So Mary got doxxed and ** blocked talking about it

goodgirlgrow

• Curvage Model

Can we have civil discussion about this? She got doxxed on a čhan site to be clear.

I know some people don’t like her because she talks about her politics, but let’s please not make this a discussion of whether or not you liked ChubbyChiquita. I hate saying this, but I’m going to guess that’s why she was doxxed... which is just so 2020 🤢 isn’t she fucking under the age of 24? Like she’s a college student! Of course she’s fucking hella political.

She didn’t like Curvage at the end, which is fine, and also not the point, and also doesn’t bar this from being discussed here.

Let’s focus on the problem: someone who was an undeniably big figure in the community got doxxed AND a feedism site isn’t letting it be discussed. A feedism site that she supported.

at the very least can we agree that doxxing is wrong and has led to so much fucking bullshit in our community?

update: I guess she’s friends with the admin set of that site, but I still find it to be bullshit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  their main admin seriously minimized it to “another platform’s drama.”

Edited by goodgirlgrow
Bollllldening

• Curvage Model

The shit with the certain unnamed feedism blog is what just put me over the edge. To have this non-grey face policy, but then go opaque when someone is trying to shed light on doxxing is disgusting. Especially after Mary, who probably had over 30k followers on tumblr, promoted them, said how nice they were. The best part is I am taking a huge risk by saying that bc I made an account there and their admin can dox me if he feels like it ¯\_(ツ)_/ It’s not fair for me to say this when she’s not here to respond (hi, if you’re lurking lmao) but she was pointing some fingers in the end there with curvage not caring about the people that bring it traffic (the competitive market discussion) and she was pointing them at the wrong people. That site did not give a fuck that she got doxxed. Screenshots of the admin minimizing it as “another platform’s drama” are on tumblr. Like a çhan site isnt motherfucking Instagram wtf. It’s also just INSANE to try to compartmentalize our community into the different sites and platforms we use. Just completely discounting that she is a PERSON who MOST PEOPLE who fapped to feedism in the last year or two KNEW. 

not to be a fucking constant cheerleader for curvage but things really are from the top down. @S77 let’s people discuss important, uncomfortable things. Sure they always end up locked, but that’s more of a pause button than anything. Literal moderation. Like “your about to say something stupid and I’m stopping you.” Not “I’m impeding your free speech.”

But my brown nosing aside, like I hope we can all just be a little better than this. There is so much in between, “hm, this person and their content displeases me, and “why don’t I just post their address and family members online! Brilliant!” (No, I don’t know what info was disclosed about her)

• Curvage Model

I’m out of reactions, but I really appreciate the last two posts. But I want to say the person who led to her getting doxxed is a dummy that she’s not mad at, but who we should be furious at are the people sending her content to her parents and siblings. 

Edited by goodgirlgrow
*not mad at

• Curvage Model
5 hours ago, senorclean said:

The people who exploited her personal information being exposed may not have had any particular axe to grind with her. 

I think you have an axe to grind when you send someone’s bare content to their parents and younger siblings.

I get your point, and I’m not saying some identify politics bullshit like “Liberals are precious and conservatives are evil” I’m saying, “I think politics make ANYONE regardless of party angry enough to doxx one another.” Libs doxx cops, for example. Im sure the repubs have doxxed people, too, can’t think of a tangible example.

Anyhow, yes, it appears that isn’t the case but also what you said is a little off. There’s having bad ops, but like you use the word “exploit” in the same sentence where you’re implying they didn’t have malice? 

Ultimately, I agree with you. Like don’t trust that people won’t abuse that info if it’s out there. Like don’t post your SSN and be like, “:) please dont use this to steal my identity, I just thought mine was pretty and wanted to share.”

respectfully debating with you, ya know I appreciate you as an e-quaintance that faps here.

Edited by goodgirlgrow
I just reread your post and I guess I kinda read more into it than I should but I really want to be clear I’m not saying ID politics shit

• Curvage Model

I feel like this became a fucking pissing match of things you all learned your first year in college.

If you feel it’s content creators’ responsibility, what do you suggest they do?

if you feel it’s the hosting sites’ responsibility, what do you suggest?

• Curvage Model

Lastly... this is more like your boss stealing from your paycheck or someshit. It’s not a random crime. It’s like burning down the corner store after the owner raised the price on beer. It’s not a random person robbing a random person. It’s someone who took the time to actively hate her on a chan. A customer

• Curvage Model

@Mr Froggy Not sure I made clear I was saying that whoever doxxed her had some familiarity with her, and that she may have in turn had familiarity with them. That’s what my little allegory meant.

I do appreciate the split hair about which part of the act is upsetting because I was thinking about that aspect while driving around today lmao it is two things: uncovering that info and disseminating and/or using it to do something else, but both making up “doxxing.”

More than anything it’s the malicious use of whatever the doxxed info is that upsets me; whether stealing someone’s identity, ruining their career, or telling friends/family. I mean technically those things are IP that shouldn’t be shared ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Aren't a lot of platforms what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas? That agreements are between the user and the platform and not between users of the the platform? So once you take soemthing off Snapchat or whatever, you don’t have any rights to it?

Possession isn’t ownership, and ownership isn’t rights.

To color this a little, I have lived my life since I was 10 believing that the day will come what whatever you have ever done on the internet could be knowledge to all. Ever think about what it would be like to apply to a job at Alphabet Inc? What a joke. They’d know so so close everything about you. I mean, they do, it’s just a matter of wading through and lining up “anonymized data.” 

1 hour ago, Hereisaduck said:

I don't know about that.

Is “consumer“ a better word? Like seeing someone who works at a store? You don’t get things from them directly, you purchase goods from the store where they work (Jack off to content on the internet), but you see then every time you come. Maybe you hate them. Maybe you’re obsessed with them. Should go figure out their last name and where they goto school and tell their dad that they’re a whore? 

Remember the episode of Mad Men where Peter Campbell runs into his fiancée’s dad at a whore house?

Toward that end, I am pretty sure that I would only get doxxed by 2/6 (33%? Yikes... I need to look at who I date) of my ex boyfriends. That is, it would have to be 1 of 2 of my ex’s. Or someone who hated me in middle school. I never had any social media, never made a tinder TikTok twitter snapchap ig bumble any fucking thing. Shocker I’m so ill prepared to speak publicly on the internet. The worst I ever did was have a Xanga and promote fasting when I was an anorexic teenager. Ever. Can’t tin eye my shit.

Listen to me. Asking for it. 

• Curvage Model
Just now, Mr Froggy said:

I let the first comment go about "people here engaging in a pissing match using things they learned in their first year of college" - but your attempts to snidely delegitimise all other speakers here arent helpful 

Neither are yours? Laughing emoji at my arguments?