From Impressive to Immense: The Story of Indi Hartwell's Broken Heart.

Guest ratetankmark

Guest ratetankmark

(Hey, guys and gals, another wrestling one today, just got the idea thanks to the really hilarious Indi Hartwell and Dexter Lumis interactions on NXT and it gave me the idea that Indi maybe becomes despondent over her belief that Dexter Lumis no longer loves her like she loves him; not to give too much away, but I hope you guys like it and I urge you to look up the InDex ship, it's really fucking hilarious; interested to hear your thoughts, though.)

e5395581eb53137f96ea6289ee5f30ce3e1271c8

d8d2b97d31912cd34e5190ddad2c70ac0861a2b5

"Indi, no, I am NXT North American Champion and I say that you're not going to see Dexter Lumis, is that clear, young lady?!" the NXT North American Champion and leader of The Way faction Johnny Gargano barked out, sounding more and more like a frustrated father as Candice LeRae, his wife and tag team partner with the person that this yelling was aimed at, Indi Hartwell, tried to keep the peace. 

"Now, Johnny, she's old enough to make her own decisions, but maybe dial it down a bit." Candice tried to smooth things over as Indi just folded her arms and rolled her eyes, seeming very much like a spoilt teenage daughter as the young woman just mockingly repeated what Johnny said in a petty and childish way, even sticking her tongue out slightly for good measure.

"Indi! Don't be like that; Johnny's just trying to help, Dexter's not good for you and, well, he is the NXT North American Champion" Austin Theory chimed in, who was very much the meathead of the group, a million dollar body and all the potential in the world, but to say he had a 'nickle for a mind' was giving the young man too much credit and Indi just shot a death glare to the slightly younger man; the raven haired Australian snapped out, holding her half of the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships that she held with Candice. 

"Yeah, well this is the NXT Women's Tag Team Championships" Indi even placed Candice's belt on the other shoulder in an attempt to assert herself against the wishes of her 'NXT parents' "I now have two titles, so that means I have more gold than you, so I AM going to see Dexter!" Indi responded as she adjusted her black 'The Way' t-shirt and proved her point by storming out of the locker-room, leaving her stable mates just standing there. 

"She still has your title." Austin remarked, as if Candice and Johnny hadn't figured that out, prompting the parents of the faction to just give a synchronised turn towards Austin and give him a glare that even Austin Theory would get meant 'Shut the fuck up, Austin' as Johnny put his hands on his hips, pacing backwards and forwards as he tried to get his brain to start working, he needed his group as full attention and they couldn't Lead The Way if Indi was too focused on Dexter. 

"We need to do something, Candice; we've got to stop her, without her hating us, we've got to get Lumis out of the picture, out of The Way." Johnny stated in a frantic way, Austin was about to say something about the quip of 'Out of the Way' but, without even looking at him, Johnny just raised one hand and said with an exasperated sigh. "Yes, Austin, I know what I said." as Candice put her hand on her husbands shoulder and gave him a firm nod. 

"I've got this...besides, she has my half of the title." Candice said as the petite veteran of the indy scene made her way out of the room to follow Indi and hopefully get her to stop this pursuit of the silent, creepy Dexter Lumis, who only Indi seemed to be smitten with, there was no proof that Dexter even felt the same way about her considering he hadn't said one word in the nearly 1 year he'd been in NXT.

---------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Indi was busy looking around, searching for Dexter, the silent, unnerving and almost serial killer like Dexter gave off the vibes that he wasn't really the type for romance, but Indi seemed to taken that as a sign of affection, considering she constantly pined for Dexter, even though he hadn't said one single word to her. Indi muttered to herself as she tried to give herself the confidence boost needed to find Dexter and maybe ask him out on a date. 

"You can do this, you're Impressive Indi Hartwell, Indi Wrestling...you've got this, you're going to just play it cool, I mean, you're the coolest of the cool, you're one half of the NXT Women's Tag Team Champions!" Indi talked to herself in a backstage mirror that was often used for the women wrestlers to have make-up put on, Indi was so busy giving herself a pep-talk that she didn't even realise that the silent, menacing reflection of Dexter Lumis was behind her. 

