Shopping channel host or Newsreader

Retrogirls

Question

Hi looking for story about news reader or shopping channel host who gains weight and uses shapewear to hide the gain.Maybe a revenge story where shapewear is tampered with or magic used for on air wardrobe malfunctions ?

anyone to write or share such a story?

3 answers to this question

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

I'll give it a shot...

Felicity Hardwick was ecstatic when her application to become a broadcaster on Shopper's Plus had been successful; she had been toiling in the office mill processing returns for months and at last, she would finally get her chance to showcase her natural talent, live on air! 

Working her way through the reception of Shopper's Plus, Felicity met the Director, David, and the Set Decorator, Spencer, who walked her through the routine.

"You really have to sell the emotion," the Director impressed, "you want the viewers at home to crave these products - make sure they know that time is running out, and we're already taking calls." Felicity nodded as she trailed after, moving between hedgerows of designer purses and overpriced labels. 

"Hair and Wardrobe will take care of you next, Ms. Hardwick, just this way..." The Set Decorator motioned her through a set of double doors behind the cameras. 

This is where Felicity would meet Tina Chapman, a slightly stocky woman in her mid-40's who was solely responsible for every bit of fabric that passed through Shopper's Plus. She seemed nice enough; a curt introduction, the obligatory compliment. Felicity could tell they would get along famously. 

There was a spring in the trap however, and it would make itself known as soon as the irresistible scent of cinnamon had passed underneath Felicity's nose. If her life were a cartoon, the aroma would have transfigured into a beckoning finger...

"That smells amazing..." Felicity gawped, sniffing the air again in hopes of capturing a bit more.
"Is that... *sniff* ...a hairspray or-" 
Tina laughed. "The Craft Services table behind you, dear." 
Felicity spun about and immediately her vision was filled with sights of pastries, cakes, elaborate dishes and culinary masterworks. Her stomach gave a low gurgle in response; for weeks it had been celery sticks and protein bars - and now there was a feast just for... wait...

"Are those for, like, a... meeting, or?" Felicity trailed, spurring another laugh from Tina, this one slightly derisive. "They're for everyone, at any time - if you see something you like, just go on and take it." 

A feast just for her.

"Would you mind if I..." Felicity gestured. 
"Not at all, I'll just need to straighten those bangs when you get back." 

And that's how it began, Felicity nibbling on a frosted cinnabon as Tina worked away on her hair above, trying her damnest not to let a stray hair fall towards the sticky treat. She nearly became lost in cinnamon-coated bliss, the first real treat she had in...ever, but the silence was soon broken by the directors voice from the set. 

"On in three, guys! Fall collection, up front! Get that gaudy shit out of here..."

Tina quickened her pace, as did Felicity, chewing down the last of the cinnabon. 

"Alright dear, you're all set." Tina remarked, pleased with her work. "How do you feel?"
"A bit nervous..." Felicity offered. "I just don't want to-"
"Oh, you'll be fine! First day jitters, trust me, they'll love you - now get out there."
Felicity nodded, somewhat assured as she made her way onto the set. 

In the end, the broadcaster had nothing to worry about - the teleprompter was available in her sight at all times, and her speech was otherwise fairly repetitive. Showcase the product, remark on the product, downplay the price, offer the phone number, create false demand, offer the phone number, downplay the price, move on to the next item...
All the while, Felicity was beaming - she was a star! A real television star! Take that, Becky Foreman from freshman year! 

"Excellent work today, Hardwick, you're a natural." David beamed as Felicity unclipped her lavalier mic from her lapel. 

"Oh thank-you!" She beamed, flashing a pearly grin. As everyone packed away the equipment, Felicity made her way back to Wardrobe, practically floating on air.

"Welllll?" Tina lead as she caught sight of the glowing broadcaster, "What did I tell you? You did perfect!" 

Felicity squealed as she practically hopped on the spot. "Thank-you so much Tina, you made me look amazing!" 

Her eyes soon wandered over to the craft services table...

"Oh wow, those are still here?" Felicity gestured, returning her gaze to Tina. 

"Ooh, not for much longer actually - if there's anything you want, I'd grab them before Craft Services comes to take the trays."

