The Queen of Cabin 9

polarisdreamer

Part 34; Saturday Afternoon, Lanesboro; Day 57

The last time Amber had seen her older sister had been seven months ago, at Christmas.  Since it had been the end of the holiday season, her sister had added the usual amount of winter weight to her 5’8 frame, meaning she weighed around 260lbs.  She normally thinned out to around 250lbs by the summer, and that was what Amber was expecting to see when her sister walked into the chilly medical office.

Instead, Amber’s eyes widened as she observed a doctor, who looked like her sister, enter the office, but this woman had to be 210lbs at most, not 250.

“A-abby?”  Amber stuttered in disbelief.

“In the flesh.”  Her sister responded with a big smile on her face.  Abby’s eyes were glued to Amber’s medical chart.

“You look great.”  Amber admitted.  Her sister was still nowhere near a healthy weight, but she wasn’t a blob anymore neither.  The change was incredible to take in.

“Yeah, I hired a personal trainer and a dietitian so I can fit into the wedding dress I picked out by September.  I’ve still got a long way to go, I wanna drop 10 more pounds, but we figure it’s a good investment.  Darrel and I are thinking about starting our family after we get back from the honeymoon.”  Abby explained in her usual talkative way.

Amber liked Darrel, Abby’s longtime boyfriend from medical school, and so did her family.  He was a nice guy, a little soft-spoken, kinda a pushover, but that’s the kind of guy her bossy sister needed.  She was definitely the one calling the shots in that relationship.  

“How does it feel?”  Amber wondered.  She was willing to talk about anything other than exactly what they were each there for.

“Losing fifty pounds?  Or being engaged?”  Abby sought to clarify, as she sat down and logged into the computer across from where Amber was seated.

Amber noticed her sister still had yet to spare a glance in her direction.  Trying not to sound worried, Amber replied unsteadily, “Both?”

Chuckling a little bit, Abby replied, “Both feel amazing.  My joints don’t ache as much anymore, my back stopped hurting so much, I’m not exhausted all the time…  And you know how much I love Darrel.  I’ve even got him on a diet now too.  Still working on convincing Mom to diet with me though.”

“Good luck with that,” Amber scoffed knowing how stubborn their mother could be.

“It’s an uphill battle, but I’m not giving up yet.”  Abby replied, as she finally turned her attention to her younger sister.

She thought there had been an error in the chart, but now it was apparent that the info she’d just read had been correct.  Amber had always been fairly fit for her age.  She’d developed some healthy curves around the time she graduated from high school and entered college, but she’d never looked out of shape before.

Until now.

Sitting before her very eyes, Amber looked to have added inches of hard to lose belly fat to her waistline, but that wasn’t it.  Her thighs had taken a hit as well.  Amber’s hips appeared rounder and wider, even though she was sitting down, it was clear to Abby that Amber’s butt cheeks had grown plumper.  Gazing upward, her sister’s breasts appeared swollen, her cheeks looked fuller, and there was a slight fold under her chin.

Amber had gone up more than few dress sizes.  She’d gained some serious weight.  Practically as much weight as Abby had lost over the last seven months.

‘It looks reversible though.’  Abby thought to herself.  Amber had grown overweight based on her elevated weight/BMI, body fat, and belly circumference, but it was never too late to help her sister get on top of the changes to her body before things got more out of hand.

“How are you doing sis?”  Abby asked trying to keep a calm sounding tone.

“Just great.  Thanks for asking.”  Amber replied in a fake cheery tone.

Abby was almost ten years older than she was.  So, the sisters were never the closest.  Amber didn’t like when Abby tried to act all chummy with her.  All she wanted was to get this appointment over with before having to endure any more humiliation.

“Very good.  Let’s cut to the chase, shall we?”  Abby said, while she stood up and walked over to where her newly pudgy younger sister was sitting.

Amber just kept smiling but she knew that this couldn't be good, “Yeah, sure…”

“Let’s talk about this,” Abby said pinching one of Amber’s fleshy love handles, “You’re not pregnant right?”

Amber was mortified feeling her older sister pinching her chub!  Since sitting down, her undersized tank top had rolled up on her belly, exposing even more of her pudge.  Her belly didn’t even look like a pregnant one from this position, her belly fat had formed into pudgy rolls.  Still though, Amber couldn’t bear the accusation, “I’m not pregnant!  I took a test before Aunt Sandy dropped me off!”

“Okay, well…  You've still put on a lot of weight since we last saw each other.  A bit too much for my liking.  I know you like to have fun at Aunt Sandy’s camp, but you’re an adult now sis.  You gotta take better care of yourself,” Abby said in a caring tone that Amber found incredibly condescending, “I know it’s stressful being your age.  One of the nasty things about being really athletic when you’re younger is that you never learn to eat properly to maintain your weight.  You always have it in your head that you’ll just exercise it off.  I see it all the time.”

That was the last straw…

Amber couldn’t take it anymore, venting her frustrations, she roared, “Don’t talk to me like I’m some fat idiot!  I’m not that big!  I’m nowhere near as big as you are!”  

Abby blushed red at her sister’s comment, she wasn’t expecting her sister to get so hostile.

It was true that she was fatter than Amber in every department.  Her tits were fatter, her butt was fatter, her hips were larger, her thighs were larger, but Abby’s professionalism overwhelmed her urge to bicker with her younger sister, “The fact that you’re smaller than me has nothing to do with my concerns as your doctor.”  

“You’re not my doctor, you’re my sister!”  Amber growled before pouting, “You’ve always been jealous of my figure.  I bet you’re secretly happy I’ve got a weight problem now.”

“Grow up Amber!”  Abby loudly snapped.  The authority of her voice seemed to cause a frightened expression to form upon her younger sister’s face.  Taking a softer tone, Abby apologized, “I’m sorry.  It’s been a long day...  Look, I just want to figure out what’s going on with you.  Gaining 44 pounds in such a short time isn’t normal.  As your doctor AND your sister, I’m concerned.  Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?”

“Go ahead.”  Amber muttered trying to regroup.  She realized her insecurity had caused her to lose control and lash out like that.  Even though she was still burning on the inside, Amber bit her tongue.

“Have you noticed a change in your lifestyle this summer?”  Abby asked, deciding to sit upon the examination table next to her sister rather than stand in front of her and talk down to her.

“No.”  Amber quickly replied before recalling her sluggish mornings and adding, “Well I…  I don’t really run in the morning anymore.  I’ve been too sleepy recently.”

Abby jotted something on her clipboard and responded, “Have you been going to bed later than normal?”

“No.  I’ve just been sleeping in longer.”  Amber answered truthfully.

“Hmm.”  Abby hummed, as she glanced at her little sister’s not so little belly and asked, “Have you noticed any change in your eating habits recently?”

Feeling embarrassed butterflies in her stomach, Amber stoutly replied, “No.”

“Really?”  Abby questioned doubtfully, while she gave her sister’s soft side a nudge with her elbow, “Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, I’m sure!”  Amber spat growing annoyed again.  She didn’t like it when her sister pointed out her softness like that.

Raising an eyebrow, Abby pressed, “You haven’t been eating more than you usually do?”

“No.”  Amber growled feeling her irritation rising again.

“You haven’t been eating more junk food lately?”  The older sister continued.

“I work at a fat camp, where am I going to get junk food Abby?”  Amber countered.

“Alright.”  Abby conceded briefly before asking her next question, “You haven’t been eating late at night?”

“No!”  Amber roared tired of these questions that felt like accusations.

“Alright, alright.”  Abby backed off, “It’s my job to ask these questions.  Don’t get annoyed with me.”

‘Easier said than done…’  Amber thought to herself, before taking a deep breath and trying to calm down.

“I know, I know…  I just feel like you’re insinuating that this is my fault.”  Amber sighed, as she crossed her arms in irritation.

“Amber…  You’ve gained 44 pounds since your last visit,” Abby reminded her with a pinch to her lower belly roll.

Amber was blushing red at this point.  Too embarrassed to fight back, Amber squeaked in a winy tone, “I-I’m trying to lose weight!”

Nodding in approval, Abby replied, “you really don’t think your eating habits have changed this summer?”

“No!”  Amber yelped for what felt like the hundredth time.

“You’re being completely honest with me?  Remember, I’m your doctor, I can’t talk about what you share with me to anyone else.  Not mom, not dad, not Aunt Sandy, not anyone.  This is between you and me.”  Abby lectured her irritated younger sister.

“Abby, I’m telling you the truth!  Don’t you believe me?!”  Amber roared, as her emotions got the better of her and tears started to trickle down her slightly fuller cheeks, “Why would I lie!?  Like you said, you’re my doctor right now!  I wanna figure out what’s wrong with me so my life can go back to f*cking normal!!”

Sensing that something else was bothering her sister, Abby asked in a caring tone, “What’s wrong Amber?”

“I don’t know, everything?  My cabin’s not in first place anymore, I’m getting fat for no reason…  I mean, I go to bed starving, and I wake up bloated!  I seriously don’t understand how I keep gaining so much weight every week!  I’m losing my mind over this Abby!  I’m losing my fitness!  I’m even losing my boyfriend!”  Amber revealed in a desperate burst of insecurity.

“Boyfriend?”  Abby echoed playing dumb, “I thought you and Dylan broke up months ago.”

Hearing his name sent a shiver down Amber’s spine, “That was back in February…”

“Oh, so you’ve got a new boyfriend?”  Abby asked trying to get more information out of Amber.

“I HAD a new boyfriend.”  Amber pouted, “I mean, it wasn’t technically official, but you know…”

“It’s complicated?”  Abby surmised, as Amber nodded.  Continuing, Abby asked, “He’s a counselor?”

“Yeah… did Aunt Sandy mention it?”  Amber wondered, while she tried to dry her tears, but it wasn’t easy.

“She did.”  Abby nodded.

‘Of course she did…’  Amber thought to herself feeling increasingly upset.

Continuing, Abby hummed, “So…  She’s making you dump him?”

“Well yeah, but…  Once he got a good look at how I’ve… changed.  He wasn’t interested.”  Amber sobbed, “He’s going to dump me the next time I see him…”

“Well, f*ck him then.”  Abby muttered feeling sorry for her sister, “You can do better than a guy that superficial.”

Amber didn’t want to do better than Aaron.  She just wanted to be with him.  He was all she wanted.  Responding in a weak tone, Amber replied, “I don’t know…  I think I…”

“Ohhhhh, Amber don’t say it.  That will only make the breakup worse.”  Abby cautioned.

Undeterred, Amber continued weakly, “But I think I do…  I… I don’t want to break up.”  

Letting out a big sigh, Abby braced her softened sister in a hug and consoled her, “I’ll tell you something mom told me when Darrel and I broke up after I graduated med school…  If it’s meant to be, you two will end up together.  If it’s not, then don’t worry, your prince charming is out there waiting for you.”

“Mom said that?”  Amber sniffed unconvinced her mother could give such eloquent advice.

“I’m paraphrasing.”  Abby joked, as she let go of Amber.

“Hmhm, thanks Abby.”  Amber chuckled finally shedding her frown for a little smile.

