Why do members on Curvage prefer to see Women in Clothes vs bikinis / lingerie

NocturnalDevotion

• Curvage Model

So it seems and especially after @Madilyn ‘s poll confirming it, that the members on Curvage (guys or girls) enjoy seeing models/regular women in jeans, leggings and yoga pants MORE than bikinis or lingerie. I need to get to the bottom of why!!!

Because most heavier girls wear those garments all the time, especially yoga pants and leggings, to me personally it’s *MUCH MORE* exciting to see a heavier girl in a bikini because that is so rare to see in real life. Before Curvage I actually used to Google “chubby girls in bikinis” and there aren’t all that many pics that I could find. I also feel the most confident in a micro bikini myself. 

I get the jeans a little more because of the muffin top potential but the appeal of yoga pants and leggings alludes me! 

Again, the fact that heavier girls are usually covered up in real life you would think the less clothes the better. 

Any answers are welcome, my husband doesn’t get it at all and isn’t an FA so it’s DEFINITELY an FA thing and I can’t get perspective from him!!!

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, AdamansTemplum said:

While I do like both, I think the casual nature of just wearing clothes is appealing. It is like how you'd see folks out and about in normal every day circumstances, which ones is likely to see far more than a lingerie/bikini shot. And yes, the thought of outgrowing them or just generally being ill-fitting adds to that appeal.

Thank you so much for your answer!!! Why is it being casual appealing? I’m asking because I think you are hitting on something close to my theory that FA men are attracted to what they see as realism. No or little makeup, messy hair, that sort of thing. But also if you always see bigger women in clothes, wouldn’t it be more exciting to see something different? Or is it the idea that your favorite model could be the girl next to you at the grocery store? I saw that you started a thread about liking to discuss things so I thought I’d ask.  I’m always very curious about how people think!

To all- thank you for all the responses!!! I didn’t get any notifications so I didn’t realize and then I saw all the replies and it was so nice!!!

• Curvage Model
2 minutes ago, JohnnyX said:

@NogutNoglory Well for one, I'm not a fan of lingerie, in general.  Or makeup.  Or heels.  Or clothing that is fancy/frilly.  Or intentionally trying to be sexy/attractive.  To me, a woman who is fairly close to her natural state seems "real" and projects confidence.  This opens up the possibility for authenticity, which I see as a prerequisite for intimacy--and is, in itself, naturally sexy/attractive.  On the other hand, a woman who is peacocking seems "fake" to me and projects a lack of confidence, as in "I'm trying to use these clothes/frills/etc. to distract you from the real me."  Perhaps that isn't her intention.  But subjectively, that is what I see.

Some of my preferences here are a result of my practical experiences, as well.  I myself like to be pretty informal and underdress a bit.  I'm the sort of guy who wears a t-shirt and shorts to a $25/30-a-plate restaurant and dresses up for something a few times a year, only when I pretty much have to do so (like a wedding or a particularly important meeting or something).  So when a woman I'm taking to said restaurant (at least, in the pre-Covid times anyway... 😄) comes all dolled up, it can be a bit awkward.  I'll also add, historically, that women who liked doing lots of makeup/looking fancy have sometimes left me staring at the wall for 30 minutes while she overruns her estimate to get ready (again) but there isn't really time to start doing something else--and there is also a constant barrier to doing something, as in "Look at me.  I can't go to the grocery store like this."  On the other hand, women who don't do so tend to be ready when I am (if not sooner), and things tend to flow a bit better.

Thus, to use your own photos as an example, I much prefer a set like this one:

or this one (more revealing but still natural and plain):

as opposed to one like this:

None of those came up, if you can just screenshot the photos and attach them. This just brought me to the top of my whole thread 

• Curvage Model
22 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

On the other hand, a woman who is peacocking seems "fake" to me and projects a lack of confidence, as in "I'm trying to use these clothes/frills/etc. to distract you from the real me."  Perhaps that isn't her intention.  But subjectively, that is what I see.

