How fat friendly is your region?

Guest Jax-47

Guest Jax-47

In terms of local culture, cuisine, recreation, lifestyles, etc. how does your local area make it easier or harder to be fat/to meet fat people?

North Florida, where I currently live, is somewhat southern, which I suspect makes fatness more common thanks to the heavy diets and increased acceptance of fatness amongst southerners. Compared to South Florida this certainly seems to hold true; when I lived in Miami there was a noticeably smaller proportion of fat people there than in the northern part of the state, I'm guessing this is due to South Florida being a bit more image focused and it's climate being hotter, but obviously I couldn't say for certain. I've always heard midwesterners are relatively thick too but I've never been to the region.

Non-Americans please feel free to discuss how your area affects fatness too; I guess I'm just looking for suggestions for my next move someday haha.

it always comes down to family habits even inside a region but from here... noth of mexico i can say the following. it gets really hot in the summer and i do think that has an impact on how many people are fat and which ones. i mean, it is really uncomfortable to be really fat when it gets this hot and it can go either way. you can hide in your house and office in the ac and get fatter or you will eventually lose some weight. here i see not a lot of fat people to be honest, what i see is a lot of ladies running and biking and going to the gym and trying every new diet and staying in a healthy weight. there are only very few ladies that completely throw in the towel and let themselves to be really fat. which that changes of course...

Louisiana is one of the fattest states in America. Not only do we have great food, its part of our culture.  Every get together is centered around food pretty much. 

Its hot down here for sure, but I don't think it effects fat people too much.  We just sit inside in the a/c and eat.