Seems All the Women in my Life are Getting Fat right now

Guest Luissuarez

Guest Luissuarez

Since the lockdown back in 2020 it’s like all my close girl friends have put on a decent amount of weight. I think the body positivity movement is honestly trickling down past just the media and many women are feeling comfortable being their own body size. I have a lot of guy friends and I’d say that 90% of us are smaller than the girls we hang out with, just overall they’re thicker and it’s probably only gonna go further that way. Life is crazy y’all.

Though they're generally not happy to share that information; it's overcompensation and girl talk.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/coping-with-obesity-4690812

Tell me whether or not you see those symptoms; it really opened my eyes to see how common anxiety and depression are, where they puff out their chest about their bodies one day by and literally say to remind themselves every day as they go into the fetal position the next. Has nothing to do with society after a certain point/age, especially when they're not conversing with a group who can gang up on them. 

If you don't believe me, this post here with body positivity in the title. Took me years to understand this conversation is not for me to play Superman as she'll need rescuing every day, similar to a drug addiction.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN73z5Kn8u3/?igshid=rbg4eh4mbsqk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

I know for sure I've put on at least 30 pounds since quarantine. It's so easy to just sit on my ass and order in. I didn't even notice I was gaining weight at first, because I live either naked or in sweats. The sweats were baggy at the beginning of quarantine, but not so much now.

• 1 month later...

This summer is going to be pleasant because of more chubby girls and women than ever. Because of pandemic and lockdown, many people have gained weight. A friend of my wife is working in a clothing shop dedicated to young women. She says that most of them are telling her that they have gained weight and they have to buy 1 or 2 size more than their previous pandemic one. But she also says that most of them are quite accepting their gain. This friend herself has gained ! She is in her mid-30th, I always found her too skinny but she definitely improved her figure !

On 6/15/2021 at 7:57 AM, le_gone said:

This summer is going to be pleasant because of more chubby girls and women than ever. Because of pandemic and lockdown, many people have gained weight. A friend of my wife is working in a clothing shop dedicated to young women. She says that most of them are telling her that they have gained weight and they have to buy 1 or 2 size more than their previous pandemic one. But she also says that most of them are quite accepting their gain. This friend herself has gained ! She is in her mid-30th, I always found her too skinny but she definitely improved her figure !

I went too Las Vegas a couple weeks ago and I've never seen so many chubby women. literally I did not see abs in sight. so many wore super tight clothes that clearly didn't fit, they were bulging out of it was crazy! but I loved it!

On 6/18/2021 at 5:42 AM, Bellyfan2017 said:

I went too Las Vegas a couple weeks ago and I've never seen so many chubby women. literally I did not see abs in sight. so many wore super tight clothes that clearly didn't fit, they were bulging out of it was crazy! but I loved it!

My wife bought a bikini for a 2020 Vegas getaway, but ended up not going because of covid.  The airline didn't refund, but gave a credit... so we went just a few weeks ago.  Like many others, she gained weight during the pandemic (even though she never stopped working).  We don't own a scale, but her loose size 14 shorts gave way to snug 16s.  Her bikini was purchased from Venus Plus.

She was already chubby before, and a tad self conscious about her additional weight gain, even though she knew how much I loved it...  But then, once we were there, she was right at home when she saw that she was in the majority... Not only was Vegas overwhelmingly plus-size, but many girls were quite a bit fatter than her!

Talk about being in absolute heaven...  Let me tell you!  Vegas has become VERY BBW friendly in the last few years.

Well, she never said anything directly... but after taking all of this in, I believe her hedonistic mentality set in.  Aside from eating crazy amounts of food, (which I was happy to see)  she became a bit of a voyeur in showing off... somewhat of a new behaviour for her.  She would catch the eyes of guys who had brought their own big girls and low-key strut about.  She used to be self conscious... wore a one-piece and never ate in public... Clearly this has become a thing of the past. This was something else.  She even got huge cheeseburgers and fries from the poolside bar (on separate days) and chided me about getting a hard-on while watching her eat it.  I even caught her looking about to see if strangers were watching her.

