Fat distribution in naturally skinny vs. naturally overweight people

jonasgreen135

I've recently noticed that, although there are outliers, women who have always been fat even in childhood tend to have body shapes ranging from pears to a fairly even distribution of fat, while women who are naturally skinny and have even been skinny in adulthood at some point tend to have exaggerated apple shaped bodies, usually with round, bulging single-roll guts. 

To give some examples, Boberry, Jae, and Juicy Jackie, three fairly prominent 500+ lb BBW models, all have fairly even fat distributions, have talked about being fatter growing up, and, as far as I know, have never been truly skinny. Boberry even has stated that she peaked at over 500 lbs in high school before dropping down into the 400s and then regaining. Boberry and Jackie do have pretty clear pear shapes, but they also have very large bellies and upper bodies overall. Even somebody like Bigcutie Chloe, who's much smaller than the three I just listed, has a fairly even fat distribution. She was a cheerleader in high school, but, from pictures I've seen, she was always curvy and a bit chubby and just exploded after high school.

On the other end of the spectrum, Mochii Babii has gained over a hundred pounds in the past year alone and was skinny just a few years ago, and she has a very prominent round potbelly, although the rest of her body isn't small by any means. There are videos of Layla online, maybe in her late teens or early twenties, where she's very skinny, and now, at around 350 lbs, she has a massive, protruding and round beer belly and relatively less fat other body parts. Lastly, Bigcutie Marilyn has posted a picture or two of herself relatively skinny in college, and now she has a very large, round, single-roll belly, although it is shaped quite differently than those of the previously mentioned apple shaped models, and fairly small other body parts (other than her massive tits.) 

I'm curious to know what might be the cause of this phenomenon. I have read that an excess in visceral fat, the fat under the abdominal muscles, leads to a more protruding, round, potbelly look, so my only guess right now is that visceral fat is more common in women who first gain substantial weight after childhood, and perhaps that subcutaneous fat, the other, more visible common type of fat, isn't produced as much as an adult if there isn't already some subcutaneous fat in place.

This hypothesis could be completely wrong though, and I'd like to hear other people's theories (or answers if anybody knows what truly causes this.) I'd also love to hear if anybody knows of either some examples of outliers to this trend or some examples of models who really support this trend (like models I didn't list who were skinny growing up and now have an exaggerated apple shape for example)

4 hours ago, jonasgreen135 said:

I'm curious to know what might be the cause of this phenomenon.

Fat cells are only produced up to a certain age, afterwards they just expand. And somehow fat cells on the hips are only created if there is a need for them, ie. if you're fat while still an adolescent.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/fat-cell-numbers-teen-years-linger-lifetime

2 hours ago, vpprof said:

Fat cells are only produced up to a certain age, afterwards they just expand. And somehow fat cells on the hips are only created if there is a need for them, ie. if you're fat while still an adolescent.

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/fat-cell-numbers-teen-years-linger-lifetime

Interesting, thank you very much for the info!

I don't know any of the people you mention but I've noticed the same thing in real life as a general rule.

I think it's one of the reason why weight gain hits formerly skinny girls harder. On one hand being skinny is their lifelong identity and they have to be used to being a "fat girl", but also they tend to gain weight in "the wrong places". Not only belly but lover handles, face and chin.

Whether the love handles is the wrong place to have fatty tissue is open to individual opinions, but gaining much weight around the belly is proven to have a correlation with diabetes and then reality kicks in really quickly :( I also watched a documentary (can't recall the title) in which a guy described how these 1300+ lb people that need walls broken in order to move them out virtually never have diabetes, because their capacity for storing fat is just infinite. It is only when you go past your limit that the fat lands in the places where it shouldn't be, on the heart and in the arteries. With that said, gaining is safe… until it isn't :D 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

Interesting question!!! I’ve thought about this quite a bit!!! 

I do agree that naturally thin women don’t gain as evenly, I really like the look of a really big hourglass with a soft belly - naturally fat is %1000000 better in my opinion. Because they gain all belly I don’t really get the obsession with naturally thin women gaining a ton of weight, of course it looks unnatural, it’s not natural for their bodies. Though I know some people are super into the Apple shape . Note - Goddess Shar was heavy before losing weight and then gaining again, which I think is why she has a nice shape, she is actually meant to be big.

But I just think every woman has that point where their fat starts going more to the belly than anywhere else. For me it is over 125 lbs, small, naturally thin-ish, yet I have almost all subcutaneous fat but I think that is from gaining and losing and gaining a losing slowly ( like within a 25 lb range)  I really don’t get it much anymore (thank you  Jesus!!!) but members would get annoyed with me for not wanting to continue to gain, (my gain was unintentional) but hourglass is VERY important to me for myself, but also in the women I find attractive. If my hips and butt got bigger and not just my belly I would think about it!!!

In my opinion Chloe is hands down the most attractive BBW of all time!!!

