'Big, Beautiful, Black & Abroad: The BBW Travelnoire Experience' - An Article by Medium

John Smith

"While the BBW trend has been poppin in the States lately, big, beautiful and black women have been holding down the throne internationally for centuries--especially throughout the African Diaspora. From Puerto Rico, the DR, Costa Rica, Cuba…I have been gettin chose by my afrolatino brothas for a while now. 

[...]"

https://medium.com/@ldadesigns901/big-beautiful-black-abroad-the-bbw-travelnoire-experience-2ffd884a4e00

1_x9baqcdAROy6lmmGSaRU2g.jpeg

Guest grateful

Love this: what I miss about traveling-----a different view on things!!!   😍❤️🥰

It would be great if everyone could be special everywhere!  🥰

Guess I will just keep sending out positive reactions until the new world arrives!  ❤️

Love the article, thanks!  😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2020 at 11:15 PM, grateful said:

Love this: what I miss about traveling-----a different view on things!!!   😍❤️🥰

It would be great if everyone could be special everywhere!  🥰

Guess I will just keep sending out positive reactions until the new world arrives!  ❤️

Love the article, thanks!  😁

You're welcome. I really like these different perspectives about living as a BBW. 

Forums misses so cruelly this diversity of opinion and experiences nowadays. It's a shame we so very rarely have from enriching ourselves further from these.

This is one of the core reasons why I really ended up liking to share my life experiences as an observant person and feeder-at-times: just reading positive to mixed feedback from people diverging from bewildered to amused to thrilled and get most everytime these "no way it ever keep occuring front to you" or "wait, how?" reactions are just... emboldening and pedagogical.

We're just there, pitting our life stories and sees how it keep puzzling in and out together with newer colours and textures and you just have a sense of elation from the resulting graphics. You're starting to catch things which used to went under your nose and in same times, when BBWs are reading you, their reaction might be automatically from saying "oh, I can relate with her" , "hm wasn't that me?" or "I never read about women looking really more like me!" . I still remember the overjoyed comments than some female forum users on FF had when I first published my self-biographical 'Ramadan WG' story thread and the mere mention of having for a first time a real-life narrative about women of different suns and faiths, involving within the same weight issues and changing physiques than them, being woo-ed, hated, desired or woo-ing after and hating on like any everywoman, instead just hearing what remains indeed various accounts but from the exact same majority about the exact same group of women- which just fell somehow unintentionally flat and alienating: hence the sense of relief from those same minorities once snippets of their own experiences as BBWs, foodies and feedees, heavily relied whether willingly or not by how society perceives their "Other-ness" , are now growing more vocal.

I am fully conscious it nonetheless pissed off a lot of people there and around for reasons that are easily guessable-- speaking out about my past flirting experiences and observations about women of non-European descent, who happens on top of that from being of Muslim faith, into niche communities full of average male Americans (and very few although vocal Anglo-Canadians, Frenchman, Scandinavians, Brits and Italians) in the midst of the post-9/11 Trump Era? People were already pissed off by me speaking all short instead chuck-and-jiving to their ego-bruised whims! I was quickening my social suicide on these places more than ever, but just having the "hey, I am a black woman and a Muslim, so don't let us waiting for too long about the end of your story"-like comments are just exhilarating.

But I am just a man who experiences this from the enabling/observating end of that spectrum. Imagine all of the potentialities if those who are living this real-time feels less embarrased to share their stories...

Guest grateful

Sorry I missed a lot of this (your history).  Thank you for being bold enough to express yourself and break the mold.

There is so much more to life, and even in the niche of our interests, there is so much delightful variety beyond putting on pig ears, stuffing and "yah baby keep gaining" and the ultimate:  "I'm 18 and want a 1000 pound girlfriend".

Thanks for bending the discussion.