• Curvage Model

Pork Fried Vegetable Rice

I am getting my pork roast into the instantpot for tonight's dinner. I think the instantpot is one of the best tools in the kitchen... I am adding two cups of water so I will have a beautiful broth to make my rice with as well. This technique will also make the roast very tender in no time so I can roast it in the oven for a bit too... adding that yummy carmelization that makes this a dinner time favorite!

Once I take a pretty photo of the finished product I will post the full recipe too! Hope you are having a wonder Funday Sunday! -Becky

porkfriedrice.GIF

porkfriedrice.png

Edited by beckylesabre

• Curvage Model

Pork Vegetable Fried Rice

porkvegetablefriedrice.thumb.jpg.b39b148978c7def052b0c04e76d7558c.jpg

Ingredients:

Rice

Pork

Vegetables: (any kind you like) plus the trifecta ginger, garlic, onion.

Seasoning: soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and five spice powder.

Directions
  1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon (vegetable, olive, or sesame) oil. Stir in the ginger, garlic, and onions and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  2. In the same skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil then add your vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender. Add the pork to the skillet, then cook until the pork is starting to caramelize.
  3. Add the rice then stir in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili sauce, and five spice powder.

porkvegetablefriedrice.gif

• Curvage Model

Making soup tonight for dinner so I am getting my broth ready. Starting by sauteing a frozen vegetable base I make from garlic, onion, celery, and bell peppers. Another frozen trick I do is freezing stocks and broths in containers... in this broth I am adding a cube of Asian flavors that has soy, rice wine vinegar and the frozen veggie base from a pork roast I made last week. Then I add a frozen basic chicken stock along with a ham bone. Now I will pressure cook it for an hour and ten minutes before I add my beans and cubed ham to make a beautiful soup.

My wife does not like the texture of mushrooms but loves the blast of flavor they add. So, I use dried mushrooms and soak them in warm water to pour the liquid in for an extra hit of yumminess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Curvage Model

large.beckylesabreshrimpdiablodinner.gif.4e51310688ca090302ba295cc7eb7488.gif

Ingredients

1 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine
1 cup tomato sauce
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 pound linguine
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

• In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes, toss and remove from pan onto a large plate.
  • Add the onions, and garlic to the pan and cook for 8 minutes, make sure not to burn the garlic. Add white wine, crushed tomatoes, lemon zest, chili flakes, oregano, basil and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 15 minutes. Add the shrimp back to the pan and toss. Add linguine to the pan and toss to coat all of the pasta.
  • Divide linguine and top with grated parmesan cheese.