Do you guys ever feel worried for model’s health?

Guest Brad1431010

Don't we always? I know I do. I believe it's the reason why we even like big girls to begin with. Fat admiration is likely a holdover from more primal human instincts where the main concern was to stave off starvation. Being fat was the best safeguard against it. Why do you think the word "healthy" is sometimes used as a synonym for "chubby" (particularly for the kiddoes, but you know what I mean)? Sure, a lot of FA views on the connection between this subculture and wellness is largely shaped by the HAES philosophy, but things really boil down to two logical avenues of thought:
1. Natural sexual attraction is mainly driven by what we believe is fit (as in, genetically tough enough to reproduce and last for multitudes of generations; not doing WODs until you piss). We're attracted to fat girls; ergo fat girls are fit. And
2. Getting skinny/lean girls to pack on much needed pounds of soft flesh. Since gaining is a big part of the scene, and certainly this site is no exception, it's no surprise that there's this big rush for the models who started underweight or were former athletes and are now in the gainer lifestyle or even a feedee and hitting 160lbs, 180lbs, 200 with plans of getting to 250 and then beyond.

In terms of my experiences with this kink/fetish/preference and in this subculture on which it is built, combined with the quick peeks I take into other realms - for a lack of a better word - I can quite confidently say that we keep health in mind.  Guys on girlswithmuscle rarely express worry about their models' overtraining, flirtation with exhaustion, rhabdo, body dysmorphia, steroid/HGH/fat burner/diuretic use and abuse. They just want to see the washboard abs, traps, veins, with no thought of how they got them or how taxing it is.
On pro-ANA/pro-MIA sites - which admittedly might be more female driven than male driven (gee, I wonder why) - the focus is squarely on the bones and the caloric restriction, with little to no regret in regards to the missed cycles (trying to not be too graphic), the clumps of hair falling out, the missing teeth, bad skin and weakness.
Even the dudes on wikifeet pay dust to legitimate issues related to foot health. Got bunions? "Get the surgery." But what if that would cause further health complications? "One-star; moving on." Got toe fungus (ahem, Brie Larson)? "Get some close-toed shoes." But with a condition like that, you gotta air out your nails. "Two stars, cuz I'm generous." What else could you expect from a site where a guy goes by the username ToothpickTorture?

Whataboutism aside, the guys and girls here take an interest when the models mention cosmetic surgery. And often we're against it, for a lot of reasons, but getting cut open when it's "not really necessary" is a health concern. Then you got those of us who are anti-ink, then those who are anti-**... we got some boy scouts here, but health is a part of their mindset. Those activities aren't exactly the definition of recommended health choices. Tattoos might not shave years off your life, but I don't believe dermatologists anticipate a patient getting another sleeve.

But in a general sense, the fact that this thread even exists, proves its own point. Where else do you see followers asking questions like: "what does your family think?" "what have your friends said?" "how did your doctor react to your gain?" 
Now those first two questions may not be the most medically centered, but they involve everyday social environments that have a huge impact on mental and emotional health which cannot go unspoken of. And speaking of all that, even on this thread for instance, we get models opening up with about their situations. In other threads, they discuss their romantic exploits, family issues, financial needs, bad days, etc. There's a reason why they have that level of openness.. unless they're just a bunch of bullshitting scam artist attention whores, but hey, us users damn sure aren't perfect either.

As with any fap site where the outright bulk of users are male, there will be toxicity, bigotry, selfishness, stalking, desire for wanton control, pathetic attempts at humor of the most offensive kind, straight-up apathy... but I think we're different for the reasons listed earlier.

Also, I don't believe in HAES because I don't believe people adults who weigh 50lbs are healthy. Health at most sizes - HAMS - sounds better.

And death feedism, yikes. I've been an FA for at least 20 years and haven't heard of that until like two months ago. Already, I know it's not my cup of tea.

• Curvage Model
On 11/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, Miss September said:

Gotta say, this is news to me.  I'm 5'9 so a 200lb cutoff is lol.

I'm not saying it makes sense to me either lol! I'm just saying I hear it. 

I think it's so hard to say there is a hard cutoff because not only height but just the way a woman carries her weight matters with how she looks. I worked with a girl who was 190 and 5'3 and you would never know in a million years.

I think I happen to hear it more from people who follow me because I'm on the smaller side. I also hear the "I don't like chubby women but I like weight gain" which makes even less sense to me lol. Like if they gain weight, then they will be chubby, where's the disconnect? Unless "chubby" means bigger for them than my definition?

On 11/12/2020 at 5:04 PM, chubbybutt22 said:

Right?!? If you’re tall. 200 is like... not that much. 

You were on that thread! You saw it too! lol! And I loved your comment!

