Keira Knightley

ello11

• 5 years later...
5 hours ago, ello11 said:

Some names bring high expectations when posted here. Hers is one of those names given A. how thin she was, B. how irrelevant she's been as of late, C. the fact that she's a married mom (if I'm correct) and D. she seems more than okay with working less

Not that any of those factors lead to a guaranteed gain of epic proportions - which is rare in this part of the forums anyways - but she'd have to have an Emily Deschanel type blow-up to satisfy most expectations.

My tastes have changed to a more acceptable view of things. As long as a lifelong slim woman is not emaciated or obscenely muscular, it's cool. Plus, she has enough flesh to see her cellulite and tell that she's bottom heavy (my favorite type of build on women). But yeah, I was kinda hoping for more chins and cankles on her.

I think I'm more impressed with how you updated this thread without getting hit with necroposting claims.

Guest fishmish

I know there's going to be debate and complaints about how skinny she still is (a la the thread on Taylor Swift), but some people are forgetting "who"  has put on weight. It's not about how much she's put on or how relatively thin she still is, it's about

a) the caliber of her celebrity

Basically, she top A-list hollywood celebrity status.

b) the absolute thin state she has remained for over a decade

Her figure is best desribed as "twiggy," you used to be able to count every rib bone, and she used to walk around red carpets showing off her washboard abs;

and;   

c) the supremacy of her beauty.

Even if she was a phasmid (walking stick bug), she was generally regarded as one of the most attractive, beautiful walking stick bugs of our time.

And so, to see her now with pear-shaped curves, plump thighs, and cellulite is really a sort of shock. Something we'd never have expected. Also, she's been filming a biopic about Katharine Gun, an Irish whistleblower. Could she have gained weight for the role? Lastly, are we at the beginning of a trend where "gained weight for a role" is just an actresses excuse for common weight gain?

8 hours ago, fishmish said:

I know there's going to be debate and complaints about how skinny she still is (a la the thread on Taylor Swift), but some people are forgetting "who"  has put on weight. It's not about how much she's put on or how relatively thin she still is, it's about

a) the caliber of her celebrity

Basically, she top A-list hollywood celebrity status.

b) the absolute thin state she has remained for over a decade

Her figure is best desribed as "twiggy," you used to be able to count every rib bone, and she used to walk around red carpets showing off her washboard abs;

and;   

c) the supremacy of her beauty.

Even if she was a phasmid (walking stick bug), she was generally regarded as one of the most attractive, beautiful walking stick bugs of our time.

And so, to see her now with pear-shaped curves, plump thighs, and cellulite is really a sort of shock. Something we'd never have expected. Also, she's been filming a biopic about Katharine Gun, an Irish whistleblower. Could she have gained weight for the role? Lastly, are we at the beginning of a trend where "gained weight for a role" is just an actresses excuse for common weight gain?

I agree, and couldn't have stated it better. I guess there will always be some people who feel they should decide for everybody who belongs here. I would say that a person triggers your fantasy about fat or weight gain, real or imagined, belongs here. And yes, I agree that there is a special "circumstance" in cases of "A-list" celebrities such as Taylor Swift or Keira Knightley. I would say Keira's gain is even more noteworthy because she has been almost like "skin and bones" for a long time, whereas at least Taylor Swift has had a more muscular physique. For me this is a "jaw-dropping" event, to notice that Keira has such a gorgeous, chubby body, and in a pear shape!

Guest The Costco Guy

Yeah she’s definitely blessed below the waistline. Cannot say the same for above

Guest fishmish
23 hours ago, John Smith said:

On Thou-Shall-Not-Pronounce-Out-Its-Name, some bitter BBWs nickname this breed of online web-goers "snowflake F.A.s" .

I rather would label them of Vegan Chasers. Or Frenchies (no racist) .

I had you you in mind specifically, @John Smith, when I posted the above. I knew you'd come in with your "Where's the meat?" GIF!

To start, boohoo to bitter BBWs. They're no better than dudes who insult women for being fat because they won't sleep with them. I consider myself a feeder rather than an F.A. anyhow and I have no need for cock measuring contests (mine isn't very big but it gets the job done 😉).

ANYHOW, you're missing the bigger picture!

While I do think Keira Knightly looks attractive in these photos and belive that her figure here is much more attractive than it was previously, none of this is why her weight gain excites me.

Keira's Knightly's weight gain excites me because a world where Keira has soft thighs and cellulite is a world with more BBWs than a world where Keira is rail thin and bony. Every A-list celebrity that becomes just a touch heavier contributes to driving upward the standard of what we, collective human society, consider thin. It drives up the standard for what we consider average, what we consider chubby, and what we consider fat. For every 1 pound heavier the Keira Knightlys of the world become, the average woman becomes 5+ pounds heavier.

Why women like Keira Knightly and Taylor Swift are so important, despite their A-list status, is that they represent the very bottom: if you went any thinner, you'd be considered too thin. In fact, both of these women have been criticized for being too thin and even accused of being anorexic. When they put on weight, it means that lowest of the low baseline has just been raised a little. Additionally, these women are also a kind of bellwether that indicate the general direction our society is headed. Keira and Taylor feel more relaxed about gaining weight because society has grown more accepting of heavier figures.

Plus, think how many women feel less anxious about gaining some weight after they see that Keira Knightly has? Both sides are mutually reinforcing.

tl;dr:  A plumper Keira Knightly contributes to a fatter society.

• 10 months later...