Creampuff Compliance (Intro)

Chickenshack

“Sheridan Alexander Davis, get into this kitchen right this instant! We need to talk about something!” A stern voice tore throughout the halls of the Davis family’s two-story suburban home, loud enough to fall on the ears of its two children, lounging in the living room and watching television. 

Sherry sighed and rolled her eyes while she prepared herself to trek to the kitchen to answer her mother’s call. Her little sister Allie, or “Allison Gertrude Davis” whenever the girls’ mother felt similar frustration toward the younger of the pair, snickered and smiled at Sherry, waving a finger in mock disapproval. Her face wore a look of “at least its not me this time”, and she shrugged her shoulders at her older sibling while giving her an admittedly genuine smile of morose pity.

Sherry only glared at her sister and then got up off the living room couch. As she trudged her way out of the living room, Allie whistled a funeral dirge while nodding her head along with the melody, taking pause only to laugh at whatever situation her older sister had gotten herself into. Just before Sherry left the room, she made sure to flip her sister a quick middle finger before making her way through the house’s softly furnished hallway.

Honestly, that kid was too smart for her own good, Sherry thought. The girl was older by three and a half years and she hadn’t been nearly as obnoxious and a know-it-all when she had been fourteen years old. And now Sherry was in trouble for something again… as usual, she had not a clue in Hell what that thing might have been.

Allie and Sherry’s mom was always angry, always frustrated about something or another. The woman was a perfectionist in every sense of the word and sometimes Sherry thought that it was impossible to ever make her happy.

Sherry might have been in store for a scolding because she had done something wrong or her mom might have just wanted to yell at her because… it was a day of the week that ended in Y. As she stepped into the kitchen lighting, she braced herself for whatever was coming next.

There she was. Caroline Davis as she lived and breathed, poised with hands on hips and her signature scowl adorning her angular features. Wasting no time, she immediately pointed at the kitchen garbage can.

“What exactly is that, if you don’t mind me asking?” she barked.

Sherry looked at the can and would have rolled her eyes again had she not feared her mother’s wrath. Sticking out of the top of the trash can was a snack cake wrapper. Sherry’s snack cake wrapper.

“What is the one rule about junk food in this house?” Carly began, full tyrant mode officially activated.

Sherry grimaced at her mother’s harsh tone. In truth, the rule for bringing junk food into the house was very straightforward: DON”T. But Sherry was practically eighteen, damnit. She had just graduated high school and wanted to live a little bit before being shipped off to college.

“Umm, it could be Allie’s or Dad’s…” Sherry fibbed. She knew it wasn’t but wasn’t quite in the mood to be eviscerated for the umpteenth time this week.

“Oh, really?” Caroline fired back, crossing her thin, slightly muscular arms over her flat but firm chest. “Because this isn’t the first time you’ve been caught, and you look like you’ve been pigging out lately.”

Sherry sighed and bowed her head in embarrassment. Knowing what was coming next didn’t make it any more bearable.

“You haven’t been watching what you eat and you’re putting on weight again!”

“Here we go again,” Sherry muttered under her breath. She hate, HATE, HATED being the only pudgy one in the family. Her little sister was skinny, her dad was skinny, her mother would practically die if she ever found an ounce of body fat on her own frame… Sherry had always been the “big one” in the family.

Of course, all this showed was how relative the term “big” was. Sherry was no twig, sure, but she wasn’t exactly overweight. She was a little soft and flabby in the tummy area, sure, but the point was that she was still healthy and relatively active. Any mother should have been content with having a healthy, happy daughter but Caroline wasn’t just any mother.

“You want to get fat right before you go off to college?” Carly started laying into her daughter.

“No, Mom.”

“Well, looks like you’re already there! And you’re not doing it on my watch! What is that?” she pointed angrily at the wrapper protruding from the top of the bin. “Show it to me!”

Sherry gingerly stepped over to the can and pulled out the offensive wrapper. They were zesty cakes, just about the most fattening snack on the market, but they were irresistible. They came in packets of two, individually wrapped, and Sherry had only wanted one. Just one! The other was still in its wrapper, looking innocuous enough as Sherry held it out to her mother. Carly’s eyes were lit with rage as she snatched the treat from her daughter.

“It’s exactly this kind of crap that you-,” Carly paused for a moment, scanning the wrapper for the first actual time since she’d spotted it sticking out of the bin. Her eyes lit up wide as her jaw dropped.

Sherry could only stare at her mother, unsure of what the woman would do next.

“Wh-where did you get this?” Carly asked. Only, for once, she didn’t sound angry. She sounded almost… elated. “I haven’t had a zesty cake in years! I- I didn’t know they made them anymore.”

“I, um…” Sherry stammered.

“Wheresoever did you find zesty cakes dear? Oh, its been so long…”

“Uh, the Spanish grocery on Main has them,” Sherry answered, confused. Wheresoever? Dear? Where was this language coming from?

What threw Sherry even more for a loop was when Carly actually began unwrapping the snack cake. Her eyes were glazed, similar to the cake she was holding, and there was just the hint of drool dripping out of the corner of her mouth.

“Mom, that was in the tra-“

“Oh, hush, darling,” Carly cooed. “You’re such a sweetheart for looking out for your mother, but its still wrapped, see?” She popped the treat out of its plastic casing, taking a big bite and… holy crap… smiling. Carly was actually smiling! Sherry hadn’t seen her mother smile out of anything except malice and spite since she was practically in diapers.

“Mmmmm,” Carly muttered. “So nice.” She sighed deeply and looked at Sherry with much kinder eyes than her daughter was accustomed to, face still pinned with an uncharacteristically soft smile.

“Now, what were we going on about, dear?”

“Umm, I don’t remember,” Sherry fibbed.

“Oh, well,” Carly continued, still chewing, “it was probably just to remind you of how precious you are to me. You know I don’t tell you that often enough.”

“Er, that’s okay, mom,” Sherry answered.

“Now scute your cuteness back to the living room. Mommy has to make dinner. Oh, or maybe we’ll order from that pizza place your father likes!”

Sherry’s eyebrows raised and she was about to comment on the fact that Caroline had always said that eating from such a calorie-soaked grease spoon was never going to happen in her household, but her mother was already shooing her, or “scuting her cuteness”, back down the hall and picking up the phone.

Sherry was at a complete loss for words. What the hell had just happened? She walked back into the living room where her sister was waiting with a shit-eating grin on her younger face.

“How bad was it?” Allie asked. “What’d you get chewed out for now, chubby? Caught with the proverbial hand in the cookie jar?” On any normal day, Sherry would have not-so-playfully swatted at her sister for teasing her about her weight. Allie was impressively smart for her age and seemed to funnel all of her intelligence into witty comments, deceptive statements and disparaging remarks. If Carly was loud and blunt when she attacked Sherry for her weight, Allie was subtle but persistent. She squeezed a pillow and crossed her legs like she was snuggling up to hear a riveting campfire tale or a juicy bit of gossip.

But today, Sherry looked at her sister, the incredulity still visible on her features, and slowly sat back down on the couch.

“Umm,” she began, “we need to talk about something.”

Great news! I am officially a professional writer on Curvage! This is the first part of a commission that I am doing for an anonymous patron on this very forum.

I've decided that I will gladly continue uploading my own stories on to here, but commissioned works will find their way to the Curvage Clips store for your gracious perusal. Part 1 is already up in its entirety, so go check it out!

As for future commissions, I'm totally open, but I've got my plate more than full for the next month or so. Feel free to DM me about commissions anyway; I would like to attempt to start a "queue" for when I'm more available :)

Stay tuned for plenty more!