If you were at the Venetian / Palazzo in the last week of May, you may have seen her

51179186694_afeb26780c_o.jpg

51179186719_8921206a18_o.jpg

51178384971_763a2c6a95_o.jpg

2 hours ago, CharminglyEvil said:

My wife bought a bikini for a 2020 Vegas getaway, but ended up not going because of covid.  The airline didn't refund, but gave a credit... so we went just a few weeks ago.  Like many others, she gained weight during the pandemic (even though she never stopped working).  We don't own a scale, but her loose size 14 shorts gave way to snug 16s.  Her bikini was purchased from Venus Plus.

She was already chubby before, and a tad self conscious about her additional weight gain, even though she knew how much I loved it...  But then, once we were there, she was right at home when she saw that she was in the majority... Not only was Vegas overwhelmingly plus-size, but many girls were quite a bit fatter than her!

Talk about being in absolute heaven...  Let me tell you!  Vegas has become VERY BBW friendly in the last few years.

Well, she never said anything directly... but after taking all of this in, I believe her hedonistic mentality set in.  Aside from eating crazy amounts of food, (which I was happy to see)  she became a bit of a voyeur in showing off... somewhat of a new behaviour for her.  She would catch the eyes of guys who had brought their own big girls and low-key strut about.  She used to be self conscious... wore a one-piece and never ate in public... Clearly this has become a thing of the past. This was something else.  She even got huge cheeseburgers and fries from the poolside bar (on separate days) and chided me about getting a hard-on while watching her eat it.  I even caught her looking about to see if strangers were watching her.

If you were at the Venetian / Palazzo in the last week of May, you may have seen her

If you don’t mind me asking, we’re there any notable memories that stick out while you and your wife were there?

On 6/21/2021 at 5:22 PM, CharminglyEvil said:

I admire your wife. I’m far to self conscious to wear a non-high-waisted bikini in public. But she looks so happy and comfortable. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 5:22 AM, CharminglyEvil said:

She may snore nicely with that double chin

• 6 months later...
Guest Luissuarez

i walk around my college campus and almost all the chubby/fat people i see are women. between the ages of 18-24 most of the students gaining weight are girls, and i think this is because of all the body positive media that our generation sees. 

for instance, i went to target recently. the women’s section is covered in body positive models who range from chubby to obese. the men’s section lacked a single overweight model. this is society’s and brands acceptance that women are marketed as fat or gaining weight. interesting comparison that wouldn’t have existed a few years back.

most guys who are gaining weight are fitness focused and it’s more popular than ever to workout as a guy. at the gym most of the girls who are there are heavier and doing mostly leg work. i’d say about half the girls are overweight and looking to bulk which is such a difference than gym culture of the past. 

basically i see a bunches of changes happening in my day to day life amongst women and normalizing weight gain. no one comments on it because we’re getting used to seeing thicker women and big butts. can’t even imagine what it’ll be like in 10 years time. women are definitely growing year by year!!

• 3 months later...

Yes I've noticed that here in the UK too. I think Primark was the first place I saw an ad featuring a model with a genuine fat roll, maybe a year ago? But I've seen a few since then. You're right that this is clearly a sexist double-standard - haven't seen an equivalent ad with a fat guy anywhere - but obvs I still absolutely love this change in society (which has been a very long time coming)!

