Playing around with The Sims 4, made some comics

jarlewski

5 hours ago, Luverof said:

Great Stories. Especially the two volleyball ones. It's like anyone remotely close to the team got sucked into a vortex of weight gain.

Thank you! I appreciate it. I'll be starting my third volleyball-related story soon, because, yeah, weight gain vortex (that people seem to enjoy).

Long story short: a friend asked if I had ever tried writing fan fic, and I said I didn't think I was up to the challenge, to which she replied that I should try it... so here's the first two pages of a 10 page? Spider-Gwen comic instead.

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

6 hours ago, WestCoast2 said:

What mods do you use?

That's a pretty difficult question to answer, because I use literally gigs of CC/sliders/mods, but, in short: Roburky's Fitness mod and many, many presets & sliders, like SSNL's XL preset and Whibby's PeachyThicc. When I need to have something look a certain way, I'll fire up Blender to modify sliders or presets accordingly. (I would simply share my entire presets/sliders folder, but it's a mess and it's a lot of other modders' work slightly tweaked to look better for the comics.)

For getting started, I highly recommend The Sims WG Community - that's where a lot of weight gain/feederism mods, like TSF's gameplay mods, started. (And if anyone needs more help with finding/making CC, it might be easier to message me on Discord or post questions there, because I'm usually active on that server.)

You're welcome! And while I have both and can run my setup of the Sims 4 on either, I prefer to make the comics on my desktop, so I can have one monitor open to Photoshop & the comic template while I'm taking screenshots in Sims 4 with the other.

Guest WestCoast2
2 hours ago, jarlewski said:

You're welcome! And while I have both and can run my setup of the Sims 4 on either, I prefer to make the comics on my desktop, so I can have one monitor open to Photoshop & the comic template while I'm taking screenshots in Sims 4 with the other.

How much RAM do you recommend? I'm looking at some alienware gaming laptops.

Pretty much everything is standard 16GB DDR4 these days, and that's more than enough. I don't even think it's possible to buy something these days that can't comfortably run The Sims 4, because it was meant to run on dual core processors with a GTX 650, so you're beyond good with anything from Alienware (or any other popular gaming laptop manufacturer) these days.

Guest WestCoast2
1 minute ago, jarlewski said:

Pretty much everything is standard 16GB DDR4 these days, and that's more than enough. I don't even think it's possible to buy something these days that can't comfortably run The Sims 4, because it was meant to run on dual core processors with a GTX 650, so you're beyond good with anything from Alienware (or any other popular gaming laptop manufacturer) these days.

How about with the mods?  I believe they eat up some ram?

On 3/16/2021 at 4:39 PM, WestCoast2 said:

How about with the mods?  I believe they eat up some ram?

RAM, you're fine. Storage, it depends. If you're only going to playing The Sims, you'll be good with any stock setup of most gaming laptops, since they seem to be shipping with 500 gig SSDs standard now. 

The sliders and presets are just packaged Dmaps, so that's maybe a few MBs, but if you want to get a lot of CC, specifically clothing and build buy stuff, you might want up to 5-6 extra gigs of space. My mod folder, which is a mess and way, way beyond what I would recommend, is 13 gigs at the moment, plus 26 gigs for the Sims 4 folder (and I take a lot of screenshots to make the comics, so that's another 2 gigs right there)... All in, my guess is that you'll probably need about 32 gigs of space for The Sims 4, depending on how addicted to CC you get.