How prominent is this fetish around the world?

ilovepastries

Something I've thought about lately is how feedies and feeders tend to be overrepresented in certain countries (Anglo countries in general, countries in Latin America) and underrepresented in others (the Scandinavian countries). I've never seen a model from Scandinavia where I'm from and it makes me wonder whether there are FAs from here, i.e. whether they're just lurking or if they exist at all.

I'm curious to hear about which part of the world you're all from, and whether you've found others from your country who're into feedism or fat admiration in general.

Well, I'm certainly no expert in such things, but...didn't the "Angles" wander over from around the Denmark area (which I think sometimes sorta gets labeled as "Scandinavian?")?

In any event, I think Scandinavian gals do pop up on Curvage from time to time (maybe not as Curvage models per se, but that feature itself is pretty new).

For example, there's this recent thread:

Also, the well-known "Otoni" might snugly fit the bill. I think she's from Iceland, which may or may not precisely line up with your notion of "Scandinavian," but hey--some of us bumpkins have a hard time distinguishing such nuances between all y'all fair-haired frosty fjord folks. ;)

The only reason I feel like you see a lot of American feedees and stuff like that is due to the huge population over here in the states, though I guess you could say the same for a country like India but yet there's very few people I see from there though on here. It is always a nice refreshing surprise though if you see a feedee or a gainer and you hear their voice or whatever and they sound English or Australian, I've seen a couple of videos around online with a good amount of Russian feedees stuffing themselves full with food. There's a good amount of Canadian chicks on here too I've seen.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:02 PM, Feeder-182 said:

The only reason I feel like you see a lot of American feedees and stuff like that is due to the huge population over here in the states, though I guess you could say the same for a country like India but yet there's very few people I see from there though on here. It is always a nice refreshing surprise though if you see a feedee or a gainer and you hear their voice or whatever and they sound English or Australian, I've seen a couple of videos around online with a good amount of Russian feedees stuffing themselves full with food. There's a good amount of Canadian chicks on here too I've seen.

The internet’s divided into language hubs and then geographic hubs. So, it makes sense to see people from anglophone countries on English-culture websites—and Americans and Canadians on this now predominantly North American site in particular—just as it would make sense to see Indians on Hindi-culture websites.

To find feedee content from people of another language-culture, it would help to speak the language, or get someone who does, and find out what they call feederism and feedees in their language. They might not have a word or words (feeder/feedee) but instead a whole phrase.

A few cultures even have feederism baked into themselves such as with the practice of Leblouh in some Africa countries (non-consensual forced-fattening of girls ranging in age from 5 to 19, all in order to be married off).

Guest grateful
On 11/6/2020 at 10:46 AM, ilovepastries said:

Something I've thought about lately is how feedies and feeders tend to be overrepresented in certain countries (Anglo countries in general, countries in Latin America) and underrepresented in others (the Scandinavian countries). I've never seen a model from Scandinavia where I'm from and it makes me wonder whether there are FAs from here, i.e. whether they're just lurking or if they exist at all.

I'm curious to hear about which part of the world you're all from, and whether you've found others from your country who're into feedism or fat admiration in general.

I have actually seen a fair number of Finnish women, which I love, having Finnish heritage.

Inexpensive gear and the monetization of the various fat platforms and fast internet and the evolution of "cam capitols" on the net has created a glut of content.

I believe over-representation probably appears to exist because of these factors.

This does raise very interesting and difficult-to-answer questions about which cultural ground is most fertile for feedism to develop. Obviously it's a universal kink that knows no bounds, but surely it thrives better in some places than others. I would love to know the dynamics of this, but figuring it out seems very difficult because of the very language and cultural barriers mentioned in this, to say nothing of the difficulties of accurately surveying populations about this.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:14 AM, Fahrong said:

A lot of this is a matter of language. I can vouch for Russia having a notable feederism scene, but it's pretty much exclusively in Russian. And I believe the same happens to a degree in Germany.

This makes me wish we had "ambassadors" or "liaisons," bilingual online ** who could connect, say, English-language feedists with Russian-language content, and vice versa. We obviously  have this to some extent already--it happens organically--but I wish we could do it in a more organized, systematic way to discover corners of the ** universe the monolingual among us have been ignorant of till now!