“You’re welcome.”  Abby smiled, as she picked up her chart and glanced it over one more time.  Deciding to skip the rest of her interrogation, she began, “I was looking over your chart when I walked in.  From what you’ve told me, I think I know what the issue is.”

“Y-you do?  What is it?  My thyroid?”  Amber muttered in cautious disbelief.

“I don’t think so.”  Abby replied.  Her sister’s thyroid didn’t look swollen, and she had no history of thyroid problems, “However, I’d like to schedule a blood test for you to rule it out for sure.  Are you free next week?”

“Saturday would work for me…”  Amber muttered reasoning that she could use the appointment to get out of yet another embarrassing weigh-in.

“Great.”  Abby hummed, before changing tones and getting back to the matter at hand, “So, your records say your school insurance changed in April.  Is that correct?”

“Yeah?”  Amber responded not sure what that had to do with anything.

“And you switched to a new birth control pill that your insurance covered?”  Abby inquired.

“Yeah…”  Amber replied starting to connect the dots in her head.

“And you started this new pill when?”  Abby concluded feeling a bit like Sherlock Holmes.

“The end of May…”  Amber muttered in disbelief.

“I mean correlation isn’t causation, but I think we found the likely culprit.”  Abby revealed, as she got up from the examination table.  She then tossed her clipboard next to her computer and sat down to start typing something.

“My birth control has been making me fat???”  Amber gushed in disgust.

“It happens.  They can mess with your hormones.”  Abby admitted deciding to share something personal, “In high school, after I started taking birth control, I gained 23 pounds because of it.”

“Oh my gosh!”  Amber gasped.  She’d been young when her sister had first started getting really pudgy.  She’d always assumed her sister had gotten fat because of how lazy she was…

“Yeah, so your birth control is the only thing that makes sense to me.”  Abby reasoned.

“Ugh!  I’ll flush that cr*p down the toilet!”  Amber spat.

“Yeah, stop taking your stuff.  Don’t take anything for two weeks.  I’ll write you a new prescription that hopefully agrees with you more.  Start taking it once your two weeks is up.”  Abby instructed, while appearing to be focused on what she was typing up.

Feeling hopeful Amber asked, “And my weight should go back to normal?”

“It will take some effort on your part, but after enough time, yes, your weight should get back normal.”  Abby explained much to Amber’s relief.

“Thank god!  I knew it wasn’t my fault that I was gaining weight!”  Amber gushed feeling a burst of joy course through her body.

“Hold your horses, don’t get too cheerful yet.  You’ll probably experience some side effects when you’re making the switch between prescriptions.”  Abby cautioned.

Amber’s smile abruptly vanished, “What side effects??”

“Well, mood swings for one thing…  And…”  Abby hesitated not knowing how her sister would react.

“No…”  Amber bit her lip in apprehension.

“It’s quite possible you’ll gain some weight during the transition and adjustment period.”  Abby regretfully informed her chubby younger sister, while she selected a new birth control for her.  As it so happened, Abby absentmindedly selected the very brand she’d had an adverse reaction to in high school.  It was different from Amber’s current brand and it was covered by Amber’s insurance, so Abby thought nothing of it.

Feeling sick to her fat stomach, Amber cried, “Ahhh!!  Come on!  That's not fair!”

“Don’t be so dramatic Amber,” Abby countered, “A year from now you’ll realize this was all for the best.”

“If you say so…”  Amber fumed, as she looked down upon her doughy muffin top, which sprawled outward from her frame, with worry.

• 2 weeks later...

I was holding back hoping someone would mention Amber's new nighttime habit.

How you were going to handle the growing counselor being away from Cabin 9 really held my interest.  Was she going to be really hungry in the morning?  Would she suddenly stop being bloated in the mornings and wonder why?  Apparently her new subconscious desires refuse to be denied.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 11:43 AM, greg said:

Amber is in limbo, and so are we! Hope you'll continue this great story soon...

Ask and you shall receive!

On 8/6/2021 at 2:28 PM, greinskyn said:

I was holding back hoping someone would mention Amber's new nighttime habit.

How you were going to handle the growing counselor being away from Cabin 9 really held my interest.  Was she going to be really hungry in the morning?  Would she suddenly stop being bloated in the mornings and wonder why?  Apparently her new subconscious desires refuse to be denied.

Feedback seems to be few and far between on Curvage nowadays, I thank you and everyone else commenting for keeping me motivated! 

All your questions are answered in part 35!

Part 35; Sunday Morning, Preston; Day 58

Amber awoke to the sound of the TV playing in the background of her awareness.  For a moment Amber felt out of sorts.  She was used to waking up in the sweaty heat of cabin nine, not upon the downstairs sofa of her parent’s air-conditioned house.

‘That’s right…  I’m at home…’  Amber’s brain slowly pieced together, as she clutched her forehead and felt the first distinct sign of her hangover, a skull splitting headache.  However, it could have been worse, luckily her parents were visiting her grandparents for the weekend.  So, at least she didn’t have to deal with them today.

While Amber groggily opened her eyes and tried to blink away her blurry vision, she wondered, “Ughh…  How much did I drink last night?”

Upon the coffee table in front of her, the blonde spotted the bottle of wine she’d opened last night when she’d started binging the latest season of the bachelorette.  It was now completely empty.

She’d wanted to relax after her rather emotional day.  Unfortunately, after two glasses of wine, Amber had made the mistake of tipsily responding to Aaron’s texts.  After that conversation went sour, she must have finished the whole bottle and passed out in her grief.

‘Oh god…  Did I really drink the whole bottle in one night?  I really am turning into my mother…’  Amber self-consciously thought to herself.  She tried to sit upward but was thwarted by a familiar bloated sensation around her midsection.

Frowning in disappointment, Amber regretfully observed the way her rounded belly poked out the bottom of her sister’s old camp Manitowash hoodie.  Tugging it down over her pudgy gut, Amber felt some sense of shame that her sister’s big sweatshirt could hardly cover her belly anymore.

Even the stretchy leggings she’d worn to the doctor’s office felt way too small on her.  Like it or not, she was going to have to raid her sister’s closet for some larger clothing options.  It was either that or go on a humiliating shopping trip.

Managing to push herself into a seated position, Amber grasped her bloated stomach and lamented, “Why am I so bloated?  I didn’t even eat that much last night…”

Seeking to confirm her assertion, Amber gazed upon the remnants of her meal from last night.  She’d gotten take-out because her mother had left the house barren of anything healthy to cook with.

On the left side of the table lay the empty Styrofoam container that used to contain the large salmon salad Amber had devoured for dinner.  She’d been unusually hungry last night, and the salad had been a large healthy option that filled her up and had sated her hunger.  It had come with two large pieces of garlic bread, but Amber had pushed them to the side and filled up on wine instead.

Although, looking at the table now, the garlic bread was… gone?

‘What the h*ll?’  Amber pondered to herself.  The tin foil was unwrapped and covered in breadcrumbs, but the garlic bread was nowhere to be found.  Glancing upon her bloated gut, Amber grasped it’s doughy softness and wondered out loud, “Did I…  Did I eat the garlic bread?”

It was possible, she had ** far more wine than she normally consumed.  Heck, she’d drunken enough to pass out on the couch!

As Amber internally chastised herself for her uncharacteristic lack of self-control, one thing she didn’t notice was the empty bowl of M&M’s her mother kept in front of the TV at all times.

The bowl had been overflowing with chocolaty treats last night and now it was licked clean.

The queen of cabin nine had unknowingly devoured them in her drunken stupor.

Thinking nothing of the missing M&M’s, Amber heaved herself off the couch and started cleaning up after her indulgent night.  She threw away her trash, cleaned up all the crumbs on the coffee table, and then she stumbled upon her phone on the floor.  The sight of it caused Amber’s pudgy body to stiffen.  A fearful thought shot through her mind:

‘I didn’t break up with Aaron last night… did I?’

Searching her blurred memory, Amber wasn’t completely sure.  She’d felt so mixed up and depressed yesterday…  Hopefully she hadn’t said anything stupid!

Frantically, the plump blonde tapped her phone and pulled up her conversation with Aaron.  She scrolled up to Aaron mentioning he wanted to talk to her about something in person and read from there.  He’d texted her in the early afternoon, and she’d responded closer to 11:10 at night…  Her texts were filled with drunken spelling errors and didn’t make the most sense, but the more Amber read, the more it became clear:

Aaron (2:54PM):

*I’m sorry about yesterday*

*I have something I want to talk to you about, but it would be better if we could do it in person*

Amber (3:33PM):

*I can’t really deal with this right now, I just got done at the doctors.  Can I text you later?*

Aaron (3:35PM):

*Of course, is everything alright? *

Amber (3:45PM):

*No*

*just found out my stupid birth control is to blame for my weight problems this summer*

Aaron (3:46PM):

*Do you wanna talk about it?*

Amber (3:52PM):

*I’m driving home.  I’ll text you later*

Aaron (3:53PM):

*Drive safe!*

Amber (11:09PM):

*so i’ll just sav u the trouble*

*it’s over*

Aaron (11:10PM):

*What?? Are you serious?*

Amber (11:10PM):

*Yeahh, my Aunt knows…*

*Soo*

*Unless u wanna lose ur job*

*it’s gotta b over*

Aaron (11:11PM):

*So, you want to break up?*

*That’s what you want?*

Amber (11:15PM):   

*it’s not a rly break up*

*Since we wer never reallyy togther*

*Like officilly*

Aaron (11:16PM):

*It was real to me.*

Amber (11:22PM):

*I mean*

*My college is outta state sooo, what was our plan for after summer?  Wus it gonna be long distance?*

Aaron (11:23PM):  

*I guess not. *

Amber (11:27PM):  

*It was always going to end sooner or later, y keep kidding ourselves? *

Aaron (11:37PM):

*If that’s the way you see it, I understand. *

*Take care of yourself Amber. *

Looking over that exchange again, Amber was filled with regret.  She couldn’t believe what she was reading.  How could she be so stupid?  Aaron was a great guy!  And she’d just gone and…

And…

Well…  Aaron was going to dump her anyway.  Right?  She’d just beaten him to the punch, hadn’t she?

Feeling terrible, Amber shed a tear as she quickly sent another text to Aaron:

*I’m so sorry about what I said last night!*

However, before she could follow up, and explain she’d been **, Aaron replied back rather quickly:

*I’m sorry too, but you’re right.  It’s not a good idea for us to see each other anymore this summer.*

And just like that, it felt like time grinded to a halt, Amber breathed deeply, as her hand covered her mouth.

‘Great going Amber…’  The hungover blonde thought to herself in an emotional exhaustion.

Feeling more tears falling down her cheek, Amber felt a pain within her stomach begin to overtake the heartache she was experiencing.  Despite her tummy’s bloated appearance, it growled loudly with hunger.

‘Why am I so hungry?’  Amber absentmindedly wondered, as her more primal needs took over.  Despite how full she was from last night, she felt empty inside…  Responding instinctively, Amber impulsively hurried into the kitchen with one thing on her mind:

Comfort food.

