Legos

Curvage Casey

8 hours ago, Curvage Casey said:

Is anyone else here into LEGO's? I've had some people reach out to me in response to my posts sharing a bit about this hobby of mine. Would be pretty cool to get a thread going to share our builds!

I prefer Playmobil XD

8 hours ago, Curvage Casey said:

Is anyone else here into LEGO's? I've had some people reach out to me in response to my posts sharing a bit about this hobby of mine. Would be pretty cool to get a thread going to share our builds!

Sometimes at work i build with Legos ( working in school) not any special sets just cars and houses and such from imagination :) I've been to Legoland when I was a kid( it's a must if you live in Scandinavia ) 👍

Collecting Marvel trading cards, purchasing Super Nintendo games, and building Legos summarizes the 90s for me.  That was back when Lego invented their own designs and themes, such as M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius.  I have over 70 sets in storage, and I have been considering rebuilding them, but I would need to dedicate a room to them.  Some are large.  One of them is a monorail.  I do have the Simpsons house, which I can't bring myself to open the box.  I really want to buy the recent Batmobile Lego, but it is $$$.

• Curvage Model
30 minutes ago, ShoeshineBoy said:

Collecting Marvel trading cards, purchasing Super Nintendo games, and building Legos summarizes the 90s for me.  That was back when Lego invented their own designs and themes, such as M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Spyrius.  I have over 70 sets in storage, and I have been considering rebuilding them, but I would need to dedicate a room to them.  Some are large.  One of them is a monorail.  I do have the Simpsons house, which I can't bring myself to open the box.  I really want to buy the recent Batmobile Lego, but it is $$$.

Sounds like an impressive collection you’ve got! So worth it saving them. The batmobile build looks sick but you’re right, so damn pricey😫

I LOVE lego! I had so many DC sets but my shelve fell and all of them broke apart. I saved all of them and kept all the instructions but I am not ready to go through thousands of pieces to rebuild all of them. I was retire from lego but then I saw the F.R.I.E.N.D.S set and I had to buy it. Not too long after Nintendo team up with Lego and I couldn’t resist getting the NES set. I haven’t built my new set yet cause I have no room to display them at the moment but when I do, I’ll have a wonderful time building them. 

• Curvage Model
11 hours ago, John626 said:

I LOVE lego! I had so many DC sets but my shelve fell and all of them broke apart. I saved all of them and kept all the instructions but I am not ready to go through thousands of pieces to rebuild all of them. I was retire from lego but then I saw the F.R.I.E.N.D.S set and I had to buy it. Not too long after Nintendo team up with Lego and I couldn’t resist getting the NES set. I haven’t built my new set yet cause I have no room to display them at the moment but when I do, I’ll have a wonderful time building them. 

Omg that is HEARTBREAKING about your shelf. I dont even know what I would do.... I think a bit of my soul would die hahaha. 

But yesss the FRIENDS set looks like a great build. Honestly that's the hardest part for me, figuring out a space and proper set up for displaying them. I've looked into some of the acrylic displays but they're so dang pricey

7 hours ago, tokka said:

Just bought the Mario set at a nearby mall. Pretty cool and it would be even better if Lego decides to release a Luigi's Mansion lego set with Translucent light up ghosts!

The Mario sets look awesome!! Fingers crossed bc that would be a great build

Not gonna lie I was angry for a week when it happened, but at least I have all the pieces. The whole Lego hobby is expensive. They’re so many fantastic sets that I want but Unfortunately adulting sucks. But what sets do you focus on? I mostly get the DC, Marvel, sets but lately Lego has been killing it with these one off.  

• Curvage Model
3 minutes ago, John626 said:

Not gonna lie I was angry for a week when it happened, but at least I have all the pieces. The whole Lego hobby is expensive. They’re so many fantastic sets that I want but Unfortunately adulting sucks. But what sets do you focus on? I mostly get the DC, Marvel, sets but lately Lego has been killing it with these one off.  

Truly the most expensive hobby hahaha. But so addicting! I've done the Star Wars sets, actually just put them away into storage. I've dabbled into some of the Marvel and DC, got a few Fantastic Beasts sets before they retired. But now I'm working on completing the entire 2020 Harry Potter collection. On top of being a LEGO nerd, I'm also a huge Harry Potter fan. So I'm really considering just sucking it up and making the investment into something really nice to both display and preserve them. I have almost all of them now, my last two splurges of the year will be on the Hogwarts Castle and the new Diagon Alley sets

Guest Wgfan1993

HELL YEAH I'M INTO LEGOS!!! I have a saturn 5, a shuttle, and a boat load of ww2 tanks and airplanes. Favorite is the satuen 5 by a long shot. You can actually separate all the stages, including docking the command module and the lunar lander. Damn cool

Edit: ww2 stuff not lego but lego if you know what i mean. They all fit together lol

I bought this set a very long time ago.  I was never able to complete it because it is missing a bag of parts.  This was a frequent occurrence for me, but if I wrote to Lego describing the missing parts, they always sent the missing parts free of charge.  Well, I let this one slip by, but I am going to try to track down some parts to complete this old set.  I feel compelled to after talking about Legos here.

image.jpeg

• Curvage Model
37 minutes ago, ShoeshineBoy said:

I bought this set a very long time ago.  I was never able to complete it because it is missing a bag of parts.  This was a frequent occurrence for me, but if I wrote to Lego describing the missing parts, they always sent the missing parts free of charge.  Well, I let this one slip by, but I am going to try to track down some parts to complete this old set.  I feel compelled to after talking about Legos here.

image.jpeg

WOW this is such a cool set! Definitely track down those parts. I love that there’s other lego lovers on here

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Curvage Model
17 hours ago, Devi Thikk said:

I LOVE LEGOS!!! I was like let me look through this hobby thread and see if I can find a Lego section. I found it lol! Here are my Minecraft Legos. I also do Nano Blocks and other mini Lego type of blocks. 

Ahhhh another lego-loving fat babe!! This made me so happy ☺️ I’ve never dabbled into nano blocks but that’s sick! Those look great!

18 hours ago, Devi Thikk said:

I LOVE LEGOS!!! I was like let me look through this hobby thread and see if I can find a Lego section. I found it lol! Here are my Minecraft Legos. I also do Nano Blocks and other mini Lego type of blocks. 

39 minutes ago, Curvage Casey said:

Ahhhh another lego-loving fat babe!! This made me so happy ☺️ I’ve never dabbled into nano blocks but that’s sick! Those look great!

Yes. This totally makes sense to me. You are both cute petite women each barely five foot tall. And You understand and appreciate the patience it takes and rewards it gives of slowly building up and constructing works of beauty. All from the most basic building blocks. Adding on a little here and there until you at last have for yourself to maintain and keep forever a lovely form to display for all to enjoy. It is the opposite of whittling or rock sculpture where the artist pares away the material until the final form is revealed. Rather you build. Slowly adding more and more mass just a wee bit at a time. Et Voila! A Solidly Built Masterpiece! 

• Curvage Model
3 hours ago, Curvage Casey said:

Thank you! I know I was like that's so cool the hottest girl on here likes Logos like me lol. Yeah Nano Blocks are fun and they are a lot cheaper than Legos. Lol I'm a broke bitch I call them "the poor man's Logos". 😜