I’ll pose a question, do you think the speed of gaining impacts what you are talking about? I’m not really sure if I even believe  that but I’m curious what anyone else thinks.

Also side note- I know that the rib cage expands to accommodate excessive weight, do some women’s hip bones do that as well while others don’t?

Guest laurenlush

I mostly agree with this! I have always been thick. Even in high school. I was super active but always has extra padding! 
I think that’s why I have the proportions I do tbh. 
but I’m just looking at it from a personal angle but do agree with this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model
7 minutes ago, thefeedernextdoor said:

I'm not sure what her starting weight way but it was under 200lbs for sure. You can see she still has a bit of a pear shape though

z9ikbwcy47831.jpg

I can’t believe that she was ever that thin!!! 
I wish it was easier to find models’ before and after photos. It may be easier than I realize and I’m just unaware of how to do it.

Edited by NogutNoglory

I don’t know much about this but I think about it often. Like, how do fat cells multiply in certain areas and fill-up? I always suspected hormones have something to do with it; I learned randomly somewhere that fat cells produce estrogen, which stimulates boob fat (of course, I would never forget such a thing).

Someday (soon, I bet) we will have the technology to “target” where fat goes on the body. Once we reach that point, few women will ever be under 200 pounds ever againmichael richards yes GIF

11 hours ago, NogutNoglory said:

I can’t believe that she was ever that thin!!! 
I wish it was easier to find models’ before and after photos. It may be easier than I realize and I’m just unaware of how to do it.

Yeah, when we see a big woman we tend to think "she's big built", "she's a big girl", "she's genetically predisposed", but then I remember some crazy before & afters I've seen in real life and I realize just what a tiny frame some fat women actually have.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wondered if being chubby as a young girl helps girls grow into curvier girls as they get older. I can think of a number of girls I knew who were chubby at 10 years old turned into the girls with big boobs and big hips 5 years later. Some of them slimmed down in the waist. I knew one chubby girl who slimmed down a lot, and then gained a lot of weight. it all went to her boobs and belly, but she still had a curvy waist. The sight of her in her string bikini with her boobs and belly bouncing around got the attention of all the boys. My girlfriend now was chubby as a kid and borderline obese as a teenage, but her chubbiness gave her big boobs that made her one of the hot girls in school despite having a belly. 20 years later she's thinner but extremely curvy.

I dated two girls who were very skinny until their 20s. When I met them in their 20s they had fat bellies and skinny everything else.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:21 AM, RickSandaCom said:

I'm pretty sure fat distribution has everything to do with your genes. The random genetic sequence in your dna dictates what kind of bone structure and fat distribution you'll be fated with.

I know multiple cases of male siblings being thin and tall and female siblings being short and plump. So definitely not just genes. Hormones too, certainly. And eating habits in early childhood. It'd be great if we had a case of two siblings being raised by two different families with two different eating habits.

Plus, "big bones" is actually a saying, it has nothing to do with real bone structure (density etc.).

8 hours ago, PhatCat said:

I've always wondered if being chubby as a young girl helps girls grow into curvier girls as they get older. I can think of a number of girls I knew who were chubby at 10 years old turned into the girls with big boobs and big hips 5 years later. Some of them slimmed down in the waist. I knew one chubby girl who slimmed down a lot, and then gained a lot of weight. it all went to her boobs and belly, but she still had a curvy waist. The sight of her in her string bikini with her boobs and belly bouncing around got the attention of all the boys. My girlfriend now was chubby as a kid and borderline obese as a teenage, but her chubbiness gave her big boobs that made her one of the hot girls in school despite having a belly. 20 years later she's thinner but extremely curvy.

I dated two girls who were very skinny until their 20s. When I met them in their 20s they had fat bellies and skinny everything else.

Well, I remember the first girl to hit puberty and grow breasts back in school. They were big ones too. These days she still has big boobs (obviously) but she has a rather big spare tire and thin legs.

6 hours ago, You have a gut said:

Well, I remember the first girl to hit puberty and grow breasts back in school. They were big ones too. These days she still has big boobs (obviously) but she has a rather big spare tire and thin legs.

Now that my girlfriend is in her mid-30s, I think that if she gained her weight back, it would go to her boobs and a spare tire.

But I forgot about her younger sister, who was always chubby and never as curvy. Very average size except for a big gut. Last time I saw her she had gained a good amount of belly fat and nothing else. She's still wearing clothes that she got when she was 25 pounds lighter, and still buys clothes in that size. She's like a size 14 who wears size 10, so she's always wearing clothes that are tight around her nice big belly. Unlike my girlfriend, her sister's boobs and hips don't keep up with the size of her gut. On the bright side, it means that her old string bikinis still fit her smaller chest and butt, and she looks amazing in them with her belly on full display. She's in denial of how fat she is, and that makes her look really hot.