Horror Movies

Guest Namaste-hippie

Guest AlexSushi
10 minutes ago, ChubberLover_thicc77 said:

Any Halloween movie is just the right amount of scary for me 

Have you ever seen The Thing? Best horror movie imo. 

Guest ChubberLover_thicc77
Just now, AlexSushi said:

Have you ever seen The Thing? Best horror movie imo. 

I will have to watch it 

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2021 at 1:24 PM, SilverPathfinder said:

If you haven't watched Suspiria, it's a very high quality supernatural horror movie with an interesting historical setting in 1977 Berlin.

The original one or the remake? both are great

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest charmedxxyou

I love Horror/Halloween in General. I could never decide to choose just a single one, i've watched way to much horror movies in my life. 

but im really addicted to psycho / supernatural stuff. i also like documentaries about murders that actually happened, super exciting.

• 1 month later...

As an absolute SUCKER for over gratuitous gore and 80s slasher films, I absolutely loved Hatchet (1, 2, and 3). I was also a huge fan of Frozen for the sheer hyper realism in the plot of the movie.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ExponentialGrowth

Midsommar is my favorite recent horror movie. The solstice is coming up, might have to watch it again..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model
On 1/28/2022 at 7:46 PM, ledalavandula said:

Has another watched the new folk horror documentary on Shudder?? Folk horror is maybe my favorite genre of horror next to good old fashion haunted houses (and haunted haunted houses 🤡)

This sounds so cool and interesting?? Did you enjoy it?

On 5/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, ExponentialGrowth said:

Midsommar is my favorite recent horror movie. The solstice is coming up, might have to watch it again..

It's my favorite recent horror as well! Have you seen Hereditary? It's also directed by Ari Aster, and it's a lot more paranormal Jumpscare/shock horror, which is very fun in its own right.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:53 PM, GoddessGlutton said:

Midsommar is my absolute favorite recent horror movie as well @ExponentialGrowth!! The gradual backsliding out of reality gets me just like The VVitch did 😍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Curvage Model

I just watched "I'm Thinking of Ending Things" last night -- what a MIND FUCK!

Not scary in the jumpscare kind of way at all, but definitely in the existential dread kind of way. SO GOOD.

On 9/3/2022 at 9:35 AM, SchroDinga said:

Hereditary was a recent one that had me shook. VVitch and other A24 titles are damn good as well. big fan of body horror classics too like Videodrome and Carpenters The Thing

Hereditary was so good. I think A24 might be my favorite horror production company right now. I also have "The Killing of a Sacred Deer" on my To Watch list.

I like SciFi horror - 

• Alien(s)
  • Event Horizon
  • The Thing
  • Ghosts of Mars
  • Annihilation

That kind of thing. 

Never understood it, but for the past several years I've preferred horror podcasts over movies. 

I suspect it has more to do with my preference for existential dread over jump-scares. When you've got anxiety disorders like I do, a dog barking or a person coughing can startle me more than enough. 

Will listen to anything by Fool & Scholar productions, but I've gotten particularly attached to Old Gods of Appalachia, due to my interest in folklore from my time living in West Virginia. 

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, chaosmaton said:

I like SciFi horror - 

• Alien(s)
  • Event Horizon
  • The Thing
  • Ghosts of Mars
  • Annihilation

That kind of thing. 

Never understood it, but for the past several years I've preferred horror podcasts over movies. 

I suspect it has more to do with my preference for existential dread over jump-scares. When you've got anxiety disorders like I do, a dog barking or a person coughing can startle me more than enough. 

Will listen to anything by Fool & Scholar productions, but I've gotten particularly attached to Old Gods of Appalachia, due to my interest in folklore from my time living in West Virginia. 

Event horizon is one of my all time favorite movies! I love space dread too! It’s such a shame that they’ve teased us with the extra “lost” footage that we may never see! 

As someone with anxiety I can relate. But I’d prefer to be scared by a movie I know isn’t real, as opposed to being frightened in real life. Can’t even handle friendly pranks at this point in my life! 
Maybe that’s why I enjoy horror, because it’s a controlled environment and I do actually like to be scared. 

• Curvage Model
On 9/4/2022 at 12:48 AM, Jorin85 said:

Great to see The VVitch being mentioned here. That was absolutely stunning. 

I really like Gothic / Victorian / Edgar Allan Poe era Horror but unfortunately that is in short supply these days. The VVitch was just brilliant for that.

What did you think about crimson peak? Cause that kinda ticked all the gothic/Victorian boxes for me. I bloody loved it 

Give me classic slashers movies any day. Freddy, Michael, Jason, Pinhead, Chucky, the OG horror villains. Although, Scream was really good for the 90's. And i LOVE George Romero's Living Dead movies, especially the first 3 movies.

"When theres no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth." Best line from Dawn of the Dead