Dexter went to put a hand on her shoulder only for Indi to tear her shoulder away, not really clicking that the object of her affection was right behind her, but as soon as Indi tore her shoulder away, her eyes comically widened as her attempts to 'play it cool' went right out the window as she span around with a stumble and caught herself on the shoulders of Dexter, who, again, showed no emotion and didn't say a single word. 

"Dexter, hi...wha-what a surprise, erm, I'm sorry, I was meaning to ask you something...if you're OK with it? Maybe we could go and get something to eat? Like...you can even paint me like one of your French girls, but I'm Australian, so we'll make it work." Indi smirked a bit, her attempts at flirting, again, didn't get much of a reaction from Dexter, but the big, loving smile on Indi's face showed how in love she was with the man.

The moustache sporting Lumis looked at Indi up and down and, silently, pulled out a half price voucher for a restaurant as Indi's smile grew even wider as she looked at Dexter and gave a big, endearing squeal as she wanted to just throw her arms around Dex, but she didn't want to show that she was too smitten with him. "I'll see you around, then? Meet me at the place by 6?" Indi smiled and watched as Dexter, again, just silently walked away. 

---------------

Later

Indi had smartened herself up, she had genuinely made an effort, she had Candice apply some make-up, telling her 'mum' that it was for a party with some family from Australia, she wore a lovely black dress and a pearl necklace. She was currently sitting at the restaurant that she and Dexter had agreed to meet at. She looked at her phone and realised that Dexter was half an hour late, which sort of concerned her, but she brushed it off. 

"Ma'am, can I interest you in a starter?" a waiter came up to her as Indi looked up at the man and nodded "Sure, some soup would be nice; I'm just waiting for a special someone." Indi's big, beaming smile showed how happy she was. But, of course, not everyone in her life wanted her to be that happy, especially not The Way, who weren't too focused on Indi's happiness with a scheme that they had cooked up. 

Dexter was currently backstage, Johnny had pulled a trick out of Dexter's own book and used a chloroform soaked rag to cover over Dexter's mouth to knock him out, this was after a double team beatdown from Johnny and Austin. After that, the group had thrown Dexter into a dark room, a one where he often hung out and expressed his artistic vision, the room was filled with drawings of hearts; showing a somewhat softer side to the silent man. 

"So, he's knocked out and locked in his room? We should use that with Austin."  Candice smirked, before she snickered evilly as she had taken Dexter's phone and decided to break Indi's heart in an attempt to keep her focus and getting her to stop pining for Dexter; Candice texted Indi from Dexter's phone and she imagined that Dexter was as quiet via text as he was in a face to face 'conversation'.

'We're done, Indi'

Indi had just finished her soup starter and was getting more worried about where Dexter was, before she felt a buzzing in her bag and fished her phone out of it, her grin widening as she saw that it was from Dexter, but, as she read the 'We're Done, Indi' text, her grin turned to confusion as she texted back.

'What do you mean? We haven't even started yet; where are you, Dex?"

Johnny peered over Candice's shoulder and looked to his wife, Johnny had been known as one of the best pure babyfaces in the wrestling industry and there was a slight part of that still there as the veteran from Ohio wore a guilty expression on his face as he looked to Candice. 

"Candice, is this really the best way to handle this? I mean, this is our wrestling daughter we're doing this to." Johnny said, as if he didn't take part in this, but Candice just looked up to Johnny and responded with a slight sigh. 

"I love Indi too, but this is for her own good, this is some tough love; she needs to stay focused, we can't defend these Women's Tag Titles if Indi's too busy focused on her serial killer Romeo." Candice added on as she texted back, hoping that this would get the message across.

'I mean we're over; you're just too clingy, Bye.'

Indi had read the text and, when she saw that, her heart shattered, she felt all these emotions at once, anger, sadness and despair that Dexter was breaking things up with her, not realising that he hadn't done anything of the sort; Indi felt herself shaking. The young woman tried to stop herself from bawling hysterically in a crowded restaurant, but, as she went to put her phone back into her bag; it was then that she saw the voucher that Dexter had given her. 

