Think Positive

>_< 0_0

Guys... I'm gonna be a mercenary in Kuwait 😵 Deadass!

As SOON as the work visas go through, I'm off! Anyway, writing's taking longer than usual, so while I'm finishing the Sheba story and forming the plot of the Thin College, here's a quick little story I posted on another website once upon a time. I'll be finishing this one too sometime in the future, but in the meantime, it's just something to read. It has a bit of a cliffhanger at the end, I know...

Chapter One

Shaking my long, blonde locks over my shoulder, I took a deep breath, tugged the hem of my suit down, and stared at the elevator doors. Then, as an afterthought, I adjusted the shoulder-strap of my white-leather purse so it would be resting by my hip. Hold on – had I chipped the polish on my nail?

Ding.

Too late! Hopefully Joanne wouldn’t notice. As the elevator doors slid open, I put on my best smile and prepared myself for Wednesday at work. Two days down, three to go.

Bry was walking past the elevator holding papers. “Suzanne!” she smiled, “So nice to see you!”

“Hey Bry,” I smiled back, confident that my teeth were glowing white since I’d not eaten breakfast yet.

“You still up for running after work?”

“Uh, yeah?” I laughed, strutting out of the elevator. “Every Wednesday. Girl, don’t act like you forgot!”

We matched each other’s stride, our high-heels clacking in unison, my black, pantleg-suit against her navy-blue skirt-suit, equally-slender, equally-curvaceous. We were the best tag-team in the office – and besties.

“I like your new suit,” Bry brushed her hand against my suit-sleeve. “The faint stripes are a nice touch!”

“Thanks!” I grinned. “I bought it last weekend.”

“Where did you get it?”

Before I could answer, Joanne saw us approach from her cubicle. “Hey Suzy!”

I restrained from rolling my eyes. Curse these low cubicle walls – wasn’t the point of cubicles to give us privacy? Oh, who am I kidding? I love her.

“Hey Joanne!” I replied back. “How’s the kid?”

“He’s just gotten out of his crying phase. It’s great to be able to sleep again!”

I, of course, was all too familiar with her baby’s “crying phase” since that one day she had to bring him to work when her babysitter was out of town. It had really killed the mood, but I did my best not to let it get to me now. Positive thoughts. Always.

“That’s wonderful!” I flash my killer smile. “We should talk about it sometime – maybe a lunch date?”

“Of course! I’ll be seeing you two – by hun!”

Bry and I continued our confident strut towards our cubicles.

“I like her,” Bry remarked when we were out of earshot. “But that baby…”

“I know!” I laughed. “It was so hard to concentrate. And she tossed the diaper into the break room receptacle…”

“Oh gawd, I remember! I didn’t eat anything at all for lunch that day.”

“Yeah. Too much negativity in my life.”

“It’s like what you said, right? Cut the negativity out of your life?”

“Aw, you remembered? Thanks Bry,” I nudged her affectionately.

“It’s really helped,” she continued. “I stopped talking to people I don’t like and it’s really given me peace of mind – helps me focus on positivity’s so I can concentrate on growing as a person. I’ve been able to concentrate on my meditation and yoga too.”

“Exactly Bry! Good thoughts, good influences, good life. You got this.”

With that, we’d reached my neat, orderly cubicle. I breathed a sigh of satisfaction at the rows of pictures lining my desk, the indoor plants, and scented candles (unlit, of course). Best of all, though, was the television mounted just ahead of my desk. It was the perfect cubicle.

“Alright Suzy,” Bry hefted her papers closer to her chest. “We’ll run after work. How’s 5pm work for you? You think you’ll be done by then?”

“Um…” I stared at my workpad notes. “Sure! Alright, I’ll see you!”

Now for business. I rolled my chair out, seated my toned, little ass in the middle, and plopped my purse in front of the computer monitor. Time for a breakfast snack.

