My wife gained then I stopped it

ozbbwlover87

My wife has been gaining on and off for the last few years. She has had profiles on ff and **. We are now at a point in our lives to start a family. So the last 18 months I’ve encouraged her to eat well and exercise which caused some weight loss. She’s now pregnant and obviously gaining some weight due to that. One part of me wants to encourage her to gain as much as possible during the pregnancy the other part says to encourage eating well and exercise as much as possible. I’d love to hear what you guys would do in this situation. 

in my situation? numbers matter a bit here, if the lady is hovering a reasonable weight and without known health scares then i would certainly encourage her to gain and to politely remember her to do some walking at least. but gaining for sure. now if we are talking about a 600+ lady with some known issues well, then the perspective and the action plan may be different for sure. 

The health of the third person in this situation is imperative. Let her and the baby have a healthy pregnancy and then you can go full throttle after.

• 1 month later...

Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, and a natural time for weight gain. Let it be just that, natural. A woman's appetite will increase to take in the extra nutrients to sustain a healthy pregnancy. She will gain weight wether you encourage her to or not, so I wouldn't push it. After the pregnancy is when you can really encourage her to pack on the pounds. She'll already be thicker from the pregnancy, and she'll be used to eating more. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to make any judgement on your concern without knowing her current weight and health diagnosis. Is she near the threshold of a high-risk pregnancy, dealing with blood pressure, cholesterol? If not, I would have her enjoy and pack on as much as she makes happen - monitor accordingly at her checkups. Doctors aren't naive; they're aware women already obese generally gain more weight during the pregnancies and keep a close tab on it.

Guest loradayton

I honestly wonder how this is even a discussion. Your wife is pregnant  and the point of that is to create and raise a human being. You need to be talking to her OB first.