Why haven’t I seen a fat woman in a lead role?

Guest You have a belly

9 hours ago, Mr Froggy said:

Objectification has become something of a dirty word;  conjuring images of caddish men in boardrooms or building sites; rejecting the opinions of female coworkers out of hand "because she's just a pretty face" etc - but the reductionist, biological essentialist drive beneath it is a perfectly natural phenomenon and not something I believe we should be trying to 'shame' or 'educate' out of people imo.   

Well, objectification is dirty because it negates the needs, wants and feelings of another person. No happy relationship can be built on such a basis.

We have pretty much the same biological drive for stealing, aggression etc., but I doubt you'd be advocating these things. 

because their primary value socially was (and technically still is) in their fertility

No idea what "technicalities" you had in mind while writing this.

I've just come to see the old "we need to work harder to stop this vile Objectification of women in media!" thing more of a disingenuous feminist and/or niave bluepill talking point than an actual practical or wise goal for society

It's not a goal for society, it's a goal for each individual person. Be respectful of other people, so they can reciprocate.