On 11/12/2020 at 6:08 AM, Wendy said:

have been insulted "a fat girl like you can't even do a step without having heavy breath, you can't dance" or even "now, you have ruined yourself - you should be ashamed of what you have done." I am honest these phrases made me lose the desire to be part of this community, ciclically. I am still around because I also found some nice people and I'm grateful to have encountered them. Sometimes I don't understand if people on these platforms love fat or they hate i

I think they think they are "teasing" you but I think there is truly an art to teasing and the most important thing would be knowing if you enjoy teasing to begin with. And what you like to be teased about. But I agree, some guys on here truly get off purely on degradation and it creeps me out alot.

I go nuts on some of the stalker threads! These girls don't even want to be on here or even photographed to begin with, and then all the nasty comments they get, I hate it!!! Yes, those girls may never see those comments but it's still creepy. Also news flash everyone, all the Instagram photos or models you see the women are posing to look thinner, if you get a photo of a girl candid she is going to look like she has more of a belly because she's not posing.

• Curvage Model
2 hours ago, NogutNoglory said:

I'm not saying it makes sense to me either lol! I'm just saying I hear it. 

I think it's so hard to say there is a hard cutoff because not only height but just the way a woman carries her weight matters with how she looks. I worked with a girl who was 190 and 5'3 and you would never know in a million years.

I think I happen to hear it more from people who follow me because I'm on the smaller side. I also hear the "I don't like chubby women but I like weight gain" which makes even less sense to me lol. Like if they gain weight, then they will be chubby, where's the disconnect? Unless "chubby" means bigger for them than my definition?

It just goes to show some people walk through life expecting others to bend to their perception of the ideal, whether it's conventional or not. Eff those people.

3 hours ago, NogutNoglory said:

I

I never got that one either...nor do I really understand people who love "stuffing" but not weight gain or fat, TBH. These things all seem to go together. Hard for me to grasp.

• Curvage Model

Figured I'll chime in for another model perspective. 😊

Health is my #1 concern when I'm gaining, and I've made that super clear from the beginning. As someone who suffers daily from invisible illnesses, I refuse to push my body past it's limit. I'll bring it to it's limit for content, but never past. I only eat when and what I can, and some days that's 10,000 calories, some days it's 100. 

My weight fluctuates a lot, and I'm sure there's some people here that don't think I'm super in to gaining because of it, but when you can't eat, you can't eat 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

But I love being bigger: I feel sexy, beautiful, and empowered. When I was 105 lb and starving myself I hated my body because it didn't look the way everyone else did, and I was stuck in the mentality of the teenager I was for a very long time. Gaining weight is what made me feel like a woman, not a girl, and for that reason I'll never not be bigger again. 

I don't see myself going anywhere over 300 because my career choice is quite active, and I just wouldn't be able to do it any larger than that, I think. 

Luckily my guy shares the same view as me, and his main concern is how I'm feeling/my health, and he knows not to push me when I say I'm done. 

I think it's so important for gainers to be sure of what they want, and not let others influence that decision. 

@KitKatFeeder tried to get me to gain for 2 years, but it wasn't until I was ready, that I finally decided to try. 

I think a models health should come first and foremost, you shouldn’t have to make your self sick if you don’t feel like pushing yourself, even gaining can have its limits, I think that a models priority is that she feels happy and well enough to do both what she enjoys within her limits, don’t stress yourself with the pressure of your audience, at the end of the day you do what’s best for yourself

As much as I love women eating, gaining weight and getting fatter, if I’m ever lucky enough to have a feedee girlfriend I will also be concerned that no severe health issues arise for her living that lifestyle. If it does, top priority is aiding and maintaining her health to live a long fulfilling life.

• 3 weeks later...

Not certain if anyone here was part of the Dying To Be Fat subreddit before it was shutdown. But the girls on there frankly freaked me the f&*k out. They would upload secret videos with their doctor pleading with them. The one girl refused to take her insulin or diabetes medication and was risking diabetic shock. She was in really rough shape. There was another girl that had gained 150lbs ultra-quick and would upload photos of all her new blood pressure medications and talk dirty about how she couldn't wait until her heart gave out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, BindsThatTie said:

Not certain if anyone here was part of the Dying To Be Fat subreddit before it was shutdown. But the girls on there frankly freaked me the f&*k out. They would upload secret videos with their doctor pleading with them. The one girl refused to take her insulin or diabetes medication and was risking diabetic shock. She was in really rough shape. There was another girl that had gained 150lbs ultra-quick and would upload photos of all her new blood pressure medications and talk dirty about how she couldn't wait until her heart gave out.

I think I remember stumbling into that subreddit. It was a trip. Pretty morbid. Probably for the best that it doesn't exist anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 11:54 PM, itisreallyme said:

I think I remember stumbling into that subreddit. It was a trip. Pretty morbid. Probably for the best that it doesn't exist anymore.