It's getting a bit warmer outside now, and yesterday I saw a girl, early 20s-ish, maybe 240-250ibs?, walking down the main shopping street of my town with her bf, wearing a low crop top that showed a good three inches of her pale soft belly. And THEN, she stopped in the middle of the street and pulled the whole thing up to adjust it, and her entire wobbly gut flopped out for all to see! She wasn't even in a hurry - she took a good few seconds before she pulled her top back down to a presumably more-comfortable position, not bothered at all in this most-public of places, and carried on walking with her bf like nothing had happened! (Lucky bastard lol.) I'm so glad I picked that particular time to come out of the bookshop I was in, because this is one of the sexiest, most wonderful things I've ever seen in my life - I couldn't help but smile! And then, a bit further along, I saw another girl - younger (about 18), and shorter, but even fatter - wearing a kind of dress that bared the top half of her huge gut, with just a couple of straps connecting the top and lower parts. She looked very confident & like she had a bit of an attitude - slightly punk. I couldn't believe it, this would never have happened even three years ago. It really does seem that being fat is now seen as acceptable by the new generation (for girls) & so there isn't the same pressure for fat girls to hide themselves in baggy clothes as there used to be. It's wonderful to see this change, which I'd always hoped-for but was doubting would ever happen. That being mean to fatties is no longer 'the last acceptable prejudice'. And it's happened so fast too? When so much is getting worse in the world, it's lovely to see change that is good (and yes, sexy) arrive too. :)

Has anyone else had similar experiences in their neck of the woods? Fat girls being allowed to behave like everyone else at last?

I feel like all the forces that create things we love are converging right now.  It just started getting warm where I live, which is a medium sized college town.  The first 85Fdeg day, all the college women were out! Wow, I've never seen so many beautiful, young and overfed girls in my life!  Many were hanging around in their front yards, getting some sun for the first time.  All of them had bikinis on and i would say probably 85 percent were fat or chubby.  Fat bellies starting to hang or already hanging over their bottoms, big fat thighs with plenty of dimples, wide asses etc.  Then I walk over to the town center and it's more of the same.  Clothed in high-rise jeans and crop tops, these girls were confidently sauntering around, big butts jiggling, saggy lower belly roll tucked in to their pants while still managing a healthy roll over the top of their pants, even with the high waist.  Like before, these girls seemed so happy and carefree, smiley and feeling cute.  Also seems like a few years ago you'd rarely see a really pretty girl who let her weight go.  Society put even more pressure on the very beautiful to stay thin in fear "messing up" something so perfect.  Now I see this all the time,  stylishly dressed and sexy yet with big thighs, a bulging belly, fat ass or all three.  

The pandemic is a big part of this which amounted to 2 years of being bored and overeating,  but it's also a really rapid change in the harsh standards of thinness that's unfolding so nicely.  I think girls of this age (early 20's) have escaped most fat shaming from friends/family that earlier generations could have only dreamed of.  It's becoming so taboo to comment disapprovingly on someone's weight that most girls are literally eating whatever they want.  Donut every morning, OK!  Chocolate chip cookie after lunch everyday, SURE!  Ice cream right before bed, WHY NOT?  Normalizing this more self-indulgent lifestyle is so exciting and think we're going to see more and more fat and happy girls around!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 2:26 AM, hgee said:

Normalizing this more self-indulgent lifestyle is so exciting and think we're going to see more and more fat and happy girls around!

Agreed!

On 5/29/2022 at 2:26 AM, hgee said:

Like before, these girls seemed so happy and carefree, smiley and feeling cute.  Also seems like a few years ago you'd rarely see a really pretty girl who let her weight go.  Society put even more pressure on the very beautiful to stay thin in fear "messing up" something so perfect.  Now I see this all the time,  stylishly dressed and sexy yet with big thighs, a bulging belly, fat ass or all three.  

I hope this doesn't sound self-centred but I do wonder how much of a downstream effect the improved emotional health among fat girls will have on the self-image of the guys (and girls) who love them?

All of a sudden the constant background disapproval of our desires in the mass media (a huge force on all of us in modern society, however much we try and push back against it) is fading.

We are increasingly not going to be judged by others for liking fat girls to the same degree as we used to be, and we won't have to be strong and brace for disapproval whenever we tell people.

Most importantly, the girls we like and date may tend to be happier and feel less separate from their peers than before. Fewer girls will be fearful that our admiration is feigned, or will disappear once we see them unclothed, and more will be at ease with themselves and less anxious generally. Smiles, self-confidence and easy laughter are all very attractive IMO!

