Quantcast
StirCrazy94545

Killing a wedged browser empties the cart???

6 posts / 81 viewsLast Reply

Unfortunately, FireFox 81.x (currently 81.0.1) on Windows 10 2004 is having some teething problems, including wedging and crashing altogether. This happened earlier when I had a full cart ready for checkout. After my browser went unresponsive for a few minutes, I gave up and terminated it with extreme prejudice. No problem, I said, says I, I'll just restart it, navigate back to the cart and check out before FF craps the bed again. It will be easy, I said. Lo and behold, I log back in, but no cart. I add a clip, figuring that would bring the cart back with its previous contents. Newp. Whiskey tango foxtrot?

Even the new FF 32-bit 81.0.2 patch and Tuesday's update for W10 2004 32-bit don't fix the b0rk on any image-heavy site, not just Curvage. Once FF loses its fragile little mind, it's a toss-up on whether the Windows shell also goes wonky, requiring a total restart, not just logging out and back in. No userland program bug should be able to trash the OS like this. System dynamic heap fragmentation or MMU issue, maybe? I'm trying Edge to see if that has a similar failure mode, but its autocorrect is driving me nuts! I might have to go 100% Android for tablets and Linux for 'real' hardware. At least then the reaction widget will work right, right?

Why am I the one ferreting out and reporting this stuff?

2 minutes ago, S77 said:

A lot of this sounds like javascript issues in my opinion.

Not only isn't JavaScript sandboxed by the browser, it's allowed to b0rk the entire OS session?

2 minutes ago, StirCrazy94545 said:

Not only isn't JavaScript sandboxed by the browser, it's allowed to b0rk the entire OS session?

Probably not in that case.