Balancing Health & Goals

thatguest

So, this year, after gaining a few quarantine kilos, I finally decided to take the plunge and actively gain some weight. It's something that I've wanted to do forever, but have always avoided. Normally I'm quite active, so being locked down, combined with increasing my portions, has allowed me to gain a decent amount of weight. From 80kg at the start of the year, up to a high of 95kg, which has levelled off at around 92kg after easing off on some of the harder core eating and getting a bit more active again.

I really want to get to 100kg, but feel that my body has probably settled at around the 92kg mark as the biggest I can go without it starting to impact my health. How have those of you who want to be healthy and fit, but also gain weight, balanced these conflicting things after reaching whatever your "healthy max" is?

healthy max is a complex concept and it is not the same for everyone as it depends on so many things beyond the pure number at the scale. weight gain jumps can happen but usually it is better to gain at a slower pace. even a mere kilo per month will put you above that 100 mark in a relatively short time and your body will have time to adapt, as well as your wardrobe , and also to prepare for bigger gains