"Ma'am...are you ready to order?" the waiter came over to Indi, who composed herself enough to say with a tinge of bitterness in her voice.

"Yes, I am."

--------------

Hours Later.

Indi let out a loud, undignified belch as she leaned back, there was a cartoonish amount of empty bowls, platters and plates surrounding her, she had eaten so much that she had lost count, she didn't think she had packed away everything on the menu, but that didn't mean that she didn't give it a damn good go. She had been eating wildly, just devouring everything that was put in front of her in an attempt to make the heartbreak stop.

She had ignored her body desperately trying to get her to stop, she was too hurt to be thinking rationally, she didn't even care at the large bill that she had to pay for, nothing mattered to Indi Hartwell anymore now that she and Dexter had 'broken up'. Indi was still hurting on the inside, as well hurting from how stuffed she was, as she struggled to heave herself up, that huge feast had done a serious number on her, but she gave a big grunt as she finally stood herself up. 

While she hadn't gained that much weight, this was how she was going to spend her days now, while Candice and Johnny had got rid of one 'problem' for the time being, it created another one and that problem was the now increased gluttony of Indi Hartwell as she headed out of the restaurant, leaving shocked staff behind her. she didn't even care what time it was, a look at her phone revealed that it was around 3am.

She remembered that Johnny and Candice lived nearby, so, Indi headed to their house, groaning and grunting as she tried to hold in all what she had devoured, now the sheer discomfort and uneasy she was feeling from her rampage of feasting had hit her like a tonne of bricks. But, it had given Indi a renewed purpose, but instead of being distracted by Dexter, her appetite and greed would be the problem that Candice and Johnny had to deal with. 

Tears started to flow down her face as she struggled to head up the stairs to the house of her 'NXT parents', she gurgled, belched and retched as she tried her hardest to keep her food down, the booze that she had chugged hadn't helped how she was feeling; if anything, she had just made herself feel worse.

With a shaky breath, Indi started to knock on the door of the house of the Gargano's, which awoke Johnny and Candice from a deep sleep; Johnny rolled over slightly to check the time on the digital clock on the bedside cabinet and, with sleep heavy in his voice, remarked to a frustrated looking Candice. 

"Do you think it's a burglar?"

"Yes, Johnny, because burglar's knock before entering!" Candice sarcastically remarked; Candice got herself up, with Johnny following behind, although the two were sure that they could hear someone sobbing from behind the door. As Candice slowly opened the door, they both yelped out when they saw that it was Indi, sobbing and looking in a drunken haze and the slight food stains around her mouth showed that she had really overdone her pity-party pigout session.

"Indi!" both Johnny and Candice exclaimed in unison as they both pulled Indi into their house to get her out of the rain, as if things couldn't get worse for Indi, the weather started to change, as if changing with Indi's mood, now there was rain lashing down; Candice sat Indi down as Indi's engorged stomach let out a few gurgles of discomfort, causing Indi to wince a bit.

"What happened to you??" Johnny asked, sounding extremely concerned, only she and Candice knew damn well what had happened; considering that they had set the whole situation up in the first place. As Indi sat there and sobbed, she managed to choke out "Dexter...he left me...this is the worst day of my life!" Indi started to bawl like a heartbroken teenager as Candice instantly wrapped her arms around Indi in a motherly hug as Johnny, again, looked to be regretting what they had done and, judging by the look on Candice's face, he wasn't the only one.

"Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about that, why don't you stay with us?" Candice offered as Indi looked up at her motherly figure, sniffling slightly and wiping the tears from her eyes with her thumb as she asked.

"You don't mind? I'm so sorry that I thought I could trust him; I should've been with you and Johnny and Austin..." Indi flung her arms around Candice and that let the Gargano's know that their plan had worked.

----------------------

The next morning, Indi felt the effects of her feast last night, it was more of a struggle to stagger out of bed, but, with the Florida sun shining and with Johnny and Candice, Indi seemed to be in a slightly better mood, even if she was still feeling heartbroken. The young woman just trudged downstairs, her hair was a mess and she wore an old t-shirt of Candice's that barely fit her, but, despite her eating a cartoonish amount of food in a scorned frenzy, Indi felt hungry all over again.

