Limiting Status Updates

Synthesis

Community Input  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the status update limitation be, or do you completely disagree with the suggestion?

• 10 minutes.
    • 20 minutes.
    • 30 minutes.
    • 40 minutes.
    • 50 minutes.
    • 60 minutes.
    • I completely disagree with this suggestion.

1 minute ago, gorJESS said:

They used to be unlimited but then after a poll/debate, reactions were limited to prevent manipulation of a leaderboard. I don’t know if things have changed since then. Very possibly, but @Synthesis mentioned it recently so I’m assuming the limit is still in place. 

1 hour ago, ElizaBellyLovely said:

What is the reactions limit? I have never heard of that 

The leaderboard for some models can be seen as an essential asset/tool to be noticed, it certainly provides exposure to be seen on the front page. Originally it used to be a lot more fleshed out on the front page in that it showed you the top ten models with the most reactions/likes on the community. A suggestion thread was made to hide or remove it, at the time reactions didn't have any limitations and accusations were made that particular models may have been manipulating their way onto the top ten leaderboard positions.

The solution in the end was hiding the leaderboard behind a hyperlinked button, and the reactions having a limit of a fixed amount per day. Anything that ever involves finances will have its exploitations, that's why regulations to some degree is essential so it's fair and equal for all. The reaction limit is certainly still in place, the less amount of status updates now will certainly help users save some of their reactions.

25 minutes ago, gorJESS said:

They used to be unlimited but then after a poll/debate, reactions were limited to prevent manipulation of a leaderboard. I don’t know if things have changed since then. Very possibly, but @Synthesis mentioned it recently so I’m assuming the limit is still in place. 

Just for clarity they were never unlimited. Perhaps they may have felt unlimited but they were not. They were simply less limited than they are now. There was always a limit to give reactions a bit of value and encourage folks to save them for content they actually deem worthy.

Guest gorJESS

Just for clarity they were never unlimited. Perhaps they may have felt unlimited but they were not. They were simply less limited than they are now.
My bad. Reactions were "reduced" to prevent manipulation blah blah blah, which was the point. 👍 

There was always a limit to give reactions a bit of value and encourage folks to save them for content they actually deem worthy.
Which was improved upon because it wasn't working well enough.

Anyway, excellent thread and topic. Always room for positive change. 🙂 

Edited by gorJESS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

This is great idea however...I just ran across an issue...I posted some photos and went to go add a photo to my post & after hitting submit the photo views weren't showing up. I was told it looked like broken links, my photos wouldn't  even load for me to delete then..had no way of fixing it. I just ended up deleting my post..now I've gotta hang around and wait 3 hours to post. 

I really think we should be given an hour as a privilege cause 3 hours is just too long to me. I understand it prevents from over posting..I just think as models we should be able to share more freely, while we are online we're on to work & chat etc..maybe give everyone a max of 5 posts a day and if the model decides to post all 5 within 2 hours that's on her..I dunno...just a suggestion. 😣

• Curvage Model
1 hour ago, HungrylilKitty said:

This is great idea however...I just ran across an issue...I posted some photos and went to go add a photo to my post & after hitting submit the photo views weren't showing up. I was told it looked like broken links, my photos wouldn't  even load for me to delete then..had no way of fixing it. I just ended up deleting my post..now I've gotta hang around and wait 3 hours to post. 

I really think we should be given an hour as a privilege cause 3 hours is just too long to me. I understand it prevents from over posting..I just think as models we should be able to share more freely, while we are online we're on to work & chat etc..maybe give everyone a max of 5 posts a day and if the model decides to post all 5 within 2 hours that's on her..I dunno...just a suggestion. 😣

I totally agree. The every-three-hour rule has been really difficult to adjust to. I used to just post a few times on my breaks and then before bed and now I find myself sneaking off to the bathroom during work and setting alarms to wake me up from sleep as to try not to "waste" my post-budget. I've been lurking around the forums to try to figure how those work because I know that we can post as much we want to there, but I'm so nervous to for some reason. 😭

Edited by MissSugarPlumpFairy
Typo

• Curvage Model
2 minutes ago, MissSugarPlumpFairy said:

