in a nursing home at the expense of doing something and being the person you want to be. Yes you have family, friends, and a career maybe but not everyone have those things that are worth the downside of getting very old. Yes you have people who are pretty functionable when they get older, see Jimmy Carter, but I don’t think that’s “the average”.

As I trans person, I don’t want to get the point to where I can’t be myself and seen as myself due to all that comes with being in a nursing home but also don’t want to pass away in my 30s or 40s. Know what I mean?

I think you can have a rich, long life without living past 60 or 70. Eventually there is a decline, even for “healthy” people.

And all of this isn’t even touching issues around Global Warming, politics, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for all lifestyle choices, getting fat has its  complications. But it also has to do with a lot more factors then just being fat. For example where the majority of your fat is situated. Abdominal fat is proven to be unhealthier then hip fat, so pears do have a longer life expectancy (relatively seen). It also is to be considered to what level of fatness are you willing to commit. Someone who is 600+ pounds will likely die younger then someone who’s 300+ (Given both stay at the same weight for the duration of their lives). Another huge factor is the food you are eating. Someone skinny can die younger because their diet was absolutely shit, same goes for us. Eating healthy and gaining isn’t impossible, it just takes more effort. And your body can benefit from doing so. What I’m aiming at is that having a shorter life expectancy isn’t soley based on being fat. Even outside our fetish are a lot of factors that play a role in how long we will live. 

I’ve learned a lot from being medically schooled. Most importantly, living longer isn’t as easy as living healthy (although I won’t dent it helps). Getting to an age beyond 70-80 is in my opinion highly overrated. And last but not least, life is too short and too unpredictable to hold back on what truly makes you happy even if society and the people around you don’t agree with your choices. So don’t be too scared to pursue those pounds or kilos. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BHMZach

“Of the ebb and flow, where the roots of all mysteries grow
I am below, so far below the bottom line
Transmitting live, transmissions rise
From the depths out of controlled by
Suspended glance of an unblinking eyes
Imminent gaze cast 'pon the path that winds
'Pon the path I find, and claim as mine
To ride the waves of unrest
Made to make me shine as a testament
To why the ways of the blind will never get
Shit but shanked by my disrespect
Dismiss this life, worship death
Cold blood night of serpent's breath
Exhaled like spells from the endlessness
In the bottomless wells of emptiness
Channeled to invoke what we represent
Secret order, elitist horde of creeping fire, seizing power
Riders of the lupus hour
Eye on palm, time is gone
Moonlight drawn, fly till dawn
Sacrifice to rise beyond
Deep inside the violent calm of the coming storm
In blood sworn to glorify and for life adorn
With all that dies to become unborn”

— Death Grips 

Guest BHMZach

The medical industry is a scam it’s designed to Alleviate symptoms not TREAT people. We don’t have a lower life expediency because we’re fat we have a lower life expediency because we receive poor medical treatment - thats for everyone not just fat people 

Guest BHMZach
17 hours ago, bangs15 said:

women barely lose any life expectancy even at 300+

men on the other hand... gl hf

Because men have a lower life expectancy just in general it’s not *because* we’re fat 

Guest Weight gain schadenfreude
On 8/12/2021 at 5:27 PM, BHMZach said:

The medical industry is a scam it’s designed to Alleviate symptoms not TREAT people. We don’t have a lower life expediency because we’re fat we have a lower life expediency because we receive poor medical treatment - thats for everyone not just fat people 

So why do fat people have lower life expectancy?

Guest BHMZach
10 hours ago, Weight gain schadenfreude said:

So why do fat people have lower life expectancy?

Men compared to Women have a higher mortality rate than Fat people compared to Skinny People; I have a suspension that the factors that contribute to men having a higher mortality rate are the same as being Fat. 

factors: regular checkups (fear of being ridiculed or harassed by doctors or nurses for weight), access to medical care, socio-economic status, more likely to partake in high risk behaviors, alcohol/drug use, stress lvls etc