Disabling downloads on Curvage Clip

Kenzo998

I was just curious to know if anyone has thought about disabling the downloads feature on Curvage clips and just making it so that they can only be played on the site’s videos player, it might solve the problem of models clips being stolen and posted on other sites? 

Disabling downloads wouldn't do much as people would just screen record and share them like they do with onlyfans.  even if it was effective, this is also a bad idea for basic usability among other things, as if the site ever goes down due to harddrive failure or otherwise, or the administrator abandons the site, you can no longer get the content you paid for.  I've seen the former happen, and back around 2012 before there was even curvage clips, the founder of curvage decided to suddenly abandon the site and let it expire.  it wasn't until some time later that s77 decided to step in resurrect it, but EVERYTHING was lost. I'm not saying I think s77 will do something like that, but this site shouldn't have a single point of failure, especially when paid content is involved.

• Curvage Model

An incredible perk of modeling for Curvage is an efficient and fast DMCA takedown service that has been provided to models to use when piracy occurs. Piracy, sadly, occurs everywhere. Curvage provides all models with plenty of tools, advice, and support to both prevent it from happening and resolve it when it does :) 

I also think it would be a bad idea to rely solely on the website's built-in player because it's just so extremely slow when loading videos I've bought, and it constantly freezes throughout the video to need to load more of it.

That's why I almost exclusively download videos I've bought so that I can watch them without any delay whenever I want.

6 minutes ago, Miikey said:

I also think it would be a bad idea to rely solely on the website's built-in player because it's just so extremely slow when loading videos I've bought, and it constantly freezes throughout the video to need to load more of it.

A bit off topic but we are working on this. Expect things to improve over the next few months.

Thank you :)

• Curvage Model

I think that would kind of diminish the factor of "I'm owning this video and can store it on my harddrive etc." Also it's just good to have a backup, when the online services are disabled or other problems occur. And to be honest: Would that really stop piracy? You can not stop piracy. The only users who would be harmed by a digital/streaming only service are the ones not pirating. ( I hope you get what i mean, English is not my native language)

Guest gorJESS

Interesting, I was just thinking recently about downloads. Not so much that they should be disabled but that a person shouldn’t be required to download a video in order to leave a review. Just my humble opinion. 🙂 

6 minutes ago, gorJESS said:

Interesting, I was just thinking recently about downloads. Not so much that they should be disabled but that a person shouldn’t be required to download a video in order to leave a review. Just my humble opinion. 🙂 

They can either download or view on the site player before leaving a review. I think it is a good idea that they have to view the video before reviewing it, otherwise how would the judge the quality?

On 3/31/2021 at 5:58 PM, Kenzo998 said:

I was just curious to know if anyone has thought about disabling the downloads feature on Curvage clips and just making it so that they can only be played on the site’s videos player, it might solve the problem of models clips being stolen and posted on other sites? 

This would do nothing to combat piracy. It would only serve to inconvenience and annoy those who bought the clip and have a slow internet connection. 

Guest gorJESS
6 minutes ago, Tastic1 said:

They can either download or view on the site player before leaving a review. I think it is a good idea that they have to view the video before reviewing it, otherwise how would the judge the quality?

Of course they should watch it first but I was told that it was necessary to download a video in order to review it. 🤔

C29F7972-11D2-4C2E-8EC5-D0406216D6A0.png

Edited by gorJESS
Could’ve sworn...

8 minutes ago, Tastic1 said:

I have left plenty of reviews without downloading 😀

Me too, I just watch them through the site as they’re all saved on here once you purchase them. I’ve never actually downloaded any of them. Been able to leave reviews after just purchasing them (and maybe after several rewatches 😉)

Guest gorJESS
5 minutes ago, Tastic1 said:

I have left plenty of reviews without downloading 😀

Weird. Looks like we have some conflicting information here. Hopefully somebody will clear it up.

Guest gorJESS
1 minute ago, Sommelier said:

Me too, I just watch them through the site as they’re all saved on here once you purchase them. I’ve never actually downloaded any of them. Been able to leave reviews after just purchasing them (and maybe after several rewatches 😉)

That’s very good news! I wonder why there’s a post from a mod saying step one is to download it. 🤔 I’d chalk it up to old news but I myself had to download the one video I’ve ever watched/reviewed. 
I believe you guys tho. Maybe info just needs to be updated in that other thread. 🤷‍♀️😊

• Curvage Model

Apologies for misinformation - either download it or watch it then refresh the page. However, if for some reason you watch it and you still can’t review it - definitely download it and then try again. I know for a handful of users that has happened before. We’re all human here at Curvage! Sorry for the confusion :)