Why do members on Curvage prefer to see Women in Clothes vs bikinis / lingerie

NocturnalDevotion

• Curvage Model

So it seems and especially after @Madilyn ‘s poll confirming it, that the members on Curvage (guys or girls) enjoy seeing models/regular women in jeans, leggings and yoga pants MORE than bikinis or lingerie. I need to get to the bottom of why!!!

Because most heavier girls wear those garments all the time, especially yoga pants and leggings, to me personally it’s *MUCH MORE* exciting to see a heavier girl in a bikini because that is so rare to see in real life. Before Curvage I actually used to Google “chubby girls in bikinis” and there aren’t all that many pics that I could find. I also feel the most confident in a micro bikini myself. 

I get the jeans a little more because of the muffin top potential but the appeal of yoga pants and leggings alludes me! 

Again, the fact that heavier girls are usually covered up in real life you would think the less clothes the better. 

Any answers are welcome, my husband doesn’t get it at all and isn’t an FA so it’s DEFINITELY an FA thing and I can’t get perspective from him!!!

The tightness look of it is what I think it is, well I can only really speak for myself but that's my guess. The look of a tight t-shirt unable to cover ones belly no matter how much they try to pull it down and pants that are far far too tight to button. They can struggle all they want but deep down you know its in vain. There is few things in this word that turn me on more than a belly hanging free from unbuttoned jeans. Also yeah muffin tops are fucking awesome.

But that's not to say bikinis and lingerie aren't great, they are. However, good ol simple jeans can't be beat, at least for me. Now I'm really interested in what other people have to say about this.

Guest FupaLover
2 hours ago, ThatGuyDimitri said:

The tightness look of it is what I think it is, well I can only really speak for myself but that's my guess. The look of a tight t-shirt unable to cover ones belly no matter how much they try to pull it down and pants that are far far too tight to button. They can struggle all they want but deep down you know its in vain. There is few things in this word that turn me on more than a belly hanging free from unbuttoned jeans. Also yeah muffin tops are fucking awesome.

But that's not to say bikinis and lingerie aren't great, they are. However, good ol simple jeans can't be beat, at least for me. Now I'm really interested in what other people have to say about this.

When my girlfriend started to put on weight. I could barely contain my excitement when she would unbutton her jeans and her soft belly would spill out into her lap. 

Another thought I just had: you know how when you order a burger from Red Robin that’s so huge that the middle barely fits in the buns and you can’t fit the whole thing into your mouth without squeezing with both hands while tilting your head? That’s how you know it’s gonna be a damn good borger. I think of girls like that, except their skins spills a bit over their clothes instead of beef over the buns.

image.thumb.jpeg.15c1f95ed81d3b17802b1588851ab55b.jpeg

I am terribly attracted to two things: a. women in skirts / dresses (regardless of size). b. large women.

When you put a+b, the result to me is lethal.

"women in skirts / dresses" meaning, in the context of the OP, MORE than in bikinis or lingerie. Far more.

P.S. damn my perfectionism! I think I'm done editing now... 😑

While I do like both, I think the casual nature of just wearing clothes is appealing. It is like how you'd see folks out and about in normal every day circumstances, which ones is likely to see far more than a lingerie/bikini shot. And yes, the thought of outgrowing them or just generally being ill-fitting adds to that appeal.

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, AdamansTemplum said:

While I do like both, I think the casual nature of just wearing clothes is appealing. It is like how you'd see folks out and about in normal every day circumstances, which ones is likely to see far more than a lingerie/bikini shot. And yes, the thought of outgrowing them or just generally being ill-fitting adds to that appeal.

Thank you so much for your answer!!! Why is it being casual appealing? I’m asking because I think you are hitting on something close to my theory that FA men are attracted to what they see as realism. No or little makeup, messy hair, that sort of thing. But also if you always see bigger women in clothes, wouldn’t it be more exciting to see something different? Or is it the idea that your favorite model could be the girl next to you at the grocery store? I saw that you started a thread about liking to discuss things so I thought I’d ask.  I’m always very curious about how people think!

To all- thank you for all the responses!!! I didn’t get any notifications so I didn’t realize and then I saw all the replies and it was so nice!!!

1 minute ago, NogutNoglory said:

Thank you so much for your answer!!! Why is it being casual appealing? I’m asking because I think you are hitting on something close to my theory that FA men are attracted to what they see as realism. No or little makeup, messy hair, that sort of thing. But also if you always see bigger women in clothes, wouldn’t it be more exciting to see something different? Or is it the idea that your favorite model could be the girl next to you at the grocery store? I saw that you started a thread about liking to discuss things so I thought I’d ask.  I’m always very curious about how people think!

