Fatty Liver Disease

jbklyn88

Hi all,

I apologize in advance if my thoughts are all jumbled, I'm trying to process everything going on, but I'm coming to you guys for help.

My wife was diagnosed with PCOS when she was a teenager and was on Metformin for a few years, came off and went on the pill, which helped. Recently her doctor put her on a low dose of Metformin, but she's not diabetic and her numbers came back good on mostly everything from blood tests except for liver enzymes. The wife went for an MRI and was told she has "severe fatty liver disease". Luckily her doctor can tell that if she loses weight, it can be reversed because they show no scarring. She was referred to a nutritionist and bought an exercise bike. Her doctor also said if this doesn't work, they would consider weight loss surgery. I really love her and want her to be healthy so we can start a family, but what scares me is that during those intimate moments I know I'm not going to be able to perform properly without picturing her at her current weight.

I really don't know what to do. Would love to hear some input or even experiences you guys have had with something like this. I would also love to hear from some of the ladies on here with their experiences, what they did to stay healthy with a fatty liver (if that's even possible), etc.

All help is appreciated!

On 4/19/2021 at 9:53 AM, jbklyn88 said:

. . .

My wife naturally wants to eat a lot. She used to gain about 30-35 pounds, freak out, then loose most of it, then start eating like she wants and gains it all back. Rinse and repeat for a couple of years. Then she kept getting dizzy and tired so she went to the doctor. Found out that she had a blood sugar level that was far too high and had fatty liver disease. Finding out that she is pre-diabetic scared the bejesus out of her since her family has a history of diabetes, and some of them died because they didn't take care of it. The doctor wanted to put her on a billion meds but she's the type to not even take aspirin when she has a headache. 

It is possible to manage both. She immediately stopped eating red meat, oily fish, cheese, and the like for the fatty liver thing. She stopped eating a lot of sweets/carbs and got herself a blood sugar tester from the drug store. She also started walking an hour or two a day to burn out the blood sugar. The change in her diet and the exercise she does has kept everything in check and she is healthy. The fatty liver is basically gone so she doesn't have to worry about that anymore. The cholesterol is down to good levels too. 

Her weight hasn't yo-yo'ed but it has very slowly crept up. She's still nice and chubby but doesn't get fat then not-fat anymore. As for your mojo, I can't help you there except to say thinking about how you want things to be while making the bed creak may be something you want to try out. Personally, I find that the love I have for her is usually enough but I'm not a young man anymore, so there's that.

4 hours ago, SuperGlue said:

My wife naturally wants to eat a lot. She used to gain about 30-35 pounds, freak out, then loose most of it, then start eating like she wants and gains it all back. Rinse and repeat for a couple of years. Then she kept getting dizzy and tired so she went to the doctor. Found out that she had a blood sugar level that was far too high and had fatty liver disease. Finding out that she is pre-diabetic scared the bejesus out of her since her family has a history of diabetes, and some of them died because they didn't take care of it. The doctor wanted to put her on a billion meds but she's the type to not even take aspirin when she has a headache. 

It is possible to manage both. She immediately stopped eating red meat, oily fish, cheese, and the like for the fatty liver thing. She stopped eating a lot of sweets/carbs and got herself a blood sugar tester from the drug store. She also started walking an hour or two a day to burn out the blood sugar. The change in her diet and the exercise she does has kept everything in check and she is healthy. The fatty liver is basically gone so she doesn't have to worry about that anymore. The cholesterol is down to good levels too. 

Her weight hasn't yo-yo'ed but it has very slowly crept up. She's still nice and chubby but doesn't get fat then not-fat anymore. As for your mojo, I can't help you there except to say thinking about how you want things to be while making the bed creak may be something you want to try out. Personally, I find that the love I have for her is usually enough but I'm not a young man anymore, so there's that.

I really appreciate the feedback. That's exactly what happened here. Doctor told her she was pre-diabetic and freaked out too. Her family has a history of liver cancer and Hepatitis also, and that wasn't helping either.