Horror Movies

Guest Namaste-hippie

• Curvage Model
5 hours ago, mbrewster said:

Crimson Peak is one of my all time favorite movies, horror or otherwise. LOVE the designs of the ghosts, and the gothic imagery is beautiful 

Hard agree it’s so beautiful and dark and dreary I wanna climb inside the movie and live in a haunted castle! 

• Curvage Model
6 hours ago, DanteSparda45 said:

Give me classic slashers movies any day. Freddy, Michael, Jason, Pinhead, Chucky, the OG horror villains. Although, Scream was really good for the 90's. And i LOVE George Romero's Living Dead movies, especially the first 3 movies.

"When theres no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth." Best line from Dawn of the Dead

Ahh I love the Romero trilogy I printed that tagline from dawn of the dead on a bunch of clothes lol I love it so much. 
the social commentary of zombie movies has always really appealed to me. The first time I watched night of the living dead totally sealed the deal for me… but also the unofficial sequel- Return of the Living Dead is my favorite movie of all time. Tar man forever! 

7 minutes ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

Ahh I love the Romero trilogy I printed that tagline from dawn of the dead on a bunch of clothes lol I love it so much. 
the social commentary of zombie movies has always really appealed to me. The first time I watched night of the living dead totally sealed the deal for me… but also the unofficial sequel- Return of the Living Dead is my favorite movie of all time. Tar man forever! 

Yeah, the Romero trilogy is the best zombie film series ever. And yeah, the social commentary of each film is interesting. Night had racial issues, disintegration of the family unit. Dawn had excessive consumerism and nihilism. And Day, i always felt, was about how scientists and military people always have differing views on matters.

I love how in Night people assumed Romero cast Duane Jones as Ben because he was black and was trying to do something groundbreaking, but nope. Romero cast Jones because he gave the best audition lol.

Definitely all about Michael Myers. The OG 1978 Halloween is still my all time favorite horror. I used to dig Freddy, but now it's really just the first installment and part 3 (Dreeeeam Warriooooors! Don't wanna dream no more!). Jason, I could sit and watch the entire franchise from part 1, all the way to the 2009 revamp. 

Society (1989) was a weird one, but I can dig those Cronenberg-type body horror flicks, like that and Shivers (1975). Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses and the sequel (Devil's Rejects) are both on my favorites list, but I couldn't really stomach 3 from Hell. The Babadook was good, and so was the original short flick (Monster) that it was based off. I could honestly go on and on with some good movies, but I wont bore everyone with my lists; here are a few other good ones I'd recommend:

The Night Eats the World (really friggin' good survival, French zombie film); Train to Busan (Korean apocalyptic type horror); Creep (parts 1 AND 2 are definitely worth watching); The Monster Project (low budget, but still decent); Fresh (2022 film...really makes you wonder if you truly know the person you're dating)...and The Deep House (if you're claustrophobic or have fear of being underwater...WATCH THIS for an adrenaline rush!).

@Jersey Ghoul 666, love, love, looove some of the Living Dead films. Even the 2004 reboot! 

• Curvage Model

I love that they are disguised, that the filming is not perfect, that the blood jumps like a bowl of ketchup, that really the one or that wins is the bad guy, I also love the lousy plots, 0 psychological terror, only the resource of Your childhood fears, I love it.

nightmare on elm street

friday 13

massacre on texas

goblins

critters

lots of gore and blood with super bad effects 

Guest jdargs18

If you haven't seen Tremors 1 - it was like Jaws on Land. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward (made in 1990 by Ron Underwood and Universal Pictures)

• Curvage Model
10 hours ago, jdargs18 said:

If you haven't seen Tremors 1 - it was like Jaws on Land. Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward (made in 1990 by Ron Underwood and Universal Pictures)

Tremors has been one of my favorites since I was a kid! All hail Reba! 

• Curvage Model
9 hours ago, Chimaira10 said:

The Dead Space game franchise had got a lot of its inspiration from Event Horizon. Making Dead Space a horror survival movie would be awesome

That game scares the SHIT outta me! I always get too immersed in video games and that one fuuuuucked me up! 

33 minutes ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

Tremors has been one of my favorites since I was a kid! All hail Reba! 

Tremors was a great 90's movie. Burt Gummer is my favorite character lol. And Reba was pretty great in the first one. Sucks she never appeared in the sequels.

33 minutes ago, Jersey Ghoul 666 said:

That game scares the SHIT outta me! I always get too immersed in video games and that one fuuuuucked me up! 

Dead Space was an awesome game! 2nd game was pretty good, too. 3rd could have been made better. Cannot wait to play the remake

Guest jdargs18

Indeed, it was a movie that never can be forgotten. I did see the making of years ago and they were clever how it was made (originally they didn't make it gory, so they brought in someone who helped with Aliens. That was when the Graboid slammed into the concrete wall, oozing blood. It was worth it)

Dead space will always be a classic. Doom 3 feels similar and the first time that Pinky Demon came down - sent shivers down my spine as it head butted into the door, stopped and came through.

Nice to hear others who appreciate the finer works of SciFi/Horror

20 minutes ago, Bellygazerpics said:

I mean I can appreciate Killer Klowns, it used to scare me when I was a child, no doubt. Bad Milo…I just have never had the intrigue of watching it. Is it any good?

Is ages since I watched I found it funny but I do have an immature sense of humour.