To all- thank you for all the responses!!! I didn’t get any notifications so I didn’t realize and then I saw all the replies and it was so nice!!!

I am not wholly sure why being casual is so appealing. I think I fit well into your theory because yes, I enjoy the realism, though I might be an outlier among them? Maybe it has something to do with how so many people (of all genders) get too worked up over appearance? Maybe it comes down to my own personable nature and wondering what folks lives are beyond sight or minimal interaction? I like to see people in their comfort zone or, as you said, how you'd see them in the grocery store. I won't complain about any person wearing lingerie, bikinis and the like, but that somehow feels more special. In a similar way, seeing someone in a bikini or lingerie enough times, you get used to the sight (disregarding any weight changes since a prior time of wearing it) so I would like to assume that the appeal is ultimately as typical as seeing them in clothing. I honestly don't know, though. I'm just throwing thought out there.

Guest MX8XV93

@NogutNoglory Well for one, I'm not a fan of lingerie, in general.  Or makeup.  Or heels.  Or clothing that is fancy/frilly.  Or intentionally trying to be sexy/attractive.  To me, a woman who is fairly close to her natural state seems "real" and projects confidence.  This opens up the possibility for authenticity, which I see as a prerequisite for intimacy--and is, in itself, naturally sexy/attractive.  On the other hand, a woman who is peacocking seems "fake" to me and projects a lack of confidence, as in "I'm trying to use these clothes/frills/etc. to distract you from the real me."  Perhaps that isn't her intention.  But subjectively, that is what I see.

Some of my preferences here are a result of my practical experiences, as well.  I myself like to be pretty informal and underdress a bit.  I'm the sort of guy who wears a t-shirt and shorts to a $25/30-a-plate restaurant and dresses up for something a few times a year, only when I pretty much have to do so (like a wedding or a particularly important meeting or something).  So when a woman I'm taking to said restaurant (at least, in the pre-Covid times anyway... 😄) comes all dolled up, it can be a bit awkward.  I'll also add, historically, that women who liked doing lots of makeup/looking fancy have sometimes left me staring at the wall for 30 minutes while she overruns her estimate to get ready (again) but there isn't really time to start doing something else--and there is also a constant barrier to doing something, as in "Look at me.  I can't go to the grocery store like this."  On the other hand, women who don't do so tend to be ready when I am (if not sooner), and things tend to flow a bit better.

Thus, to use your own photos as an example, I much prefer a set like this one:

or this one (more revealing but still natural and plain):

as opposed to one like this:

• Curvage Model
2 minutes ago, JohnnyX said:

@NogutNoglory Well for one, I'm not a fan of lingerie, in general.  Or makeup.  Or heels.  Or clothing that is fancy/frilly.  Or intentionally trying to be sexy/attractive.  To me, a woman who is fairly close to her natural state seems "real" and projects confidence.  This opens up the possibility for authenticity, which I see as a prerequisite for intimacy--and is, in itself, naturally sexy/attractive.  On the other hand, a woman who is peacocking seems "fake" to me and projects a lack of confidence, as in "I'm trying to use these clothes/frills/etc. to distract you from the real me."  Perhaps that isn't her intention.  But subjectively, that is what I see.

Some of my preferences here are a result of my practical experiences, as well.  I myself like to be pretty informal and underdress a bit.  I'm the sort of guy who wears a t-shirt and shorts to a $25/30-a-plate restaurant and dresses up for something a few times a year, only when I pretty much have to do so (like a wedding or a particularly important meeting or something).  So when a woman I'm taking to said restaurant (at least, in the pre-Covid times anyway... 😄) comes all dolled up, it can be a bit awkward.  I'll also add, historically, that women who liked doing lots of makeup/looking fancy have sometimes left me staring at the wall for 30 minutes while she overruns her estimate to get ready (again) but there isn't really time to start doing something else--and there is also a constant barrier to doing something, as in "Look at me.  I can't go to the grocery store like this."  On the other hand, women who don't do so tend to be ready when I am (if not sooner), and things tend to flow a bit better.

Thus, to use your own photos as an example, I much prefer a set like this one:

or this one (more revealing but still natural and plain):

as opposed to one like this:

None of those came up, if you can just screenshot the photos and attach them. This just brought me to the top of my whole thread 

Guest MX8XV93
3 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

None of those came up, if you can just screenshot the photos and attach them. This just brought me to the top of my whole thread 

First set I linked to:

3128CE8E-55A3-4A31-8BAB-EECACEA15ED6.jpeg.c49105e0e3bd229bc59651c975ab4b77.thumb.jpeg.e293a42601fa22f4e88b4e78efdf0ff0.jpeg

Second set:

30644255-CC0C-48AB-B4E6-D7567D651BF7.jpeg.1dbc04a3b43a4eaf2f3b059fce5243b2.thumb.jpeg.d2661746d568ba85888aca6021ba3c9a.jpeg

Third set:

553D7956-E5E3-4B42-A17C-5471E4979ABE.png.5fb2a1cedbee3d25a1962e9337d066a1.thumb.png.87b554826fd3f288c34dfdac5197a0b7.png

Also, as a general reference, I think you have to click on the top of the link (where it says "NogutNoglory replied to a topic" or the date of your post) as opposed to the bottom (the thread title) for the link to go to that particular comment.  On my end, I couldn't figure out how to un-embed them, either...