Felicity was already making her way to the table as if guided by providence. 

"They'll just go to waste otherwise." Tina called out after her. 

The cinnabons were still available, their frosting still looking as fresh as if they just came out of the oven. Felicity bit her bottom lip as she stomach gurgled, ready for another well-deserved treat. She picked up the first cinnabon, and then surprising even herself, reached for another. It was easy enough to justify the reward however, still floating on Cloud 9 as she was, and they would just go to waste otherwise, right?
Carefully folding them away in a napkin, Felicity put them into her purse and swung back around to face Tina again. 

"Cinnabun, good choice!" Tina remarked. "Tomorrows table will be different, but they usually keep the crowd favorites."

"Good, I love them!" Felicity giggled.

---------

And so it went. For the next two weeks, Felicity would walk past reception into the hustle and bustle of the Shopper's Plus set. She'd float past the sea of merchandise she'd invariably need to sell and make her way into the quiet confines of the hair and wardrobe room. She'd gossip with Tina over guys on the set, people who had been fired, rehired and retired, and the latest bit of celebrity whatever. All the while, gnawing away on the assorted treats courtesy of Craft Services. When she was ready for air, Felicity would study the products on display and then deliver her most impassioned hocking to Camera A and B respectively. 
And when her shift was finished, she would return to Tina as she removed all of the glitz and glamour for a helping of praise, encouragement, and one last treat from the table before it was unceremoniously wheeled away. 

"... and she didn't last very long either," Tina prattled as Felicity sat in the chair just underneath, nodding as she tucked into her second cinnabun. 
"Awww, that's *chew* not good." 
Tina continued her spiel as she waved around her comb for emphasis. "No, and you know what the worst part was?" She didn't give time for her to respond. "She was secretly seeing Kyle, not tall Kyle, short Kyle. Well, not short Kyle, but short-er Kyle - so, she made him quit when-" 
The sound of double doors swinging open had cut Tina off, and she wheeled around to see if she had been heard from the outside. Fortunately for her, it was only one of the Craft Service workers who had arrived to remove the table. 
Felicity looked herself over in the mirror as Tina sprinted off towards the table - from her seat she could hear a bit of the interaction between her stylist and the service worker: 

"Just one, yeah. Ooh, and more of those, loves those! Sorry, just going to... Thank-you, I won't be in your way anymore, haha, thanks so much Ryan!"

The next second, Tina had returned to her post and began tending to Felicity once again. In the mirror, she could be seen smirking as she withdrew something from a napkin. 

"I managed to save you one of these before the table was wheeled away," Tina explained as she offered Felicity her third cinnabun. "Good work today, Felicity." 

"Ohmigosh, you're the best," Felicity relished, graciously accepting the cinnabun and biting into it immediately.

Tina would return to her gossiping, but if she had stayed silent for a few seconds longer, she would have heard the unmistakable sound of stitches ripping. 

---------

The first signs of danger occurred as they often do: on a Monday morning when it's too late to do anything. Felicity was dashing around her apartment getting ready for work when she tried shimmying into a pair of pants that she had worn on her first day. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to get the pants up much further than her thighs when they became stuck entirely. "Shit." was all that the broadening caster could muster. 
She turned to her full length mirror to observe the damage. It was pretty evident. In the past month she had developed a pretty substantial belly, guided by indulgence and supplied by the Craft Services table. 
Felicity attempted to suck in, but doing so did not suddenly relinquish a six-pack, much to her dismay. It did however allow her to shimmy her pants a little further, and even begin to do up the zipper - it was progress at least.
Laying back on the bed, Felicity attempted to bring the zipper all the way to the top - but now considerably red faced, she could only bring it another quarter inch before she had to breathe for air, which caused her belly to surge forward and undo her zipper entirely. This wasn't good. 
Foisting herself into the closet, Felicity looked for a top that would be able to cover her belt line, and she was successful in finding an old sweater that would do the job. It wouldn't be suitable for air, but it did hide the damage fairly well. Lacking an alternative, she grabbed her keys and sprinted to the car. 