Opening the purse, I rummaged my fingers inside for what I’d need. Let’s see… phone? Check. Nail polish? Don’t need that out yet…

A deep gurgle sounded behind me, loud enough for me to stop what I was doing and take a look. It was Anna, filling a cup from the water cooler. I should’ve known; that cooler was obnoxious when air bubbled its way inside. It sort of sounded like a fat, hungry belly – at least it did when I was hungry…

I shook the thought from my head, subconsciously placing a hand over the front of my blouse. The stomach underneath was as tight and flat as ever. Who was I kidding? I’m fit. I’m thin. Think positive…

MyFitness App was a positive influence, so I turned my attention to that next. I loved MyFitness App. I used it to track my fitness goals, nutrition, weight, calorie count, and even micro-vitamins. Just seeing the loading screen was enough to put my mind back at ease. The first thing I checked was my weight: 125.2 pounds as of this morning. A rousing sense of confidence warmed my heart as I turned my attention to my food diary. Ah, yes. 1,700 calories a day, each meal and snack measured exactly to have the perfect balance of carbs, fats, and protein. I already had my breakfast packed and ready: one banana, half an apple, one pound of salmon, and – of course – twelve ounces of black coffee. Yes. Everything was going according to plan.

Except… I frowned as I stroked my hand over the insides of my purse. Where was it? Where was the Tupperware with my food in it? Where was my breakfast?

A full, buzzed minute of searching confirmed my fears. I’d forgotten to pack my breakfast. I blinked in disbelief towards the television as CNN ran random stories. How could I be so stupid? I never forgot my breakfast. I heard another rumble, and felt my stomach churn with undignified hunger. This was not part of the plan. I could not skip breakfast – the most important meal! It would provide me the energy to keep going. More importantly, if I did try to skip it, my body would try and overcompensate during lunch and overeat, which would –

No. I closed my eyes and calmed myself down. Deep breath. Breath in… and out. Okay. I could handle this. I would not skip this meal. I also would not resort to eating from the break room – too many donuts, too many temptations, too many negative influences. I had something better: my own personal stash, hidden in my bottom desk drawer. I hadn’t had to use it in months, but every time someone offered me food, I put it in there just in case. Now was the time.

Rolling my seat back, I leaned myself over my knees, reaching down for the lowest drawer and pulling it open. The flex of my glutes pressed against my trouser bottoms, and I felt my tucked-in blouse slide out. That was okay. My butt wasn’t big or anything – I was only 125 pounds after all – it was totally fine. The drawer was half-filled with half-forgotten folders, though. What food did I have in here? It had been awhile…

Crap. I had a box of snickers and a bag of M&M’s from the office Halloween party. Shit. Not the healthiest of options. Was this really all there was? Sighing, I plucked a single snickers bar out and straightened myself in my seat, tucking the back of my blouse back in for good measure. I couldn’t skip breakfast, and the donuts in the break room were worse. This had to have less calories than donuts.

Flipping the bar between two fingers, I winced at the nutritional information. 271 calories stuffed into a 2oz. bar, and 122 calories from fat. This thing had over a fifth of my daily quota of fat? And what was this? 29 grams of sugar? How was I supposed to fit this into my eating schedule?

Well. This was what I had to work with, and I’d make it work. It was already 8:10am and my stomach was twisting itself in knots. It was time to get this over with. So, being sure to not dirty my hands with the chocolate, I unwrapped the snickers bar from its wrapper, took one last look at the dark little thing, and took a bite.

The water cooler made a deep, bubbling belch.

It tasted good. Oh fuck, it tasted good. Too good. Every single one of those 27 grams of sugar exploded on my tongue, along with all that juicy, creamy fat. Chocolate was something I’d avoided for years, and my body just didn’t know how to handle this much sweetness anymore.