A. Are you Mr. Froggy under a different name?

***B. I don’t see a woman looking like a slob as confidence, I just don’t. When a woman can’t be bothered to do her hair or makeup or dress nice I see it as she doesn’t feel she “deserves” to look nice. Which I think plays well with FA men who are into humiliation.

C. Ok, so I can do both, am I a fake or real person? Maybe you have had bad experiences with women who dress nicely before but to say that a woman who cares about herself is vapid, self centered and dumb is a bit of a reach. Someone who has a very similar sentiment to you said that I wear makeup because I must be hiding something. That is why I posted the no makeup photos, see not hiding!  I just like to look nice. To see the same woman no makeup, plain clothes, same hair, (I’m sure uncolored is your preference) would get extremely boring, no? To me creativity in a partner or even someone that I admire is extremely important. The jeans and t shirt no makeup look shows a complete lack of creativity or personality at all. That to me looks like someone who can’t have an interesting conversation, they have no taste, no personality, no drive. 

Edited by NogutNoglory

• Curvage Model

@JohnnyX
To clarify- I did not start this thread to be called dumb, fake and unconfident. Especially since none of that is true. If evidence is needed my thread provides plenty of responses saying how authentic and honest I am. As well as evidence that plenty of people are perfectly happy with how I present myself. Also I did no makeup pics, be fucking grateful god damn!

**** I’m not changing who I am to make other people happy, and that makes me .....fake???****

Why I worded the my prior sentence “what FA men perceive as realism”. A girl who wears no makeup and looks like a straight slob could be the fakest person in the world, ***especially if she is doing it specifically to be perceived as more real.***

The purpose is to talk about REVEALING VS LESS REVEALING CLOTHING. The purpose is not to attack women for having a personal style or the way that you falsely perceived their personality.  Clothing is relevant to all models/women no matter what their personal style because they can easily be changed and I thought that the results of the poll @Madilyn conducted were very interesting. I personally have a pretty even mix throughout my videos of denim and bikinis because I get the appeal of those garments, yoga pants and leggings I don’t get. 

What I’m most interested in -

is it the aspect of the “tease”?

Is it the aspect of humiliation - the clothes being too tight  (that’s the obvious reason) or *that that’s all that can still fit them.* or the “slob” thing.

Or any other reason that I just don’t get or couldn’t think of

*And obviously I think about all this stuff and wonder about the thoughts of others  because I’m so dumb all I think about and talk about is my makeup and hair! Also my style is so offensive to you that you combed through my whole thread to find photos, what?! And you’ve commented on my thread before, so obviously you think I have something interesting to say? I don’t get it.

• Curvage Model
10 minutes ago, anonfin said:

I feel so fortunate and grateful that you feel at ease and even enjoy wearing skirts and dresses! 🔥😍

Thank you so much!!! They are my favorite!!! In real life I wear skirts/dresses almost every day in the summer, winter means pants and they aren’t as comfortable to me.

• Curvage Model
1 minute ago, Madilyn said:

I agree. I was going to say, its the 'bulging out' that is probably the hot part.

For me, I would rather see less clothes too, but I sort of understand.

Thank you for replying, I wasn’t sure if you were annoyed with me tagging you so much! 😂 But your research has inspired this thread so I thought it best to give you credit!!!

• Curvage Model
22 minutes ago, Mjohnson said:

for me it’s the suggestion that she has chosen the outfit that makes her look fat , she wants to look fat and understands that boys like to see it too ,

Very interesting!!! I’ve thought about this concept before but not in reference to this particularly. Thank you!!!

• Curvage Model

@JohnnyX- I want to reply but I have to really edit it because it’s already too long. I want to send you the essay that was written to me on this subject because I’m curious what you think. It contains models names as examples so I don’t feel it should be posted here. Because you’re private I think you have to message me first for me to send it. It’s not long but I think you will find it interesting.

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, senorclean said:

I didn't participate in the poll, but I like both.  I like clothed pics though because I like seeing vbo and every part of a bbw's figure highlighted in clothes. I also like clothed pics because it's an example of something that I could encounter IRL. Like you said, I could imagine the bbw as a girl I could see in the grocery store, walking down the street, etc, which is always a good part of the day to actually see. I also like clothed pics because their "realistic" nature can often give me a me a chance to appreciate a bbw's size relative to their surroundings. 