As Indi walked into the kitchen, her eyes went wide a bit when she saw that Candice had laid out a big breakfast for her comprised of several stacks of pancakes, Candice hoped that this would help Indi get back on her feet, but, if anything, it would lead to Indi's gluttony and laziness working overtime. Indi felt her stomach rumble a bit as she flashed a caring smile to Candice. 

"Thanks for this, Candice; you're the best partner that I could've ever asked for." Indi wrapped her arms around Candice in a hug, before instantly sitting down and starting to tuck into the pancakes with a surprising gusto, Candice wasn't expecting Indi to practically devour them, it was obvious with how she was eating that she was still hurting over Dexter "leaving" her; but, as Indi polished off the last stack of pancakes, she let out a hearty moan of pleasure, before looking to Candice and innocently asking. 

"Got anymore, I'm feeling kinda hungry."

Guest ratetankmark

(I'm back with another part in Indi's journey from Impressive to Immense; this one'll have more of a weight gain vibe to it. Hope you guys and gals like it and I'm interested in reading what you guys think of it. :))

It had been a few weeks since Indi had crashed at The Garganos' house and, even after a good few weeks, but she had been enjoying the food that Candice had been whipping up a fair bit. Her heartbreak over Dexter was still clearly effecting her considering that she had barely left the house, not even to go to NXT tapings; Johnny and Candice telling Regal that Indi "Hadn't been feeling too well".

"Did you get more food for her, Johnny?" Candice asked as she was finishing off the platter of burgers for Indi, the way that Indi was ploughing through food was starting to get too much for Johnny and Candice to know; but they still doted on her as if she was their own daughter and that  had lead to Indi just lazing around and feeling sorry for herself. 

"Candice!"

Candice sighed as she heard Indi's whining, mopey call for her, Candice put the final touches on the burgers, before lifting the platters up and taking them into the living room for Indi, who was slouched on the sofa and watching some romance movie, there was an empty box of tissues as there was a big pile of empty takeout boxes, fast food bags and other discarded items that showed Indi's rampant gluttony.

Indi had put on a fair bit of weight considering the fact she hadn't been there all that long, she had grown a bit of a gut, her face was looking ever so slightly rounder and her arms and legs were looking to show the effects of her binging and lack of working out. Indi sniffled a bit, still thinking about Dexter as Candice placed the platter of burgers in front of Indi.

"Thanks -sniff- you have no idea how much I appreciate this, Candice" Indi said as she instantly started to tuck into the burgers, it was like she was trying to eat her feelings for Dexter away, but they weren't going away. Candice watched as Indi started to stuff the burgers into her face as she took some of the empty fast food bags that Indi had discarded away. 

"Candice" Indi called out as she swallowed her 4th burger in under a minute as Candice turned back, Indi looking at her 'mum' and insisting "This isn't a permanent thing, I'll get back into the groove sooner rather than later."

"I know you will, Indi." Candice smiled back as she walked back into the kitchen, the sounds of Indi stuffing her face could be heard from the living room as Candice flopped herself down on the chair, cooking for Indi was surprisingly hard work. 

"Maybe this wasn't the best idea; I mean, we've just got another problem, she's barely left the house and we need you two to defend those NXT Women's Tag Team Titles" Johnny remarked, worrying that The Way might lose the titles by forfeit if they didn't defend them soon; but obviously Indi wasn't really in a hurry to get back in the ring, that would require her to stop stuffing her face for longer than an hour.

"Look, we had to get her away from Dexter and if that means she puts on a bit of weight to cope, that's fine, we've got to take care of her." Candice responded, neither option was great, but she'd take Indi wallowing in her own self pity and gluttony instead of being with Dexter, despite the fact that the young Australian was obviously happier with Dexter.

