A wild variety of everything!

SwedishButterball

• Curvage Model

I can never decide on just one thing so I do them all att the same time.

My biggest loves are making soap and skincare, drawing, collecting crystals and minerals, knitting and doing makeup.

Some of the other things are cross stitch, chrochet, sewing, painting, beading, woodworking, ceramics, photo, prints and about everything else ever hahaha ๐Ÿ˜ƒย 

Please add pictures of stuff you made or just stuff you are in to!ย 

I enjoy doing so many different things that most of them are on my profile so I'm not spamming threads like theseย ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'll share one of my interesting hobbies on this thread though. I love repairing and restoring chainsaws, I'm a fully qualified arborist or tree surgeon whatever you'd want to call it so they all find a good use when needed. My main chainsaw I use to this day I built up from scratch, cleaned and modified a few years ago, it's a 1995 Husqvarna 262XP so it's as old as me!

This saw is considered legendary for having a tremendous amount of power and capability for its displacement, usually the main saw you'd see being used in competition across Scandinavia/States back in the 80s/90s. I had to build it from scratch (in parts) because they hardly exist here in the United Kingdom, I also ported the muffler too so that it ran cooler and had a lot more power to offer. Delicious saw that I'm going to treasure for years and pass on to the next generation ๐Ÿ™

chainsaw.thumb.png.a96f92ac423d4a702ebf21df713745cf.png

My bad if that was waaaaay too much info ๐Ÿ˜…

14 minutes ago, SwedishButterball said:

THIS IS SO FRIKKIN COOL!!!ย 

Wow you actually really built it?! A chainsaw?ย  And you are an arborist ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ˜ Okay I am superimpressed.

Please spam the living hell out of this thread, i live for things like this. (And cake)ย 

I had to really since the nearest one I could find that was already built was in Sweden for almost thirty three thousand krona roughly? I bought all the parts seperately for more than half the price cheaper and was super stoked when it worked like a dream once I had tuned it all up. The older Husqvarna saws in the United Kingdom are so rare to come by so I consider it an artifact!

Arborist indeed and have been for a while, super useful set of qualifications to have in my industry ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒฒ

Also who doesn't like cake, especially when you can bake your own heckin' delicious cakes!

• Curvage Model

This is probably really mean but an average Swedish houseowner over 60 has at least one old Husqvarna just lying around in a toolshed.ย 

I will from now on notice them and ask what year it is made.ย 

Are you in to knives or sharpening as well? I love to sharpen knives ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ช

6 hours ago, SwedishButterball said:

This is probably really mean but an average Swedish houseowner over 60 has at least one old Husqvarna just lying around in a toolshed.ย 

I will from now on notice them and ask what year it is made.ย 

Are you in to knives or sharpening as well? I love to sharpen knives ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ช

I'd absolutely bet it's a gold mine over there, often enough have a Finnish friend rub it in my face ๐Ÿ˜‚ We tend to have a lot more Stihl (German) saws in the United Kingdom over Husqvarna saws, I've always hugely preferred Husqvarna tools for the longevity and quality of them.ย 

Any vintage Husqvarna saws lying around are always worth something, there's always people like me out there willing to bring them back to life and keep them going ๐Ÿ™

I'm not too orientated around knives except for when I'm using my Japanese chef knives when cooking, I have sharpened them before though with whetstones. Sharpened scythes before, garden shears and axes etc so it's a relatively similar process! ๐Ÿ”ช

I'm also into axes and axe throwing, so when it comes to sharpening well.. that's often what I'm sharpening! There's my Fiskars axes for arborist work, but then I have my hatchet axes for throwing at my local axe throwing centre. Pre-COVID I'd go every week and enjoy some mead and meatballs on the side ๐Ÿคค

• Curvage Model
16 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

I'd absolutely bet it's a gold mine over there, often enough have a Finnish friend rub it in my face ๐Ÿ˜‚ We tend to have a lot more Stihl (German) saws in the United Kingdom over Husqvarna saws, I've always hugely preferred Husqvarna tools for the longevity and quality of them.ย 

Any vintage Husqvarna saws lying around are always worth something, there's always people like me out there willing to bring them back to life and keep them going ๐Ÿ™

I'm not too orientated around knives except for when I'm using my Japanese chef knives when cooking, I have sharpened them before though with whetstones. Sharpened scythes before, garden shears and axes etc so it's a relatively similar process! ๐Ÿ”ช

I'm also into axes and axe throwing, so when it comes to sharpening well.. that's often what I'm sharpening! There's my Fiskars axes for arborist work, but then I have my hatchet axes for throwing at my local axe throwing centre. Pre-COVID I'd go every week and enjoy some mead and meatballs on the side ๐Ÿคค

How very viking of you!ย 

I am a fan of axes, they are great for a lot of things.ย 

ย 

I am sure you have plenty of cool weird stuff going on, cant wait to find out more!!ย 

Sometime I will learn the fine art of taxidermy,ย  and I will create weird shit.