Fat Admiration as a concept may become less siloed from the everday dating scene, less it's own 'thing' that places us outside the mainstream. Perhaps even feedism (to a certain, as-yet-to-be-determined degree) will become less stigmatised - something talked about with a chuckle rather than with anger by people who aren't into it (in fact I think this may already be happening a little bit). Perhaps - and I'm not saying this is necessarily a GOOD thing - our own desires (or perhaps just those of the FAs who come after us) will tend to be less fetishistic and less extreme once the negative social pressures making them taboo are removed, and we will just be like everyone else? Perhaps future Rom-Coms and teen movies will feature fat leads sometimes, without it being a central plot point. Perhaps feeding your gf a cupcake in public, or rubbing her tummy a little, will just be seen as normal soppy romantic gestures?

It may sound like my imagination is running away from me a bit here (and perhaps you're right), but the changes have been so big and so fast that right now all of this seems possible to me within the next decade. Be interested to see what other people think?

I agree with all your points and definitely think all those scenarios are possible in the next few years!  It is happening fast and it's powerful, almost anything is possible!

You raise I good point that fat sigma sucks for men who like curvy girls. Maybe it's not in the same league as the way it affects fat woman, who deal with it in almost every accept if their lives,  but still it remains an unnecessary hurdle to happiness for men i think.

Same here my co worker that I'm into shes gained a bit of weight but it looks good on her. Her stomach has gotten slightly bigger compared to how it was before lockdowns but it looks good on her. Even her friends have told her shes been gaining but it looks good on her. Shes also a big foodie so whenever we go out to eat she goes to town when it comes to eating. 

Shes spoken about trying to lose a little weight but ive told her it looks good on her. I dont know how often she goes but i assume she goes a fair amount. Sometimes she even tries to keep herself in check when it comes to eating but i told her i rather see her fill herself up than her not be satisfied. When i tell you this girl can eat she can EAT, she kinda regrets it a bit later when her foodbaby starts kicking but her having an appetite is ok with me honestly. 

On 6/11/2022 at 3:44 PM, DreamingBoy said:

Perhaps feeding your gf a cupcake in public, or rubbing her tummy a little, will just be seen as normal soppy romantic gestures?

While having a walk near a lake, my wife and myself, we stumbled upon our neighbours, a young couple. They were sunbathing. She definitly gained a noticeable amount of weight during the last 2 years. She got a thick spare type, soft and bouncing as soon as she moves. It made her a thick roll overflowing her bikini. We discussed a little and she explained they spent a few days at familiy's in the south west, a gastronomic region. She detailed us what they did there and finished with : and we ate so well. Her boyfriend patted her belly roll saying "sure" and they both smiled, lovingly looking at each other.

To be honest, I think that this whole body positive movement is at its peak right now and it will not go much further than how it already is now.

its a health thing. Being overweight does not mean being unhealthy and we know that acceptance is the first healthy thing you can do in life , but a world where most of the women are obese (and we’re getting close to it, since 60% of American women are overweight and half of them are obese, so thin is becoming a normal) is simply unsustainable in terms of impact on the health system and on nature also. 

I think that the whole thing will park around year 2025/2026 and decline from 2030-2035 where food and body shape will also become a part of climate change rethorics and such.

but totally this decade will be considered as the Fat 20s, this is the time of our life and beauty standards are going to completely converge with our standards in three or four years and then diverge a little . Everything changes and nothing lasts forever. So let’s enjoy these years of chubby pop stars and chubby models and chubby girls everywhere and let’s encourage them to be themselves fully so that it lasts as much as it can

cheers 

On 6/13/2022 at 9:57 AM, curvyloverman said:

To be honest, I think that this whole body positive movement is at its peak right now and it will not go much further than how it already is now.

its a health thing. Being overweight does not mean being unhealthy and we know that acceptance is the first healthy thing you can do in life , but a world where most of the women are obese (and we’re getting close to it, since 60% of American women are overweight and half of them are obese, so thin is becoming a normal) is simply unsustainable in terms of impact on the health system and on nature also. 