Luckily for the grieving Amber Cullins, her mother’s kitchen was a minefield of guilty pleasure foods.  Seeking something sweet and savory, Amber grabbed some chocolate chip pancake batter and set a pan upon the stove.  In her sadness, Amber didn’t think to use any form of measuring cups, she poured the batter, the milk, the eggs, all on instinct.  Whisking the batter into its desired creamy consistency, Amber wasted no time in pouring a large gob of it on the pan.

It was like her hunger had taken control of her body.

While her first pancake cooked, the plump blonde grabbed a plate from the cupboard and then a bottle of maple syrup from the pantry.  From the fridge Amber poured herself a tall glass of orange juice, which she hoped would cure her hangover.

The instant her first pancake was done Amber plopped it on her plate, smothered it in syrup, poured more batter onto the pan and began ravenously eating her feelings.  It wasn’t often she indulged her sweet tooth, but right after a breakup seemed to be the appropriate time.  The pancake was just the right balance of soft, fluffy and crispy.  It felt like heaven as bite after bite graced Amber’s ravenous lips.

As each morsel disappeared into the growing blonde’s soft stomach, she felt just a little bit better.  It was an addicting cure, though she soon discovered that the relief was only temporary.  She finished her first pancake before the second was even done cooking and then the guilt of the breakup slowly returned to the forefront of the beleaguered blonde’s mind.

Seeking that sweet relief one more time, Amber repeated the process with her second pancake and started cooking the third.  Again, she finished it before the replacement was ready.  Losing patience, Amber grabbed another pan.  She’d cook two at a time from now on.

Eating out of a strange desperation, Amber binged until every last drop of batter she’d made had been turned into succulent pancake and then gobbled into her rapidly bloating belly.  Upon the completion of her massive meal, Amber no longer felt empty inside, at least temporarily.  Her gut was bloated to the size of a bowling ball, but somehow, she felt a little better.  The guilt she felt toward Aaron was tempered by the strangely comforting feeling of a fully filled belly.  She knew she should feel guilty for stuffing herself like a pig, but she didn’t.  Not right now.

After all, it wasn’t her fault she’d eaten like this.

‘It’s my birth control’s fault.’  Amber rationalized to herself, while she grunted with exertion to free herself of her sister’s uncomfortably tight hoodie, ‘Besides, it’s not like I eat like this every day.’

Tossing her sister’s clothing to the floor, Amber leaned back letting her stuffed gut fully envelope her undersized camp t-shirt.  She really did look pregnant now, her rotund belly pushed her tight t-shirt up over her flabby belly button.  

“Eww, I’m huge…”  Amber lamented, as she eyed the way her protruding gut jutted outward from her center.  A little embarrassed, Amber cradled her belly and pushed all thoughts of her weight-woes and Aaron out of her mind.

Instead, as she dismissed the idea of taking a nap before returning to camp, Amber tried to keep her thoughts productive.  She weighed the pros and cons of telling her campers about her birth control issue, and she pondered how to get her lazy batch of fat camper’s back on track.

Recalling the conversation she’d overheard between Stacey and Sally, Amber knew her next course of action was to uncover the source of her cabin’s contraband problem.  And even though she didn’t have any proof, her heart was telling her Betty was involved.

Betty had practically gone from her most problemed camper to cabin role model this summer.  That was suspicious.

Very suspicious…

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2021 at 2:36 PM, 13461#% said:

Love the story!

Thank you!  That means a lot!

On 8/20/2021 at 10:27 AM, B$fan said:

This is absolutely fantastic. 

Thanks very much!

On 8/20/2021 at 3:11 PM, Guest Page3GirlsGoneFat said:

This reimagining of the tale is is shaping up to be a classic.

I surely hope so!

On 8/23/2021 at 7:18 AM, >_< 0_0 said:

We’re in uncharted waters now! There’s several ways this story can go, and my inability to guess which it will follow is why I’m so obsessed. 

Uncharted waters is such an appropriate way to say it!

Part 36; Sunday Lunch, Camp Manitowash; Day 72

“Who’s she talking to?”  Betty whispered across the lunch table to her taller compatriot.

Trying to poke her eyes above the crowd of campers, Alison couldn’t get a good view of Amber.  There were too many ravenous campers populating the lunch line right now.  

However, just as she was about to reply, a gap in the crowd allowed Alison to catch a glimpse of the person speaking with their annoying camp counselor.  Replying with a hint of worry in her voice, Alison said, “Looks like… Pack Leader?”

“Hmm,” Betty hummed clearly befuddled.

Ever since Amber took her first weekend off two weekends ago, things for cabin nine had only gotten worse.

For one thing, the workouts they were forced to endure in the persistent heat of late July and now early August had grown longer and more severe.  The ballooning blonde was quick to march the cabin over to the obstacle course to run laps if anyone so much as spoke out of line.  She even started closely supervising them during mealtimes and leisure times.

It felt like every time Betty looked over her shoulder, Amber was there… watching.

The mischievous camper had always found Amber’s bark to be slightly worse than her bite, but these last two weeks she couldn’t deny that Amber’s bark and bite had both been ratcheted up a notch.  Her verbal attacks against campers had increased in volume and frequency.  She was like a ticking timebomb ready to explode.

One look at the now increasingly chubbier looking blonde could confirm this.  It was her eyes.  They seemed filled with a silent rage.

A majority of cabin nine’s campers had labeled Amber’s recent increase in strictness, fat-shaming vocalness, and helicoptering as her ‘Reign of Terror.’  But Betty didn’t see it that way.

To her, Amber’s reign as the Queen of cabin nine had always been a reign of terror.

However, news had recently reached her ear of a breakup between Amber and Aaron.  Suddenly things were making sense.  Perhaps Amber’s recent crackdowns weren’t a warning sign of punitive things to come, but instead the last hurrah of a bratty bloated blonde coming to terms with the fact she’d lost control of her weight, her campers, and now her love life.

If Betty’s little practical joke was a chess game, she knew she’d be nearing checkmate on her increasingly corpulent counselor.

“I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.”  Betty hummed snapping herself back to the present conversation.  

“Are you sure?  Amber almost caught you picking up contraband red-handed two days ago.”  Alison reminded her overconfident co-conspirator.

“Almost.”  Betty replied with a certain laconic wit.  Letting out a little sigh of relief, she continued, “But you guys warned me, and now she thinks that I take extra-long walks around camp before lunch every day. ha. ha.”

“Still…”  Alison paused, noticing their friends approaching the table they were sitting at, “I’m worried we’re going to get caught.”

Raising an eyebrow to Alison’s worry, Betty responded, “You don’t have to worry about a thing.  If anyone gets caught it’s not gonna be you.  It’s gonna be me or…”

“Hey Jessie.  Juanita.”  Alison interrupted with a wave to her friends who had just arrived at the lunch table from behind Betty’s view.  

“Hey guys, what’ya talking about?”  Jessie smiled, as she rested her plump rump down upon the seat next to Betty.

“See for yourself.  Amber’s back.”  Alison said pointing in the direction of their irksome counselor.  Luckily the lunch line had dissipated enough for their table to now have a clear view.

Jessie turned around as best she could, her fat stomach forming folds across her midsection as she did.

Noting a pattern, Juanita sat down next to Alison and pointed out, “That’s the third week in a row she’s disappeared Saturday and resurfaced on Sunday.  Where do you think she’s been going?”

“I don’t know, but she probably just wants to avoid having to weigh herself in front of everybody.”  Betty guessed a bit annoyed.  After all the work she put in tirelessly overfeeding Amber every night, she felt she deserved to know exactly how overweight her formerly flawless tormentor actually was.

Anyone could tell at a glance that the softening blonde didn’t weight 156lbs anymore.

In the three weeks since her last public weigh-in, it was obvious Amber had packed on weight at an alarming rate.  She now sported some seriously beefy butt cheeks, with cushy hips and thighs to match.  The formerly fit counselor had added inches of fat all across her body and, though her breasts had swollen in size, their growth paled in comparison to the growth of her precipitous potbelly.  Round and soft, unless Amber was intensely focused on sucking in her newfound cushion, it protruded outward, often forcing her increasingly tightfitting clothing to the limits of their capacity.

At this rate, it was only a matter of time before Amber resembled the very campers she was charged with supervising.

“Hmhm, yikes.”  Jessie giggled after getting a full look of her counselor in the distance.

“What?”  Alison hummed finally feeling less anxious enough to actually take a bite of her apple.

“I can see why she’s avoiding the scale like the plague.”  Jessie replied with a happy look on her face, “Summer did a number on her!  Look. At. That. Pudge!  Clearly getting harder to hide.  She’s got those sweatpants pulled up to her belly button, but those love handles give her away.”

“Pretty sure they’re joggers, not sweatpants.”  Juanita corrected her enthusiastic friend, as she got a look of what Jessie was talking about.

Just under Amber’s undersized yellow crop-top, her pair of grey joggers were pulled up so high that only a thin layer of her upper-belly pudge was visible between the gap amid her stretchy waistband and the bottom hem of her shirt.  However, just because most of her chunky midriff was covered, didn’t mean that the pure size of her belly was obscured from anyone’s view.

Like Jessie had said, Amber’s love handles were still apparent through the fabric.  The once flawless camp counselor had grown a round plump gut that her athletic attire could no longer hide.  Rumors were abundant, pregnancy, voodoo, gluttony, but only a select few knew the truth behind Amber’s unsightly weight gain.

“Funny she’s wearing joggers, considering she doesn’t jog anymore.”  Betty snidely remarked, while she mentally pictured what Amber would look like if she tried to run now.  It would be a jiggle contest between her gut, butt and bust!

“Whatever.  Those joggers are so tight she might as well be wearing leggings.”  Jessie replied with a tone of vindictive pleasure in her voice.

Gazing upon the blonde in the distance as she prattled away about something to Pack Leader, Juanita noted, “I feel like she’s sucking in.  At night that belly normally pokes out and hangs over the waistband of her shorts.”

“That’s why she’s got her joggers pulled up so high,” Alison explained, “She’s trying to hide her muffin top.”

“And failing.”  Betty added, “Her gut has got a thick layer of fat now, isn’t much she can do.  She can’t hide it anymore”

“She’s officially chubby now.”  Jessie proudly pointed out, as she turned toward Betty and whispered, “No turning back either.  We’re not even close to being done, right Betty?”

“That’s right.  We’ve got one more month of camp.  Gotta make sure that nice potbelly she’s grown turns into a full, round, biiiig potbelly.”  Betty exclaimed to her comrades in arms.

It had been Jessie who overheard them a few weeks back about sabotaging Amber’s diet while she slept, and it was Jessie who enthusiastically fed Amber sleeping pills every night in the early hours of the morning, well before she woke up.  It had also been Jessie who spilled the beans to Juanita, but it hadn’t taken their fourth and final conspirator much convincing to pledge her financial support for their not-so-little late-night feeding operation.

Remarking on Amber’s newfound girth to her gut, Juanita noted, “All that fat sure knew where to go.”

“Her belly isn't the only thing getting bigger... That dump truck she’s packing back there is purdy big.”  Alison pointed out much to Jessie’s enjoyment.

“I didn't realize there was so much of it!  I feel sorry for the fabric covering her tush, it’s on life support haha,” Jessie snickered, “Her breasts can’t keep up with that belly and ass.”

