Rebel Wilson

Honeyrider

You might not like her acting, or the roles she is in, but you have to admit she is a good looking woman. And unlike most bigger women in hollywood before her, she has no intention of losing weight. Maybe it's a side effect of Melissa McCarthy's success, but she has even credited her figure to her success so far rather than seeing it as a hinderance. Hopefully her success will compound, and she will score better roles in the future.

She does say on Twitter that she does want to stay healthy, which means walking to the store to get ice cream.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever she is interviewed and the inevitable questions about her weight come up, she keeps repeating how when you are in a TV show or movie, you are not allowed to change your size. Apparently that was the case during the filming of Pitch Perfect, which led to her breaking off from Jenny Craig. But I have serious doubts that there was any 'must stay fat' clause in her Pain and Gain contract, as the real person her character was based on was a bodybuilder with zero percent body fat. And she is an executive producer of Super Fun Night, so if she wanted her character in that show to lose weight so that she could in real life, there would be nothing stopping her.

No, I think she actually likes being fat. I'm pretty sure the "I'm not allowed to get thinner" line is just to get interviewers to shut up. She could have chosen to continue with Jenny Craig after filming of Pitch Perfect was over, but she obviously chose not to. And if weight loss companies haven't been asking her to become a spokes-stooge as she claims, it's probably because they know she would eventually blow them off like she did JC.

Very annoying, not funny at all, and, while not quite homely, not really pretty either.  Great body though, if you appreciate larger BBW, and doesn't mind showing it off.  Of course, the reason she doesn't mind flaunting her size, and the reason she likely won't lose much weight, is that's her claim to fame and the source of her 'comedy'.  She occupies a niche as a comedic fat actress, it has nothing to do with her being brave or pioneering.  If she lost weight she'd be just another average looking blonde with mediocre talent, and we'd never have heard of her.

Very annoying, not funny at all, and, while not quite homely, not really pretty either.  Great body though, if you appreciate larger BBW, and doesn't mind showing it off.  Of course, the reason she doesn't mind flaunting her size, and the reason she likely won't lose much weight, is that's her claim to fame and the source of her 'comedy'.  She occupies a niche as a comedic fat actress, it has nothing to do with her being brave or pioneering.  If she lost weight she'd be just another average looking blonde with mediocre talent, and we'd never have heard of her.

Well when you put it like that i agree. I heard shes trying to lose the weight. I agree once she does she will be just another average looking blonde with mediocre talent. Id like to see a girl that legit is proud to be fat and is into gaining become a celebrity in movies.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...