• Curvage Model
22 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

On the other hand, a woman who is peacocking seems "fake" to me and projects a lack of confidence, as in "I'm trying to use these clothes/frills/etc. to distract you from the real me."  Perhaps that isn't her intention.  But subjectively, that is what I see.

A. Are you Mr. Froggy under a different name?

***B. I don’t see a woman looking like a slob as confidence, I just don’t. When a woman can’t be bothered to do her hair or makeup or dress nice I see it as she doesn’t feel she “deserves” to look nice. Which I think plays well with FA men who are into humiliation.

C. Ok, so I can do both, am I a fake or real person? Maybe you have had bad experiences with women who dress nicely before but to say that a woman who cares about herself is vapid, self centered and dumb is a bit of a reach. Someone who has a very similar sentiment to you said that I wear makeup because I must be hiding something. That is why I posted the no makeup photos, see not hiding!  I just like to look nice. To see the same woman no makeup, plain clothes, same hair, (I’m sure uncolored is your preference) would get extremely boring, no? To me creativity in a partner or even someone that I admire is extremely important. The jeans and t shirt no makeup look shows a complete lack of creativity or personality at all. That to me looks like someone who can’t have an interesting conversation, they have no taste, no personality, no drive. 

Edited by NogutNoglory

1 hour ago, NogutNoglory said:

my theory that FA men are attracted to what they see as realism

1 hour ago, NogutNoglory said:

your favorite model could be the girl next to you at the grocery store

very good points, and I agree with both! As I said it before, FA / feederism etc. is a very particular scene that breaks a lot of conventional boundaries. Breaks the fourth wall, so to speak. The fav model is the girl at the grocery store / McDonalds etc. To me, the realism and brutal honesty of it are VERY important / core elements.

• Curvage Model

@JohnnyX
To clarify- I did not start this thread to be called dumb, fake and unconfident. Especially since none of that is true. If evidence is needed my thread provides plenty of responses saying how authentic and honest I am. As well as evidence that plenty of people are perfectly happy with how I present myself. Also I did no makeup pics, be fucking grateful god damn!

**** I’m not changing who I am to make other people happy, and that makes me .....fake???****

Why I worded the my prior sentence “what FA men perceive as realism”. A girl who wears no makeup and looks like a straight slob could be the fakest person in the world, ***especially if she is doing it specifically to be perceived as more real.***

The purpose is to talk about REVEALING VS LESS REVEALING CLOTHING. The purpose is not to attack women for having a personal style or the way that you falsely perceived their personality.  Clothing is relevant to all models/women no matter what their personal style because they can easily be changed and I thought that the results of the poll @Madilyn conducted were very interesting. I personally have a pretty even mix throughout my videos of denim and bikinis because I get the appeal of those garments, yoga pants and leggings I don’t get. 

What I’m most interested in -

is it the aspect of the “tease”?

Is it the aspect of humiliation - the clothes being too tight  (that’s the obvious reason) or *that that’s all that can still fit them.* or the “slob” thing.

Or any other reason that I just don’t get or couldn’t think of

*And obviously I think about all this stuff and wonder about the thoughts of others  because I’m so dumb all I think about and talk about is my makeup and hair! Also my style is so offensive to you that you combed through my whole thread to find photos, what?! And you’ve commented on my thread before, so obviously you think I have something interesting to say? I don’t get it.

1 hour ago, JohnnyX said:

I'm the sort of guy who wears a t-shirt and shorts to a $25/30-a-plate restaurant and dresses up for something a few times a year, only when I pretty much have to do so (like a wedding or a particularly important meeting or something).  So when a woman I'm taking to said restaurant (at least, in the pre-Covid times anyway... 😄) comes all dolled up, it can be a bit awkward.  I'll also add, historically, that women who liked doing lots of makeup/looking fancy have sometimes left me staring at the wall for 30 minutes while she overruns her estimate to get ready (again) but there isn't really time to start doing something else--and there is also a constant barrier to doing something, as in "Look at me.  I can't go to the grocery store like this."  On the other hand, women who don't do so tend to be ready when I am (if not sooner), and things tend to flow a bit better.