“No, they can’t.”  Betty agreed enjoying the cathartic conversation.

Taking their tormenter down a peg was more satisfying than Betty could really express.  It was moments like this, with her friends admiring her handywork, that really confirmed to Betty how much her practical joke was worth the trouble.

That’s when she suddenly felt her phone buzz.

Opening up her phone, Betty let out a sigh.

It was a text message, from Stacey:

*Heads up, Pack Leader put out the call for counselors to meet in our lounge.  Going to raid cabin nine for contraband as soon as everyone gets here.  You have 10 minutes*

“That b*tch…”  Betty cursed to herself realizing why Amber had been talking to Pack Leader Thompson so intently earlier.  Alerting her troops, Betty snapped, “Cabin nine’s getting raided in 10 minutes!”

“A raid?  Seriously??”  Juanita questioned only for her surprise to be put to rest by the seriousness of Betty’s expression.

“They’ll find the contraband…  The sleeping pills!”  Jessie worried.

Feeling her anxiety spiking again, Alison vented, “I knew it was only a matter of time before we got caught…”

Thinking fast, Betty put everybody in line with an impromptu plan of action.  Striking a commanding tone, Betty countered, “They won’t find anything if we stash it under Amber’s bunk.  They won’t check her stuff.”

“Good plan, we should hurry!”  Juanita agreed, as she gave the lunch she was going to have to throw away an anguished look.

“No, if we all get up and go that will draw attention.  I’ll go.  Text me when the counselors leave the lounge.”  Betty instructed, as she excused herself from the table and slipped out of the cafeteria.

‘I guess it’s not checkmate quite yet…’  Betty thought to herself, as her quick walk transitioned into an earnest trot.

Oh wow, Great fun to read. I am curious to see where this leads. 

is it a trap for Becky as Amber awaits her in the cabin? Will the plan of Becky to move the contraband be successful?

when will Amber notice she needs to eat so much? Will there be any struggle? I found it great how she stuffed herself at home, the night with the help of the wine, and the next morning due to unconscious eating habits. 

will she keep the eating at home? Maybe start with the salad and loosing control with after some belly expanding beers with the effect of drunken stuffing? Stoned munchies? 

this story still has a lot of potential! 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Part 37; Sunday Afternoon, Camp Manitowash; Day 72

Cabin nine stood at attention, in an uneasy silence, while Amber slowly paced back and forth, her hair thrown into an uncharacteristically messy ponytail and her hands behind her back, trying to make sense of the results of her surprise raid.  The irritated blonde looked positively plump in her pair of high-waisted grey joggers and undersized yellow crop-top.  The counselor’s gut, butt, hips, and thighs had expanded to the point that they nearly rivaled some of her campers in size.

The increasing lack of contrast between the captive fat-campers and their overbearing counselor certainly seemed to diminish Amber’s previously unquestionable aura of authority, but in times like this, when it was obvious the bloated blonde was about to blow her gasket, Amber’s rotten temper still commanded enough respect to make her sheep fall in line.  Despite numerous counselors, and Pack Leader Thompson, searching every inch of cabin nine, not a single piece of contraband was found. Not so much as a single fun sized snickers bar or Cheeto bag.  Things didn’t add up, and Amber wasn’t happy about it.  

“Less than half of you lost any weight this past week.  We’ve gone from first to second… to third in the cabin rankings.” Amber began, as she continued to pace, not bothering to look her campers in the eye just yet, she was too disappointed in them, “I know we didn’t find any contraband in cabin nine, but I know most of you are sneaking junk food one way or another.  The evidence is the inches on your waistlines that aren’t going away.  That might not be sufficient evidence for Pack Leader to take drastic measures, but it’s enough for me.  It’s going to take a miracle for this cabin to get back into contention for cabin of the year.”

While Amber finished her thought, she turned to pace in the other direction, but her mind wasn’t paying attention to spatial awareness, so thanks to her widened hips, she accidentally bumped into an unsuspecting camper standing next to her.

“Oof.” Jessie muttered under her breath, as Amber’s softened hip pressed into her gut and knocked her slightly off balance.

“Watch where you’re standing Cooper, I’m walking here.”  Amber replied not taking accountability for her mistake.

This prompted a muffled response from the victimized camper that Amber couldn’t quite make out.

“What was that?  Care to share with the group Cooper?”  Amber questioned firmly planting her feet in front of the larger camper and pressing a finger right into the center of her gut.

“I said,”  Jessie began, “You’re the only person in cabin nine who cares about the stupid cabin rankings!”

“You should all care about the cabin rankings!”  Amber snapped back instinctively.

“Why?” Jessie fired back with some sass in her voice.

“Because I’m your counselor and I said so!  Don’t forget why your parents sent you here!  All of you lack self-control, that’s why I’m in charge of whipping you into shape!”  Amber roared without hesitation.

However, this belligerent statement caused Juanita, who was obscured from Amber’s view by her fellow campers to burst out insubordinately, “Why should I take orders from a mean b*tch who’s ass is fatter than mine!”

“Ugh!” Amber gasped. Her hands rushed to her enlarged rear end as if to try and subconsciously conceal its size, while a wave of similar shocked expressions overcame the now fearful campers standing before her.  Unable to stop herself from blushing with embarrassment, Amber snarled in retaliation, “Who said that!?”

But her question was only met with silence and stares.  All eyes seemed to dip from Amber’s face to her rounded gut and thickened butt.

‘Everyone is staring at my big belly…  and my fat ass…’  Amber realized with a quick thought.  She knew they were looking at the sorry state of her figure’s fitness and questioning her credibility as a weight loss counselor.  Her cheeks burned ever brighter and in trying to find the correct step forward, she closed her eyes, held her breath, and tried to think as fast as she could.

No matter how hard she tried, it seemed like she couldn’t shame this batch of fat campers into getting with the program.  So, maybe if shame wasn’t working, sympathy would.  Letting out the air she’d been nervously holding inside of her, Amber decided to go ahead with a little rehearsed speech she’d been planning as a contingency for almost a week now.

She struck a sincere, yet vulnerable tone, and let loose, “I want to take a moment to address a… situation. This… situation has become a talking point among those in this cabin and among those in our camp community at large over the last few weeks.  And… It centers around my… weight.”

Amber paused, taking a big gulp, for dramatic effect, plopped both her hands upon her newfound belly, and continued, “The truth is… I’ve gained weight this summer.  A lot of weight.  I’m sure you’ve all noticed…  I’m even overweight according to a doctor’s chart…”

Though what she was saying was more or less rehearsed, the embarrassment she felt owning up to her increase in weight in front of so many people was much more difficult to push through than she’d anticipated. Yet, she had no choice but to keep going.  The cat was out of the bag.  Her Aunt knew, her sister knew, her coworkers knew, her campers knew, even Aaron knew her perfect figure was no more.  Using her unfortunate situation to her advantage in this moment was the least she could do.

“But I’m not pregnant!”  Amber emphasized, getting her mind back on track, “I haven’t been chowing down on confiscated contraband.  I haven’t been cursed by a voodoo doll… I’ve been at the doctor’s office these last three Saturday’s getting tests done, and I’ve learned my birth control is responsible for my… increase in weight.  Thought it might have been a problem with my thyroid, but we ruled that out.”

Looking upon her campers to see how they were buying her sob story, Amber noticed a lot of skepticism on their pudgy faces, so she pointed out the obvious, “I see the doubt on your faces. I’m not making excuses. I’m sharing a matter of fact.  Look.  I’ve never been overweight before.  This is new territory for me, and honestly, I’m terrified.  According to my doctor…  I’ll keep putting on more weight as I transition to a new birth control prescription because my hormones are out of whack.  It’s also why my tempter’s been… worse than usual.”

A few murmurs erupted from her onlookers, but Amber let them chatter and just kept pressing on, “In my brain, I know that my weight doesn’t determine my self-worth as a person or as your counselor…  I know that I am much more than a number on a scale, but honestly… These past few weeks have been so hard… I feel like I’ve lost control of my body… my life… I’m supposed to be a role model, and now I’m almost the same weight as some of you.  I feel like a big fat failure, even though I know it’s not my fault!  If you’ve ever felt remotely similar to how I’m feeling now, I want you to listen to me right now.  I want all of you to reach your weight loss goals by summer’s end.  Not because it will reflect well on me, but because I owe it to all of you.  You all deserve to make your parents proud.  You all deserve to have something positive to show for all your time spent here.  Something positive to feel good about.  I know we haven’t really been doing too well in that regard these last few weeks… as a cabin.  So…  Please meet me halfway.  Give me a second chance.  A fresh start.  Listen to my advice.  Quit resisting my methods, and I promise I’ll meet you halfway too.”

“Are you serious?”  Alison questioned once it seemed that Amber had finished saying her piece.

“Yes.”  Amber affirmed looking over her crowd and seeing looks of honest contemplation on the faces of her chubby campers.  Her speech seemed to be working.

“Then stop punishing us with exercise!  The only time I actually hate working out is when you force us to!”  Jessie spat, as other girls grumbled similar grievances in agreement.

“Okay. You all still need to exercise regularly, but fine.  It doesn’t have to be a punishment anymore.  Done.  What else?” Amber compromised.  She was willing to barter away some of her more extreme methods if it meant people started falling back in line and quit fighting her every step of the way.

“Can we do something fun?  Every day.”  Juanita inquired tentatively.

“Sure.”  Amber nodded, noticing more people coming around.

“And longer water breaks!”  Alison piped.

“Deal.”  Amber smiled in response, while pointing in Alison’s direction.

“No more fat shaming.  No more mean insults when we are trying to exercise.”  Betty burst sounding like she was about the only one that hadn’t softened her skepticism.

“I was just trying to motivate you guys.”  Amber muttered in her defense before relenting, “But… I see now that I was… too enthusiastic. You guys need positive motivation during calisthenics, not… insults.  I’ll be better going forward.  And is it fair for me to expect you all to be better going forward too?”

Her question was met with silence.

“Am I being unreasonable?”  Amber added, as her onlookers began shaking their heads.

“Alright then.”  Amber replied turning, waving, and muttering, “dismissed.”

Then she hurried her big butt back to her room at the head of the cabin.  And that appeared to be that.

“What the hell just happened?  Where did all that come from?”  Juanita muttered, approaching her friends.

“I don’t know, but if she wants us to feel sorry for her, she’s got another thing coming.”  Betty doubted.

“D*amn right.”  Jessie agreed.

“I don’t know guys.  For once Amber seemed… human.  She’s gained a lot of weight this summer, maybe she’s gained a little empathy along with all that fat?”  Alison softly countered, “If this means Amber’s reign of terror is over maybe we should quit messing with her.  I didn’t know she was having issues with her birth control.”

“That’s because she’s making it up.  We know why she’s getting fat.  It’s not her birth control.  That’s just her excuse.”  Betty butted in.

“But, if she’s being genuine about treating us better, I agree with Alison.  Mission accomplished.” Juanita nodded along with what Alison was saying.