I totally agree. The every-three-hour rule has been really difficult to adjust to. I used to just post a few times on my breaks and then before bed and now I find myself sneaking off to the bathroom during workman's setting alarms to wake me up from sleep as to try not to "waste" my post-budget. I've been lurking around the forums to try to figure how those work because I know that we can post as much we want to there, but I'm so nervous to for some reason. 😭

1st of all..um HELLO GORGEOUSNESS! 🤯 haha sorry I just had to, you're so pretty! lol....& oh my gosh awww 🥺 definitely don't be afraid to post, it's a great way of making friends etc. 

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one going through this, I wasn't trying to be dramatic & was hesitant to even post but I just knew I couldn't be the only one. I'm sure many other girl's with a schedule are running into the same problem. I'm totally for the post limit but I really do think it should also be a lil more flexible (5 posts a day whenever the model wants to post) I myself like to come on and post pics and then post about any new videos or deals Ive got going on in the morning or afternoon and then I'll come on before bed & do the same..I do that like twice a day max so a total of 4 posts and maybe 5 if I've got something else to share.

17 hours ago, HungrylilKitty said:

I really think we should be given an hour as a privilege cause 3 hours is just too long to me.😣

15 hours ago, MissSugarPlumpFairy said:

I totally agree. The every-three-hour rule has been really difficult to adjust to.

It had to be brought up eventually if it became a problem, I was initially rooting for the hour since that's what was voted for in the poll however the choice was three hours as @S77 considered it to be a whole lot more effective as he's mentioned earlier in the thread. I still believe another poll should eventually be in the works now that the community has had a chance to experiment with the new rule.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, S77 said:

The data was analyzed to see what time point would actually create the most positive impact and 3 hours was determined to be best. It's not locked in stone but it seems to be a good place to start.  Thank you :)

• Curvage Model
6 hours ago, Synthesis said:

It had to be brought up eventually if it became a problem, I was initially rooting for the hour since that's what was voted for in the poll however the choice was three hours as @S77 considered it to be a whole lot more effective as he's mentioned earlier in the thread. I still believe another poll should eventually be in the works now that the community has had a chance to experiment with the new rule.

Heyy..I remember you! I honestly had no idea it was you that suggested this haha anywho,

you quoted me on the wrong suggestion hun haha I kinda changed my mind on the hour thing..I suggested maybe we get a max of 5 posts a day..*shrug* 

".maybe give everyone a max of 5 posts a day and if the model decides to post all 5 within 2 hours that's on her..I dunno...just a suggestion."

Edited by HungrylilKitty

• Curvage Model

The downside of limited posts/3 hours between posts is that you get a lot of posts at the same "tested and proven" times. I dont have data if visibility has improved since the change, because i was no model at the time before. Did anyone that suffered from the "no limit police" see an increase?

13 hours ago, HungrylilKitty said:

Heyy..I remember you! I honestly had no idea it was you that suggested this haha anywho,

you quoted me on the wrong suggestion hun haha I kinda changed my mind on the hour thing..I suggested maybe we get a max of 5 posts a day..*shrug* 

".maybe give everyone a max of 5 posts a day and if the model decides to post all 5 within 2 hours that's on her..I dunno...just a suggestion."

Totally my bad and it's potentially a great solution. My only concern with it is that members may utilize all five posts during rush hours on the site to get a sizeable chunk of page presence. As long as a few members didn't take advantage, then it wouldn't have encouraged everybody else to do the same just to keep up and get noticed. I absolutely agree though that a solution for accidental status update deletion or status update editing should come about, it shouldn't ever waste a post and you should be able to gain it back as it's much more valuable now than ever.

9 hours ago, Chubby-Gamer-GF said:

The downside of limited posts/3 hours between posts is that you get a lot of posts at the same "tested and proven" times. I dont have data if visibility has improved since the change, because i was no model at the time before. Did anyone that suffered from the "no limit police" see an increase?

Any chance @S77 that you could show us some of those juicy analytics, it would be awesome to have some perspective on if the limit has improved visibility? 🙏