Stories where there character is out of control

thatguy9227

I'm actually currently working on a commission like that on another site. It's about an ex-dancer who becomes near-immobile after being engaged to a wealthy businessman. It's almost done; I might get around to uploading it publicly some day :)

https://www.deviantart.com/tapsketchbbw/art/Insatiable-194311366 is an oldie but goodie in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Drastic Pork said:

How about the slowest champion? Beautiful, stuck up swim queen gets her comeuppance and then some. I felt horrible for her by the end, despite her bitchiness at the start.

https://www.deviantart.com/riptoryx/art/The-Slowest-Champion-Revisited-COVER-649231801

Hey, I know that one... 😇

Just now, Drastic Pork said:

It was sooo well written. So much so that I can't read it all the way through a second time. It physically hurts me to feel her anguish at who she's become.

Hah. Thanks. I guess that's "mission accomplished," then?

It's definitely a story focused at least as much on tragic downfall and humiliation as on the "weight gain" aspect itself. In some ways, Kara's weight gain kind of functions as a physical manifestation of how far down the proverbial ladder she's sunk at any given point (ditto for Jessie). I think part of what may make the story hit hard for some folks is the way it marches through those viscerally embarrassing and emotionally cruel scenes with the same grounded realism as every other scene. It's also somewhat unusual in that it's a story not only lacking any obvious "feeder"-type character (with one arguable exception), but also one that features no character espousing a positive spin on weight gain at all. Many details of the story were inspired by my own personal acquaintances and experiences (in addition to the original version of the story by @flaming-hades, of course!). "Write what you know," as the saying goes. ^_^

• 11 months later...