“No.  People like Amber don’t change on the flip of a coin like this.  She’s just trying to use her weight gain to manipulate us into feeling sorry for her!”  Betty declared, “You can let her fool you, if that’s what you want, but I’m not going to give up because of one pretty little speech.”

“Me either.”  Jessie affirmed in solidarity with Betty.

“Fine, let’s wait and see if she keeps her word. We can revisit the issue in a week. Then we can vote on it.”  Juanita suggested before adding, “I don’t really care if she’s changed, or if she’s lying about her birth control.  So long as she keeps her word about treating us better. That’s all that really matters to me.”

“Same.”  Alison hummed.

“Fine.  That sounds fair.”  Jessie muttered.

“Whatever.”  Betty grumbled crossing her arms, “You know where I stand. If I’m out voted.  So be it.”

“Good.  Now that that’s settled, can we talk about the raid?  Betty, what did you do with all the contraband?  Flush it down the toilets or something?”  Juanita asked wanting to know, but before Betty could respond, a familiar voice echoed over everyone else’s…

“Betty!  Mind if I have a word?”  Amber called out, motioning with her finger for Betty to join her over by her bed.

“Sure.”  Betty sighed, as she left the safety and comfort of her friends and entered the lion’s den with Amber.  Once they were alone, Amber just turned and stared at Betty silently.

Betty could tell just from her ‘gotcha’ posture that the plumped-up tyrant had probably just discovered where Betty had so quickly stashed everyone’s contraband prior to the raid.  The continuing silence prompted Betty to ask defensively, “What’s up?”

“Why were you in the cabin, instead of the cafeteria with everyone else, when we started the raid?”  Amber asked in an accusatory fashion while she studied Betty’s face for any sign of discomfort.

“I like to use the bathroom when nobody’s around.  I already told you that.”  Betty replied, as she unconsciously crossed her arms, and then relaxed her posture trying not to assume too defensive of a stance.  In response either knowingly or unknowingly, Amber mimicked her posture.  Putting Betty ill at ease.

“Yeah.  I guess I did already know that. Silly me.”  Amber ended her sentence with a fake giggle clearly trying to catch Betty in a lie.  However, when she opened her mouth again, her tone changed, so much so that it caught Betty off guard, “I feel I owe you… an apology. I’ve suspected you were involved with this cabin’s contraband problem for a while now, and…  It’s clear that I was totally wrong.”

Confused with Amber’s approach, Betty still figured it was some kind of ruse.  Amber hated her.  Betty knew that more than anything.  She was lying too her face right now.  If Amber was saying she thought Betty was innocent, then she really thought she was guilty.  Deciding to try and play some mind games of her own with the blonde, Betty gave her a response she knew she would be expecting, “I mean, you’re not completely wrong.”

“Hmm?”  Amber hummed; her curiosity clearly piqued.

“I did seek out contraband around the start of the summer. I asked an old friend to buy some for me, but she refused.  In doing so she kinda read me the riot act, and I realized I was only sabotaging myself. I’m not going to lie; I hate this camp. I hate coming here every year, but she made me see that part of my suffering was my fault.” Betty partially lied convincingly to her torturer’s face.

“Huh, who did you ask?”  Amber inquired, appearing to buy Betty’s half-truth.

“Sally.  It was stupid.  She could have reported me.  I guess you could now too.”  Betty revealed playing the part of the broken camper quite well.

“I’m not going to report you.  Heck, you’re the only reason cabin nine probably isn’t ranked fifth instead of third. You keep on losing weight, and I’ll keep your little secret.  You can trust me.”  Amber appeared to promise sweetly.

‘Does she even realize she just freaking blackmailed me??’  Betty wondered, while trying to maintain the appearance of compliance, and nodding her head.

Taking Betty’s silence as acquiescence, Amber continued, “Since we’ve got a little circle of trust going on now, do you know who’s supplying all the other campers with contraband?  And where all that contraband might be stashed?”  Amber questioned, wanting to see if she could get anything else out of Betty.

“I don’t know.  I don’t wanna know.  But even if I did know, I’m not a rat.”  Betty firmly gave her answer.

“Of course not.”  Amber nodded appearing to respect Betty’s stance, before sounding a bit patronizing as she repeated, “Of course not.”

Amber said this, all while judgmentally thinking, ‘You’d be more like a fat guinea pig.’

“But do you want my opinion?”  Betty offered.

“Sure.” Amber nodded.

“As long as there is demand for it, campers will find suppliers for contraband.” Betty explained, “That’s always going to happen if this place bans certain foods.”

“Yeah, I think you’re right.”  Amber hummed, clearly not really listening, “Just one more question.”

“Yeah? What’s that?”  Betty wondered, as Amber turned around, and lifted the covers off her bed, and then stepped aside to reveal someone had cut a gash into the side of her mattress and stuffed copious amounts of junk inside of it among the cushion and springs. 

“Which one of you fat brats in this cabin tried to frame me today?”  Amber spat with disgust in her voice.

“I… I’ve got no idea.”  Betty muttered trying to keep her cool.

“It had to be somebody pretty smart.  I mean, if Pack Leader had searched by bed, it would have been my word against my campers.  Seems like somebody was trying to bank on those rumors about me confiscating contraband and hording it for myself to get me in trouble.  And… you were the only one in the cabin before it was raided. You had the opportunity to do this, didn’t you?”  Amber accused with a firm poke to Betty’s belly.

“You weren’t here yesterday.  Anyone could have done it.  Everyone had the opportunity to try and frame you when you were away.  I’m losing weight this summer.  I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.  You are always so quick to blame me for everything, but you don’t have any proof I did anything wrong!”  Betty shot back, throwing Amber’s accusatory tone right back into her face.

Stunned into silence for a moment, Amber considered the merits of Betty’s points, before disregarding them and replying, “You’re right.  I guess it could have been anybody.  And I don’t have any proof it was you.  But I know you did this Betty.  It’s always you.  So, I’m warning you, step out of line again and you’ll regret it.  You’re playing with fire.”

“Noted. Great pep talk.  Am I free to go?”  Betty muttered sensing Amber had played all her cards for now.

“You’re dismissed.”  Amber scoffed, feeling like Betty had gotten her message.  She knew Betty would slip up eventually.  And when she did, Amber planned on being there.

Once Betty retreated, Amber turned to the massive pile of contraband she’d discovered and pondered exactly what to do with it all.  If she reported it to Pack Leader, there was a chance her Aunt wouldn’t believe the truth, that one of her campers had planted it all there to frame her. Part of Amber wanted to recant on the promises she’d made to her campers and force them to endure a grueling workout for the ages as punishment, but she thought better of it for now.  

She considered the option of using the massive pile of contraband stuffed into her mattress as leverage.  She could use the junk as a reward for anyone willing to out the person or person’s smuggling the stuff into the cabin and spoiling her chances of winning cabin of the year.  But such a course of action would certainly be frowned upon by her Aunt.

That just left one thing to do with all of the junk.  Throw it all away.  What better way to punish her campers now that she’d sworn off making them exercise? Once she snatched every single last bit of junk from inside her mattress, she’d throw everything into a bag, march her campers down to the dumpster, and make them watch as she trashed their contraband.

So, Amber grabbed a trash bag, and started the long process of removing all the candy, chips, and other foodstuffs from the inside of her mattress.  It was a longer process than she anticipated and having to stand hunched over for so long in the heat of cabin nine made it an exhausting one.  It was a little while into her endeavor, that Amber felt her stomach begin to rumble. For some reason, everything she was pulling out from under her bed looked incredibly appetizing, even stuff she never ate, like poptarts, and candy bars.

Sparing a glance toward the other side of the cabin, Amber could tell the place was now empty.  As her hungry continued to eat away at her, a greedy thought immerged from the depths of her mind, one that proved far too tempting for the overinflated counselor to resist, ‘Since I’m going to throw it all out anyway…  What difference does it make if I have a little bite of something just to take the edge off?  Nobody’s around.  Nobody will know.  Nobody’s going to find out.  Just one little bite.’

And just like that, Amber ripped open a poptart and took a hearty bite.  The taste was heavenly.  As she chewed, her whole body seemed to savor the flavor, producing a little tingle on the back of her neck.  When she swallowed it, another devilishly irresistible thought entered Amber’s mind, ‘Mhh! That was good! Another bite wouldn’t hurt…’

• 4 weeks later...

Part 38; Sunday, Camp Manitowash; Day 79

A brief silence overcame the various groups of fit counselors enjoying their breakfast. All eyes in the counselor’s lounge turned to view an unusual sight.  A slightly exposed belly, soft and round, protruding forward, jiggling slightly with every step, was among their ranks, and it belonged to none other than Amber Cullins, helping herself to a second chocolate chip muffin.

Some eyes lingered, judgmentally, on the way her matching pair of love handles oozed over the waistband of her black yoga pants, forming an honest to goodness muffin top.  But Aaron’s eyes zoomed in on the surprising depth Amber’s navel now sported, obscuring the shine from her once prized navel ring.  Her once slim waist was non-existent at this point, in its place a single big gut now pooched outward from under the orange camp Manitowash t-shirt that now appeared at least two or three sizes too small for the only officially chubby fat camp counselor chowing down among them.

As she turned to trudge back to her table, keeping her eyes low to the floor to avert eye contact, she clumsily bumped into a chair someone was sitting in, dropping the muffin she’d just ventured over to grab. Bending over to retrieve it from the ground, Aaron and no doubt other onlookers, could spot the outline of Amber’s panties straining to contain the swollen orbs of fat her once flawless ass had ballooned into.  Hurrying to a trash can, Amber chucked her muffin, returned to the pastry table and instead slapped two cream-filled donuts onto her plate before repeating the process of returning to her table without further incident.

Every time Aaron saw Amber in passing, it took longer and longer for him to recognize her.  Her slim and perfect body type had been replaced by one that was far pudgier and heavyset.  She’d expanded to the point, in Aaron’s eyes, she was starting to blend in with some of the campers.  She certainly looked out of place in the counselor’s lounge.  Part of him couldn’t believe she was the same girl he was swapping spit with earlier in the summer.  Amber was looking more and more like her sister each passing week.  It was uncanny.  Genetics loaded the gun, her birth control had pulled the trigger.  He couldn’t help feeling bad for her, as he watched her, from afar, rejoining her considerably slimmer friends.

Sitting down next to Sally, and across from Stacey, Amber’s hand unconsciously stroked down along the pudgy, bloated mound of belly fat that was forcing her inadequate shirt to ride up an embarrassingly high amount, until she reached the waistband of her yoga pants and tugged them up to her belly button in an attempt to obscure the sizeable roll of lower belly fat spilling out onto her lap.  

“Wow, not shying away from desserts, are ya Amber?” Stacey judgmentally inquired with a sh*t-eating grin plastered upon her face.

“Why should I?  It’s not like it matters.”  Amber grunted, while sinking her teeth into her first creamy donut, and then continuing to talk as she chewed, “Thanks to my birth control problems I’ll probably keep putting on weight for the rest of the summer no matter what I eat.  So, what’s the point of starving myself for no reason?”

