Notification Issue

jpark786

My notifications stopped popping up 3 or 4 hours ago and I do not know why. I still get a ping and the red circle with the number of new messages but not notifications. Is this because of maintnence being done on the site? Or is this something on my side? How do I fix this? Please help.

HI,

There was a small change. You should still be getting notifications but not for status posts.
Some models with excessive number of followers are the only ones who won't be sending notifications anymore for status posts only. We will continue to tweak and evolve this.

Thank you :)

9 hours ago, S77 said:

HI,

There was a small change. You should still be getting notifications but not for status posts.
Some models with excessive number of followers are the only ones who won't be sending notifications anymore for status posts only. We will continue to tweak and evolve this.

Thank you :)

Was going to say that I have not received any notifications for any statuses from the models I follow. If that has been disabled for the moment I understand.

But I am seemingly not getting all the notifications from their forum posts either.

2 hours ago, Tastic1 said:

Was going to say that I have not received any notifications for any statuses from the models I follow. If that has been disabled for the moment I understand.

But I am seemingly not getting all the notifications from their forum posts either.

It probably ONLY models who have 4000 or more followers. Can always check their profiles :)
This is the solve to a problem for now. We will evolve this.

Guest grateful

Very interesting!!!

I also want to report that I  have a global notification black out on that model group.  I'm down over 95%.

Thank you for posting ideas of tweaking how we follow and that model page work around-------

RE: model page-----activity only seems to go back so far-----this is why I appreciated notifications-----is there a way to  load more activity on the model page to go back further?

Otherwise, the site has grown so much it is a real chore to wade through site activity to find someone we follow-----I give up, as I have in the past.

Meanwhile, I hadn't thought of this but someone banging the update drum all day who has thousands of followers is creating a huge amount of traffic.

Is this possibly why the site has slowed a lot recently?

I some times can't navigate or see things and my IP is still testing over 100megs.

My two cents!   Thanks for the engineering----it must be a real surprise space to try to manage something this big!!

I am still a very happy Curvage member!

Ugh, I feel like this change is only going to make the main page worse.  Main page is full of advertising from models with a ton of followers already, and now if they're getting less visibility elsewhere that will only increase.  Can we limit how many times a model can post on the main page per hour or 24 hours and keep notifications?  

Guest gorJESS

Relieved to know changes are in the works. I'm on team "over-notified". My ideal curvage experience would be:
When someone I follow posts to someone or something I also follow, notify me. 
When someone I follow posts to someone or something I do not follow, don't notify me. 
I stopped checking notifications months ago because when 9 out of 10 of my notifications are about someone I have chosen to "ignore", all I could do was stop checking them. 

This is merely two cents worth. Just thought I'd throw it in since I've felt over-notified since jump street but I understand that I am one among many. I will continue to enjoy the sh*t out of this site whether it changes or not. 😁🤗 Love it!!!!

Guest gorJESS
13 minutes ago, S77 said:

HI, @gorJESS

Don't forget you can control which notifications you get

image.png

The problem is I've done everything available to ignore a user but I was still notified when anyone I follow posts to their content. Side note: the ignore feature doesn't ignore clips, whether in the clip store or elsewhere, but I'm not going to harp on small potatoes when you're clearly working to fix bigger things. 
❤️

Edited by gorJESS

Guest gorJESS
3 hours ago, S77 said:

You mean yesterday or over the last few days? The answer is no and yes respectively.

☺️ I mean at all. Either way is fine, I’m just curious because you said you were “tweaking and evolving” changes. Just wondering what the end result was. 🤔 

42 minutes ago, gorJESS said:

☺️ I mean at all. Either way is fine, I’m just curious because you said you were “tweaking and evolving” changes. Just wondering what the end result was. 🤔 

"hopefully" the end result is that notifications are now going out to everyone as they should AND models can post with out long delays before publish.