Fifteen minutes later she had arrived at Shopper's Plus, made her way through the reception hall and then headed straight for wardrobe. Fortunately, Tina was already inside to greet her.

"Hey, did you hear what happened to Jim? His wife has..." Tina began, but stopped as soon as she saw the alarmed look on Felicity's face. "Uh, are you okay?"

"No!" Felicity whispered sharply, "I need your help!"

"Sure," Tina replied, slightly taken aback, "What's the problem?"

Felicity lifted her shirt, exposing her belly. "THIS is the problem!"

"Oh. OH!" Tina took in the damage from all angles as Felicity bit her bottom lip. "Oh wow. Okay." 

Tina's eyes left Felicity's body as they traveled upwards, meeting her gaze. Shit. She needed to be professional here. 

"Okay." Tina repeated, more assuredly this time. "This is no big deal, at all. Okay?"

Felicity nodded dumbly on the verge of tears. 

"We'll fix this, I promise. This happens all the time!" Tina left to sort through the nearest closet for a solution. "Much more often than you'd think actually."

She then returned with a silky black pair of spanx hanging from a hanger and passed them to Felicity. "You ever wear these before?" She shot as she locked the door to wardrobe. 

Felicity looked them over with a bit of confusion, "Uh..." 

"These are Spanx," Tina was suddenly by her side again, "They firm everything up, completely smooths everything over - no bunching. Try them on.
Tina returned to the door to afford Felicity some privacy, but couldn't help but turn when she had stripped down to just her bra and panties. 'Maybe she should be modeling the maternity line' Tina thought, then felt bad immediately after. 

Once Felicity had put on the spanx and started modeling them in the mirror, Tina unlocked the door and returned. "See?" she offered, giving Felicity some peace of mind. "It hides everything."

Relieved, Felicity spun in the mirror to take at herself from all angles. "You are a miracle worker, Tina!" 

"On in three, everyone!" David could be heard shouting from the set. 

"Quick, get dressed!" Tina spat, "The blue top, it brings out your eyes. Good luck!"

-------

Fortunately for Felicity, everything went off without a hitch. She managed to get through the entire broadcast without a single slip-up, and the spanx worked like a charm. She left the set at the end of the day, and thanked Tina profusely. She decided then and there to end her treat binges at the Craft Services table, but alas, willpower isn't something you can get in three easy payments. 

Tina's contract had expired later that month, and with a teary goodbye she left for a similar paying job halfway across the country. Felicity promised she would stay in touch. Tina's replacement had just graduated from college, and it was obvious that her inexperience came at a bit of a savings. Clarity wasn't a bad person, though, she just wasn't Tina. 

Initially, Felicity had sworn off the Craft Services table entirely, but the further away she got from the crisis, and the more she could simply rely on her spanx to cover the damage, the more lax she allowed her diet to become. 

Soon, the broadcaster found herself sitting in the chair and nibbling on a pastry while Clarity was trying to do her hair, fumbling uneasily all the while. Felicity had tried to be patient with her, but her clumsiness and inexperience had left her literally sprinting to get on set on time before. 

Her patience wore thin over one spectacular error when Clarity had stupidly held the straight-iron to her side and managed to burn a hole through the dress on the back of the chair. 

"I can't believe they let her go for you!" Felicity had shouted. "My dress is ruined!"

"I-I'm sorry Ms. Hardwick -- I didn't mean... I thought it was off and-"

Felicity sighed and tried to de-escalate the situation. "Look, I'm sorry. I... I know you're new, and you're trying, but... please try harder. Okay?" 

Clarity nodded, shaken by the situation. "Yep." was all that she could get out before her voice cracked.

Felicity felt bad immediately. "Wait here a second." she said, getting up from the chair. She returned a second later with a pair of cinnabuns. 

"I'm sorry I freaked out," she said empathetically, passing the frosted dessert, "that wasn't me at all. Maybe I'm just hangry." 

Clarity giggled at this remark, and took a bite from the cinnabun. 

Clarity would come to notice that Felicity's mood would improve drastically when she had something to eat - perhaps she couldn't make scathing remarks when her mouth was full, or perhaps she was just hangry after all. In truth, it was probably because getting her cinnabuns was about the only thing that Clarity could do as well as Tina. 
The young stylist made sure that she always had a treat handy for just such an occasion.