Amber sounded like a broken woman.  And after the weigh-in yesterday, Sally wasn’t surprised her former counselor was in emotional shambles today.  The look of horror on Amber’s face, and the tears that fell from her softer cheeks when her current weight was broadcast to the other cabins, were etched into her mind.  During the weigh-ins on week seven, Amber fainted at the prospect of weighing 156lbs.

Yesterday, a full month later, during the week 11 weigh-ins, Amber discovered she was up to 185 pounds, one pound heavier than Juanita, the camper she’d just weighed.  She was gaining roughly seven pounds a week, a pound every day.  Such a rapid expansion seemed unbelievable, but seeing was believing, and it sure did look like Amber was swelling up at a breakneck pace. After all, she was now officially heavier than one of the fat campers she was supposed to be a role model for. With three weeks left of camp, it was anybody’s guess how many more campers Amber would outweigh when the summer was all said and done…

“C’mon Amber, maybe try cutting down on the sweets.  You’re supposed to set an example for your campers. What would they think if they saw you pigging out right now?”  Stacey replied not letting up.

“I don’t care what those brats think.  I don’t even care if we win the stupid rankings anymore. As far as I’m concerned, I’m just here for the paycheck from now on.”  Amber mumbled, finishing her first donut in sloppy fashion, and picking up her second.

“You don’t mean that.”  Sally interjected, putting a hand on Amber’s meaty thigh in a show of support.  She was a little taken aback by how soft she felt, but Sally didn’t dare verbalize any such thought.

In response, Amber just glared at her far slimmer coworker and growled defiantly, “Summer can’t end soon enough.  I just want to sort out my birth control, go back to college and get my body and my life back to normal.”

“Then by all means, keep enjoying your dessert.” Stacey added smugly, before grabbing her empty plate and standing up above her pudgy former rival for Aaron’s affections and proclaiming, “I better get going.  I’ve got plans for later.  Big plans.”

“Good for you.  Bye.” Amber spat in response, as Sally mustered a weak wave.  Once Stacey had pranced far enough away from them, Amber muttered under her breath, “B*tch.”

“Yeah, somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  What you eat is none of her business.”  Sally proclaimed trying to show Amber some solidarity before adding, “So, how are you holding up after yesterday?”

“Not well.”  Amber admitted, taking a small bite of her second donut before continuing with her mouth full, “but because I cried my eyes out, and because it’s not my fault that I’ve been putting on weight, Pack Leader said she’ll excuse me from any further weigh-ins.  So, that’s a silver lining.”

“Good, good.”  Sally hummed, as she removed her hand from Amber’s thick thighs and watched as the formerly flawless vixen continue to eat her donut without remorse.  She’d never seen Amber chow down so carelessly before. It was like she was possessed by a fat ghost or something.  Or under some type of voodoo spell…

“Doesn’t change the fact that I’ve turned into a hideous ton of lard, this summer, but it’s better than nothing.”  Amber sighed with a third bite of her donut, leaving only a little piece left in her hands that was dripping with creamy custard.

“Amber, you’re not hideous.  You’ve gained some weight, pretty fast, but you still look really good.” Sally replied, trying to cheer her up.

“You can save the body positivity bullsh*t for someone who cares, I don’t need your pity Sally.  I’ve outgrown all my clothes this summer and I’m starting to outgrow all the clothes I borrowed from my sister.  Aaron’s repulsed by me.  I…  I look like a soccer mom!”  Amber ranted conveying her irritability this morning.

“Amber,”  Sally muttered trying to think of something to say.

“Enough Sally, I don’t want to hear it right now.  I just want to enjoy my donut in peace.  Is that too much to ask for?”  Amber babbled over her.

“No.  Go ahead.” Sally chirped letting it go, as Amber thrust what remained of her donut into her mouth and in the process, spilled a gob of creamy custard right upon her breasts.

“Jesus f*cking christ…  How are fat girls supposed to eat?”  Amber lamented, as she grabbed a napkin from the table and tried to wipe off her shirt, “I might just let my tits hang out at this point, no matter what I do I keep spilling stuff on them.”

Sally watched silently, mesmerized by Amber’s attempts to clean herself up.  It was so odd.  Once upon a time, Sally’s own body had been far fatter than Amber’s currently was, and Sally remembered the problems she’d once endured thanks to having larger breasts, a larger belly, larger, well, everything.  It annoyed her a little bit, Amber calling herself fat.  Amber was bigger, sure, but she only thought she was fat because she used to weigh 119 pounds.  That was her reference point.  Sally remembered getting down to 185 pounds and feeling skinny.  Perception was a funny thing.

‘I wonder how Amber will feel about how she weighs now, if she gets even bigger…’  Sally couldn’t help but wonder to herself.

Registering Sally’s silence about what she just said as a sign to change the subject, that’s exactly what Amber did.

“What did you think Stacey meant when she said she had plans later?”  Amber questioned, as she finished cleaning herself, and Sally snapped out of her funk.

“Oh, I don’t know.”  Sally hummed unconvincingly.

Turning her softened face, Amber locked her gaze on Sally’s nervous eyes, “I know you know.  If you wanna make me feel better, spill the beans.”

“I don’t think knowing would make you feel better.”  Sally shrugged innocently.

Letting out a disappointed sigh, Amber replied knowingly, “She’s hanging out with Aaron.  Isn’t she?”

“Down by the lake, after dark.  Sorry Amber.” Sally prattled, unable to keep Stacey’s secret to herself.  

“Don’t be sorry for me.  It’s whatever.  I’m so totally over him anyway.”  Amber shrugged reaching for her plate only to frown when she discovered it was empty, “Do you wanna maybe split a donut with me?  I’m usually not this hungry in the morning, but it’s like nothing is hitting the spot right now.”

“I know that feeling.  Sure, I’ll split one with you.”  Sally hummed in agreement.

“Thanks Sally.  You’re a good friend.”  Amber replied, briefly placing her hand on Sally’s and squeezing it to express her appreciation. 

“Thanks.  So are you.” Sally nodded, as she watched Amber heave herself out of her chair and sway her widened hips back over to the pastry table.  She couldn’t help but notice that compared to Stacey’s ** backside, Amber’s had hers beat in the girth department by a long shot.  It was really obvious when she bent over to grab the donut…  No, two donuts…  No, three?

As Sally saw Amber reach for a fourth donut, she couldn’t help, but wonder with a little worry in the back of her mind, ‘How many donuts does Amber plan on splitting with me?’

• 2 weeks later...

Part 39; Sunday night, Camp Manitowash; Day 79

After spending the better part of her morning lazing around the counselor’s lounge and eating her feelings, Amber spent the afternoon sweating her brains out in the hot summer sun hanging out with and kissing the fat asses of her entitled campers in an attempt to continue winning their trust and sympathy, all so they’d continue to fall in line without resisting her.  She only got some time to herself when the sun began to set.  However, Amber couldn’t just relax and read a book or something because she knew that Stacey was going to try and put the moves on Aaron. 

So, just before the sun finished setting, Amber rinsed off in the shower and changed into fresh clothes before headed over to lake Manitowash.  She didn’t know what she was going to do, or if she would even do anything, but at the very least, she needed to know what was going on between them.  Aaron wasn’t her man anymore, but that didn’t mean she wanted Stacey to have him.  He deserved better than that bottom-heavy b*tch.

The lake’s beach area had a little wooden watchtower that served as the lifeguard station for counselors when they were assigned lake duty.  Counselors didn’t need to be up there unless people were in the water, so when the sun went down, the place was always deserted. It was the perfect place for a little stakeout.  Amber even had some food stashed up there to snack on while she waited.

A week ago, after the raid on cabin nine, Amber had been overcome by an uncontrollable hunger and as a result, was unable to resist indulging in the contraband her campers had stashed within her bed.  After shamefully eating her fill that night, she marched the remainder of the trash bag she’d filled with contraband to the dumpster, but after enjoying her shameful little binge session, she couldn’t bring herself to just throw it all away. It seemed like such a waste.  So many aspects of her life were depressing her at the moment, she needed a little reliable joy where she could find it.  So, instead of throwing it away, she stashed it in an unused cooler in the lifeguard station and buried the cooler under a pile of stuff typically kept up there, floaties, a first aid kit, and a blanket.

When Amber arrived at the lifeguard station and climbed up the old wooden ladder, her first thought wasn’t to snack on her secret stash of goodies, but after grabbing the binoculars from the box of lifeguard equipment and seeing that the beach area was completely deserted, snacking seemed like a good way to pass the time until Stacey and Aaron arrived.

For the better part of an hour, Amber sat within the lifeguard station, waiting, watching, and munching on contraband.  Her hunger this week was unreal.  She’d never experienced food cravings like this before, but Amber chalked it up to stopping her birth control.  She couldn’t fight it, so she didn’t.  She just ate when she was hungry, and this week it felt like she was always hungry.

Once the sun went down, the moon began to rise and Amber continued grazing on junk without much thought.  Her brain was trying to figure out if it was a full moon tonight, if it wasn’t, it was pretty darn close.  The shores of the lake glowed in the moonlight.  It was a pretty romantic setting, one which Amber could only dream of sharing with Aaron now that that ship had sailed.

Growing increasingly stuffed from how much junk she was packing away in her moody state, Amber paused her binge to lower the waistband of the overly tight black gym shorts she’d raided from her sister’s closet.  Her belly needed room to expand, unhindered, any resistance against it was increasingly uncomfortable.  Luckily for Amber, the grey tank top she’d squeezed into was very stretchy, although it didn’t quite have enough fabric for the hem of the shirt to conceal the roll of lower belly fat she’d developed this summer.

As Amber’s hands traced the rounded state of her bloated gut partially in shock of how large it had swollen, she heard footsteps in the distance. Groaning, as she got to her feet, Amber quickly hid her contraband back where she originally stashed it. Then, she carefully poked her head up enough to spy two figures approaching in the distance. One was tall and broad, it had to be Aaron.  The other was certainly pear-shaped, it was obviously Stacey.  Grabbing the binoculars, Amber was relieved to see they weren’t holding hands or anything, but Aaron was carrying a blanket.  That worried Amber.  She prayed she wasn’t about to witness her summer crush hooking up with her b*tchy frenemy.

Amber watched, as her swollen stomach fluttered with nerves, while the two of them set up their little blanket on the beach by the water and laid down next to each other to apparently stargaze.  They’d set things up by the far edge of the beach, by the brush and tall grass. Amber could see they were talking, and she could hear Stacey’s annoying laugh every so often, but she couldn’t hear what they were saying from her position.

So, as the fullness in her stomach worsened because of her nerves, Amber decided to try and sneak closer.  Quietly, she climbed down the lifeguard station’s ladder, careful not to bump her belly into any of the wooden bars, and then tip toed her way off the beach and over to the grass.  From there she got low, and crawled behind the brush and tall grass in order to get close enough to make out what they were saying.  Crawling around on her hands and knees was surprisingly tiring for someone so thoroughly stuffed to the gills, Amber actually found herself getting winded once she was within a distance that she could hear them.  So, she laid down, tried to catch her breath quietly, and just listened to what they were saying.

“It’s your turn.  Truth or dare.”  Amber could hear Stacey chirp in her annoyingly smitten sounding voice.

“Umm… Truth.”  Aaron replied.