Indi, meanwhile, was busy powering through the burgers, she moaned in a brief burst of happiness, eating seemed to be making her feel better, she forgot about Dexter and how heartbroken she felt; as she had the juicy burger crammed into her face, she forgot about everything apart from eating. But that feeling went away as soon as she polished off another burger, before Indi desperately reached over and grabbed another one as the cycle of her heartbroken gluttony continued again.

Eating made Indi feel happy, it made her forget Dexter and she wasn't even aware of the reality of what had happened that night at the restaurant; Indi actually was now eating two burgers in quick succession, barely giving herself a moment to catch her breath, she felt her belly getting tighter as she desperately crammed it with more and more burgers. 

Her gluttonous sounds were getting more noticeable as Candice and Johnny were caught off guard at how much Indi was enjoying the food, she had been so miserable; even though it was her supposed 'family' that had caused this misery for her; she was convinced that Dexter had just broken her heart, so as far as Indi was concerned, she wouldn't make the effort to stay in shape.

"He thinks he can do this to me? -burp- I'm Impressive Indi Hartwell -wheeze- I'm Indi Wrestling -chomp- and I'm going to show how much I don't need him, I'm doing fine!" Indi talked to herself as she reached for another burger only to realise that there wasn't any left, she had devoured 15 burgers in barely 15 minutes; she leaned back and gave a childish whine, but not of pain or discomfort, but she wanted more.

"Candice!" Indi called out again, sounding like a teenage daughter who wanted her mum to help her do something that was incredibly simple, but that Indi was just too lazy to do herself, she didn't even move a muscle as she went back to sulking and watching another lame romance movie. Candice was shocked at how quickly Indi had just inhaled the burgers, she actually saw that Indi seemed to be breathing slightly heavily due to how much she had already eaten.

But any hope that Indi was finished her binging was cut off when Indi asked, sounding almost soft and tender in a way that neither Candice or Johnny couldn't resist, no matter how much they wanted to tell Indi 'no', Indi had them wrapped around her finger and it didn't even seem like Indi herself realised the power that she now had over her 'The Way' parents.

"I'm kinda hungry for dessert, would that be OK? I promise that this'll be the last one" Indi insisted, Candice never thought that Indi was lying, even though she had said this before, Indi seemed to genuinely think that she could just stop her heartbroken demands for more and more food, but Candice didn't want to make Indi feel worse than she already did, maybe it was guilt over the fact that she and Johnny had made Indi feel like this; but Candice looked at her Australian tag team partner, who patted her stomach with a slight pride.

"Sure thing, Indi, I'll get you something, maybe some ice-cream?" Candice suggested as Indi struggled slightly to sit up, with a noticeable grunt as she gave a smile and covered a belch with her hand. 

"I'd love that; I really can't thank you enough for this." Indi smiled as she didn't realise that a certain, silent someone was standing outside the window, looking in, it was Dexter Lumis with a really old school romance technique of a bouquet of flowers and a box of chooclates in a heart-shaped box; his stoic expression and silent demeanour were a great contrast as Indi tucked into the ice-cream with gusto, the gluttony on display by Indi actually caused the most emotion to come out of Lumis in a single raised eyebrow.

At this point, Candice and Johnny had left for some time away from the increasingly demanding Indi, but she was happy, she was just finishing off her first tub of ice-cream, before casting the now empty tub away with a fairly loud belch. Grunting as she struggled to heave herself to her feet, all of her feasting had done a number on the young woman, but, as Indi unsteadily shifted her ever increasing bulk to the kitchen for her next helping of ice-cream; Dexter got an idea. 

He silently placed the box of chocolates by the door and rang the doorbell before leaving with the bouquet of flowers in his hand, knowing that Indi would appreciate the chocolates a lot more; with a grunt of irritation that someone would interrupt her cleaning out Johnny and Candice's fridge; the moody Indi flew open the door, thinking that it was just kids messing around. 

"Alright, you little brats; when I get my breath back, I'm coming to kick your ass-ooh, chocolates!"