In spite of myself, I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath to savour the moment. I might as well, now that I’d committed to eating snicker bars – no, one snickers bar. I shook my head to bring myself to my senses. I was drawing the line at one bar, this half-eaten bar in my hand…

I took another bite, chewing carefully before swallowing. The fat was in my stomach now, digesting, dissolving, becoming part of me…

No. That wasn’t how it worked. I’d need to eat a lot more before I started gaining weight – which I wouldn’t. I was too careful. I watched what I ate. Eating like this was how other people got fat. One little candy wasn’t going to wreck my diet. Diet? That was the wrong word – I didn’t need to diet…

The water cooler blorped again. Huffing with exasperation, I twisted around in my seat to see who was making it do that this time. It was Mandy, of course, leaning down in her professional red dress and sweater to get yet another cup. She always did this; it was her excuse to take a break from working. Why did that cooler have to be near my cubicle anyway? The gurgling just sounded so wrong. There was something about it that sounded so… bloated, and then I felt bloated…

I quickly turned away. Focus Suzanne. Happy thoughts. You just swallowed the last bite of snickers. It was just one bar!

Was there something else I could concentrate on? The TV? I had to do something to distract myself from the fact that I was still hungry, my stomach was still growling, and another snickers would taste –

Stop it Suzanne! Keep focused and stop thinking about food! Breakfast is done!

Sighing, I leaned forward in my seat and set my fingers atop the keyboard. Work would distract me from these bad thoughts. I had to keep my appetite under control. My ass did not need an extra snickers bar, even if my stomach kept moaning for it. Christ, my stomach was shaking with all the growling it was doing. But I couldn’t give in. I’d already had enough fat for the morning. Any more would go straight to my ass…

Fwump.

What the hell? What just bumped into my left ass cheek? Whatever it was, it was hugging tight to my left glute.

Fwump.

Now the right glute too? Was someone grabbing me? I twisted around, ready to snap at whoever’d jumped me, but no one was in the cubicle with me. Huh. Weird. So what was grabbing my –

I gasped when I looked down. My butt! Was it bigger?

We need her to get mildly out of shape and have her tight skirt Riiiippp,and then detailed story of her struggling to get into tight outfits,jeans and resorting to spanx and shapewear to pull of the illusion of being in shape,description of how tight and uncomfortable 🥵 the shapewear and clothes are ,These mild weight gains are so much more alluring than the massive weight gain stories,Thanks for posting ,great story 

3 hours ago, Retrogirls said:

We need her to get mildly out of shape and have her tight skirt Riiiippp,and then detailed story of her struggling to get into tight outfits,jeans and resorting to spanx and shapewear to pull of the illusion of being in shape,description of how tight and uncomfortable 🥵 the shapewear and clothes are ,These mild weight gains are so much more alluring than the massive weight gain stories,Thanks for posting ,great story 

Gimme a hot minute 

• 1 month later...

Okay, so the Kuwait job is postponed until the next wave of 'Rona Virus is done 😑, but I'm doing good! Been plenty distracted by @Batman76's RP game recently, but it's been awhile since he gave me a prompt for my thread, so here's a hasty update on this story. I'll post the last part in the store section later...

It looked bigger. It felt bigger. Oh god, what was this? My trousers were snug tight on the rounded orbs that were supposed to be my petite glutes. Fuck, the rear pocket buttons were straining, it was so tight! What the hell just happened?

Okay… I took a deep breath and held the desk with shaking hands. Focus Suzanne. Stay calm… there’s no way that your butt just gained a few pounds. It was only one candy! Just one! People don’t just get fatter all of a sudden…

“Hey, baby got back.”

I started at the sound of someone ambushing me from behind when I was most vulnerable, twisting my butt awkwardly to find Bry leaning into my cubicle with a faint smile on her face. My stomach rumbled again, in unison with the damn water cooler.

“Hey,” she said again, softly this time. “I know we were gonna run after work, but… I just got swamped. Can we postpone till tomorrow?”

“Oh,” I fidgeted awkwardly against the tightness of my trousers. “Sure? I guess that’s alright.”

“Thanks,” Bry smiled again. “But we can’t be skipping too much on our runs. I mean, look at me…”

Eyes widening with horror, I watched as Bry stood next to me and casually ran her hands over the loose fabric of her blouse. Between her fingers, the outline of her belly came into view. Like a deep puff of breath, it rounded out, and instead of retreating, it grew even rounder!

