Which Came First For You? Overeating vs Fat Lifestyle/Hobbies

BindsThatTie

It's like Chicken & The Egg, it seems.

Some were skinny, active, loved food and as they grew in size they later evolved to adopt a sedentary lifestyle of Netflix, snacking, couch locked living. While others always had a passion for gaming, binge watching movies, downing packs of soda every day that then over time fueled overeating, gaining. Either way it's clearly a snow ball where they mutually end up in weight gain. But personally, what did it for you or the person close to you?

My wife was NEVER a lazy person. NEVER into watching TV, or even eating typical "junk food". I barely remember her even sitting down until after 10-11 at night. Yes, she always had a passion for eating, but had a magical metabolism when she was younger. She used to even mock those that "all they do is watch TV", "how could you just sit around all the time when you're that fat??" At first, the added weight just made her sit down more often which morphed into outright laziness over a few years. It became normal to her to ask everyone else for tasks so she didn't have to do the stairs or walk anywhere. But as she grew in weight, she slowly evolved to have the stereotypical fattie lifestyle of Netflix binging with Dorito's and pizza rolls on the couch all night. 

Guest spaceface

When I met my girlfriend of two years she was really thin and tall. But in 2020 because of quarantine, she put on like 20 pounds and has gotten super lazy. She is tall so 20 pounds isnt a lot but it is noticeable and it really shows on her face and belly. She complains she eats too much and how fat she is getting but every time I go to her house, there is always an empty bag of chips, candy or chocolate on the floor.

Guest spaceface
3 hours ago, spaceface said:

When I met my girlfriend of two years she was really thin and tall. But in 2020 because of quarantine, she put on like 20 pounds and has gotten super lazy. She is tall so 20 pounds isnt a lot but it is noticeable and it really shows on her face and belly. She complains she eats too much and how fat she is getting but every time I go to her house, there is always an empty bag of chips, candy or chocolate on the floor.

When she sits, you can see her belly and she literally eats a ton of snacks and I think it's because she's comfortable with me now so she eats more now than ever.

Guest chubby encourager

Personally, I've always been lazy and I knew I loved to overeat and stuff myself since I was a kid. I used to grab extra snacks and save them up before going on a eating spree whenever I could. Now that I'm a bit older, I can obviously eat what I want when I want and I haven't gotten any more active which has contributed to my weight gain.

My girlfriend however, has also never been very active, even before we met, but she was always really skinny. I think just getting older has meant that she's started to pack some weight on her previously thin frame. She always blames me for how fat she's getting and I don't deny that my encouragement has helped but it's mostly her laziness that has made her fatter.

Guest spaceface
18 hours ago, thick lover said:

Personally, I've always been lazy and I knew I loved to overeat and stuff myself since I was a kid. I used to grab extra snacks and save them up before going on a eating spree whenever I could. Now that I'm a bit older, I can obviously eat what I want when I want and I haven't gotten any more active which has contributed to my weight gain.

My girlfriend however, has also never been very active, even before we met, but she was always really skinny. I think just getting older has meant that she's started to pack some weight on her previously thin frame. She always blames me for how fat she's getting and I don't deny that my encouragement has helped but it's mostly her laziness that has made her fatter.

My girlfriend blames me too but she started gaining weight during the first months of quarantine and I didn't see her during that time.

Quarantine has dramatically compounded my wife's laziness with every store offering curbside pickup or delivery. She makes a big deal if she even has to drive to or walk into a store any more. She's constantly Doordash'ing takeout. It's normalized such a sedentary fattie lifestyle. Quarantine-living eliminated any shred of exercise she even had and I assume most of these curbside services are here to stay even after the pandemic.

• 4 weeks later...