Realistic gains

valek

OK so decided to start gaining and I've worked out a diet that gives me 24000 excess calories a week based on experience from anyone that is or has been an active gainer what is the realist amount I could gain a week? I'm male BTW if that helps

• Curvage Model
9 hours ago, valek said:

OK so decided to start gaining and I've worked out a diet that gives me 24000 excess calories a week based on experience from anyone that is or has been an active gainer what is the realist amount I could gain a week? I'm male BTW if that helps

Have you calculated your basal metabolic rate (BMR)? If not, this will help you immensely. As @extra_m13 said, there are so many variables. Just bear in mind that roughly 3,500 calories in excess of your base calorie needs equals one pound of fat. Hope this helps! ((:

Honestly, as a binge eater, I think that trying to “math” your way to how much weight you can put on will leave you frustrated. I’ve had periods where I’ve eaten 10,000 calories a day for weeks, and somehow put on maybe 10-12 pounds, and then I’ve eaten next to nothing and somehow still put on weight. They body is complex. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Curvage Model
13 minutes ago, dania201 said:

Honestly, as a binge eater, I think that trying to “math” your way to how much weight you can put on will leave you frustrated. I’ve had periods where I’ve eaten 10,000 calories a day for weeks, and somehow put on maybe 10-12 pounds, and then I’ve eaten next to nothing and somehow still put on weight. They body is complex. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Ah see, when I started I wasn't used to eating large amounts so I used math to help me out. I found the most calorie dense foods to hit my goals. But you're right, the body is complex and not 100% predictable. So the BMR and calories are just a guideline. It's really about finding what works best for your body.