Bryce Dallas Howard

dunchester

14 hours ago, ThaBootyConnoisseur said:

Now that Bryce is stepping away from acting and into directing this could be both a positive & a negative....

Positive - No longer required to lose weight & get "in shape" for movie roles, weight gain confirmed.

Negative - Fewer public appearances & pictures of her at premieres like we saw in the Jurassic World movies.

Thoughts? 

idk man she seems to have lost a lot of weight since the press for jw dominion began

but i mean, it’ll probably come back sooner or later

1 hour ago, Belly worshipper said:

Yeah I'm gonna gave to agree since she has been looking a bit slimmer these days. So unless she just dissappears for a while into her retirement from acting and comes back noticeably bigger from ballooning up more than we expected? That's gonna be a "Wait and see" game. 

I dont think she is done acting for good. Just she will focus more on directing. Some directors are known to fill small roles to save on a budget.

I think it's not black-and-white: her weight will continue to fluctuate (she clearly doesn't want to be fat, even without any major acting jobs on the horizon), and she will drift between the space in front of and behind the camera. Plus, even directors do press tours. So we haven't see the last of thinner Bryce, nor of thicker.

13 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

I think it's not black-and-white: her weight will continue to fluctuate (she clearly doesn't want to be fat, even without any major acting jobs on the horizon), and she will drift between the space in front of and behind the camera. Plus, even directors do press tours. So we haven't see the last of thinner Bryce, nor of thicker.

They also do premiers & red carpet events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was a really interesting read, thanks for sharing. Definitely grateful to the director for protecting her here. It helps me understand what fighting back against weight stigma in show business would actually look like. There's a role for directors to play, and you could imagine the actors union playing a similar role, too.

This was also fascinating: '“I got to do so many stunts that wouldn’t have been possible if I had been dieting.”' Normally studios think of thinner actors as being "good" for the final product (more people will think she's hot, go to see the movie, etc), but here her not dieting was actually better for the production of the movie in the end. Nice to flip fat-hating logic on its head!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...