-------

It was an early morning in January on the first day back at work when Felicity ran into another wardrobe issue - she had spent the holidays indulging, and found that when she tried to put her spanx on, she managed to tear the seams entirely! Now compromised, the spanx just wouldn't hold their form. Panicked, Felicity raced to her car and peeled off towards Shopper's Plus. She flew past reception, through the crowds as they assembled the set and into wardrobe.

"Hey Ms. Hardwick!" Clarity began, "Can I get you a-"

"My spanx!" Felicity hissed as she locked the door behind her, "They're ruined, I need another pair!" 

"Oh. Crap...um..." Clarity headed for the largest closet, "What size are they?" 

"They were a 6," Felicity returned. 

The scraping of clothes hangers on metal could be heard as Clarity sorted through the options. Soon she found another pair and looked at the tag. 

"I have a 5." She turned around to meet Felicity's gaze. She was not impressed. "Right, sorry. That doesn't... Okay." 

She kept dashing aside hooks and wire until... 

"Ah! Perfect. I have a 7!" Overjoyed, she turn them over to Felicity, who was equally pleased.

"Excellent Clarity, thank you." Felicity sighed with relief before she began disrobing. Clarity watched as the bloated broadcaster hiked up the fabric past her legs, then covered her stomach. The spanx managed to hide all of the problem areas, smoothing everything over. 
"You should suck in." Clarity offered, "If you can" she added, and then felt immediate regret.
Felicity obliged, sucking in her stomach and holding the air in her lungs, "How do I look?" she wheezed.
"Um, great. But maybe don't suck in so much so you can still talk." Clarity suggested.
Felicity let a bit of air out, which caused her stomach to stress against the spanx. "Does this sound better?"
"Much better, just work on your breathing I guess..."

"On in three, guys!" David shouted from the set. 

"Okay, you can do this," Clarity said more to herself than to Felicity, "Get out there and break a leg!"

-------

Viewers who turned into the infamous Shopper's Plus broadcast of January 7th, 2021 could already tell something was amiss. The usual presenter, Ms. Felicity Hardwick appeared to be distracted during the initial broadcast, and only appeared to become more uncomfortable as the airing continued. Her breathing was off, like she was trying to speak through a runners stitch; when she drew breath inwards, it was quick and shallow. 
What ultimately lead to her undoing was the 'Legendary Brass and Gold Signature Signet 14 Karat Necklace, Bracelet and Ornate Brooch Collectors Piece'

"This is a... one-of-a-kind product that... you're not going to find at a better deal... anywhere else." Felicity began, now 45 minutes into her shift - she was starting to feel a bit light-headed. "The number to call is... on the screen now, and if you... call within the next 15 minutes we're going to... throw in another set, completely free!"

Her enthusiasm was undercut by her wincing, she could tell that she was under-performing. She scanned the crew for David who looked a bit confused at her performance. Right, she'd have to really sell it here...

"That's right!" She began with newfound energy, "Just pay shipping and handling and you'll get... the Legendary Brass and Gold Signature Signet 14-" She could make it, if she pushed herself, she had enough air. "-Karat Necklace, Bracelet-" she could feel herself running out of air, but she was so close to the end, "-and Ornate Brooch-" Her face was reddening by the second. "Collect..ors..." 

With the last bit of air in her lungs, Felicity managed to choke out the word "piece" followed by an involuntary gasp of air. Unfortunately, this would prove to be the straw that broke the camels back, as the already-strained spanx tore completely, allowing Felicity's stomach to surge outwards not unlike rising dough from an oven. In seconds, the poor broadcaster was rendered stark naked and the rest of the crew was scrambling to focus their cameras elsewhere.

Many had naturally assumed that Ms. Felicity Hardwick had simply become too large for the spanx to contain, but if they had investigated the split seams from the dress she had worn that day, they would have discovered that the stitching wasn't weakened by stress and strain. The stitching showed evidence of being frayed, as though someone intentionally burned away several key stitches. With a straight-iron.