This doesn't have to be restricted to ootd type pics though.  obviously if they're bikini shots at the beach, then they can have the same effect.  To a point it has to do with the style of photo. Like with boberry, I often find myself more into her candid style photos than her professionally shot ones, whether they are clothed or not.  Like one of her early photos from before modeling was her half naked on a bed flaunting her ass, but the candidness of the photo made it one of the hottest ones I've seen of hers to this day, even though she's probably ~200 lbs lighter than sets at her heaviest.  This aspect is not even necessarily conditional to bbw's for me, as it can often apply to thin women that I'm into as well. Amateur photos just have natural charm that professionally enhanced ones struggle to reproduce.

What are vbo and ootd? I get the appeal of the candid shots and people on Curvage certainly seem to like them better! 

• Curvage Model

It’s just depressing because in real life I don’t really show my body very much, because of my overall look I fear people think I’m screaming for attention if I show too much cleavage and I’m not super happy about my weight so I don’t want to show how fat I am.

So this is the ONE place that I can look as sexy as I want and that’s actually discouraged. I find it very strange. I always believed that if someone feels confident in an outfit the confidence it’s self was attractive. Here is a GIF of me from one of my videos, I absolutely love it,  and you can really tell how turned on I am, but somehow the photos of me with no makeup got more reactions!  But dressing like that to make content makes me feel good, and I don’t know, I just always thought most men wanted to see women look good? 

Which always brings me back to the humiliation aspect every time. Like if you want to make this type of content leave all self worth at the door and look as shitty and sloppy as possible because apparently that’s the “right” thing to do here?

So the question is- is seeing women look confident and owning their sexuality a turn off? That may sound sarcastic, but I’m serious, there must be something to that considering how much of a theme humiliation is.

3CB6C171-3EB3-4CFB-9741-D370A26DF941.gif

33CEA85B-5E41-4575-AA01-DA093D0634A6.jpeg

• Curvage Model
3 minutes ago, Sommelier said:

Whomever is discouraging ANY image of you isn’t doing this Curvage thing right as far as I’m concerned.

What is your opinion though? I know you are a big fan of  @gorJESS and she always puts every ounce of personality into every single aspect of everything, yet I feel some of the more popular models show no personality or style and that seems to allow men to project any personality onto them that they want, and maybe that’s part of the reason for their success?

• Curvage Model

From my personal video buying experience I’m very annoyed/disappointed/ feel ripped off if the model doesn’t show her body in the video. I think it was the first video I ever bought here from an extremely popular model and most of it was looking at the screen of her phone (the story involved Tinder) and seeing her in a sweatshirt and leggings and then finally in the end for less than 2 seconds you get to kind of see her in a bikini because her body is cut off in the frame. So why would anyone pay to see a model fully clothed? I was shocked that any model would think they were delivering by showing literally nothing in a video! I hadn’t realized when I bought it that she would not show anything in the video! 

Thinking of what @fat_elf said, when you are in a relationship especially if you live together you see your partner partially dressed every day when they are getting ready, or coming out of the shower, plus around the house often I wear just sweatpants and a sports bra now that I feel pretty comfortable with my belly. Also isn’t the point of the videos to fantasize that you are that model’s lover? 

Also I still can’t wrap my mind around how a chubby/fat woman being proud to show her body in lingerie could be interpreted as insecurity! 

But mostly I feel the “realism” concept is a little weak, the outfit  has to look like something a woman would wear to Walmart to look “real” yet all these 100 lb girls claiming to want to be immobile as soon as possible doesn’t read as fake? Really? The idea of a woman wanting to get fat just for you is realistic but lingerie isn’t? I’m not trying to attack anyone, I just feel that the reasoning is a bit skewed. 

