Quantcast

12 posts / 218 viewsLast Reply

Hi, I have trouble reacting to content with anything other than a plain blue "Like." Upon pressing the grey heart icon, the selection bar flashes for only a fifth of a second or so, and before I can hit the 😍 or anything else, it disappears and my reaction is recorded as a plain "Like." I'm seeing this in both Edge and Firefox 32-bit on a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 1903. Not that big a deal, but I figured someone ought to know. Muchas grassy ass.

OK, it's working as expected in FF 81.1.1 running on an Android 5.1.1 device in both Desktop and Mobile. In FF 81.0 32-bit running on Windows 10 1903 and 2004 tablets, not so much. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

5 hours ago, StirCrazy94545 said:

OK, it's working as expected in FF 81.1.1 running on an Android 5.1.1 device in both Desktop and Mobile. In FF 81.0 32-bit running on Windows 10 1903 and 2004 tablets, not so much. Any suggestions on what I should try next?

clear any cache

(edited)

I've been using a FF Private Window to visit Curvage, and the test using Edge was the first time I even looked at Edge in three years, and the glitch showed up in both. Still, I'll give it the old college try.

EDIT: No effect. 😫

Edited by StirCrazy94545
The struggle is real

(edited)

No plugins, mainly to try to avoid just these sorts of issues. I might dig up the old Windows H8.1 laptop and see if it happens there too.

About one time in three I manage to tap a reaction other than Like and have it stick.

Edited by StirCrazy94545
Further down the rabbit hole

(edited)

Just for 💩 and giggles, I put a bog-standard mouse on the 2004 tablet. All I had to do was hover the mouse over the widget and the menu came right up and stayed up. Wow. Using the touchscreen, however, hovering either isn't possible or I just don't know how to do it without tapping, which registers as a click on Like. Things make more sense now, but how to use reactions with a touchscreen in Windows needs to be made more clear. So, probably not a Curvage glitch after all but more Windows weirdness. Joy.

The ancient H8.1 laptop uses a touchpad. I think it can do the hover thing, but I'm not sure.

Edited by StirCrazy94545
Will the H8.1 laptop even boot up after two years?

On 9/29/2020 at 4:44 PM, StirCrazy94545 said:

Sure thing! Narrowing this down was actually kind of fun. Are there other site features that depend on mouse hover to work?

Apparently all the things use mouseover/hover, as fooling around with a USB trackball, Bluetooth trackpad, and even the Windows touchpad button taskbar widget thingie (but euggh on that latter) have shown. Both Windows tablets and Android everything are affected. I haven't tried Android x86 or using a mouse, trackball, or track/touchpad with an Android device yet.