Limiting Status Updates

Synthesis

Community Input  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the status update limitation be, or do you completely disagree with the suggestion?

• 10 minutes.
    • 20 minutes.
    • 30 minutes.
    • 40 minutes.
    • 50 minutes.
    • 60 minutes.
    • I completely disagree with this suggestion.

Announcement:

Seems there is an incredible demand for this feature both to help customers find updates before they are lost and to reduce some of the pressures to rapid fire post to stay on the front page.

Thus we are proud to announce that our developers got to work producing exactly what is requested here.  We will start by limiting models to posting Status updates about once every 3 hours at most. This prevents any rapid fire posting. Effective now!

Enjoy

Thank you :)

4 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Awesome news S77 and I hugely appreciate you implementing the suggestion for the community, but I can't help being curious as to why it's starting at three hours. Not like I'd personally have an issue against it as long as it was how the community wanted it, however the consensus via the poll suggests a fair demand between thirty to sixty minutes so it may irritate those lower time period voters who expected an hour at most so far.

Perhaps the announcement thread for this change could have another poll that offers the longer time options like three hours and it can be changed down the line?

The data was analyzed to see what time point would actually create the most positive impact and 3 hours was determined to be best. It's not locked in stone but it seems to be a good place to start.  Thank you :)

25 minutes ago, gorJESS said:

They used to be unlimited but then after a poll/debate, reactions were limited to prevent manipulation of a leaderboard. I don’t know if things have changed since then. Very possibly, but @Synthesis mentioned it recently so I’m assuming the limit is still in place. 

Just for clarity they were never unlimited. Perhaps they may have felt unlimited but they were not. They were simply less limited than they are now. There was always a limit to give reactions a bit of value and encourage folks to save them for content they actually deem worthy.