What's your favourite weight gain trope?

herotaroft

One of my favorites, leaning into the magical side of things, is reality altering. Just the idea of someone, or multiple people, gaining without noticing and the world shifting around them to make it all seem natural is just very unique to the genre and something I don't see too often. If atleast one of the people in the story notice something is off, that makes it even better.

I enjoy the kind of inevitability type stories. Where genetics take hold and the runt of the litter becomes the biggest one or is at least on track to. 

im also a sucker for the stories where someone is living with someone whose fat being a mother, aunt, grandmother or a friend or even their significant other and the skinny one picking up the others habits or is sabotaged into getting fat by the other person. 

I really like clothes being outgrown, ripped, and popped. It adds some depth to descriptions of just how big certain parts of the body are and focuses attention on just how much bigger the character is than before. I mean, you could say that a belly is “watermelon sized,” but imagine how much fun you can have describing how it defies all buttons, bulges over waistbands, and makes t-shirts ride up.

I love mutual gaining stories, especially when it starts with the feeder experiencing "collateral damage" and realizing how good it looks/feels. 

Also love when a woman gains in a very bottom heavy manner. Descriptions of her butt straining her pants, her hips hanging off the sides of her chair, having to pause to turn to fit through a doorway. Beautiful 

Oh there are many. Off the top of my head:

- Role reversal of the fattener becoming the fattened. Maybe accompanied by some level of denial over how fat the fattener is becoming.

-  Any time you have some kind of multiple chapter story or a series of stories where lets say Character A starts off skinny and is then  introduced to some gaining impetus. Then the character is maybe absent for a while and eventually comes back into the story a couple chapters later way bigger to the shock of others in the story, with all the intervening gain fleshed out as the character is reintroduced.

- Rapid/magical gain accompanied by clothes ripping, seams tearing, bras overflowing, buttons popping, bellies bursting, thighs inflating,  etc. Usually if it starts off at a certain pace, then goes out of control a little bit, that's good too.

- Not really a trope but more a pet peeve, but good descriptions are also key. Or rather if an author chooses to toss in actual weight figures the descriptions need to mesh with the weight. I'm a sucker for numbers but the descriptions need to be on point too- its distracting to have some character described as super huge or something and then a weight is tossed in thats way lower than the mental image I had brewing based off the descriptions. Or the other way around too, with a character starting off in a story described only chubby and then its tossed in that they're 200 or 300 lbs.

-  MILFs.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, berserker1 said:

I can enjoy most kind of story archetypes but I think my favouirte would be those in which the protagonist doesn't enjoy gaining at first but she ends up getting into it and embracing feederism. Also, I very much enjoy when the feeder secretly fattens up the protagonist.

And this is why I come back to Berserker's stories. Having the protagonist embrace feederism and reveling in their figure is my favorite.

- Girls with a combination of superhuman metabolism and appetite, who can gorge anime-style through gigantic feasts whilst only becoming a bit curvy, and then innocently ask their boyfriend some question like "Oh, do you like watching me eat? Well, after those ten cheesecakes I'm only a little hungry, but I could find room for more..."

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, dog186 said:

-  MILFs.

Yes. 

- Strong, athletic girls (or superheroines) who have to bulk up for some amusing plot reason, or just because (this is a Chloe Southern reason) she wants to squish her boyfriend harder. 

- "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!"

- Slutty cheerleaders. Milfs whose thirst for sex is equal to their immense appetite for food. 

- "Oh, I can exercise this off, no problem!" 

- Stories about powerful royalty and their overfed harems. 

- A "well-constructed" world. Maybe there is some magic MacGuffinite (e.g. Troll Fat; magic sugar; temporary weight loss potions; weight transfer amulets) which has fairly consistent "rules" and is used by various characters in interesting, different ways. Or a "weight gain economy" of greedy sorceresses staying slim by fattening up their maids - if the rules say this is possible. 