Indi's frustration changed mid-sentence to a one of childish glee as she instantly snatched up the big box of chocolates and slammed the door behind her; locking it and heading back into the living room, where it was pretty much a pig sty thanks to Indi's new way of coping with her heartbreak. She lurched herself into the living room, getting by all the thrown aside and empty fast food bags, platters that used to be full of burgers and around 10 ice cream tubs.

"Ooh, they really do love me, don't they?" Indi grinned to herself, her pretty face looking slightly plumper as Indi tore open the lid like a kid on Christmas, not even realising that, as she tore the lid off and threw it on the ever growing pile, that she didn't see the drawing of her that was done by Dexter as a way to make it up to her. It was as if Indi hadn't spent the last few weeks doing barely anything beyond stuffing her face; Indi tore into the chocolates with gusto as she felt the chocolate hit her and sent a bolt of electricity through her tastebuds. 

"These are so good; Johnny and Candice are too good to me." Indi smiled to herself as she struggled to reach over and grab her phone, but after longer than it should've taken, the Australian typed her now chocolate stained fingers on her phone to text Candice and Johnny for the box of chocolates as Indi continued to inhale them.

Meanwhile, Johnny and Candice were just having a nice stroll on the beach, they had left Indi alone for a while to get away from her non-stop eating and feeling sorry for herself, the two loved her, but they needed a break from the ever growing Indi. 

"I don't want to be rude, but don't you think Indi's getting a bit, well, bigger?" Johnny mentioned, not wanting to get the wrath of his wife, as Candice looked to Johnny and gave a silent 'you serious?' look to the man, as Johnny tried to defend himself, Candice reassured him with a "She'll get back on her feet, this is just a phase she's going through, she'll shed the pounds before you even know it."

As Candice said that, her phone buzzed, it got a text as Johnny just gave a frustrated sigh as the 'father' of The Way scoffed a bit before snarking "It's probably Austin, he probably locked himself out of the house, again."

"It's Indi" Candice then let out a groan of frustration "She probably has ran out of food...god, she's going to..." Candice's complaining then changed to looking genuinely freaked out "Erm, Johnny...we didn't leave her a box of chocolates, did we?"

"No, why?"

"Because Indi's just thanked us for something that we never gave her!" Candice had the worried look of a mother that was scared for her daughter as Candice and Johnny both said in perfect unison.

"Lumis!"

As the couple rushed home, Indi was the furthest thing from trouble, she had just polished off the box of chocolates that Dexter had left for her, without Indi even knowing that he'd been there, but she wasn't about to turn down more food to feast on; honestly, Indi was starting to feel a lot happier, eating and not doing much of anything else was what she loved.

It seemed like, while Johnny and Candice's plan had gotten Lumis out of the picture, it had also created a monster in Indi Hartwell and it seemed like the only way that they would get Indi to stop stuffing her face was to let her be with Dexter, but Candice and Johnny had no idea on how to tell Indi without her flipping out at them. But, as Candice and Johnny returned home, they found Indi sitting there, her stomach looking noticeably bigger as it was causing her top to hike up, showing a flash of skin; her jeans were unbuttoned to give herself some breathing room. 

"Indi! Thank god you're OK!" Candice called out as she rushed over to Indi to give her a big hug as Indi returned with a hug of her own and a response that caused Candice and Johnny to have to scramble for a response. 

"I'm better than OK, I think I could get used to this" and that was what caused Candice's blood to run cold, having to feed Indi on a more permanent basis, she was genuinely considering if her being with Lumis would take less toll on Candice's sanity. 

"Yeah, I mean, we'd love to have you hear; hope you enjoyed the 'meal'" Johnny chimed in as Indi weakly gave the thumbs up and wheezed out thanks to how stuffed to the gills she was.

"You have no idea how much that hit the spot; you're right, who needs Dexter, I'm Impressive Indi Hartwell, Indi Wrestling...also, I really have to thank you for those chocolates, they really, really were the perfect finale." Indi complimented as Candice and Johnny tried not to show how freaked out they were that Dexter Lumis knew where they lived.

Although, at this point, the prospect of keeping a constantly hungry and evergrowing Indi Hartwell under control might genuinely be a more terrifying prospect for Candice and Johnny.