Limiting Status Updates

Synthesis

Community Input  

190 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the status update limitation be, or do you completely disagree with the suggestion?

• 10 minutes.
    • 20 minutes.
    • 30 minutes.
    • 40 minutes.
    • 50 minutes.
    • 60 minutes.
    • I completely disagree with this suggestion.

I'll try to be as brief as I can with this suggestion. Do take into mind that whatever I discuss is only a concept, it would heavily depend on the communities input on this thread to firstly bring about these changes, along with secondly fine tuning them to a state that everybody can be comfortable with.

Status updates as they stand are completely unlimited. There's probably a spam filter of some sort or a timer, however for the most part if you wanted to then you can easily post a stream of messages that are as long as you'd want them to be. It's no secret to even the newest of community member that the status updates are heavily depended on as a source of communal interactions and content promotions for the Curvage models. This most likely has become a lot more demanding for the models, the community continues to grow and we're seeing a lot more models by the day and naturally the status updates board becomes a lot more flooded making it easier for a models status update to get lost in the shuffle if they don't post so many updates a day. This also becomes fustrating for the average community member who finds themselves running out of reactions quick, or taking a little longer to find their favourite models updates so they can provide their support and interactions.

This is where I suggest the most obvious and immediate of solution, status updates are limited to only a single post every 10-20 minutes. Of course the longer you make that limitation, the much more balanced out the status updates become and it also brings about quality control as time will now be spent into status updates instead of them being a copied and pasted template. It saves a lot of time in the long run for both the models and the viewers in the community. This will also provide support to the newer models too who may find it too overwhelming to try and establish themselves on the very competitive status updates board.

EDIT: Ignore my points about struggling to find your favourite models status updates, as ironic as it is I've only just found this function. Very useful for anybody else who had those similar thoughts without even realizing that this filter existed!

1yOCmuZ.png

Guest laurenlush

I think there should be a limit. 
even I get caught up and tend to over post and will admit to it. It’s not good and like you said overtakes others posts. 

I think 10 or 20 mins is a great idea!

if people want to post more they are more than welcome to post in their threads too so they are not missing out. 

• Curvage Model

I think it’s a great idea to limit posts. Maybe even to once every 1/2 hr to hr. I feel like that way, models will feel less pressured to have to post quite as often because they won’t feel like their previous posts are lost in the mix so quickly. I personally would feel much better with something like this in place because I could promote new content and feel assured that people know about it without the need to post about it quite so much, it can get annoying lol. I’ve been wishing for something like this since I got here tbh. Great idea! 🙂

• Curvage Model

I support this, as well. I notice there's some people who post multiple statuses every time the share and it's kind of frustrating.

I try to only share my content 3-4 hours apart at least. Unless I just have a pic I want to share.

The feed fills up so quickly and it can even be overwhelming, something like this would definitely help.

Announcement:

Seems there is an incredible demand for this feature both to help customers find updates before they are lost and to reduce some of the pressures to rapid fire post to stay on the front page.

Thus we are proud to announce that our developers got to work producing exactly what is requested here.  We will start by limiting models to posting Status updates about once every 3 hours at most. This prevents any rapid fire posting. Effective now!

Enjoy

Thank you :)

13 hours ago, S77 said:

We will start by limiting models to posting Status updates about once every 3 hours at most.

Awesome news S77 and I hugely appreciate you implementing the suggestion for the community, but I can't help being curious as to why it's starting at three hours. Not like I'd personally have an issue against it as long as it was how the community wanted it, however the consensus via the poll suggests a fair demand between thirty to sixty minutes so it may irritate those lower time period voters who expected an hour at most so far.

Perhaps the announcement thread for this change could have another poll that offers the longer time options like three hours and it can be changed down the line?

4 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Awesome news S77 and I hugely appreciate you implementing the suggestion for the community, but I can't help being curious as to why it's starting at three hours. Not like I'd personally have an issue against it as long as it was how the community wanted it, however the consensus via the poll suggests a fair demand between thirty to sixty minutes so it may irritate those lower time period voters who expected an hour at most so far.

Perhaps the announcement thread for this change could have another poll that offers the longer time options like three hours and it can be changed down the line?

The data was analyzed to see what time point would actually create the most positive impact and 3 hours was determined to be best. It's not locked in stone but it seems to be a good place to start.  Thank you :)

4 minutes ago, S77 said:

The data was analyzed to see what time point would actually create the most positive impact and 3 hours was determined to be best. It's not locked in stone but it seems to be a good place to start.  Thank you :)

As long as everybody is happy with you taking that initiative I'm all for it too, and thanks for the response man 🙏

Guest gorJESS
On 3/26/2021 at 11:37 AM, Synthesis said:

This also becomes fustrating for the average community member who finds themselves running out of reactions quick

The reactions limit is due to one thing only: the leaderboard. Please don’t come for me, it’s just a fact. 

Guest gorJESS
1 hour ago, ElizaBellyLovely said:

What is the reactions limit? I have never heard of that 

They used to be unlimited but then after a poll/debate, reactions were limited to prevent manipulation of a leaderboard. I don’t know if things have changed since then. Very possibly, but @Synthesis mentioned it recently so I’m assuming the limit is still in place.