The Thin College: Supplemental Info of Great Interest

>_< 0_0

This will be the thread for extra stuff about the Thin College story! Things like lists of currently active hexes, character sheets, potential artwork 😮 and even something resembling an OST 😙 It's better to have such things on this thread so that they don't clutter the actual story thread.

We will start with a list of every hex that Jason/Jane has activated. Remember: the hex can only be cast on a single body, it has to be tied directly to that body’s weight, and that weight must not surpass the value of your pounds bar. If the hex’s effects surpass the value of your pounds bar, the hex will cease functioning until the pounds bar is refilled. Remember, you can break a hex by pressing the Hex Ring icon in your inventory and deactivating the hex manually!

1st Hex (on a random sorority girl in the libary) The woman I’m pointing at will gain ten pounds in the next ten seconds.

2nd Hex: Zoltan will gain weight equal to the weight she makes the cheer squad lose.

3rd Hex: Brooke shall have the power to wish any part or form of her weight onto any other person she chooses.

4th Hex: Whenever Emily is within 100 metres of Zoltan and Brooke, she will absorb weight from the former and send it into the latter at the rate of 2 pounds per minute.

5th Hex: Mary will absorb all of Emily’s excess weight and send some of it to Zoltan to ensure that Zoltan’s body fat percentage is at least 5%.

6th Hex: Karen will absorb Mary’s body fat until she’s absorbed half of it, and will maintain that ratio indefinitely.

7th Hex: Buxley will absorb weight from the heaviest cheerleader and transfer it to the lightest cheerleader at the rate of two pounds per minute.

8th Hex: Jacqueline will gain five pounds every time she talks about someone’s weight, and then transfer the weight to a random girl within a twenty meter radius.

9th Hex: Tenisha will absorb all the excess weight gained by everyone in the Biltmore Clinic and will then proceed to distribute the weight evenly amongst everyone in the Biltmore Clinic.

10th Hex: When Kristen gains weight, she will do so in a way that pleases her most.

11th Hex: Amanda Powers will gain twenty pounds and then distribute it evenly to everyone on the swim team.

12th Hex: Jen Thatcher will absorb the Dean’s excess weight and transfer it to random girls within fifty feet at the rate of one pound per second.

13th Hex: Brenda will gain five pounds every time she mentions Kristen’s name.

14th Hex: April will gain five pounds for each minute she thinks about how fat she is until she weighs 200 pounds.

While there’s a lull at work, lemme post a character sheet:

Jason Alban/Jane Wick: The main character. Has three rings: The Hex Ring, The Feasting Ring, and The Theodora Ring. As a woman, she has developed red/yellow eyes and sharp teeth.

Succy: A mysterious entity that acts as Jason’s mentor. She always speaks to him through bodily possession of other girls on the island with utmost secrecy.

Biltmore College Staff

Zoltan: Coach of the cheer squad. 

Miss Buxley: Economics professor.

The Dean: Dean of Biltmore College. Antagonistic and arrogant.

The Proctor: Proctor of Biltmore College. Responsibilities are vague, but investigatory in nature.

The Cheerleaders

Brooke Deeters: Captain of the Cheer Squad. Possible psychopath. Has been hexed with the ability to transfer her weight to others.

Mary: Brooke’s friend. Also a member of the equestrian club.

Emily: Jason’s only friend, and close to Jane as well. Newest member of the cheer squad. Resented for being allowed to join the squad late. Independently investigating the sudden weight gain around the campus. Has a secret stash of alcohol.

Jaqueline: Brooke’s friend. Hexed to gain five pounds whenever she talks about weight and transfer that weight to a random person close by.

The Sigma Omega Sisters

Brenda: Former Empress of the sisters. Prone to be manipulative. Discredited and banished. Prefect in Olds Dorm. Hexed to gain whenever she says Kristen’s name.

Kristen: New Empress of the sisters. Also prone to be manipulative. Jane’s ex-girlfriend. Prefect in Olds Dorm. Hexed to gain in a way most pleasing to her.

April: Kristen’s girlfriend.

Torie: Handles party logistics for the sorority. Very well-connected.

The Police

The Equestrian Club

Other Sororities

Extras

(will update this with more characters when I can 😖 updates will be edits to this post)

• 3 months later...

Here’s an unofficial original soundtrack for The Thin College. Music has a heavy influence on the story, and there are plenty more songs that served as inspiration than are mentioned in the text, so for the sake of brevity, this list is limited to direct references and a few allusions.

After Jason’s love is rejected at the beginning, he descends into drunkenness, and starts singing from Jesus Christ Superstar.