On 7/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, berserker1 said:

I can enjoy most kind of story archetypes but I think my favouirte would be those in which the protagonist doesn't enjoy gaining at first but she ends up getting into it and embracing feederism. Also, I very much enjoy when the feeder secretly fattens up the protagonist.

Agreed. I think confidence and embracing the BBW identity is really hot, especially when it’s multiple girls.

6 hours ago, herotaroft said:

o do you have a link? id like to read 

https://www.deviantart.com/berserker1133

Also check out Polarisdreamer's work because they collaborate often for some truly fantastic stuff. 

https://www.deviantart.com/polarisdreamer 

I think they have their work here in curvage too, not entirely sure if that's true though.

I am a curmudgeon I guess. I mainly have tropes that I do Not like.lol

The dryer shrunk my clothes. Any denial beyond 10 or 12 lbs. Chocolate or Vanilla or Strawberry Weight Gain Powder sprinkled on Lasagna Steak or any other Savory food. That trope is usually the tactic of a new writer who is rushing the gain.

A 100 lb brand new Feedee who out of nowhere can eat Three Extra Large Big Mac Meals and a dozen donuts. 

I have seen a few mystical stores that I enjoyed involving demons etc. But the weight gain was still achieved through eating and was at a realistic pace.

If I have a favorite it is probably lost job or breakup or the current quarantine trope. I encountered someone in May that had been 180 plus ten years ago. Before covid she maintained 140 to 145.Gained 17 during our two to three month shelter in place.And now? Pushing 180 again. Looks Hot and Flabby as Hell. I like finely crafted stories over unrealistic denial and rushed gains.Anything faster than Chubbybunny160 and Mochii is a non starter.

Not necessarily a feedee or weight gain related trope but I really enjoy stories with imperfect characters and a sense of realism through strong character interactions. Any story introducing moral ambiguity or questioning the protagonist's decisions is really fun. Tropes like cheating or anything amplifying the emotional weight of the story make the whole story engaging. 

One of my favorite examples of strong character building is from y2qwert's "Body Builders" because Tara is just such well written and believable character. 

Last, having a good balance between plot, character interactions, and fetish content is what separates the good stories from the great ones.

That's my 2 cents on why I enjoy stories, sorry to clog up the thread even if it's partially related!

22 hours ago, Jazzman said:

I am a curmudgeon I guess. I mainly have tropes that I do Not like.lol

The dryer shrunk my clothes. Any denial beyond 10 or 12 lbs. Chocolate or Vanilla or Strawberry Weight Gain Powder sprinkled on Lasagna Steak or any other Savory food. That trope is usually the tactic of a new writer who is rushing the gain.

A 100 lb brand new Feedee who out of nowhere can eat Three Extra Large Big Mac Meals and a dozen donuts. 

I have seen a few mystical stores that I enjoyed involving demons etc. But the weight gain was still achieved through eating and was at a realistic pace.

If I have a favorite it is probably lost job or breakup or the current quarantine trope. I encountered someone in May that had been 180 plus ten years ago. Before covid she maintained 140 to 145.Gained 17 during our two to three month shelter in place.And now? Pushing 180 again. Looks Hot and Flabby as Hell. I like finely crafted stories over unrealistic denial and rushed gains.Anything faster than Chubbybunny160 and Mochii is a non starter.

I like these too, but every once in a while I like weight gain transformations that happen quickly almost like a werewolf transformation. These can be euphoric if they hit that sweet spot that isn’t quite melodramatic 

1 hour ago, >_< 0_0 said:

I like these too, but every once in a while I like weight gain transformations that happen quickly almost like a werewolf transformation. These can be euphoric if they hit that sweet spot that isn’t quite melodramatic 

Agreed. And the reason I mentioned Mochii and some of several gains by Chubbybunny 160 is that they were absolutely to human limits almost. KellieKay many years ago had gone from chubby to 350 over a few years. Then ZOOMED to 500 in less than a year. There are many more I have known but unfortunately poorly photographed and left the community after astronomical transformations. Very nearly Werewolf. Lol

Thanks for the nice reply