“I’m totally getting fat!” Bry slid her hands to her hips and turned to the side to show me how her new gut was hanging an inch over her belt. “Well, at least you got good genes and all your junk is in the trunk.”

I was about to reply when my own stomach started gurgling and shaking.

“Well, I’ve got to send some emails,” Bry turned to leave, lovehandles hanging off her sides. “I’ll see you again at lunch!”

Lunch? Lunch? She’s talking about lunch with her gut bulging and my ass getting fat --?

I regretted the stray thought instantly, cause I started to feel the skin of my butt start to move. My panties were already wedged uncomfortably underneath my trousers, but now they were starting to dig into me. It was as if my butt was trying to break free!

“No!” I slapped my cheeks with both hands. “Stop it! Snap out of it!”

They stopped moving. Nothing was happening. It was the perfect time to focus, to regain my sense of calm.

“Okay…” I blew a breath out of my mouth and sniffed another one in. “In and out… in and out… think positive, Suzy…”

It had to be a dream, right? A lucid dream – the kind where you could control what happened. Yes! That was it! That was what caused… okay, don’t think any stray thoughts, Suzanne! You’re just having a nightmare about your fear of weight gain… but it doesn’t have to be a nightmare. Just focus on positivity until you wake up, and this will all be over.

With that attitude, I scooted my fat butt closer to the desk and unlocked my computer screen. Strange… for a dream, this one felt very real. Then again, that’s what all dreams feel like when you’re in them. I could see all the icons on my desktop. When I clicked on the internet search engine, I could see the default page and its every detail – including the news feed. But who cared how frighteningly real everything was? I just needed something good to focus on.

“Joanne!”

I glanced to my right, where a group of coworkers were gathering happily around the infamous office mom as she stood casually by her cubicle.

“Congratulations!” one of them patted her shoulder. “Another bun in the oven? So soon?”

“Yes,” Joanne smiled as she cradled her stomach – which immediately began to soften and bulge. “And I barely shed the baby fat from last time.”

“Joanne, you’re glowing. So soon and you’re already starting to show!”

“Oh, well,” Joanne patted her belly, making it jiggle. “That’s not the baby yet; I’m just eating for two.”

“I’m not complaining!” one of the coworkers laughed. “Maybe you can eat all my snacks before I get to them,” she patted her own suddenly-rounding belly. “I think the donuts are starting to catch-up!”

They all laughed, but I turned away in a cold sweat. What was wrong with them? Was everyone getting fat in this office?

I did my best to ignore the sound of my coworkers fawning over Joanne’s rapidly-growing pregnancy belly and turned my attention to the newsfeed on my screen. Bing was a brilliant search engine, giving me so many options for articles to read. Any article would do at this point; I just needed a distraction from all the negativity around me!

What was this? Top Ten Restaurants in DC? Food was the last thing I needed to be looking at right now, but it was too late: I’d already clicked it. Oh, just great! The title image was a steaming bowl of pasta? My stomach churned with hunger as I hastily scrolled away from the image. But no matter how far down I scrolled, the side ads wouldn’t budge: laced brassieres and panties, sports bras and yoga pants, all of them plus-sized.

Fuck that! Maybe I could watch the TV instead. It was situated on the far wall from me (which made my cubicle the best – got to count my blessings here). The news channel was running its morning stories, as usual. It was comforting to see the anchorwomen chatting away with each other, casually covering small bits of news over cups of coffee. It was the perfect morning ritual to hear them cover story after story in much the same way each time: some casual banter, a few chuckles, and then a deep breath from the lead woman as she read the teleprompter to discuss the next item.

“Thank you, Breanna,” the lead chuckled with her perfect nails spread over the tabletop.

“You’re welcome, Mandy,” the other woman said before cutting away to leave the whole screen to Mandy.