I think that the whole thing will park around year 2025/2026 and decline from 2030-2035 where food and body shape will also become a part of climate change rethorics and such.

but totally this decade will be considered as the Fat 20s, this is the time of our life and beauty standards are going to completely converge with our standards in three or four years and then diverge a little . Everything changes and nothing lasts forever. So let’s enjoy these years of chubby pop stars and chubby models and chubby girls everywhere and let’s encourage them to be themselves fully so that it lasts as much as it can

cheers 

This is interesting. When something is going your way you either tend to think it won't ever change or the opposite extreme. Usually its somewhere in between. The politics of fat don't quite match other issues but I could see high food and energy prices tied in with climate change hurting our cause. But long term I am still optimistic that we will continue seeing fatter bodies.

On 6/13/2022 at 2:57 PM, curvyloverman said:

cheers 

Very interesting. Have you changed your mind in recent months? Back in November you sounded a bit more upbeat about the fatter future, at least in the USA?

Guess we've had the Ukraine War & it's disruption of wheat supply etc since then, but don't think America will be too badly hit given they produce so much corn etc themselves. I do (unfortunately) know someone who thinks fat people are the unacceptable face of toxic consumer capitalism, and think it would be a great shame if the obese came to be viewed as environmental villains. And I think that there are probably too many fatties now (in America at least) for such a negative view to gain traction in the media. But I guess we'll see. Hopefully these kinds of concerns will attack certain industries rather than individuals.

I could certainly see obesity being seen as wrong (again) in societies experiencing food shortages however - though I don't think these will happen in the USA. Probably not in Europe either, although things in the Middle East and Africa are looking pretty bad now. Do you think fat acceptance will spread more in European countries? It's big here in Britain but we've always been culturally closer to the US, so stuff crosses the Atlantic fast here.

I do think they'll be some backlash in the next few years against the health-at-every-size rhetoric where it conflicts with science, along with some of the other cultural activism of recent years. But I think this will be limited - the pendulum will swing back a little, but not all the way. How much of a decline do you think there will be come the 2030s? And do you expect obesity rates to go down?

As much as I do have a fetish for BBW (maybe not all the way to extreme obesity but I do find Katie Cummings very sexy at the current size and she is obese) obesity is a sickness. It shortens your life, it gives a hell lot of health problems and it should be prevented. And yes, it is also an environmental question. So yeah, even if I have a fetish and sometimes I fantasies about snapping my fingers and giving 50 pounds to all the women in the world, I don’t know if I would ever want an obese woman as a wife that might have a heart attack or die sooner. 

It is a disease, period. So my ideal thing would be like that all women would be 100% overweight. Like thinness disappearing from the trace of earth. But low obesity rate and low sickness rate. That’s what would be ideal. 

about what’s going to happen, I don’t know 

I have 3 girl rommates who have gained weight during the winter.

First one, Katrin, is 5'7" and she has gone from 170 to 190 lbs. But it looks more cus she stopped working out and not only gained extra fat around her even before thick midriff but also her muscles turned into fat. During the last few months she has started to get more and more out of breath when walking up to our sixth floor walk-up.

The second one, Erin, is 5'3", and  she has gained from133 to around 145 lbs. She looks petite-plump and is soft like a hell! squeeze her anywere and you will feel squishy and mushy flesh. And she has a nicely round belly. Also she has started to get out of breath after walking up the stairs.

The third one, Kate, is classic skinny-fat. She is 5'7" and was also 133 lbs and has gone up to also around 145 lbs. Almost all her extra fat has went around and just below her belly button making a prominent lower belly pooch.

I also have a girl friend, Alice, who during the pandemic has ganied 25 pounds, going from 140 to 165 lbs. She has a big belly hanging over her pants now.

All girls have gained weight because of fast food and snacks combained with no serious working out. They are all unhappy with how fat they have got and complains a lot about it. They try to stick to diets but fails constantly because they love fast food and snacks too much.