• Curvage Model
8 hours ago, gorJESS said:

See? That one guy doesn't like burping yet my burp compilations are some of my most watched videos! 
I tested the fully clothed theory in my last video. It ended up being one of my personal favorites. But even though I looked like I was dressed for a sexy interview with an undercover feeder boss and ate a bunch of McDonald's, I got hardly any feedback. So, whatever that's worth. 

Everything on this website is a matter of personal taste and opinion.

Ok, Gaelic Steve!😂 You know damn well that “oh everyone likes something different” isn’t a thing here! That’s why we are rated and our likes counted, and your favorite thing the “Leader Board”!, it’s all about what the majority of viewers like. To act like there is an equal amount of members that like each thing is ridiculous and something he would troll me with on threads, meanwhile he’s an “FA” who married a woman who was a *size zero* and only likes to see thin women gain, wouldn’t  “mind” dating a chubby girl, but that certainly isn’t his ideal (yeah, an FA....?), and on numerous occasions told me he doesn’t find “alt” girls attractive and doesn’t like that I have tattoos but can somehow see the good things in my videos even though, again, my personal style is repulsive. So if you are looking for the Curvage member prototype, he fits it perfectly! So for him or anyone to say, “oh, everyone likes something different, and it’s all equal” is nonsense and not even speaking from experience since he likes what all these other guys like too!

• Curvage Model

@gorJESS - The whole point of a poll or a thread is to look at the responses,  to say “oh see everyone likes something different” defeats the purpose of the thread, the thread shows patterns. We have talked before about “fantasy land” but even if that is what we might see, they don’t see it that way, and that’s why all this emphasis on “realism”.

The reason I brought him up because he would always say that every time I would try to prove a point. Like when I said “sneakily trying to make someone gain is wrong” and he jumps down my throat saying not everyone does that, I didn’t say everyone does that, I said it was wrong. 

I’m not saying everyone likes the same thing. But there are very obvious themes on the website. The *most successful* models started very skinny and gained a large amount of weight very quickly, that’s a fact. Not every single member is into that, but most are and the reputation points measure that.

I am angry that I get accused of being fake, dumb, shallow, “vulnerably narcissistic”,a whore, a bad person etc because of my personal style. Meanwhile the people making these assumptions aren’t taking the time to find out anything about me, but that somehow doesn’t make them shallow. 🤔

I’m going to guess that that doesn’t really happen to you because you have such a big personality, that’s most likely the first thing that everybody sees, so I imagine that you don’t get judged on how you look plus you don’t really have anything that I could see people judging you negatively about. I on the other hand have had to deal with that bullshit since I was 13. The past 7-8 years working in NYC and then being very successful in a high end salon in an area where there is a lot of old money made me falsely believe that the world had changed and people are now more open minded. Ha ha, jokes on me.

So being told that I’m fake and I’m wrong - I’m wrong for being myself, not possibly these people’s perceptions are wrong - no - I’m wrong for who I am and what I like, and I’m even more wrong for expressing it and then I’m even more wrong for getting frustrated that I’m getting judged just because I’m not willing to change my body or the way I express myself to make other people happy. - is really fucking infuriating. And it’s not a “what people think of me is none of my business” I’m being told these things like they are fact. It’s like the movie “Chucky” where they think they killed it so many times and it still crawls out with a knife taped to it’s hand and chases them.  To be clear I’m not referring to someone saying something isn’t their taste. I’m talking about someone saying that women who look a certain way *are* xyz.

And as I’ve said, I do change it up for different photos to show mostly that I’m not wearing makeup to “hide” that I’m some hideous beast, I just love how I look in beautiful makeup and I would say most women do, why that makes us fake I have no idea. I’m proud of my body so I like to show it on here and I don’t see how that is a sign of insecurity. 

I’m kind of glad that I made the thread because I didn’t realize just how much more these guys can see themselves with a woman if she is dressed more casually so I know to maybe incorporate it a little more but like @Bella Abbondanza- said, the clothes help tell the story of the video. Also I did think it was a lot more about humiliation and I’m still not sure about that.  But that said I’m not going to change my all over style and stop wearing makeup, I really don’t make enough money for this to not be fun for me, I want to be happy with what I make and happy with how I look.