$25/30 a plate is not exactly a nice restaurant...  that's all you're spending on a woman's food and you call your self an FA? 🤣🤣

27 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

I personally have a pretty even mix throughout my videos of denim and bikinis because I get the appeal of those garments, yoga pants and leggings I don’t get

I feel so fortunate and grateful that you feel at ease and even enjoy wearing skirts and dresses! 🔥😍

• Curvage Model
10 minutes ago, anonfin said:

I feel so fortunate and grateful that you feel at ease and even enjoy wearing skirts and dresses! 🔥😍

Thank you so much!!! They are my favorite!!! In real life I wear skirts/dresses almost every day in the summer, winter means pants and they aren’t as comfortable to me.

Guest MX8XV93

Before I get started here, know that I am a philosopher-type who likes to over-analyze the crap out of society/ideas/trends, and that I often speak generally.  My intent is not to attack you but share my thoughts about ideas, and I'm doing my best to answer your question honestly so that you can learn what you hoped to find.  I'll try to explicitly qualify statements where appropriate and be less ambiguous about when I'm talking about an individual, when I'm talking about a trend that I think I see (or "many"), and when I'm talking about everyone (or "all").  With that said, that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like my answer, either, so take that as you may.  If you find it useful, great.  If you don't, then feel free to disregard it.

52 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

A. Are you Mr. Froggy under a different name?

As I believe you've asked before, I am not Mr. Froggy--nor do I know who that is.

5 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

***B. I don’t see a woman looking like a slob as confidence, I just don’t. When a woman can’t be bothered to do her hair or makeup or dress nice I see it as she doesn’t feel she “deserves” to look nice. Which I think plays well with FA men who are into humiliation.

To be clear, though I don't mind slobishness (I'm not specifically attracted to it, either), I am by no means saying that slobishness is a prerequisite for authenticity.  One can be natural and plain without being a slob--and, on the other hand, if one is artistic/creative (for instance, you), one's appearance may be an extension of that, and thus authentic even if unnatural.

For many (though not all), I do think overdressing/fanciness can be the outward indication of a lack of confidence, and I think even you would probably admit that there are many people who don't have much of a personality (or who feel they don't have an attractive body) and use frills/makeup/other accoutrements to try to distract from that.  If it was not for that, the advertising industry (which very often sells on insecurities) would essentially cease to exist, yet it has not.  That is not the same thing as saying that no one who dresses up has a personality or feels attractive.  One could (and many do) have a very interesting personality and find themselves very attractive--yet still dress up.  However, in my life, I've seen so many of the first case that my mind naturally makes that association unless proven otherwise.  I don't think that's true in your particular case.  Though I started with that assumption, I later realized it was false (and I have with other individuals both online and offline, as well).

Regarding "looking nice", it is my belief that most (though I'm not going to say all... I'm not a body-positivist) women do look nice in their natural state.  However, I (in my subjective opinion) think that for most women (especially those who aren't artistic/beauty professionals), time spent on appearance (beyond basic hygiene and not wearing stuff that's super-baggy with lots of holes) usually detracts from it, rather than adding to it.

7 minutes ago, NogutNoglory said:

That is why I posted the no makeup photos, see not hiding!  I just like to look nice. To see the same woman no makeup, plain clothes, same hair, (I’m sure uncolored is your preference) would get extremely boring, no? To me creativity in a partner or even someone that I admire is extremely important. The jeans and t shirt no makeup look shows a complete lack of creativity or personality at all. That to me looks like someone who can’t have an interesting conversation, they have no taste, no personality, no drive.

You do.

And as for looking for creativity in a partner or someone I admire, I agree completely.  But again, I've found that the many creative people are often quite plain.  People who are creative do cool things by focusing on something (whether art, philosophy, engineering, politics, or something else) incredibly intensely--and appearance often becomes secondary (unless, of course, their creative outlet is appearance-related, which, assuming I'm correct in implying that you're a hairstylist based on your picture above, would definitely be true in your case).  All I'm saying here is don't write off the plain people.  😄  And I'll try my best to not write off the fancy ones.

As for your case, by the types of questions you ask and the quality of responses you give, I can tell you like to learn--and are not one of those boring people.  But to answer your question directly; no, I wouldn't find it boring if someone wore pretty much the same type of thing every day.  After all, I do, and I'm far from boring.

1 minute ago, NogutNoglory said:

A girl who wears no makeup and looks like a straight slob could be the fakest person in the world, ***especially if she is doing it specifically to be perceived as more real.***

A solid point!

Guest MX8XV93
22 minutes ago, Noji said:

$25/30 a plate is not exactly a nice restaurant...  that's all you're spending on a woman's food and you call your self an FA? 🤣🤣

Lol.  Where I live, that's easily the top 20% of restaurants.