Legos

Curvage Casey

• Curvage Model
2 hours ago, jacksprat said:

Yes. This totally makes sense to me. You are both cute petite women each barely five foot tall. And You understand and appreciate the patience it takes and rewards it gives of slowly building up and constructing works of beauty. All from the most basic building blocks. Adding on a little here and there until you at last have for yourself to maintain and keep forever a lovely form to display for all to enjoy. It is the opposite of whittling or rock sculpture where the artist pares away the material until the final form is revealed. Rather you build. Slowly adding more and more mass just a wee bit at a time. Et Voila! A Solidly Built Masterpiece! 

That was so thoughtful. Thank you. ❤️ 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IAmGivingBadAdvice

I do alot of custom painted stuff

Here's poison ivy from the animated series, Tony Soprano from The Sopranos and Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2

20210710_125303.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:05 PM, Curvage Casey said:

Is anyone else here into LEGO's? I've had some people reach out to me in response to my posts sharing a bit about this hobby of mine. Would be pretty cool to get a thread going to share our builds!

I am Big time (considering Im 35 this year). I enjoy seeing all the new sets and recently had to break down sets to make space, (I have 7 plastic tubs full of LEGO sets)... but I've kept one set together which is the Medieval Blacksmith and kinda trying to build a small scene for it.

Im right into the small details even to the point of getting the stickers on square, and Im even able to design and make stickers if i need them. 

I've also made some small Mech suits from random parts I have. If you'd like to see my handy work let me know ☺️

• Curvage Model
17 minutes ago, missinlinc1 said:

I've also made some small Mech suits from random parts I have. If you'd like to see my handy work let me know ☺️

I’d love to see any of your builds! That sounds so awesome ☺️  I am now also running into the tough decision to break down some of my sets to make space for more… very bitter sweet feeling!

3 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

I’d love to see any of your builds! That sounds so awesome ☺️  I am now also running into the tough decision to break down some of my sets to make space for more… very bitter sweet feeling!

It is a sad feeling when you have to save space and pull apart LEGO buy the plus side is one day you get to rebuild it again 😁

Here are my two Mech builds along with my WIP medieval scene

85F22780-1EE1-48EB-84E6-EB5B3F8B7DF3.jpeg

05B20AE2-D56A-4017-AC8D-D064FA68A68F.jpeg

6C05B230-1CC0-4CB2-B152-EF59BA8794DE.jpeg

• Curvage Model
9 minutes ago, missinlinc1 said:

Here are my two Mech builds along with my WIP medieval scene

Omg those are sick!! I love that medieval scene 😍 I haven't dabbled into any mechs yet but it's something I've wanted to do for a while now. Thank you so much for sharing. Seeing other people's work always re-inspires me

3 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

Omg those are sick!! I love that medieval scene 😍 I haven't dabbled into any mechs yet but it's something I've wanted to do for a while now. Thank you so much for sharing. Seeing other people's work always re-inspires me

Thank you, the Medieval scene hopefully when my order of LEGO pieces arrives this week will have some plants, weeds, a few more rocks and a cobblestone path. 
Just do it Casey, I’m sure where you are there are huge selections of LEGO stores, and if you are looking at mechs look at some of the Marvel ones for ideas/ parts and if you need more parts eBay is always helpful (well at least that’s what I’m finding) my mechs are constantly evolving when I first made them they were kinda basic almost like what LEGO had released then I started playing around with pieces and parts. And the best thing is just build a mech and not worry about how it looks and let it happen 😊

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @Curvage Casey. I was big into Lego as a kid. It was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I have a lot of Lego sets and sometimes took my ships apart or would buy Lego sets for the pieces I wanted. I have also gone to Lego stores a lot over the years to get the pieces I wanted for some ships. But Star Trek ships have always been my thing. I enjoyed trying to recreate the space scenes in my head that were seen on the shows or films because of how dynamic and realistic they appeared. For a long time I thought Star Trek was real from the time I was introduced at a few months old by my parents playing the Star Trek film music on a cassette tape to start the car. According to my parent It was not until around 3 or 4 years old when there was an episode of Star Trek The Next Generation and in the episode they said that the Enterprise was in orbit of Earth. Well instantly when I heard that the Enterprise was in orbit of Earth I ran out of the house and looked up in the sky looking for several hours for the Enterprise before my parents had to tell me that the show was not real. But ever since that reveal by my parents I tried seeking to make technology and life seen in Star Trek a reality vs a fantasy. Star Trek looked so real that I thought it was real for so long. It was so well done, especially the models. 

@Curvage Casey would you do a #Lego themed video where you build something or share your collection while eating during the build? Or maybe have you done a Lego set that I have never noticed that it is out there on the internet. I could also enjoy seeing you doing a Lego video where you are crushing things with your body bumping into things like Godzilla crushing a city environment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2020 at 12:35 AM, Curvage Casey said:

Is anyone else here into LEGO's? I've had some people reach out to me in response to my posts sharing a bit about this hobby of mine. Would be pretty cool to get a thread going to share our builds!

Love Legos! Though I tend to go for more Star wars or culture themed stuff because it's a blast. I would love to see the builds you have created!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest JDArg93

I'm into Lego myself (not as many but I do have a few Creator Sets).
My favourite has the be the Shelby GT500 1967 Eleanor - V8 Supercharger and NOS. A few closeups and I'll show a few more different sets soon. Nice to know there are Lego fans on this site

WIN_20220524_17_42_37_Pro.thumb.jpg.5e0f2ebd2716936f826bd33f1eb64412.jpg WIN_20220524_17_43_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.f4cc6314484fc1ff6263db12638d5211.jpg WIN_20220524_17_43_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.14d0debe88d038dfed68c4cc6be5fb42.jpg WIN_20220524_17_45_42_Pro.thumb.jpg.2ae55bb49436f886bebfc8864b75c109.jpg WIN_20220524_17_42_22_Pro.thumb.jpg.65ef84e09585c17cfe4e2d5cb0ece218.jpg WIN_20220524_17_46_50_Pro.thumb.jpg.c662f84e2d96332b9a8afd19e17b40d0.jpg