Gf has gained a lot - need advice

John23

Hey guys - 

my gf has gained a lot of weight and is not happy with it like most I’d imagine. She told me yesterday she’s trying to lose weight because doesn’t fit in anything anymore since gaining all this weight. I almost responded with “I like it” but I didn’t. She knows I think she looks amazing, and I’m truly being supportive but its a bummer cuz I love the weight gain and I’m not sure how to tell her or if I should be that direct about how I feel about it. Any advice ?

1 minute ago, thatguest said:

"You know what I like, I think you look great now, but have always found you beautiful no matter your size. As long as you're happy that's all that matters." Say this, and leave her to make her own decisions. It's her body, her choice.

Well said 👍🏻

two front action plan. on one side, you do offer to buy some comfy clothes. on the other side , you do mention something, about liking the curves, not the rolls fat softness or cellulite, the curves... but also that you would support any effort in any direction. if you try to confront her and bend her will, you are going to lose. you must direct her softly towards a fatter future.

11 minutes ago, extra_m13 said:

two front action plan. on one side, you do offer to buy some comfy clothes. on the other side , you do mention something, about liking the curves, not the rolls fat softness or cellulite, the curves... but also that you would support any effort in any direction. if you try to confront her and bend her will, you are going to lose. you must direct her softly towards a fatter future.

She’s gained at least 40lbs through quarantine and it’s been totally accidental. I let her know how sexy she looks but at the end the day it’s about how she feels. And I know she doesn’t feel great about it. 

I have told every girl I’m with my preferences and it never blew up in my face if that’s what you’re worried about . Tell her everything. Tell her how her body has been driving you crazy lately. Lay it on her man. Right now she feels unattractive and she won’t change her mind instantly she’ll have to mull it over. Maybe she’ll decide to commit to her weight loss or maybe she’ll try staying where she is at.  It’s her choice and you should support her either way. Also even if she does lose weight. Someone who gains without knowing their bf is a feeder is not going to stay skinny forever. Specially when the secret is out of the bag and the two of you can enjoy it slowly together. 

6 minutes ago, The Wind said:

I have told every girl I’m with my preferences and it never blew up in my face if that’s what you’re worried about . Tell her everything. Tell her how her body has been driving you crazy lately. Lay it on her man. Right now she feels unattractive and she won’t change her mind instantly she’ll have to mull it over. Maybe she’ll decide to commit to her weight loss or maybe she’ll try staying where she is at.  It’s her choice and you should support her either way. Also even if she does lose weight. Someone who gains without knowing their bf is a feeder is not going to stay skinny forever. Specially when the secret is out of the bag and the two of you can enjoy it slowly together. 

I’m supporting her either way of course. I def have expressed how amazing she looks. And I do agree with you given how much she gained by accident. Seeing friends this last weekend that we hadn’t seen in awhile made her feel super insecure. Just gonna keep supporting her and we will see what happens. 

5 hours ago, You have a gut said:

"If I'm totally honest I've never found you hotter than now. You really turn me on with the extra weight" YES

"There's something I have to confess. I'm a feeder" HELL, NO!

She actually talked about the weight gain and cried for the first time ever yesterday - I mean she lost some weight recently (maybe 12lbs or so) after making a serious effort to do so and she has struggled to lose anymore since. In which I had to just reassure her she looks amazing and I’m more attracted to her now than ever before. I think she knows I love her body the way it is but it’s also her happinesses. And I know she’s not happy with the weight but I’m wondering if she’s gonna stop beating herself up so bad about it. 

Guest chubby encourager
4 hours ago, John23 said:

I think she knows I love her body the way it is but it’s also her happinesses. And I know she’s not happy with the weight but I’m wondering if she’s gonna stop beating herself up so bad about it.

I'm in the same boat as you, and for me, it's really helped her be happier if I let her know how fat her ass has gotten and stuff like that because it's a positive of weight gain that isn't like you're getting a fat belly, you know? I feel like most girls wouldn't mind a bigger ass but a fat belly isn't what they want. In my case, I think that showed her that her weight gain could be really hot and stopped her from wanting to be skinny. Now she would rather work out to get thicker than to lose weight and she doesn't even mind her belly as much any more.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 10:12 AM, BindsThatTie said:

I've said it a thousand times. Nothing puts on pounds faster than new pants. And nothing causes negative body image faster than ultra-uncomfortable outgrown clothes.

Seriously, affirm her and make consistent clothes shopping a "thing" in your relationship.

On 2/5/2021 at 4:48 PM, chubby encourager said:

I'm in the same boat as you, and for me, it's really helped her be happier if I let her know how fat her ass has gotten and stuff like that because it's a positive of weight gain that isn't like you're getting a fat belly, you know? I feel like most girls wouldn't mind a bigger ass but a fat belly isn't what they want. In my case, I think that showed her that her weight gain could be really hot and stopped her from wanting to be skinny. Now she would rather work out to get thicker than to lose weight and she doesn't even mind her belly as much any more.

I’ve been super reassuring of the weight gain and that she looks amazing. She recently gained even more weight it’s wild. Legit from fit to a 40lb gain during quarantine. 

I mentioned that I missed my wife's curves when she lost about 20 pounds of a few years ago. Big mistake. She was not amused. Now 3 years and 1 pregnancy later, she's probably up 20 from her weight before she lost the 20 pounds. I guess my point is that if a girl packs on weight easily over a short period of time, chances are she's probably going to gain over time and end up fairly large. I've been with my wife almost 7 years and though her weight has fluctuated, she's ended up significantly heavier than when we met. Just be supportive and loving, the weight will most likely come to stay.

2 hours ago, bellyluvr said:

I mentioned that I missed my wife's curves when she lost about 20 pounds of a few years ago. Big mistake. She was not amused. Now 3 years and 1 pregnancy later, she's probably up 20 from her weight before she lost the 20 pounds. I guess my point is that if a girl packs on weight easily over a short period of time, chances are she's probably going to gain over time and end up fairly large. I've been with my wife almost 7 years and though her weight has fluctuated, she's ended up significantly heavier than when we met. Just be supportive and loving, the weight will most likely come to stay.

Yeah my experience has been pretty much exactly this. Each girl I’ve dated has gained a good amount of weight and were skinny when we met. My current gf’s weight gain has been amazing though. Quarantine def helped lol 

On 11/3/2021 at 06:13, John23 said:

Penso che il peso sia arrivato a rimanere. Ha fatto un tentativo per perdere peso e direi che probabilmente ha perso circa 10 libbre circa all'inizio di febbraio. Tuttavia ha guadagnato molto peso, se non di più, mentre ero via nelle ultime settimane. Non potevo crederci onestamente. Quasi come se fosse intenzionale..lol 

Photos?