Quantcast
StirCrazy94545

AAAH! I UNFOLLOWED EVERYTHING!?!?!?

5 posts / 112 viewsLast Reply

(OK, settle down, Beavis)

I was fooling around with Manage Followed Content using the latest Edge on a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 2004 with all patches applied. I selected all rows and the nifty little widget popped up at the bottom of the screen. I managed to select daily notifications, but follow publicly was italicized and wouldn't let me select it. Instead, after repeated attemots, my fat finger apparently selected the other follow privately / anonymously option. Follow publicly remained italicized and unselectable. Should non-selectable things be grayed out, not in italics? So I gave up on the widget and wanted to close it. That X means close the widget, right? Wrong! I unfollowed everyone and everything with no confirmation or anything or any obvious way to undo it! Is it me or is this an OnlyFans level of UX fail?

I can see why it would be frustrating to un-follow stuff by accident.

It says "With X selected" and then has an action you can apply to the selection.

image.png

TO un-select without taking action. click the box again and choose select "none" (or uncheck each row 1 by 1)

image.png

(edited)

Ugh. I hate when I'm in naïve luser mode before my first entire coffeemaker's worth of coffee. 😱

Edited by StirCrazy94545
p o t gets the ** treatment? Really?

2 hours ago, S77 said:

I can see why it would be frustrating to un-follow stuff by accident.

It says "With X selected" and then has an action you can apply to the selection.

image.png

TO un-select without taking action. click the box again and choose select "none" (or uncheck each row 1 by 1)

image.png

Remember, I'm using primarily touchscreen tablets for goofing off. No can haz mouse hover. Do I really need a Bluetooth trackpad to use Curvage effectively?

Keymecher Mano Precision Wireless Trackpad for Windows, Multi-Gesture Bluetooth Touchpad Mouse for Computer, Notebook, PC, and Laptop (Slim and Rechargeable, Bluetooth for Win 10, USB for Win 7/10)

The same problem happens on Android. There's no mouse over / hover when just using a touchscreen, so the tooltip indicating that the X means Unfollow never appears. Ditto for the "Select rows based on type" tip. I'll see what happens when I use that Bluetooth trackpad with Android and Windows tablets. Hey, it was on sale for Prime Day.