Yanno, I ran through a lot of the thoughts other people have expressed when I stumbled into Death Feeders. It made me feel somewhat culpable for being a fan of fluffy, fat women in the first place.

My hang ups aside, I believe if a person enjoys eating and comprehends the potential dangers, they are free to live however theu choose. Nobody will shame you for eating a celery stick and lemon water for a meal, but they sure will if you opt for a hoagie and a pint. I think people are just big children in that sense; they were taught that something is inherently "wrong" and so they parrot that at people as if they've never had a thought in their head! 🙄

On 10/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, PreyToGod said:

Yeah because after being around the community for about 10 years I dont believe that it’s a supportive place overall and I estimate that maybe 50% of feedees are here for the wrong reasons.

Those being; overcompensating for past anorexia nervosa, self hatred (such as eating because they want to make themselves fat and ugly or punish themselves), trying to seek validation and acceptance, other mental illness... basically not actually having a fetish for weight gain. In those cases this place is basically encouraging self destructive behaviour. The scars on the wrists and legs of so many feedees should be a sign of that. 

I totally agree and want to amplify for your comment. I asked on a r****t sub once how many feedees rapid weight gain could be a response to trauma they've suffered. Or have been victims of some form of abuse and are deliberately making themselves as big as possible either by binge eating as a coping mechanism, or because they think if they're super morbidly obese they won't be a target because most people wont be into them. 

It may not sound logical, but most people's response to trauma isn't. A lot of this is fetishising women who clearly suffer from binge eating disorder. Both content consumers and creators get very touchy when you bring this up, but it IS a conversation that needs to be had. The morbid side to these fetishes can be tough to grapple with, when you love fat, plumpness, expanding bellies, thighs, booties, a woman's ability to consume large amounts of food, but don't like to see models whose health is clearly suffering. It is a stark reality check.

If feedees are of a healthy state of mind and gaining for their own pleasure, then I am happy for them and will enjoy their journey with them. But I hate the thought of models causing themselves serious harm and knocking decades off their life because of pressure from the community, or feeling obliged to gain.

I have tremendous respect for women like Goddess Patty, Destiny, SuperthikMami who took it upon themselves to lose weight to get their quality of life back and extend their life. Especially as they must have known the backlash they'd receive. 

• Curvage Model
1 hour ago, thefeedernextdoor said:

It may not sound logical, but most people's response to trauma isn't.

This! 

I don't talk about it in videos, because it's not a sexy topic, but I suffer from PTSD every single day. It's taken a decade for me to come to terms with my trauma and start to rebuild myself. I'm in the best place mentally that I have been in my whole life, but it took so much work. I didn't want to start gaining until I loved myself first. Once I did that, gaining has helped with my PTSD because I don't feel like I have the same body I did during that trauma. It's helped give me confidence and love myself more than ever, but there was a ton of work I had to do emotionally before I could ever really do this "for me", which is why I said no to gaining for the first two years of my relationship. 

On 12/17/2020 at 11:31 AM, BindsThatTie said:

There is one who chugs half-gallons of Pepsi and jams the greasy food, for years now,  and who has added over 200 pounds of fat to her little frame, whose blood pressure is through the roof and who is now pre-diabetic in her mid-twenties. We know where this is going and we know where it ends. But she is my friend and a consenting adult and she is making shitloads of money, way more than I do, so...I keep quiet. But I'm also like "Can't you do this without the soda and the crap food that doesn't nourish your body?" I know one HUGE HUGE young lady who gains while keeping a healthy diet - just 10,000 calories of healthy food. 

Bottom line, again, yes, I think of the health consequences constantly. 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, CarlGnarl said:

There is one who chugs half-gallons of Pepsi and jams the greasy food, for years now,  and who has added over 200 pounds of fat to her little frame, whose blood pressure is through the roof and who is now pre-diabetic in her mid-twenties. We know where this is going and we know where it ends. But she is my friend and a consenting adult and she is making shitloads of money, way more than I do, so...I keep quiet. But I'm also like "Can't you do this without the soda and the crap food that doesn't nourish your body?" I know one HUGE HUGE young lady who gains while keeping a healthy diet - just 10,000 calories of healthy food. 

Bottom line, again, yes, I think of the health consequences constantly. 

Get her to buy her own blood pressure machine off Amazon. My dad had high blood pressure and the doctor recommended he do this, then measure his blood pressure every morning. Sometimes blood pressure readings at the doctors read high because someone could have been active most of the day, had a lot of caffeine, nervous for the appointment, etc.

If you take your blood pressure first thing in the morning and it's still really high, then it's definitely cause for concern. As you say, it is POSSIBLE to gain weight in a healthier way. I know a 350lb woman who was able to put her pre diabetes diagnosis into remission just by cutting out sugar, she didn't even lose any weight.