“Ugh!  Again? Boring.  Why don’t you wanna try a dare?”  Her voice droned conveying her impatience.

“Because I don’t want to commit to doing something I’m not comfortable with.”  He quickly responded.

‘Typical shy Aaron.’  Amber smiled to herself.

“Why do you assume you wouldn’t be comfortable with one of my dare’s?”  Stacey shot back.

He paused, but then replied, “What would you dare me to do?”

“Say dare.  And find out.”  Stacey tried to push him clearly flirting.

“I guess I’m not much of a dare type of guy.”  

It took everything Amber had inside her not to let out a sigh of relief in response to his statement.  He really wasn’t a dare type of guy.  Hopefully he wasn’t a Stacey type of guy either.

“Alright, fine.  Here’s something I want the truth about.  Do you like me?”  Stacey questioned with a hint of vulnerability.

Amber held her breath.

“Of course.”  Came his response.

“More than Amber?”  Stacey then added.

“What?”

“Do you like me more than Amber?”  Stacey clarified, as Amber began to feel lightheaded from holding her breath, remembering to breathe, Amber could feel her heart starting to beat faster.  The pause before Aaron’s response felt like an eternity.  So much so, that her stomach started to hurt a little bit from her nervous anticipation. Or perhaps it was hurting because she’d eaten too much junk today.  Either way, Amber’s pain listening to this conversation was both emotional and physical.

“Umm… I like you both.”  He finally replied satisfying neither Stacey nor the eavesdropping Amber laying uncomfortably in the tall grass nearby on her swollen stomach.

“Answer the question, Aaron.  Who do you like better?  Me?” Stacey paused, before bursting louder with distaste, “Or the whale.”

Amber’s jaw dropped in response to Stacey’s insult.  Her softened body tensed up.  She was going into fight or flight mode listening to this.

“Why do you have to do that?”  Aaron questioned sounding displeased.

“What? I feel for the girl.  It's gotta be annoying when she's just trying to enjoy the beach, and Greenpeace keeps showing up with tractors trying to tow her back into the water. Hahaha!”  Stacey laughed in her annoying way.

Meanwhile, Amber’s cheeks were burning red from both embarrassment and anger.

“Not funny.”  Aaron replied sternly.

‘Yeah, not funny b*tch!’  Amber thought in agreement.

“What’s your problem?  You dodged a bullet, dumping Amber when you did.”  Stacey prattled, as Amber’s stomach continued to feel worse and worse listening to this.  She couldn’t handle hearing them talk about her so bluntly.

“I didn’t dump her.  She dumped me.”  Aaron answered sounding defensive.

“Well either way, you lucked out not being with her anymore.  She’s really let herself go this summer.  You deserve someone who takes care of themselves.”  Stacey fired back.

“Go easy on Amber.  It’s not her fault.  I heard her birth control has…”  Aaron started to explain, but he was cut off.

“Whether it’s her fault or not, you have to admit she’s looked better.”  Stacey replied not backing off.

“She still looks...”  Aaron gulped hesitantly, “fine.”

‘Fine?’  Amber thought to herself, as her heart felt like it was breaking all over again.

“When was the last time you’ve seen an eye-doctor?  May be time for you to have a check up.”  Stacey joked, “That whale of a woman looks like the girl who ate Amber Cullins.”

“Quit it Stacey.  That’s enough.”  Aaron growled sounding like he was getting to his feet.

“What did I say?”  Stacey questioned.

“You’re being mean.  And you know it.”  Aaron answered her before storming off.

“Aaron! Aaron!  Wait!  Don’t go! Aaron!”  Stacey called, storming after him.

The two of them prattled on, but the sound of Minesota wildlife began to drown them out the moment they started stomping away.  Trying to see where they were going, Amber crouched upward and could barely make out the silhouettes of Aaron and Stacey hurrying past the lifeguard station and back to camp.

Wobbling to her feet, Amber clutched her stomach.  She felt sick.  Depressed. And fat.  Noticing they’d left their blanket behind, Amber wandered out of the brush, onto the beach and then onto the blanket.  She lay down right next to where Aaron had been laying and just imagined he was still there with her.

Shedding a tear for the way Aaron had described her appearance reluctantly as, ‘fine’ she looked to the stars, cradled her upset stomach, and wondered why her luck was so bad.  It was obvious from his town that her plumped up figure was certainly not ‘fine’ in his eyes. Aaron was just being nice.  Aaron was always nice…  

Amber probably lay there drowning in her misery for 10 or 15 minutes before the pain in her stomach began to finally subside, only to be replaced by something else. Hunger.

She didn’t know how it was possible to feel so full, yet so insatiably hungry.  She didn’t know why her body yearned for her to delve back into her stash just across the way in the lifeguard station, but she had nothing better to do, so that’s what she set her mind on doing.  Lying on her back as she was, it was difficult for Amber to just sit quickly upright as she used to.  Her abdominal muscles had turned to mush along with the rest of her formerly fit physique.  So, now she had to awkwardly roll to her side and push herself up with her arms.  It was a slower process of getting to her feet, but once she was there, she couldn’t shake the feeling that she had an annoying air bubble stuck in her throat.

Trudging across the beach, Amber beat her chest a few times to try and nudge the air out, but had no such luck.  It was only about when she’d reached the lifeguard stand, that a figure approaching in the distance caused the air to surge out of her in fear…

*BURP!!!*

“Hey! No camper’s allowed on the beach after sundown!”  Aaron’s voice called out in the distance as he began trotting toward her.

Instantly humiliated over being mistaken for a fat camper by her former summer fling, Amber didn’t wait for Aaron to trot over to her and discover his mistake.  She took off running across the beach and into the woods.  She’d take the long way back to cabin nine.  Anything was better than confronting Aaron under such humiliating circumstances.

She didn’t know if he gave chase.  She didn’t turn around to look.  She just kept running, as fast as her heavier, less-coordinated body would allow. Gasping for air after the better part of a minute sprinting away, Amber’s lungs burned painfully.  Once upon a time, she loved the burn a good run gave her lungs and body, but right now the lactic acid building up in her weakened and tubbier legs felt like death.  Her stomachache had returned, she felt like throwing up.

Slowing her pace considerably so as not to pass out, Amber spared a look behind her and was pleased that she didn’t see Aaron trailing her.  Turning back in toward the camp, she should have given up her slow trot for a walk, because the second she turned, her foot got caught on a root causing her to trip.

“F*ck!” Amber cursed falling to the ground and scraping her knee against a jagged root, “Ouch!  Why couldn’t I have landed on my fat f*cking ass!?”

Covered in dirt, out of breath, and seething in anger, Amber just sprawled out for a moment and let out a pained grunt.  Weighed down by her swollen belly and exhausted extremities, Amber didn’t move an inch for a few moments.  She just lay there catching her breath, replaying the events that had just happened again and again in her mind.  Aaron, the guy she wanted to be with more than anyone else, had just mistaken her for a fat camper.

“Just f*cking great.”  Amber muttered to herself, unable to keep from blushing thanks to the humiliation of it all.

Part 40; Monday Night, Camp Manitowash; Day 80

Midnight was approaching and Betty lay in bed far too excited to fall asleep.  Tonight was the night she could finally resume her sabotage of Amber’s formerly flawless figure.  It took Stacey a full week, but finally she delivered and refilled the quantities of contraband Amber had seized and disposed of a week earlier.  A few of her co-conspirators, Alison and Juanita, were actually buying Amber’s apparent change of heart brought about by her change in circumstances, but luckily, she and Jessie knew better and had managed to convince them to fork over enough money to fuel their fattening revenge for at least one more week.

Gossip around the camp seemed to always revolve around Amber, and if the war they were waging was being fought in the court of public opinion, sympathy it seemed now lay with this plumper, less intimidating, version of Amber.  For some reason people were buying her excuse, that her birth control was responsible for her rapid accumulation of weight this summer.  How fortunate for Amber that her weight gain was excusable, so much for: 

“genetics load the gun and habits pull the trigger.”

Amber had abandoned her modo, the same way she had abruptly abandoned her harsher weight loss methods.  Campers had largely quit resisting her.  After months of suffering under her cruelty they were finally buying into the general weight-loss program of the camp, all because by comparison, it wasn’t as bad as what Amber had put them through before.  But to be sure, it was still bad, still something worth resisting, still something worth fighting against.  But, perception was subjective.  Betty couldn’t control anybody else, but she had the power to ensure Amber didn’t escape the karma she had coming to her after years of making Betty’s life personably miserable every summer.

Just as Betty was about to get up from her bed and make good on her thoughts of retribution, a noise from across the cabin halted her motion.  It was coming from Amber’s room.  Laying still, Betty waited and listened, trying to understand what was happening.  Amber was a deep sleeper.  An extremely deep sleeper.  She had never once remotely come close to waking up prematurely all summer.  Not even to get up and go to the bathroom.

Yet here she was.  Sounding like she was out of bed and moving around.

Rolling to her side and sneaking a peek, Betty could spy in the darkness that Amber was clothed in black, most likely black yoga pants, and a black tank top, and putting on her shoes.

‘Where are you going this late at night?’  Betty wondered to herself, ‘Off to visit your boyfriend or something?  I’m surprised he hasn’t dumped you yet.’

Moving slowly to ensure her footsteps were quiet, the old wood of cabin nine’s floors still creaked with every step.  Amber had gotten a little too heavy to be as light on her feet as she’d used to be.  Nevertheless, Amber succeeded in sneaking out of the cabin, leaving Betty unsure of what to do next.

Getting out of bed, Betty’s first instinct was to follow her.  So, that’s exactly what she did, after scrambling to throw on some socks and shoes.

It was hot outside, dark and surprisingly loud thanks to all the crickets.  Luckily, Betty’s eyes detected movement heading in the direction of the lake, so that’s the direction Betty quickly followed.  Sticking to the shadows, Betty was fast enough to see a dark figure with what looked to be a big bubbly butt, climbing into the lifeguard station.

Betty waited for a few moments, making sure her terror of a counselor wouldn’t rapidly reemerge and spot her.  Then she found a spot a little closer that was safely hidden behind a tree.  Poking out from the side to glance at the lifeguard station in the distance, Betty wondered if Amber was meeting someone up there.  It made her angry that any boy would still be giving her the time of day after her transformation from exceptional to unexceptional this summer.

However, before she could speculate further, Amber’s plump figure emerged from the station looking like she was carrying something…

A bag…

“A trash bag…”  Betty mused, quietly to herself, as her brain suddenly exploded with speculation.

‘Our contraband??  I thought Amber threw that out.  What’s she doing with it still?’

As Amber climbed back down the ladder, she began hurrying off in the direction of the camp’s dumpsters.  They lay on the edge of camp near the forest since raccoons and such were always trying to sneak in and eat their fill.  They were not a far walk from the lake’s beach.

Careful not to let Amber lose her, but also careful not to get so close as to give herself away, Betty kept her blonde counselor in her sights.  Before long, Amber chucked the bag she was carrying on top of a closed dumpster, slapped her hands against her thicker thighs, maybe trying to clean them off or something, and then proceeded to head back in the direction of cabin nine, which was the very direction Betty was located in, hiding behind yet another tree, except this one wasn’t as big as the first one she’d hidden behind.

