I Keep Being Told To Update My Email Address.

Guest ratetankmark

Guest ratetankmark

Basically, I got this message telling me to update my email address because it wasn't receiving emails, even though I was getting messages and emails whenever a friend of mine DMed me on here, so it was obvious that the email address was working, but again and again they sent me the same message, they even gave me the 'your email address change was successful' message and, yet, I still got the message. I don't have any other email addresses and I don't even know what the fuck is wrong with the one I was using, why has this just come up now if I've been on curvage for years? I freaked out so much that I nearly left out of a pure panic.

I just didn't know why this issue came up out of nowhere when I'm getting emails right now (it's on another tab as I'm typing this) telling me about Curvage notifications, so what gives?? Is there a chance that this could happen again and does anyone have a possible reason for why this has happened? 

Guest ratetankmark
2 minutes ago, maybejames said:

Hi, the site is currently having an issue with all gmail registered accounts. It appears to be effecting only gmail email addresses, a quick fix would be to make a temporary yahoo account and use that.

We are looking into a fix asap.

Thank you :)

No problem, I hope I didn't sound too aggressive, also, since I'm here, this issue is just temporary, correct? I don't want to make another email for something that shouldn't take too long to fix, although, since I'm not good with technology, is there a chance that this might make gmail email addresses susceptible to having information stolen? Sorry for sounding paranoid. I'm sure you guys'll have it fixed in no time.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ratetankmark said:

No problem, I hope I didn't sound too aggressive, also, since I'm here, this issue is just temporary, correct? I don't want to make another email for something that shouldn't take too long to fix, although, since I'm not good with technology, is there a chance that this might make gmail email addresses susceptible to having information stolen? Sorry for sounding paranoid. I'm sure you guys'll have it fixed in no time.

Don't worry about it :) there is no security issue. We think it was caused by a server overload. 😅

Guest ratetankmark
7 minutes ago, maybejames said:

Don't worry about it :) there is no security issue. We think it was caused by a server overload. 😅

Not a problem, also, as I mentioned, I had applied to delete my account when I didn't know what was going on, but even before this I cancelled the deletion, so that means that I won't have to worry about my account getting deleted, like, is there a chance that the information that I remove my request doesn't get to the mods, it'd be a shame to find out the reason isn't a big deal only to have my account deleted after a moment of panic. xD Sorry about all these daft questions, this is the first time I've had to come to this neck of the woods in the several years I've been on Curvage.

Because I looked back up and it says that it's 'reviewing my request' to delete my account, but I cancelled the request, so why does it still say that? Is my account still getting deleted??

Guest ratetankmark
1 minute ago, maybejames said:

If you've cancelled your account deletion, you'll be fine, it takes us a while to get round to those anyway 😅

The issue is being caused by gmail itself:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/gmail-down-outage-issues-google-b1774633.html

Ahhh, I thought that was just in America and that I was safe from being English. xD No problem, I just saw in the delete my account section that the wordage made it seem like my account was being deleted, but, yeah, I don't want my account deleted; but how does that work, do you guys wait a day or so to see if the person decides to cancel the account deletion and, if they haven't, then you delete it?

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ijustkant said:

I'm getting a "this website isn't secure" message now for Curvage. I'm using a gmail account. Is this what this is about?

We were updating our SSL certificate as required once a year. You might have caught us in transition from the old key to the new key.
All is well, all fresh and secure with a new license.

Guest ratetankmark
16 hours ago, S77 said:

We were updating our SSL certificate as required once a year. You might have caught us in transition from the old key to the new key.
All is well, all fresh and secure with a new license.

I was just about to ask that question last night, I was worried that it was messed up, also, right now, I keep getting messages saying about how the website is unresponsive, I hope that this isn't a major issue?

4 hours ago, ratetankmark said:

I was just about to ask that question last night, I was worried that it was messed up, also, right now, I keep getting messages saying about how the website is unresponsive, I hope that this isn't a major issue?

Unresponsive? That's a new one. I am not seeing that. Things are working fine for me.

Guest ratetankmark
2 hours ago, S77 said:

Unresponsive? That's a new one. I am not seeing that. Things are working fine for me.

It's working fine for me, too. It seemed to be a temporary issue.