Mandy glanced down at the table for a brief moment before staring straight into the camera with her perfect makeup cradled in a bob of perfectly-groomed blond locks. “It is nine-thirty; starting off the bottom of the hour with a new study from John Hopkins University tracking the impact of the national lockdown on American womens’ waistlines shows some concerning trends indicating what we’ve all been dreading in the lead-up to the holiday season, being that the average woman in America is gaining as much as two pounds per week as they’re stuck indoors. We cut to reporter Rebecca Storme on-site of the campus grounds for some feedback on the implications of this study…”

The screen cut to a reporter braving the brisk outdoor air by the front steps of what was apparently the university in question. Like the lead, Breanna, Rebecca had bobbed her hair, except she was brunette instead of blonde. There was a slight pause as she awaited the signal that she was live before speaking into the microphone already raised to her face.

“Thank you, Mandy,” she beamed with a wide grin. “I just spoke with the manager of the study here at John Hopkins University, and…”

Whatever she was saying faded into my subconscious, for as she spoke, I noticed with mounting dread that her dimples were growing more pronounced and her cheeks were puffing slightly. She was fattening-up on the air!

“Rebecca,” Mandy replied quickly with the lackluster one-liner, as was custom. “I don’t know about you, but I’ve been feeling a few winter pounds myself.”

Rebecca laughed, a double-chin suddenly in plain sight. “Yeah, tell me about it!”

“And it’s not even winter yet!” Mandy added.

They both laughed at their lame joke, but I tore my eyes from the TV screen and pounded my fists against my desk. To hell with all this! Why was everything and everyone around me getting fat? Was eating a candy all it took to trigger me? Just one? How was I supposed to get my ass back in shape when –

“Oh no,” I panted with a loud whisper. “Oh, please no, not again!”

Pressure was building in my chest, as if I were experiencing a panic attack, but with each breath, the pressure focused itself into a smaller and smaller space, building as if it were air in a squeezed balloon. The gurgling in my stomach deepened. I was hyperventilating now. The pressure was in two points now, shrinking around the unseen circles of my areolas…

Ping.

I gasped at the popping sensation of my left nipple jutting forwards to three times its size. “Oh god,” I held the arms of my chair for dear life. “Oh…”

Ping.

And then the other one. The pressure was gone, but it was building again. A pop-up ad appeared on my computer screen: 42EE Bra cups, 50% off.

“Oh no, not that!” I stared down my neckline towards my non-existent cleavage. “Anything but that! I don’t want huge boobs! I don’t, I don’t… I’m a competitive runner…”

But my breasts paid no heed to me. They peeked-out from either side of my neckline, slowly at first, then swelling faster as they rapidly filled the space I used for breathing room. The little mole on my right breast trailed inwards towards the new line of cleavage, then upwards as the two globes of fat got trapped by my bra and blouse.

“No!” I fumbled my fingers over the undone buttons of my blouse, thumbing them into place one by one to conceal the wobbling mess of titty flesh. “Happy thoughts… it’s just a dream. I just need to wait until it’s over…”

Across from me, Mandy was typing away in her cubicle, standing straight and proper in her professional red dress. She brushed a stray strand of hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear before stretching her arms overhead and arching her back. The button holding her boobs in creaked ominously, and the fabric around her chest strained, until –

“Oof!” she stopped stretching when the button finally gave way, revealing a pair of swollen knockers oozing out of an overgrown tan-coloured bra. “Oh! Not again…”

I quickly turned away, but when I looked down, the stray button was between my legs. Before I could look anywhere else, my fat ass started twitching again.

“Ngh…” I gripped the arms of my chair as my lower half flexed and convulsed as if it were being yanked. “What – unf – now?”

My thighs… my perfectly thin runner’s thighs were expanding! First inwards, then outwards, and finally upwards as every crease and wrinkle in my trousers smoothened out. With each jerk of my legs, an other inch was added. It was as if popcorn was popping in my legs! And hips! My hips were widening! I could feel myself covering more and more of my office seat!

This had to stop! This all had to stop! I held my head with mounting panic as I realized what I had to do: the office was full of bad influences. I had to go home early, or I’d be fat as a hippo by lunchtime.

• 4 weeks later...