What Place (if any) for Politics on Curvage?

thadrou90

Everybody has the freedom to share their own take or opinion over politics sure, however the reality some people need to face is that if we chose to engage in such thorough debates here that we're all still going to be armchair political analysts at best no matter how much of an essay we can type out on a fetish forum.

That's why it isn't so palatable as a discussion here, you have a lot of conflicting opinions from different walks of life and on top of that there's a lot of people who go out of their way to have political stances rule their lives to the point in which it becomes impossible for them to maintain a string of mature and respectful responses like a normal human being. Ultimately in the end it becomes a verbal joust for the narcissists and bigots that like to hijack sensitive topics looking for reactions.

I like to point out that Dimensions had a place for politics called ''Hyde Park'' and it's one of the main reasons why the site is in a sad state of affairs now, it ended up poisoning the entire forum because people could not leave their heated discussions in Hyde Park and it would bleed over into other threads turning people away from Dimensions in droves, given the 24/7 news cycle and how were slammed with politics all the time weather we want to be or not, I think It's in Curvage's best interests to not engage in political discussions of any kind, let this place be one of escape from the real world, also you have to remember Curvage is not just a forum but a modeling platform as well and we can't let anything affect these women's bottom dollar.

19 hours ago, cheddar said:

Remember, when people disagree, they're hurting your feelings and calling you fascist. When you parrot neocon talking points, it's clearly acceptable. Also, haven't forgotten that you were both knighting the dude that got banned for blatant anti-Semitism (among other things).

US politics is presently in a toxic state, due almost entirely to the failure to achieve any kind of national consensus on even such basic questions as 'should we stop gerrymandering?', 'should rich people be allowed to price the poor out of existence?', 'has trickle-down economics failed?' and 'should people I disagree with be allowed to vote?'

So are you an alcoholic or drug user?

Do you beat your gf with a hose or a firm stick?

Same vibe

Guest You have a belly

A lot of the "political" talk here concerning obesity seems like hollow grandstanding to me. If we're totally honest we're all here ultimately for self-serving reasons of some sort. I understand why people like to feel good about themselves, but whoever you are you're not some brave justice warrior, and trying to make your kinks seem like some sort of high-minded crusade won't change that.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:47 PM, A Saucerful Of Harry said:

I like to point out that Dimensions had a place for politics called ''Hyde Park'' and it's one of the main reasons why the site is in a sad state of affairs now, it ended up poisoning the entire forum because people could not leave their heated discussions in Hyde Park and it would bleed over into other threads turning people away from Dimensions in droves, given the 24/7 news cycle and how were slammed with politics all the time weather we want to be or not, I think It's in Curvage's best interests to not engage in political discussions of any kind, let this place be one of escape from the real world, also you have to remember Curvage is not just a forum but a modeling platform as well and we can't let anything affect these women's bottom dollar.

This is a bit of a tangent, but I'm always really curious about what sent Dims careening downhill. It seems like it had something to do with Conrad stepping back as admin, but I've only ever heard very vague, partial rumors. Nothing more concrete.

• 2 weeks later...

Curvy women and their admirers have a variety of political beliefs.  One advantage of political discussion on a site such as curvage is that people with a variety of opinions participate.  Most political discussion sites are echo chambers.  I have my beliefs but I like when someone presents solid facts or logical arguments that challenge them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 12:13 AM, lurkrul said:

Curvy women and their admirers have a variety of political beliefs.  One advantage of political discussion on a site such as curvage is that people with a variety of opinions participate.  Most political discussion sites are echo chambers.  I have my beliefs but I like when someone presents solid facts or logical arguments that challenge them.

Have a good luck with this...