Notification Issue

jpark786

• Curvage Model
21 hours ago, Ljj said:

I am not seeing any notifications for curvage Casey but I get them for everyone else? What’s going on? 

18 hours ago, MarshallT said:

yah I havent been receiving @Curvage Casey's for the last couple days either. I check her page a lot though :)

Thank you guys! It's happened before and our fearless leader @S77 handled it. We'll figure it out. Thank you all for letting us know ❤️ 

Guest grateful

Hi,

Can't put my finger on it bc of RL stuff taking up my time, but my notifications have been down about 150% over the past 24-48 hours.

Some seem partial also, like forums and clips but no updates.

Sorry I can't be specific, your mileage may vary.  ❤️

Guest Marshall7
2 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

I guess they’re just moving as slowly as I do 🤣 #fatgirlprobz

I was gonna make the slow joke too XD

Guest grateful
15 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

Sick as I am, I would prefer you moving slower over notifications!!! 😮😍😁

Time to get help!    😂❤️

42 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

You’re pushing 3 bills and move faster to things that matter 

Guest grateful

Hello Curvage,

I'm getting about 12 notifications a day and really need an effort to dig and see if anyone I am interested in has posted.

For me the site seems vacated----like everyone went on vacation.

Also, for me, your mileage may vary, the site seems wonky and thinks don't load properly  and navigation is slow.

I am wondering if this is a move to cool down the site, or is it my account?

Meanwhile, it's helping me get stuff done IRL.  😆  That's why I haven't been on here every day whining.

I just don't want to forget to come back!!!  😂

My speed test at home is consistently over 100megs.

Posting here in case others are wondering the same thing.   Thanks!!!!   ❤️

1 hour ago, grateful said:

Hello Curvage,

I'm getting about 12 notifications a day and really need an effort to dig and see if anyone I am interested in has posted.

For me the site seems vacated----like everyone went on vacation.

Also, for me, your mileage may vary, the site seems wonky and thinks don't load properly  and navigation is slow.

I am wondering if this is a move to cool down the site, or is it my account?

Meanwhile, it's helping me get stuff done IRL.  😆  That's why I haven't been on here every day whining.

I just don't want to forget to come back!!!  😂

My speed test at home is consistently over 100megs.

Posting here in case others are wondering the same thing.   Thanks!!!!   ❤️

There is no move to "cool" down the site.
What is really weird is things are working perfectly fine for me.
Also I am getting all the notifications. So it's really quite strange, whatever is going on.

Guest grateful
On 11/23/2020 at 2:54 PM, S77 said:

There is no move to "cool" down the site.
What is really weird is things are working perfectly fine for me.
Also I am getting all the notifications. So it's really quite strange, whatever is going on.

Hi there, took a break for RL issue and when I peaked in today, everything looks like it's back.

Reminds me of the earlier windows network schemes when support would use the word "healed" as if the net was an analog entity that my go in and out of various states of wholeness.   😂

Thanks for your feedback!  😁

54 minutes ago, grateful said:

Hi there, took a break for RL issue and when I peaked in today, everything looks like it's back.

Reminds me of the earlier windows network schemes when support would use the word "healed" as if the net was an analog entity that my go in and out of various states of wholeness.   😂

Thanks for your feedback!  😁

For those who care the issues are as follows.

Originally notifications stopped because some models had so many followers that the system would get flooded trying to send out all the notifications (and fail)

So we fixed it by creating background tasks that could send out notifications in batches.

The reason it broke this time is because a model DELETED her status before the background task could finish with the batch.
So we had to create a new process to clean up when that situation occurs.

Everything should be working again. (at least until folks find a new way to break something lol)

Thank you :)

Guest Marshall7
14 minutes ago, S77 said:

For those who care the issues are as follows.

Originally notifications stopped because some models had so many followers that the system would get flooded trying to send out all the notifications (and fail)

So we fixed it by creating background tasks that could send out notifications in batches.

The reason it broke this time is because a model DELETED her status before the background task could finish with the batch.
So we had to create a new process to clean up when that situation occurs.

Everything should be working again. (at least until folks find a new way to break something lol)

Thank you :)

Thanks, @S77. You always explain things very well. I appreciate that. And @Curvage Casey, you're just the SWEETEST moderator (and fattest 🤣)

On 11/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, S77 said:

So, you're saying Curvage models have grown so bloated with popularity that they burst the seams of Curvage's website functions? That's...kinda hot.