Later — in a significantly better and more sober mood — he sings his way into the library to try making his first hex. 

Scarred by Succy’s bodily possession of Emily, Jason retreats to his dorm room to play Nazi zombies while listening/watching to violent music. The first two vids are quoted in the text directly, the third is described.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOhnBNlGrIY
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp4AanxpAKU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=325jUVXn0AQ

Part two of OST:

As Succy guides Jason further into drunkenness, he listens to Snuff Machinery again. Untold hours later, he is nearly blacked-out listening to the second half of this music vid. Jason is reborn as Jane.

Much later, Jane is at Kappa Omega’s Feast. One of the girls has a knack for DJ’ing, and plays this track as Mary (already chubby) walks past

When Jane discovers Kristen is cheating and using her, she ** wanders up to the lighthouse and screams this song from the tower against the roaring waves and moonlight

Moving on, Jane finds love again in another sorority. He’s given a turn at plucking the strings and it’s found he has real talent. The songs he chooses to play are “cult classics”

Later, it’s Succy’s turn to sing as Jane covers guitar

On 12/2/2020 at 8:13 AM, >_< 0_0 said:

While there’s a lull at work, lemme post a character sheet:

Jason Alban/Jane Wick: The main character. Has three rings: The Hex Ring, The Feasting Ring, and The Theodora Ring. As a woman, she has developed red/yellow eyes and sharp teeth.

Succy: A mysterious entity that acts as Jason’s mentor. She always speaks to him through bodily possession of other girls on the island with utmost secrecy.

Biltmore College Staff

Zoltan: Coach of the cheer squad. 

Miss Buxley: Economics professor.

The Dean: Dean of Biltmore College. Antagonistic and arrogant.

The Proctor: Proctor of Biltmore College. Responsibilities are vague, but investigatory in nature.

The Cheerleaders

Brooke Deeters: Captain of the Cheer Squad. Possible psychopath. Has been hexed with the ability to transfer her weight to others.

Mary: Brooke’s friend. Also a member of the equestrian club.

Emily: Jason’s only friend, and close to Jane as well. Newest member of the cheer squad. Resented for being allowed to join the squad late. Independently investigating the sudden weight gain around the campus. Has a secret stash of alcohol.

Jaqueline: Brooke’s friend. Hexed to gain five pounds whenever she talks about weight and transfer that weight to a random person close by.

The Sigma Omega Sisters

Brenda: Former Empress of the sisters. Prone to be manipulative. Discredited and banished. Prefect in Olds Dorm. Hexed to gain whenever she says Kristen’s name.

Kristen: New Empress of the sisters. Also prone to be manipulative. Jane’s ex-girlfriend. Prefect in Olds Dorm. Hexed to gain in a way most pleasing to her.

April: Kristen’s girlfriend.

Torie: Handles party logistics for the sorority. Very well-connected.

The Police

The Equestrian Club

Other Sororities

Extras

(will update this with more characters when I can 😖 updates will be edits to this post)

The department of education: here to investigate allegations of violated title IX and possible illegal occult activity. 
Big brother is always watching.

also, what about the hexes Cindy used? Do those count towards Jane/Jason’s account? Did she use more than two? Are you waiting until later to reveal this?

1 hour ago, Mr.Grignard said:

The department of education: here to investigate allegations of violated title IX and possible illegal occult activity. 
Big brother is always watching.

also, what about the hexes Cindy used? Do those count towards Jane/Jason’s account? Did she use more than two? Are you waiting until later to reveal this?

Nah, I just wrote the character list before I made that chapter

3 hours ago, Boranji said:

Is Brandy from the first chapters ever going to come back?

I’ve toyed with that idea. She’s only in the very first chapter, but since her talk with Jason started it all, it might be interesting to see them meet again as a way to show how much Jason has changed — wait. I have an idea...

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, Mr.Grignard said:

Hey so, I wanted to practice my drawing a bit, and I had some… suggestions for Jane's next change, so I made an “evolution chart” for Jane Wick thus far. Let me know what you think.

1756537E-BD46-4815-8222-F744CE7B6CE8.png

This is your absolute best work yet 😌 now I really do have to draw these too. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a sudden burst of inspiration and motivation, I drew Jason Alban. Here he is on his way to the first ring buried on the seashore under the lighthouse “castle” of Sigma Omega. His hair is technically brown, but opted not to shade it in to keep some of its details intact. You can instantly tell he’s an undatable economics major haha 😆 

C87CCEEC-C89F-4C5C-8CA1-77201FE4D564.jpeg