Carefully creeping to the left to keep the trunk of the tree fully between herself and Amber as the temperamental counselor passed by, Betty held her breath during the process, feeling quite nervous about potentially getting caught.  However, such fears appeared unfounded.  Amber seemed more concerned with not getting caught herself than discovering that anyone might be crazy enough to be tailing her in the middle of the night.

Knowing she’d never beat Amber back to cabin nine, Betty didn’t sweat it.  She knew Amber wouldn’t spare a passing glance at her bunk.  Amber didn’t care about her.  Not one bit.

Instead, once Amber was out of the picture, Betty snuck out from her hiding place and over toward the dumpsters.  Reaching up and grabbing the bag Amber had tossed upon one of them, she wondered why Amber didn’t unlock one of the dumpsters and throw it inside.  While Betty untied the bag to check its contents, she figured that perhaps Amber had been worried that opening one of the dumpsters might make too much noise or something.

Either way, Betty was more concerned with confirming her suspicions.  If the bag she was holding was the bag of contraband, why did Amber wait a week to throw it away?  She knew Amber didn’t report it to Pack Leader Thompson, hence it made sense to get rid of it when nobody was watching, but why wait a week?

While Betty’s brain continued to pose questions and form theories, once she untied the bag and looked inside.  The truth became clear.

“Huh… I thought it felt way too light…”  Betty muttered to herself, discovering that not a single morsel of contraband remained, just the trash.

That left one real question remaining.

“Where did it all go?”  Betty whispered out loud, knowing in her heart that there was only one real answer to that question…

“Amber…”

“She couldn’t have…”

“Could she?”

Betty couldn’t resist smiling at the thought of her counselor’s once unquestionable self-control finally crumbling after weeks of unknowing overindulgence.

“This is too good to be true.”  Betty giggled to herself.  Not only had she succeeded in ruining Amber’s prized figure, but she’d also ruined Amber’s self-control, the one thing, above all else, Amber would need to eventually reclaim her formerly flawless throne.

Maybe the rumors about Amber stealing cabin nine’s contraband and feasting on it had been false at one point in time, but now they were true.  Of course, Betty didn’t have hard evidence, but that knowledge in itself was its own reward.  She could sabotage Amber when she was unconscious, but now, thanks to Amber’s apparent weakened resistance to such sugary temptations, maybe Betty could ensure Amber was consciously sabotaging herself too…

Betty took her time getting back to cabin nine.  She wanted to give Amber plenty of time to fall into a deep sleep before she did what she was originally planning on doing tonight.  It was nearing 1:30AM when Betty felt brave enough to re-enter the cabin.  To her relief, everything seemed normal.  Everyone was in bed, asleep.  Even Amber.

Heading over to her own bed, Betty grabbed her new stash of contraband and decided to get to work.  Approaching Amber, Betty looked down upon the sleeping camp counselor.  It was hot enough that she hadn’t elected to cover herself with a blanket or covers.  Instead, Amber just lay there clothed in nothing, but an elastic cotton bralette and a pair of granny panties pulled up over the rounded nature of her gut.  With every breath that she took though, the waistband could be seen visibly straining to contain the full girth of her rapidly expanding potbelly.  Once upon a time, only a tiny amount of pudge had accumulated upon Amber’s stomach, now it had grown to encompass her whole enlarged waist.

“How the mighty have fallen.”  Betty hummed to herself under her breath, as she gazed lower, at Amber’s thighs.  Along with her hips, and that big butt of hers, the shape of Amber, once clearly more of an hourglass, was becoming more and more bottom-heavy with each passing day.  Amber’s hips were well on their way to spreading past the point most people would consider desirable.  Her butt and thighs had swelled enough with fat that they each jiggled when she walked.  Satisfied, Betty lifted her gaze, focusing on Amber’s arms, and then her face.

“It looks like you’re not going to miss out on chubbier arms, and a double chin.”  Betty taunted her sleeping antagonist, “You’re going to have the full fat girl experience in no time.”

Sitting down on the bed, Betty noticed, with a certain sense of pride, that she didn’t sink into the mattress as much as she used to.  It made sense, she’d lost about 58 pounds of fat so far this summer, more than she’d ever lost before.  She weighed less now, at around 210 pounds, than she had in years.  She still felt fat, but the difference was quite noticeable.  A weight had been lifted from her shoulders and planted firmly on Amber’s.

With that final thought, Betty started feeding her tormentor.  Just has she had done all summer prior to last week.

She fed Amber candy, and chips, empty calories, upon empty calories, and in her sleep, Amber was quite the glutton.  It was like the unconscious Amber had missed her nightly nourishment or something.  She was practically purring with delight, every time Betty shoved something within reach of her greedy tongue, and this was only the beginning.

“Someone’s being feisty tonight.”  Betty commented unable to help herself in response to Amber’s continued unconscious enthusiasm, while she grabbed two bags of miniature chocolate donuts, “Don’t worry, I’ll fill you up nice and good.  Gotta keep fattening you up.”

No sooner did those words leave Betty’s lips than a frown formed on the blonde counselor’s fuller face. 

In response, Betty played along, “I’m sorry.  My mistake.  I’m not fattening you up.  It’s that pesky birth control of yours.”

The fact that Amber’s little unconscious frown disappeared after hearing that, annoyed Betty to no end.

“I was joking.  Give me a break.  You might be fooling the others, but you can’t fool me.  Liar.  I’m responsible for your weight gain this summer.  Well… Most of it.  You’ve been sneaking food recently, haven’t you tubby?”  Betty playfully teased, while she gazed upon the increasingly bloated look of Amber’s tummy.  The plump counselor’s granny panties were really beginning to struggle to contain the full girth of her pouching belly.

Deciding to give Amber the first donut in the bag she was holding, Betty thought out loud to herself,  “I would give anything to hear what the skinny b*tch you used to be from the beginning of the summer would have to say to the chubby b*tch you’ve become.”

Pausing to wipe a few crumbs from Amber’s cheek, Betty couldn’t resist using her imagination to sort of roleplay what that particular interaction might look like.  If the fit and flawless version of Amber confronted the considerably plumper flawed version of herself snoozing in front of Betty.

The scene was so vivid in her brain, the look of disgust and bewilderment on the fit Amber’s face, and the look of embarrassment and shame upon her fatter counterpart upon them running into each other.  Betty couldn’t resist saying the words, as she thought them, she knew the skinny version of Amber would burst out in surprise first, “You’re me?  From the future?  How’d you get so fat?  And you better give me the truth, I don’t want to end up a fat loser like you.”

As Betty grabbed another donut and began the process of feeding Amber, she replied for the sleeping chubby girl, “Ugh!  How dare you!  I am not fat!  You’re so rude!”

Upon feeding Amber another donut, and watching the blonde’s lips ravenously welcome the fattening treat, Betty responded for the fit version of Amber she was imagining, “Then what do you call that big blob of a belly flopping over the waistband of your tight shorts?”

“It’s… It’s just water retention!”  Betty deflected like she imagined the current inflated version of Amber probably would.

Betty plopped another donut into Amber’s sleeping mouth and continued imagining the scene in her head.  Skinny Amber would call fat Amber’s bluff, probably being so bold as to grab and jiggle her ** belly.  Replying as fit Amber, Betty whispered, “Look, your belly doesn’t feel like water being retained, it feels like flab jiggling.  Face it, you’re getting fat Amber.”  

“It’s not my fault Amber!”  Betty muttered in reply, as she approached the point in the scenario she’d been building too, the fat version of Amber pulling out her trump card, “It was my birth control…”

Shoving another donut down Amber’s throat, Betty wasn’t stopping to pause or think, she knew the fit and b*tchy version of Amber better than anyone, so the words she imagined next felt completely authentic, “Heeeere we go.  You think birth control caused you to gain 50 pounds in two and a half months?  Let me stop you right there! Birth control can be blamed for water retention but not body fat gain.  Only a calorie surplus will cause someone to gain so much shameful body fat.”

Keeping the donuts coming every other sentence, Betty grabbed her second bag and didn’t stop.  She imagined a fattened Amber might reply, “I haven’t been overeating!”

And then fit Amber would counter, “The scale begs to differ.  Your thighs beg to differ.  Your big butt begs to differ.  Your waistline begs to differ.  Your breasts beg to differ.  Even your face begs to differ.  The damage is pretty substantial, but you could still lose the weight.  Your body’s not past the point of no return, yet.”

“You have to believe me!  It’s not my fault I gained weight!  My birth control messed with my hormones!  Seriously!”  The plump Amber cried like a spoiled child.

“Tsk tsk tsk.”  Betty imagined fit Amber would fire back, “Taking no accountability and blaming it all on birth control.  I never thought I’d see the day.  You sound like one of the campers.  And you’re starting to look like one too.  Admit it, you’re just lazy.  And making bad food choices.”

“I am not!  My birth control is the only reason I’m getting bigger!”  Plump Amber would proclaim.

“Hmm?” Fit Amber would hum skeptically, “Is ‘Birth control’ code for ‘overeating?’   

“N-no.”  The plump and embarrassed version of Amber would mutter.

“Then which birth control are you on, if you don’t mind me asking?”  The fit version of Amber would confidently question.  Intending to do what she always did, inflict maximum damage to force her opponent to concede.  She wouldn’t give the fattened and unconfident future version of herself a chance to answer, she’d just keep on the attack.  If she smelled blood in the water, the old version of Amber was like a shark, “How many calories are in birth control?  None.  I think I know what’s happened here.  Hmm, I didn’t know overeating was birth control, but I guess in a sense… making yourself fat is great birth control.  Nobody’s going to want to have sex with you if you keep fattening up like you have been this summer.  As big as your breasts have gotten, they’re not growing at the same rate as that unsightly gut and butt of yours.  No, no.  One day, not too far from now, your thighs are going to be larger than the circumference that your waist use to be when it was still slim.  Each bodacious butt cheek will be the size of a fully inflated beachball.  And that gut of yours, oh that gut of yours.  That gut of yours is going to be so globular and fat that it will make your modest bust increase look like they’ve imploded by comparison.  Then you’ll be fat and alone forever.  Well, not alone.  You’ll always have food to comfort you.  Fatass.  Well?  What do you have to say for yourself piggy??  It better not be Oink Oink!”

*Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppp!!*  The actual sleeping Amber loudly belched, after gulping down somewhere between her thirtieth or fiftieth mini donut in a row.  Nearly causing Betty to have a heart attack.  She thought Amber had woken up and had caught her red handed.

Taking a few moments to catch the breath that had just been scared out of her, Betty patted Amber’s swollen gut, and teased, “Don’t belch with your mouth full fatty.  It’s bad manners.”

Feeling the densely packed nature of Amber’s gut, Betty muttered to herself, “I guess that will do it.  Rest easy piggy.  I’ll see you tomorrow, same time, same place.”

Betty was about to clean up, before she remembered the melatonin.

“You look like you couldn’t eat another bite, but then again, when have you ever refused?”  Betty giggled, as she fed the sleeping Amber two melatonin gummies and cheered, “Have fun sleeping in.”